Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Rate & Mini-Summarize the Last Movie You Saw

View Single Post

Old 02-22-2008, 12:43 PM   #503 (permalink)
- Styles -
Bub owns you!

- Styles - - Styles - - Styles - - Styles - - Styles - - Styles - - Styles - - Styles - - Styles - - Styles - - Styles -
Default Re: Rate & Mini-Summarize the Last Movie You Saw

Klass

Joosep is a 16 year old Estonian High school student who get bullied terribly, Kasper one of his classmates, decides to stick up for him one day when no one else would.

This is a very powerful film, not the flashiest production but the realism makes up for it's technical drawbacks. This film will make you relive your high school days, if you were the one bullying, the one getting bullied, or just a spectator who did nothing to help. Everyone remembers that odd kid that didn't talk, didn't fit in, and was just brutalized daily. It's no wonder there's so many school shootings. I lived near Columbine and was in school when the shooting happened, it was just surreal, we all sat in class and watched it on tv, no one said a word for almost the whole time. It was a shaking experience, and everyone had to take an introspective look at themselves after that day. I think this film did an effective job trying to do invoke some of those same feelings, and for the most part I think it accomplished just that. Miles better than Gus Van Sant's Elephant, of the same subject.

8/10

The Proposition

Australia in the 19th century, Captain Stanley propositions the brothers of a notorious gang responsible for some horrible crimes.

Wow what a great western this was, first of all the cinematography is beautiful, the Australian outback as the setting was a sight to see. The acting was solid especially from Ray Winstone and Emily Watson. The dialogs were very good, almost poetic at times, and while a little slow, particularly in the middle, there is enough action and interest in the story to keep you entertained throughout. I actually enjoyed this better than 3:10 to Yuma. While Yuma had slightly better acting and better action sequences, Proposition out does it in almost every other category imo. Not quite as good as NCFOM but still a very well-made gritty and some times brutal morality tale.

9/10

HJ 08 LMS - Angle vs Aj - Part 1 Part 2
Mcmg vs Speed Muscle - Here
AAO 2005 Aj vs Daniels - Part 1 Part 2

Last edited by - Styles - : 02-22-2008 at 04:02 PM.
- Styles - is offline   Reply With Quote