Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Rate & Mini-Summarize the Last Movie You Saw

View Single Post

Old 02-24-2008, 06:28 PM   #524 (permalink)
- Styles -
Bub owns you!

- Styles - is making a name for themselves- Styles - is making a name for themselves- Styles - is making a name for themselves- Styles - is making a name for themselves- Styles - is making a name for themselves- Styles - is making a name for themselves- Styles - is making a name for themselves- Styles - is making a name for themselves- Styles - is making a name for themselves- Styles - is making a name for themselves- Styles - is making a name for themselves
Default Re: Rate & Mini-Summarize the Last Movie You Saw

There will be Blood

Directed and written by Paul Anderson (Magnolia) this story revolves around Daniel Plainview, a struggling silver miner, who rises to prominence as a ruthless oil prospector.

FINALLY I saw this movie and I wasn't disappointed one bit. The acting is solid by the cast especially Paul Dano who was superb as the leader of the church. But without question this movie IS Daniel Day Lewis, he commands each and every scene he's in. A truly incredible performance worthy of the Oscar. I didn't think I would see a better performance than Emile Hirsch from Into the Wild who was snubbed big time, but DDL certainly does top it in every way. The cinematography was excellent, the dialogs amazing, and I believe the strongest part of the film. With all that said, this wasn't a perfect film by any means, the main downside I believe was the soundtrack which sounded so out of place and downright annoying in parts, I know they were trying to make something innovative that flowed with the scenes but I don't think it worked well. Aside from that minor flaw, this movie says alot about the nature of humanity, his inherent selfishness, his strive for wealth, and his desire to kill God. All remarkably poignant and well delivered points. Great movie, but I still believe No Country was slightly better and should get the nod tonight.

9/10

HJ 08 LMS - Angle vs Aj - Part 1 Part 2
Mcmg vs Speed Muscle - Here
AAO 2005 Aj vs Daniels - Part 1 Part 2
- Styles - is offline   Reply With Quote