Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Rate & Mini-Summarize the Last Movie You Saw

View Single Post

Old 03-02-2008, 12:08 AM   #566 (permalink)
GreatMovieCritic
Main Eventing Gyms

GreatMovieCritic needs to take rep more seriousGreatMovieCritic needs to take rep more seriousGreatMovieCritic needs to take rep more seriousGreatMovieCritic needs to take rep more seriousGreatMovieCritic needs to take rep more seriousGreatMovieCritic needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: Rate & Mini-Summarize the Last Movie You Saw

Zodiac by David Fincher 6 out 10

Great director Fincher tries his hand at directing Zodiac. Fincher is a great director who directed "Seven", "Fight Club", and "Panic Room".

The problem with Zodiac isn't the authenticity (it's based on Graysmith's books who did a lot of research on Zodiac).

The problem with Zodiac is the execution, it's way, way too long at over 158 minutes (about 2 hrs and 28 minutes. Wow), the characters are VERY flat and sometimes annoying. The performances were average to good but there's no real reason to be interested in the characters as there's not much depth to them. Jake Gyllenhaal plays Graysmith as a wooden boyscout almost throughout the whole movie. Robert Downey Jr. as alcoholic, deadbeat, San Francisco Chronicle loser reporter Paul Avery while funny at times is also dreadfully one dimensional. The cops investigating the Zodiac look like freaking idiots pursuing every and I mean every lead possible. I don't know if that was Fincher's intention but a lot of the characters by the end minus the Zodiac himself look like idiots. I don't know it could have been done much more differently. Some of this is of course true, in the real life case the cops had the opportunity to stop somebody who looked the Zodiac but didn't.

I also didn't like the fact that the victims were somehow made to look fools for the Zodiac. People bitch that it didn't get any Oscar nominations but in retrospect I'am kinda glad it didn't as it could have been better.

Best line in the movie:

"I look forward to the day when police officers are no longer referred to as pigs"
GreatMovieCritic is offline   Reply With Quote