Wrestling Forum banner

The WWE will never change so the onus is now with the wrestlers

872 views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  squeelbitch 
#1 ·
We see now the the WWE has lost its way and is never going to let these guys have free range to be themselves and get organically over.

I'm not a SCSA/CM Punk fanboy but I'm afraid its going to take more wrestlers saying "NO" and having the balls to either refuse to sign with the WWE(which most of them either want or need the money, so I don't fault them for needing to make a living) or to sign with the WWE and either put the squeeze on them at the beginning and say "my way or the highway" OR get in there and just say "fuck it" and be the character they want to be and wrestle the style they want to wrestle.

Eventually a conspiracy of wrestlers in this manner could potentially force change whether its them refusing to sign and having the balls to say "no you are just going to feed me to old guys and Cena" or better yet "NO, your promotion is too kiddie for me"

I am talking about grass-roots change. The WWE is built on its wrestlers. If the real talent would just tell them to go pound sand, the product would either improve or they would be forced into using inferior talent(besides Reigns and Cena that is) and die off anyway.

#8 ·
This. Ratings continue to decline, because people just can't stand that much fun 3 hours straight. Vince let it go a little.

#4 ·
Dont get me wrong, I like a good entertaining gimmick, but the roster is so gimmick heavy right now that besides one or two people, everything is so plastic and scripted that its tough for me to enjoy. I get the feeling these guys arent even really given much free reign with their respective gimmicks besides Wyatt. Let these guys cut their own promos and wrestle their own style. The natural talents will rise to the surface and the offal will sink.

#7 ·
You're right OP, they won't change.... until they lose money. The wrestlers could do something about it but they watched firsthand what happened to the last guy that tried that we know of (Punk). That turned into a hot mess. Imo, those guys are stuck between a rock and a hard place.

In the meantime, if you aren't liking what WWE is putting out, go give LU a try. There's still time to catch up before season 2 comes out. The only thing we can do as fans is dictate where our money, views, and support go. I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for a WWE union of some sort.

#12 ·
it's purely down to the fans.

wwe are completely comfortable and have no reason to change, i find it laughable that there still people discussing the idea of cena turning heel, it ain't happening.

to think if all the fans that dropped off from viewing raw in the past couple of months, plus the the disgruntled fans that bizarrely still put themselves 3 hours of raw along with a 2 hour smackdown and the monthly 3 hour ppv, only to moan, moan and moan about the product where to all switch to another wrestling promotion for a month that would fuck with vince's ego as he obviously hates the idea of any other wrestling show being in the slightest bit competitive with wwe because he wants a monopoly on the industry.

but instead of doing this the fans stay in house and support nxt instead which is actually making shit even worse because they are just supporting a product that is snatching all the top talent from other promotions, which in turn weakens the rest of the industry and makes life all the more comfortable for vince when it comes to sticking it to the wrestlers with what they get paid and also creates less and less pressure on him to put any real care into the booking and storylines.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.