Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Rate & Mini-Summarize the Last Movie You Saw

View Single Post

Old 02-26-2008, 06:37 PM   #535 (permalink)
- Styles -
Bub owns you!

- Styles - is making a name for themselves- Styles - is making a name for themselves- Styles - is making a name for themselves- Styles - is making a name for themselves- Styles - is making a name for themselves- Styles - is making a name for themselves- Styles - is making a name for themselves- Styles - is making a name for themselves- Styles - is making a name for themselves- Styles - is making a name for themselves- Styles - is making a name for themselves
Default Re: Rate & Mini-Summarize the Last Movie You Saw

Fido (2006)

Set in suburbia in the 1950's. After mysterious space dust hits earth, anyone who dies turns into a Zombie. After the Zombie wars (lol), A huge corporation, ZOMCOM, with the help of some new invention have found a way to domestic them and make the Zombies valuable assets to society.

Firstly I'll say Shaun of the Dead is one of my favorite comedies of all time, and while this one is very different and doesn't offer quite as many laugh out loud moments, It's certainly ranks at least near SOTD in quality entertainment. The heart of the story is the relationship that "Fido" (Billy Connolly) forms with the little boy Timmy and the mother played wonderfully by Carrie-Ann Moss. In fact is has very solid acting all-around, a very appropriate soundtrack, and the movie also features very beautifully lush and colorful surroundings. A quirky, fun, sometimes gory, always funny, satirical poke at society and zombie movies in general. Fido often reminded me of "Bub" from Day of the Dead and I think this is sort of a homage to him, mixed in with the classic Lassie tales of the past if you can believe it, and retro 50's style sci-fi films. I don't think you have to be a Zombie fan to enjoy this one, but it certainly helps

8/10

HJ 08 LMS - Angle vs Aj - Part 1 Part 2
Mcmg vs Speed Muscle - Here
AAO 2005 Aj vs Daniels - Part 1 Part 2
- Styles - is offline   Reply With Quote