Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Rate & Mini-Summarize the Last Movie You Saw
View Single Post
post #568 of (permalink) Old 03-02-2008, 03:55 AM
- Styles -
Bub owns you!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: Rate & Mini-Summarize the Last Movie You Saw

The Woodsman (2004)

A convicted sex offender gets released from prison after 12 years, haunted by his past demons, Walter (Kevin Bacon) tries to build a new life for himself.

Very few films tackle this incredibly controversial subject, and even less tackle from the perspective of the child molester himself. Without a doubt this movie is unsettling, thought provoking, intense, and incredibly powerful. Kevin Bacon gives BY FAR the best performance of his career, how he didn't get nominated for an Oscar that year is beyond me. Also great supporting roles by Kyra Sedgwick and Mos Def. A solid script with great dialog and a truly enriching deep character study. Slow at times but never ever boring. However you feel about the subject matter,(I hate pedos with a passion) it doesn't hurt my appreciation for what a great film this was. After it's done, the viewer must ask questions of himself/herself, which is usually a good sign of a very well made compelling movie. I think the tagline says it all: What's the worst thing you ever did?

8.5/10

HJ 08 LMS - Angle vs Aj - Part 1 Part 2
Mcmg vs Speed Muscle - Here
AAO 2005 Aj vs Daniels - Part 1 Part 2

Last edited by - Styles -; 05-13-2008 at 12:54 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome