Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - WWE: A Strong Response

View Single Post

Old 05-22-2008, 03:46 PM   #549 (permalink)
Nige™
Total Divas Marks Just Suck

Nige™ has made a name for themselvesNige™ has made a name for themselvesNige™ has made a name for themselvesNige™ has made a name for themselvesNige™ has made a name for themselvesNige™ has made a name for themselvesNige™ has made a name for themselvesNige™ has made a name for themselvesNige™ has made a name for themselvesNige™ has made a name for themselvesNige™ has made a name for themselves
Default WWE.com - HOMEPAGE (Smackdown Results - 25th January '08)

^^^Yes mate they certainly are^^^

Smackdown Results
25th January 2008

Blue Cross Arena
Rochester, New York

***2 DAYS UNTIL THE ROYAL RUMBLE***

***OPENING VIDEO***
“Rise Up”

***PYRO***
***PYRO***
***PYRO***
***PYRO***
***PYRO***

“Sexy Boy” blasts out & Shawn Michaels walks down to the ring in a suit with the World Heavyweight Championship over his shoulder as the crowd all stand up

***HUGE POP***

Shawn Michaels:
You can’t possibly imagine how great it is to be back in the good old U S of A

***HUGE POP***

Shawn Michaels:
Last week I got it from all corners. . . Edge, family and even an animal. . . You know, not only can Canada not get over something that happened ten years ago, neither can my so called cousin, Michael Shane. . . For those of you who had the misfortune to tune in last week, you would have seen yours truly on the end of the Canadian fan’s abuse as well as seeing me forced into defending my World Title against the Rated R Jackass known as Edge

***HEAT***

Shawn Michaels:
But not only that, Edge had a special surprise for me. He wasn’t just happy to remind Canada of every little mistake I’ve made in my life, but he even turned my own cousin against me. . . He thought he’d really twist the knife that little bit further by putting my own cousin in his corner in our championship match. . . He put every little obstacle in my way, thinking he had the match won and would be leaving Canada with my title. . . However, it didn’t quite go to plan did it Edge? . . . Your little plan backfired in a big way

***POP***

Shawn Michaels:
Well tonight and Sunday Edge, you’re not in Ontario, you’re in the United States of America baby, and you’ve got one fired up Heartbreak Kid ready to kick your head right off your shoulders

***BIG POP***

Shawn Michaels:
And Edge if you wanna test me tonight, I’m beggin ya. . . I’m beggin ya to try me one time

***POP***

Shawn Michaels:
Come on big man, bring your ass down here right now and I’ll do what I should have done last week and put you out of your misery

***POP***

“I Walk Alone” tears through the speakers as Batista walks out to mainly cheers, but some boos in jeans, a shirt and sunglasses

As Batista gets in the ring, he walks over to get a microphone while Michaels looks confused

Batista: Shawn, I didn’t have any plans to come down here, but after hearing what you had to say, I feel that I need to tell you something. . . You seem to forget that you’re not only defending that title there against Edge this Sunday. . . you’ll be defending it against me too. . . Shawn, you need to look past Edge and look at your real challenge. . . me. . . You took that title away from me last month, and this Sunday night, I’m taking it back

***MIXED REACTION***

Shawn Michaels:
Well Dave, I’m glad you came down here. . . I didn’t forget about you as you seem to think. . .trust me I didn’t. . . See last week, I had a match with Edge and I lost by disqualification. . . But Dave, I have a question for you. . . why was that? . . . How did I lose by disqualification last week? . . . Did I get too carried away like sometimes the show stopper does? . . . Did I temporarily lose control of my senses? . . . Or was it. . . could it just be because someone by the name of Batista got involved in my match and attacked my opponent?

***HEAT DIRECTED AT BATISTA***

Shawn Michaels:
I’m sure we both have different opinions Dave, but let me tell you something Dave before you put these people to sleep. . . You cost me the match last week Dave, and you can’t deny that. And Dave, to me a loss is a loss despite the fact I held onto this title, that yeah I took from you big fella, you. . .

Batista: Shawn, as much as you might not want to hear it, I was doing you a favour. I was the only friend you had in Canada last week, and if it wasn’t for me, the chances are you wouldn’t be standing here tonight with that title on your shoulder. . . But then again Shawn, this time next week, you won’t be

***HEAT***

Batista:
Because this time next week, it will be back where it belongs. . . around the waist of The Animal

***HEAT***

Batista:
This Sunday Shawn, you can do whatever you want to me, it’s not going to make a difference. It’s every man for himself and I promise you Shawn, you will not leave Madison Square Garden as the World Champion

***HEAT***

Shawn Michaels:
Dave, I like ya big man, you know that. But as you just said, it’s every man for himself, and that’s why I hate to have to tell you this. . . Sunday night, the Royal Rumble. . . I’m putting the animal down

***BIG POP***

Batista stares at Shawn when. . .

“Promenade” hits and William Regal walks out to the entrance with a microphone in hand

***POP***

William Regal:
Gentleman, before we have ourselves a situation here, I’m protecting the pair of you for later on, because tonight I have something very special planned. . . In just 48 hours, the both of you along with Edge will be competing for the World Championship in a triple threat match, but tonight, as well as having an over the top rope battle royal, along with Edge, you will all be in singles action

***BIG POP***

William Regal:
However, tonight I don’t feel it would be fair for me to pick your opponents. . . So instead, I am going to ask each of you to pick each other’s opponents, or in this case, pick each other’s poison

***BIG POP***

William Regal:
Shawn, your opponent will be chosen by Edge. . . Batista, you will be selecting who will face Edge. . . And that means that Shawn, you will be deciding who Batista will be facing tonight. . . And gentleman, choose wisely

Shawn and Batista look at each other with serious expressions on their faces as “Promenade” hits and Regal leaves to go backstage

***COMMERCIAL BREAK***

***VIDEO PROMO***

We cut backstage to a pre recorded segment with Ric Flair standing in front of a blue curtain

***BIG POP***

Ric Flair:
This Sunday night is the Royal Rumble at the most famous arena of all time. . . Madison Square Garden. . . WOOOO. . .

***BIG POP***

Ric Flair:
And I, “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair will be part of the biggest Royal Rumble match of all time. And it will be the jet flyin, limousine ridin, whealin dealin, kiss stealin son of a gun who will be going to Wrestlemania 24 for a shot at the World Heavyweight Championship. . . WOOOOOOO!!

***MASSIVE POP***

We then cut to see Finlay standing in front of the same curtain

Finlay:
For over twenty years I have fought with everyone put in my way. But in just two days time, I will have 29 other people to beat the crap out of. And I love nothing more than to fight, the more people the better, because no one is going to stop me from getting a shot at the World title. . . No one

***CUT TO THE ARENA***

***MATCH #1***

NUMBER ONE CONTENDERSHIP SERIES
LOSERS ARE ELIMINATED, WINNERS ADVANCE TO DECIDING MATCH NEXT WEEK
Matt Sydal & Johnny Jeter
vs. The Pitbulls
vs. John Morrison & The Miz

ENDING:
Sydal crawls over to his corner as Noble makes his way slowly back up to his feet with Sydal then making the tag as he jumps up and tags in his partner. Johnny Jeter charges in, and as Noble turns round, Jeter jumps up at him and connects with a back elbow smash to the upper chest. Both men then make their way back up to their feet with Jeter reacting first as he stomps Noble in the gut, pulls Noble’s head under his arm and turns to run into the corner, where he runs up them and then plants Noble with a TORNADO DDT. . . . . A huge pop breaks out as Jeter then readjusts his position to make the cover, hooking both of Noble’s leg as the ref counts 1 . . . . 2 . . . . .

Kid Kash makes the save at the last second with a boot to the back of Jeter’s head. Sydal goes ballistic as he rushes through the ropes and runs at Kash, taking him down to the mat with a dropkick with Kash landing against the ropes. As Kash stands back up by the ropes, Sydal is already on his feet and charges at Kash, but The Notorious K.I.D. grabs the top rope and pulls it down with Sydal going over the top to the outside and the arena floor. With John Morrison standing on the apron above Sydal, he sees him getting back up slowly and as Sydal stands up, Morrison jumps off the apron and connects with a DIVING CROSS BODY. . . . . Both men drop to the floor while Noble and Jeter squirm on the mat while The Miz then drops down off the apron and stomps all over Sydal’s body.

The ref is trying to get Kash back on the apron, but then sees the attack on the outside and walks over to the ropes to try and break it up by shouting down at them. Morrison & Miz take no notice as Kash then walks over to Jeter as he and Noble both make their way back up. Kash grabs Jeter by the head and drags it under his arm, then lifts him up in the air for a suplex, but instead plants him with the DEAD LEVEL (BRAIN BUSTER DDT). . . . . Noble smiles at his partner as Kash makes his way back to the apron. Noble then yells at the ref to turn round as he then drops back down to the mat and covers Jeter. The ref runs back across the mat and makes the count 1 . . . . 2 . . . . . 3.

AFTERMATH: “Slam Smack” hits & Noble stands back up with Kash slipping back in the ring to congratulate him. Morrison & Miz look up at The Pitbulls in the ring as they look over and smile, mouthing the words “next week”

***COMMERCIAL BREAK***

William Regal is sitting down at his desk in his office when Edge & Michael Shane walk in, prompting Regal to stand up

***MAJOR HEAT***

William Regal:
Edge, what an unexpected disappointment

Edge: Look Regal, you can hate me all you want, but tonight I’m gonna let it go for one night. See by letting me choose Shawn Michaels’ opponent tonight, you just made me the hot favourite for Sunday night, if I wasn’t already, and I respect that. . . You finally made the right call last week, giving me a one on one shot for my World Championship, and you even did it again by making the triple threat for the Rumble after Batista got in my way last week. . . And just when I think it couldn’t get any better, you go and pull another one out of the hat by making it Pick Your Poison right here tonight. I applaud you Regal

William Regal: Well I am so very happy that I have satisfied you Edge, but there is only one thing I wish to learn from you, and that is who you have chosen to face Shawn Michaels here tonight

Edge: Oh no Regal, I didn’t choose Shawn’s opponent. . . Shawn did

William Regal: I’m sorry, you’ve lost me

Edge: Over to you Mike

Michael Shane: What he means is, Shawn chose his opponent a long time ago. . . He trained me to be the next big superstar after The Heartbreak Kid for months and months back in San Antonio when his back went, trying to help out his own flesh and blood. But do you know what he did? . . . He told me he was going to do everything he could to get me into the WWE, but did he? . . . No, he did what he always does, and that’s lie

***HEAT***

Michael Shane:
He likes to make out he’s changed, but he’s not. He’s the same selfish Shawn Michaels that did everything in his power to make sure he was the only one to get to the top, ignoring his own cousin and not getting me the contract he said he would. . . So when Edge says Shawn chose his opponent tonight, what he means is he chose me

William Regal: Let me get this straight gentleman. . . You’re telling me that you want Shawn Michaels and his cousin to go at it in the middle of the ring tonight here on Smackdown?

***POP***

Edge:
That’s exactly what we’re saying

William Regal: Well I think it’s a bloody great idea gents. . . Now I suggest you get ready because you don’t have long young man. . . Oh and before you leave, can I just say that after what happened last week, I am not going to leave anything to chance

Edge: And that means what?

William Regal: That means that in both your matches tonight, you will be barred from ringside during each other’s matches. . . However, if I see one of you making an attempt to help the other, then I will strip Edge of his title shot this Sunday

***BIG POP***

Edge:
You know what Regal? I don’t care, nothing is stopping me from walking out victorious tonight and this Sunday

Edge & Shane smile as they turn round and leave the room

***CUT TO THE ARENA***

“Superstar Fallin” hits & a casually dressed Kenny Dykstra walks down to the ring with the Cruiserweight Championship over his shoulder looking very focused

***HEAT***

Kenny Dykstra:
Have you ever thought of keeping your mouths shut? . . . I have something very, very important to say and I can’t do it until you ignorant New Yorker’s shut the hell up

***MAJOR HEAT***

Kenny Dykstra:
If it wasn’t for me, you wouldn’t even be here tonight, so shut your stinkin mouths and listen to what your 2008 Royal Rumble winner has to say

***HEAT***

Kenny Dykstra:
Last week I booked my place in the Royal Rumble, and I came here tonight to make Chavo Guerrero an offer he can’t refuse. . . So Chavo, get yourself down here right now and we can talk business. . . Don’t worry Chavo, there’s nothing for you to worry abo. . .

“Chavo Ardiente” plays and Chavo Guerrero walks down to the ring in his ring gear

***POP***

Kenny Dykstra:
Look. . . we’ve both got ourselves a difficult situation here Chavo. . . Since we both qualified for the Rumble last week, it means we’ve both got to wrestle twice Sunday night. . . Now I know I’m more than capable of pulling out two victories. . . but Chavo, I think we both know you’re a few too many years past being able to cope with wrestling twice in one night right?

***HEAT***

Kenny Dykstra:
So I thought to myself, what can I do to help Chavo out, you know being the nice guy that I am? And then it hit me. . . Just like everyone else in the Rumble, we want the chance to headline Wrestlemania, and if you want to do that Chavo, you’re only chance of doing that is by forgetting all about our match and to put all your energy into the Rumble. . . So what do you say Chavo? You gonna do the right thing for yourself?

Chavo takes the microphone off of Kenny

Chavo Guerrero: That’s a real nice try Kenny, real nice. . . But not nice enough

***POP***

Chavo Guerrero:
Whether you like it or not, I am going to face you this Sunday, and I will take your Cruiserweight Championship as well as be in the Royal Rumble

***POP***

Chavo Guerrero:
I’m not a coward like you, I’m a Guerrero. And let me tell you what that means. . . It means we fight for pride, tradition and respect for our family name. And it will be for those reasons that I beat you and take that title Sunday night

***BIG POP***

Chavo Guerrero:
I’m sorry if that ruins your easy night Kenny, but I’ve been looking forward for a long time to get my hands on you one on one and take that title away from that huge ego you’ve got going on inside that big head of yours

***POP***

Kenny Dykstra:
You want it that way? Fine, but that’s not the end of it. . . You wanna prove you’re a fighter huh Chavo? Well I got a proposition for ya. . . How about you take on a friend of mine right here right now and prove to everyone that you’re not just all talk?

Chavo nods at Kenny and mouths “bring it on”

Kenny Dykstra: Wow, I’m impressed. But let’s wait until the match is done before I make my final judgment. . . Chavo, let me introduce you to your opponent for the evening. . . Charlie Haas

Charlie Haas makes his way down to the ring as his music hits, being accompanied by Chris Masters

***HEAT***

***MATCH #2***

Chavo Guerrero
vs. Charlie Haas w/Chris Masters

ENDING:
Chavo and Haas slug it out in the middle of the ring with Chavo edging into control, hitting Haas with a European uppercut. Thinking he is in control, he grabs Haas by the arm and goes for an irish whip, but it’s reversed as Haas whips Chavo into the ropes. And as Chavo comes back off the ropes, Haas walks out to meet him, stomps him in the gut and plants him straight away with a NORTHERN LIGHTS SUPLEX. . . . . Holding on for the cover, the ref counts Chavo’s shoulders 1 . . . . 2 . . . . . Haas looks a little stunned as he sits back up and looks at the referee. After a couple of seconds pause, Haas gets back up and reaches down to pull Chavo to his feet, then slips behind and grabs him around the waist for a german suplex.

Chavo though is able to block it as he shifts his foot behind Haas’s and then slips behind Haas, then plants him with a side suplex. The crowd cheer that, and both men make their way back up to their feet with Chavo stomping Haas in the gut and then pulls Haas’s head under his arm and plants him with a suplex. Chavo keeps hold of Haas’s trunks and then rolls his hips as he goes for a second suplex, connecting to a big pop from the crowd. As Chavo is getting ready for the third suplex, the camera cuts to Dykstra looking pissed at the announce table, watching on as Chavo connects to wrap up the THREE AMIGO’S. . . . .

Chavo stands back up to a big pop from the crowd as Masters looks worried on the outside and Dykstra just stares at Chavo. With Haas not moving, Chavo looks to finish the match off as he walks over to the corner closest to the announce table and then climbs to the top rope, going for the FROG SPLASH. . . . . Just as he gets up top, Dykstra stands up at the announce table and throws down his headset. Chavo sees it and glares over as Dykstra then walks out towards the ring and bad mouths Chavo, who then jumps down off the top rope to the apron and then to the floor as he starts nailing Dykstra with right hands, but gets some back from the Cruiserweight Champion, causing the referee to call for the bell.

AFTERMATH: The bell rings frantically as Chavo and Kenny pummel each other on the outside. Chavo gets the upper hand and then whips Dykstra into the steel steps with Kenny hitting back first and dropping to his ass. Chavo walks over and stomps him across the chest continuously until a group of referees and officials run down the aisle and block Chavo off, pushing him back away from Kenny as “Chavo Ardiente” hits to a pop from the crowd. Chavo then walks round the ring to the ramp and turns round as Dykstra is helped up to his feet by the officials on the other side of the ring. They both stare at each other with Dykstra looking pissed as hell and yelling towards Chavo, who just smiles back

***COMMERCIAL BREAK***

John Morrison & The Miz are in the corridor, both smiling

***HEAT***

The Miz:
I can’t believe those rednecks got the big W tonight man, they’re so gonna get theirs next week

John Morrison: Look, it’s not a problem. We’re in the final two. We have a chance at becoming the next WWE Tag Team Champions, and that’s all that matters. . . We didn’t have to win tonight, all that matters is we are where we needed to be, in the final match of the series

The Miz: Yeah you’re right John, we’ll prove we’re the better team. I mean, do they really think they can hang with us?

The camera zooms out to show The Pitbulls standing behind them

***HEAT***

Kid Kash:
You really want an answer big shot?

Miz & Morrison turn round and look shocked to see them

John Morrison: We all know the answer. We are far superior than you and any team on Smackdown. . . And if you don’t believe in us, then next week we will prove it to you

Jamie Noble: You think so boy? I guess we’ll soon see about that

John Morrison: I guess we will

The Pitbulls try and stare out Miz & Morrison before backing up the corridor with their opponents for next week staring at them still

***CUT ACROSS THE BACK***

Batista is lacing up his boots in his locker room when Shawn Michaels walks in, with Batista then standing up

**BIG *POP***

Shawn Michaels:
Dave, I’m not here to start anything, I’m here out of courtesy and respect for you. . . I thought since it’s my job to pick your opponent tonight, I would come here and tell you face to face, man to man, friend to friend who I’ve chose to be your opponent tonight. . . And Dave it’s nothing personal, I’m just doing what I’ve been asked to do

Batista: Shawn, I get all that and since you’ve come here, I think it’s only right between friends as you put it, that I’ve chosen Edge’s opponent tonight. . . to be Ric Flair

***MASSIVE POP***

Shawn Michaels: That's a great choice Dave

Batista: Now you gonna tell me who you chose?

Shawn Michaels: Naturally, but with respect Dave, I was about to when you interrupted me

Batista: Well maybe you can tell me now

Shawn Michaels: Well Dave, it’s like I said, it’s nothing personal. . . Your opponent tonight. . . is Umaga. . .

***HEAT***

Shawn Michaels:
We good big man?

Batista: Yeah we’re good. But let me tell you something since this is the last time we’ll see each other before Sunday. . . At the Royal Rumble, that World title of yours is coming home to The Animal

***HEAT***

Shawn Michaels:
Dave, I wish you nothing but good luck tonight. . . But Sunday, you’ll need more than luck. . . You’ll need a miracle

***POP***

HBK walks out with a small grin and Batista remains serious and stares at Shawn as he leaves

***COMMERCIAL BREAK***

***VIDEO PROMO***
We see video clips of every Royal Rumble winner, split seconds of each one and it ends in a graphic of Madison Square Garden, then the brawl between John Cena and Randy Orton last week before the end of Smackdown last Friday with Edge, Batista and Shawn Michaels.

NARRATOR: For over twenty years, one of sports entertainment’s most landmark events has captivated the hearts of millions across the world, but in 2008, this most prestigious of events will return to the heart of the United States of America. . . New York City. . . The Royal Rumble, this Sunday, live only on pay-per-view

***VIDEO PROMO***

We cut backstage to a pre recorded segment with Chris Harris standing in front of a blue curtain

***POP***

Chris Harris:
For the first time in my career, I get to be part of the Royal Rumble match in my first ever WWE pay per view. My first ever pay per view, and it’s at Madison Square Garden. . . It doesn’t get better than that. . . This it’s what it’s all about and that’s why I came here. . . I have made a promise to myself that I am not going to disappoint myself, because I came here for a reason, and that is to be part of the biggest spectacle in this business. . . Wrestlemania

***POP***

Chris Harris:
And this Sunday, I will do everything within my power to get there and into the main event. . . If that means surviving 29 other men, then that’s what I’ll do

***POP***

We then cut to see Shelton Benjamin standing in front of the same blue curtain

***HEAT***

Shelton Benjamin:
For years, you’ve seen the greatest pure talent in the history of this business get held back. . . but not anymore. . . When you all sit down and watch the Royal Rumble Sunday night, you’re going to see the most deserving superstar overcome the challenge of 29 other superstars to walk out victorious and earn the shot that I deserve more than anyone else. . . When Sunday night is all done, you will hear the winner of the Royal Rumble announced as none other than the gold standard that is Shelton Benjamin

***HEAT***

***CUT TO THE ARENA***

***MATCH #3***

PICK YOUR POISON
Shawn Michaels
vs. Michael Shane

ENDING:
Michaels pulls Shane up to his feet and whips him into the ropes, and as Shane comes back off the ropes, Michaels ducks his head with Shane coming back and kicking Michaels in the head. Michaels’ head snaps right back up as Shane then stomps Michaels in the gut and then hooks Michaels’ leg for a LEG HOOK DDT. . . . . The crowd are nervous as Shane then turns over frantically on the mat, turns Michaels onto his back and hooks his leg 1 . . . . . 2 . . . . . Michaels gets his shoulder up, leaving Shane shocked. He holds his head in his hands as he sits up and looks at the referee. Shane then sees Michaels starting to sit up, so he then stands back up on his feet and walks over to the corner where he starts to tune up the band, getting a lot of heat from the crowd.

With Michaels getting back up to his feet, Shane looks to explode as he then moves out of the corner towards Michaels, going for the super kick. Michaels turns round and ducks his head just in time. Shane turns round into a whip to the corner from Michaels. HBK takes a second before running into the corner, but Shane lifts his foot up into his cousin’s face, knocking Michaels back. Shane then pulls himself up to the second rope, and then jumps off for an axe handle, but Michaels stomps him in the gut before his feet touch the mat. Michaels then lifts Shane up by the waist and hits him with an inverted atomic drop.
Shane jumps up and down, holding his mid section as Michaels then turns back to run into the ropes, comes back and hits him with a FLYING FOREARM SMASH. . . . .

The crowd cheer like crazy as Michaels then flips up and walks over to the corner where he climbs to the top rope. With the crowd on their feet, Michaels leaps off and connects with the DIVING ELBOW DROP. . . . . Huge cheers meet it as Michaels then stands back up and walks over to the corner where he tunes up the band with the crowd clapping and stomping there feet in tandem. Shane slowly makes his way back up to a vertical base as Michaels then makes his way across the mat and takes Shane’s head off with some SWEET CHIN MUSIC. . . . . A huge pop echoes around the arena as Michaels drops to the mat and covers his cousin 1 . . . . . 2 . . . . . 3.

AFTERMATH: “Sexy Boy” blasts out as Shawn stands back up and gets his arm raised by the referee. He poses for the crowd as he stands on the ropes with his World title

***CUT BACKSTAGE***

Josh Matthews is standing by

Josh Matthews:
Please welcome my guest at this time. . . Armando Alejandro Estrada and Umaga. . .

Estrada and Umaga walk into the shot, both looking fairly relaxed

***HEAT***

Josh Matthews:
Armando, last week Umaga picked up arguably his biggest victory of his career when he beat The Undertaker in a First Blood match last week, albeit controversially

Armando Alejandro Estrada: Controversially Josh? I don’t think so. . . Umaga beat Thee Un-der-tak-er how you say, fair and square. . . Thee dead man was bleeding and thee referee saw the blood pouring from his head. What is controversial about dat?

Josh Matthews: Well it was clear to everyone watching that The Undertaker made Umaga bleed first while the referee was out cold

Armando Alejandro Estrada: Josh, I don’t see how dat is Umaga’s fault. He made Thee Un-der-tak-er bleed, and dat is all dat mat-ers. . . And just like he beat Thee Un-der-tak-er last week, Thee Samoan Bulldozer will beat Batista tonight

***HEAT***

Armando Alejandro Estrada: But Josh dat is not all, because this Sunday, for thee first time in his-torrie, Umaga will be a part of the Royal Rumble. And not only will he a part of the Royal Rumble, he will prove what he did last week. . . dat he can beat anyone. . . Thee Un-der-tak-er, Batista, and this Sunday, he will beat twenty nine other su-per-stars to go to Wrestlemania and become the next World Heavyweight Champion

***HEAT***

Estrada and Umaga then look into the camera with Umaga looking intense before leaving

***COMMERCIAL BREAK***

***VIDEO PROMO***

We cut backstage to a pre recorded segment with MVP standing in front of a blue curtain

***TONS OF HEAT***

MVP:
You can guarantee tonight that you’re gonna get superstar after superstar tell you just how much they’re happy to be in the Royal Rumble match this Sunday. But the fact of the matter is they all know their fate. . . They all know just what’s gonna do down this Sunday night at Madison Square Garden. . . They all know that the main event of Wrestlemania is set in stone. . . It doesn’t matter how many people are gonna be in the Royal Rumble this year. . . It could be 29, 39 or 309, because nothing, and I mean nothing is gonna stop the franchise player, MVP walking out of MSG as the winner of the 2008 Royal Rumble, because I am better than every single one of you

***HEAT***

We then cut to see Matt Hardy standing in front of the same blue curtain

***BIG POP***

Matt Hardy:
Four weeks ago at Saturday Night’s Main Event I became the United States Champion. And four weeks later I stand here with another opportunity that I intend to take. . . I proved to myself that I can beat the odds, and that’s what I’ll be trying my best to do yet again this Sunday night at the Royal Rumble when I prove that Matt Hardy will not die

***POP***

***CUT TO THE ARENA***

***MATCH #4***

PICK YOUR POISON
Ric Flair
vs. Edge

ENDING:
Flair and Edge both get back to their feet, and it’s Flair who fights first with a series of chops to the chest of The Rated R Superstar. He then grabs Edge by the wrist and tries for an irish whip, but it’s reversed, and as Flair comes back off the ropes, Edge lifts his boot up and drives it right into the face of The Nature Boy, who just slumps down to the mat. Edge drops to his knees and hooks the leg for a cover 1 . . . . . 2 . . . . . Flair lifts his shoulder off the mat in time to stop the count as Edge sits back up looking frustrated. He then gets back up to his feet and walks over to the corner where he climbs up to the top rope as Flair makes his way back up. The moment Flair stands up, Edge jumps off the top for a MISSILE DROPKICK. . . . . Flair though is able to dodge it as Edge lands on the mat.

Flair turns round straight away, and looking to take the initiative, he walks over to Edge’s legs and then locks in the FIGURE FOUR LEG LOCK. . . . . The crowd goes mental with a big pop ringing out as Flair is able to get all of it with Edge screaming out in pain. He raises both arms off the mat and tries to fight the hold with Flair turning up the pressure on the hold as Edge gives it everything he can to escape the hold. He desperately tries to pull himself back towards the ropes, and slowly he is able to drag himself back while Flair tries to stop him, but he can’t as Edge pulls himself closer and closer before being able to just reach back and grab the bottom rope. It’s met with a lot of boos from the crowd as Flair is then forced to let go of the hold at the count of four.

As Naitch gets back up to his feet, he stands over Edge by the ropes, but the referee tells him to back up away, which he reluctantly does. Edge then uses the ropes to help him stand back up with Flair walking straight back over, but into a hard right hand from Edge, knocking him back a few steps as Edge then walks out, stomps him in the gut and plants him with the EDGECUTION. . . . . As both men hit the mat, Edge turns over and hooks both of Flair’s legs 1 . . . . . 2 . . . . . Kick out from The Nature Boy! Edge can’t believe it as he stares back up at the referee in disbelief. As Flair starts to come round, Edge’s eyes turn back to him and he gets a real sadistic look on his face. He pulls himself back up and walks into the corner as Flair sits up, unaware Edge is stalking him for a SPEAR. . . . .

The crowd start to boo Edge as Flair lifts himself back up, and turns round with Edge then charging at him. As Edge gets closer, Flair steps to the side at the last second as Edge is able to put the brakes on and stops dead in the middle of the ring. But as he turns back round, Flair is able to roll him into a SMALL PACKAGE. . . . . 1 . . . . . 2 . . . . . Kick out from Edge as both men then get back up to their feet with Flair going for a scoop slam, but Edge is able to drop down to his feet and slips behind Flair. He then clubs him across the back twice, knocking Flair down to his knees for a couple of seconds. As Flair gets back up, Edge runs forward into the ropes, comes back and nails Flair with a SPEAR. . . . . The crowd boo nervously as Edge then hooks both legs for the cover 1 . . . . . 2 . . . . . 3.

AFTERMATH: “Metalingus” blasts out as Edge gets back on his feet and has his arm raised by the referee. He then walks over to the ropes and demands a microphone. He is passed it and walks over to Flair as he lays on the mat and his music stops

Edge: You people need to shut up and listen to what I have to say because there is no way round what is gonna happen this Sunday at the Royal Rumble. . . I just beat the greatest of all time and I guarantee that once this Sunday is done, I will be walking out with the same damn title that this fallen over the hill legend held so many times. . . I will take my rightful place at the top of this damn company, and there’s not a damn thing Batista or even Shawn Michaels can do about it

“Metalingus” plays again as Edge drops the mic and leaves the ring, still looking very serious to a lot of heat

***COMMERCIAL BREAK***

***MATCH #5***

OVER THE TOP ROPE BATTLE ROYAL
FEATURING
The Undertaker, MVP, Matt Hardy, Finlay, Chris Harris,
Shelton Benjamin, Chris Masters, Harry Smith & Paul Burchill

SUMMARY:
The match started off with all the usual chaos of a battle royal with all the faces and heels beating the hell out of each other. The first elimination came when Harry Smith and Paul Burchill double teamed Shelton Benjamin and had him against the ropes. Just as it looked like Shelton was about to be pushed over the top, he was able to hold on and kicked out at Smith, knocking him back. He then was able to grab Burchill’s head with his legs and took him over the top with head a scissors takedown. As Shelton stood back on the apron, Smith charged back at him, but Shelton was able to drive his head between the middle and top ropes into Smith’s gut. Then, from behind, MVP walked over, grabbed Smith’s trunks and neck, then tossed him over the top to the outside.

Shelton laughed as he saw Smith hit the floor too, but then his face turned as Matt Hardy approached MVP from behind. Matt spun MVP round and planted him with a side effect. As Matt got back up, Shelton spring boarded off the top rope and hit him with a SPRINGBOARD CLOTHESLINE. . . . . On the other side of the ring, Finlay and Chris Masters tried double teaming The Undertaker after Masters took Harris down with a full nelson slam. Finlay and Masters pounded Taker in the corner with vicious kicks to the gut before trying to lift him over the top rope, but Taker fought it, driving his boot into Masters’ face and his elbow into Finlay’s. He was then able to stand back up, grabbing Masters by the throat, he tossed him over the top rope with a chokeslam. But as Taker turned round, Finlay recovered and hit him with a low blow, getting a lot of heat.

Finlay got a sick smile on his face, but as he turned round by the ropes, Harris was back on his feet and took him over the top rope with a SUPER KICK. . . . . Down to 5, The Undertaker, Chris Harris, Matt Hardy, MVP & Shelton Benjamin. Harris then saw Shelton stomping all over Matt on the other side of the ring. After a number of exchanges, Harris was able to reverse an irish whip and then planted Shelton with the HARRI-STORM (CATATONIC). . . . . The impact took Shelton across the mat as he rolled towards the ropes. As he slowly stood up by the ropes, Harris then charged at him and clotheslined him over the top rope to the outside, leaving four men left. But as Harris looked down at Shelton for a split second, MVP was back up and charged at Harris as he turned by the ropes, then drove his boot into the face, eliminating him with the PLAYA’S BOOT. . . . .

Both The Undertaker and Matt Hardy made their way back up to their feet as MVP turned round and his smile turned into fear. With Matt and Taker staring right at him, MVP took the cowards way out and slipped under the bottom rope and threw his arms in the air before making out he was done. He walked towards the ramp as Matt and Taker then went at it with MVP watching on from the bottom of the ramp. Matt gave it a good fight but as he went for the side effect, Taker brushed him aside with an elbow shot to the head before pushing him into the ropes and then planting him with a big boot that took Matt down to the canvas. He staggered up to his feet by the ropes before Taker then sent him over the top as he ran over and took him over with a clothesline.

Seeing that, MVP charged back in the ring behind Taker and clubbed him across the back, then tried to force him over the top rope. It looked pretty close as Taker was holding on by the ropes with his legs wrapped around them. He was though able to rake MVP in the eyes, sending him spinning away from the ropes as he holds his face, giving Taker the time to get back on his feet. And as he walked out into the centre of the ring, MVP turned round into him and a CHOKESLAM ATTEMPT. . . . . MVP though was able to react quickly enough to kick Taker in the groin, with the dead man being knocked back as he then staggered towards the ropes. MVP then looked to take advantage by charging at him, but Taker recovered in time to lift him over his shoulder to eliminate MVP and win the Battle Royal.

AFTERMATH: “Deadman’s Symphony” hits as the all the lights go out, but then the music stops and. . .

***VIDEO PROMO***
“Burned” plays

The Undertaker looks up at the titan tron in confusion as the music continues to play

***CUT BACKSTAGE***

Lena Yada is standing by

Lena Yada:
Joining me at this time is one of the two superstars who will challenge Shawn Michaels for the World Heavyweight Championship at the Royal Rumble this Sunday. . . Please welcome. . . Edge

A very happy looking Edge walks into the shot to a lot of heat

Lena Yada:
Edge, you picked up a big win tonight against Ric Flair, one of the thirty men who will be part of the Royal Rumble match. . . Who do you think will win the Royal Rumble match this Sunday?

Edge looks angrily towards Lena

Edge: Lena, do you think I give any ounce of crap about who wins the Royal Rumble? . . . In fact, I’ve had just about enough that I can take tonight of everyone going on about the damn Royal Rumble match. . . You want a headline Lena? Well I got one for ya. . . The Rated R Superstar doesn’t give a rat’s ass who wins the damn Royal Rumble, because the only thing that will have any kind of significance this Sunday is that I will take back my World Heavyweight Championship

***HEAT***

Edge:
I proved tonight I can beat the man and that I am capable of being the man. . . Shawn Michaels and Batista aren’t even in the same league as me Lena, they couldn’t even dream of being in my league. There’s not a damn thing either one of them can do to stop the inevitable this Sunday, and that is, that I will take back what is mine and once again become the World Heavyweight Champion

***HEAT***

Edge looks dead serious as he stares right into the camera

***COMMERCIAL BREAK***

***VIDEO PROMO***

Michael Cole & The Coach run down the Royal Rumble card

Michael Cole: The Royal Rumble comes to you live in less than 48 hours, this Sunday from Madison Square Garden in New York City. And what a show it promises to be

Michael Cole: From our colleagues on Raw, we will see the return of John Cena when he aims to win back the WWE Championship from “The Legend Killer” Randy Orton in a Tables, Ladders and Chairs match

The Coach: Michael, I know both these superstars very well, and I can guarantee that they will give absolutely everything they have to make sure they leave as the WWE Champion. . . Neither John Cena or Randy Orton knows the meaning of the word lose, but one of them will do by the end of the night

Michael Cole: However Coach, that’s not the only title match we’re going to see from Raw, as Jeff Hardy puts his Intercontinental Championship on the line against the incredibly focused CM Punk in what could just be the most personal match of the night

The Coach: After what happened on Raw Monday night Michael, I’m not sure either Jeff or Punk will be one hundred percent. . . If that’s the case, we just don’t know which way this match is going to go

Michael Cole: And here’s what Smackdown has to offer you folks, starting with the Cruiserweight Championship match that sees Chavo Guerrero challenge the highly confident champion, Kenny Dykstra

The Coach: Michael, Kenny has every right to be confident, he is without a shadow of a doubt, the brightest young talent in this company right now by a million miles, and you can bet your house on him beating Chavo Guerrero this Sunday at the Royal Rumble

Michael Cole: Well Coach, I wouldn’t be so sure. But since you’re a betting man, who do you give the edge in this one? . . . Shawn Michaels defends his World Heavyweight Championship against both Batista and Edge

The Coach: You said it yourself Michael, only one man has the edge in this one, and that’s The Rated R Superstar himself. . . He’s got it all Michael, and this Sunday, I don’t see anything other than Edge taking back the World Heavyweight title

Michael Cole: And of course Coach, this is what it all comes down to. . . thirty men, one match, and only one man can walk out with the dream match at Wrestlemania

The Coach: Michael I’m gonna shock the world by making the prediction right now that it will be a Smackdown superstar who wins the Royal Rumble. . . You’ve got The Undertaker, MVP, Umaga, Ric Flair, Matt Hardy, Finlay and many more. . . And for my money Michael, it’s got to be on Umaga

***CUT TO THE ARENA***

***THE MAIN EVENT***

PICK YOUR POISON
Batista
vs. Umaga w/Armando Alejandro Estrada

ENDING:
Batista is dragged back up to his feet by Umaga, but The Animal shocks him by hitting him with a right hand to the chest, and as he stands up fully, Batista smashes his fist into the skull of Umaga. He then grabs Umaga by the arm and tries for an irish whip, but The Samoan Bulldozer is able to reverse the whip. Just as Batista comes back off the ropes, he ducks underneath an outstretched arm of Umaga, runs through into the ropes, runs back and knocks Umaga off balance with a diving shoulder block. With Umaga looking shaky on his feet, Batista then turns back into the ropes, runs back off and nails him with a SPEAR. . . . . A huge pop rings out as Batista reaches across and hooks Umaga’s legs for a cover 1 . . . . . 2 . . . . .

The Samoan Savage is able to kick out, leaving the crowd angry, but The Animal reacts well by picking himself back up to his feet and looks to be stalking Umaga for a spinebuster or Batista Bomb. Sensing the danger, Armando Estrada rushes up to stand on the apron, distracting The Animal, who then walks over towards him as Umaga makes his way back up behind Batista. Just as The Animal gets closer to the apron, Estrada slips back down again, leaving Batista angry as he glares at Estrada for a couple of seconds before then turning round and walking into a monstrous SAMOAN DROP. . . . . The ring shook from that one with the crowd booing loudly. Umaga reaches back and lifts Batista’s leg for a pin attempt 1 . . . . . 2 . . . . . Kick out from The Animal, getting a big pop from the crowd.

Batista is barely moving on the mat as Umaga stands back up, looks down at him and then drags him by the arm to the corner, where he sits him up against the bottom rope. He then backs up into the opposite corner to a lot of heat from the fans. He takes a couple of seconds before charging back towards the opposite corner and The Animal going for the SAMOAN WRECKING BALL. . . . . Just as he’s about to smash his ass into Batista, The Animal is able to crawl out of the corner with Umaga hitting the corner pads back first. Batista picks himself up with the aid of the ropes and then walks towards the centre of the ring as Umaga then staggers out of the corner and into a SPINEBUSTER FROM BATISTA. . . . . The crowd explodes as Batista then follows up as he tries for a cover 1 . . . . . 2 . . . . . NO!! . . . . . SO CLOSE! . . . . . Umaga got his shoulder up in time, but The Animal isn’t giving up.

He stands right back up and walks over to the ropes where he shakes the ropes in a frenzy with the crowd cheering like mad. Estrada walks across, and just as Batista turns round, Estrada grabs his foot. Batista turns round and looks pissed at Estrada with Micky Henson walking over. Estrada lets go of the foot as Henson yells down at him, and as Batista then backs away from the ropes, he then turns round into a SPEAR FROM EDGE. . . . . The Rated R Superstar must have come through the crowd. Edge just looks down and smirks as Umaga gets back up with Estrada still being warned by Henson. As Edge then slides under the bottom rope to the outside as Henson then turns round to see Umaga back on his feet. From the outside, Estrada points at the top rope to Umaga, who then walks over to the corner and climbs to the top rope. With Batista motionless, Umaga then leaps off, connecting with a DIVING SPLASH. . . . .The crowd boo like crazy as Umaga stays on top of Batista as Henson counts the fall 1 . . . . . 2 . . . . . 3.

AFTERMATH: Edge stares down and smiles at Batista’s fallen body with his back to the aisle as Shawn Michaels charges down, slides in behind him, spins him round and hits him with hard right hands. He grabs Edge by the arm and whips him towards the ropes, but as Edge gets closer, he reaches out and grabs the top rope, then slips underneath the bottom rope with Michaels about to go for the super kick. Edge looks back in the ring intensely at Michaels, who stares back as Batista gets to his knees and looks round as all three gaze round at each other as Smackdown goes off the air

***END OF SHOW***

QUICK RESULTS

Johnny Jeter & Matt Sydal were eliminated from the Contendership Series
Chavo Guerrero df.
Charlie Haas
Shawn Michaels df. Michael Shane
Edge df. Ric Flair
The Undertaker won the Battle Royal
Umaga df.
Batista

DARK MATCHES
Vladimir Kozlov df. Colt Cabana
Ted DiBiase Jr & Mike DiBiase df. Afa Jr & Sonny Siaki

CONFIRMED FOR THE ROYAL RUMBLE

WWE Championship
TLC Match
John Cena
vs. Randy Orton (c)

World Heavyweight Championship
Shawn Michaels (c)
vs. Batista
vs. Edge

Intercontinental Championship
Jeff Hardy (c)
vs. CM Punk

Cruiserweight Championship
Chavo Guerrero
vs. Kenny Dykstra (c)

Royal Rumble Match
Participants
Paul Burchill, Harry Smith, Finlay, Rey Mysterio, Bobby Lashley, Kofi Kingston, Carlito, CM Punk, Jeff Hardy, The Undertaker, Umaga, Matt Hardy, Ric Flair, Chris Harris, MVP, Shelton Benjamin, Cody Rhodes, Mr. Kennedy, Elijah Burke, Triple H, Shane McMahon, JBL, Chris Jericho, Chris Masters, Chavo Guerrero, Kenny Dykstra, Santino Marella & Ron Killings

Last edited by Nige™ : 05-22-2008 at 03:52 PM.
Nige™ is offline   Reply With Quote