Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Rate & Mini-Summarize the Last Movie You Saw

View Single Post

Old 02-17-2008, 10:51 PM   #485 (permalink)
- Styles -
Bub owns you!

- Styles - - Styles - - Styles - - Styles - - Styles - - Styles - - Styles - - Styles - - Styles - - Styles - - Styles -
Default Re: Rate & Mini-Summarize the Last Movie You Saw

In the Valley of Elah

Based on true events. Directed by Paul Haggis (crash) and staring Tommy lee Jones . This is about a father trying to figure out what happened to his son while on leave from the Iraq war. First of all Tommy lee Jones deserved to get nominated for the Oscar even though he stands almost no chance of winning. He's great as always, a very powerful performance indeed. Now this movie is politically charged as you might expect, but where it just didn't sit right, was the blatant antiwar/military feel throughout, I wouldn't call it propaganda, but its pretty heavy handed. You only really see the bad. It does deal with the very important issue of Post traumatic stress and what the effects of war can do to a man, so in that regard it was an important story to tell. I just don't liked getting preached to either way. I certainly would call myself anti-war and if I thought it was too much, I'd hate to see what a hawkish pro-war person would think Either way its a descent crime/mystery story with great acting from the entire cast.

7/10

HJ 08 LMS - Angle vs Aj - Part 1 Part 2
Mcmg vs Speed Muscle - Here
AAO 2005 Aj vs Daniels - Part 1 Part 2
- Styles - is offline   Reply With Quote