Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official Indy DVD Help Thread

365K views 5K replies 176 participants last post by  Zezo 
#1 ·
To help reduce server load it's time for a new thread. The old one will still be available for viewing but from now is closed for posting. Old Thread

#2,991 ·
There's an awesome youtube clip of Taue hitting the most atrocious kick on Takayama. Yet, strangely, you still get the sense that Takayama didn't sell it because he had to... but rather because Taue literally could knock you out with a miss.

#3,051 ·

The highlight of Claudio's 2008. Swiss & Sour could have actually worked but I'll wait & see since almost everything else Quack has done in Chikara has worked this year.

Oh, and definitely CZW over IWA:MS. Occasionally you can actually find a good match in CZW despite the horrid booking.

Reactions: seabs
#3,055 ·
I could see an eventual Claudio/Kingston pairing, for whatever reason. If that's the plan I know Quack couldn't help but fit some hints into the match they worked against each other that ju8st came out, so I'm anxious to watch tha5t one.

#3,068 ·
If someone could upload Strong/Richards from BOTB, I'd be eternally grateful. I'm dying to see the "new" Richards, and his match against Strong is getting rave reviews everywhere.

Reactions: seabs
#3,072 ·
ROH Tokyo Summit:

Austin Aries vs. Tyler Black- ***1/4

Eddie Edwards vs. Kazushi Miyamoto- *1/2

El Generico vs. Taiji Ishimori- ***1/2

Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. Davey Richards & Takeshi Morishima- ***1/4

Yoshinobu Kanemaru vs. Bryan Danielson (GHC Jr. Heavyweight Title Match)- ****1/4

KENTA & Kota Ibushi vs. Naomichi Marufuji & Katsuhiko Nakajima- ****1/4

Kensuke Sasaki vs. Roderick Strong- ***1/2

Nigel McGuinness vs. Jimmy Jacobs (ROH World Title Match)- ****

Trying to catch up on my ROH and what not.

#3,091 ·
ROH Best In The World Collection

Joe/Kobashi-*****
AJ/Sydal vs Dragon Kid/Genki-***1/4
KENTA/Aries-***3/4-****
Joe/"Cactus Jack"-*1/2
Briscoes/Doi & Shingo-****1/4
Danielson/Storm-***3/4
Punk/Funk-***
Claudio/Generico-****1/4-****1/2
Nigel/Morishima-***3/4-****

Awesome set of matches, especially considering I only paid like $8 for it.

#3,114 ·
ROH Bloodstained Honor

Joe/Jay Briscoe-**** (What a crimson mask)
Cabana/Homicide-***3/4
ROH/CZW 6 Man-****1/4
Punk/Rave-***1/2
Embassy/Generation Next-****1/2-****3/4 (Jack Evans is insane)
Prophecy/Second City Saints-****1/2
Bricoes/Steen & Generico-****1/2
Jacobs/Cabana-****-****1/4

Insanely awesome set of matches, not a single match on the whole set that I wouldn't say was great. Definitely better than the Best In The World comp but they're 2 completely different animals as well. (Technical wrestling vs brawls pretty much)

As far as actual match quality goes this has to be one of the most thoroughly great DVD's I've ever seen, just tremendous.

#3,132 ·
I actually don't mind the Japanese commentary, especially during the hotest parts of a match when the commentator shows some passion that I think adds to the match.

For example, I loved at the end of Morishima/Misawa, the end of the match wouldn't have the same impact in my mind if it was for the commentator yelling "BAAACKAADROOOPPPPUUUUUUUU~!!!!!!"

#3,161 ·
I never saw Black/Joe really being that strong of a match anyways just for the sole fact of seeing Joe return was worth it enough. I expected Joe to come out, do his usual stuff with Black putting up a good fight and then it's over. That's what it was and I was entertained.

Still awesome that he came back tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.