Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official TNA DVD Help/Discussion/Review Thread

493K views 7K replies 464 participants last post by  obby 
#1 · (Edited)
Post anything related to TNA DVDs here. Questions, match ratings, suggestions, news, ect... are all welcomed.

Couple of questions to start things off (since the other threads were closed)

BGLWrestlingGod: Should I get Turning Point 05?

Jack Evans 197: Should I get Destination X 07?

liljayl23: Best TNA PPVs to buy on DVD?

#678 ·
AJ/Tomko vs BG/Bullet-*1/4
Traci/Payton-*
Petey/Steiner-**1/2-**3/4
Young/Storm-***
Kong/ODB-**3/4
Abyss/Judas-***1/4
Booker/Roode-**3/4-***
Lethal/MCMG vs Team 3D/Devine-***1/2-***3/4
Angle/Cage-****1/4

Overall a really solid show with a great main event, 2nd best TNA PPV this year behind Lockdown.

#681 · (Edited)
I just watched for the first time ever AJ Styles v. Christopher Daniels v. Samoa Joe triple threat and I will say that it was pretty damn good. One of the best matches I have seen from TNA wrestling and the action never stopped. My favorite spots are Styles' Shooting Star press to the outside on Daniels/Joe, monkey flip into a hurricarana, Samoa Joe's submission counters and so much more. The finish with AJ catching the quick pin fall on Daniels was a nice way to keep all three men looking strong.

The only thing I can say bad about this match is I wish they didn't use so many big moves on each other because it kind of down plays the damage of those moves. An exhilarating performance no less.

**** 1/2

#689 · (Edited)
^
Even being in the top five best ever is a great accomplishment. I don't follow Meltzer. I have been tuning into TNA Wrestling off and on since 2004 but have never ordered a PPV from them. But I've seen alot of their best matches on On Demand, Youtube and a couple PPV matches shown free on tv. This triple threat is probably the best I've seen from TNA.

#710 · (Edited)
You should also check out these matches which I have at ****3/4-*****.

Joe/Styles-Turning Point 05
XXX/AMW-Turning Point 04

Styles/Daniels-Against All Odds 05
Styles/Sabin/Williams-Final Resolution 05
I've seen those two.That Hurricarana off the cage was crazy. I also saw the cage match between Daniels and Skipper. I remember Joe/Styles being very stiff and AJ hulking up was interesting.

I also saw a good match between Samoa Joe and Chris Sabin a couple years ago.

#692 ·
Top TNA matches

Joe/Styles/Daniels (Unbreakable) - *****
Styles/Daniels (Against All Odds 05) - ****3/4
AMW/XXX (Turning Point 05) - ****3/4
Joe/Styles (Turning Point 05) - ****3/4
Joe/Styles (Sacrifice 05) - ****1/2
Styles/Sabin/Williams (Final Resolution 05) - ****1/2
Canada/AMW (Final Resolution 05) - ****1/2
Styles/Lynn/Psicosis/Low-Ki (2nd Weekly PPV) - ****1/2

#697 ·
Kurt Angle vs Christian Cage - Against All Odds 2008
They started off with the technical stuff and then transitioned into high energy back and forth action. Kurt and Christian worked this match at a fantastic pace from beginning to end and Joe, Karen, AJ and Tomko were all incorporated into it without pulling it down. The crowd was hot throughout and rightfully so as this is my pick for TNA MOTY so far.

****1/4

#699 ·
I agree with Angle/Cage AAO rating, if the finish was clean I could seriously see going ****1/2-****3/4. The match was that awesome.

Still 2nd on my TNA MOTY list behind Joe/Angle from Lockdown which I have at ****1/2 but need to see it on DVD when it comes out.

#701 ·
Angle is definitely WOTY at this point IMO, but most people would never admit it. He also had the 6 man tag at Destination X which was probably about ***1/4-***1/2.

He's been in pretty much everyone of TNA's best matches so far this year, and he has a chance to add another one tommorrow.

#703 ·
Angle in 08
vs Nagata - Global Impact - ****
vs Christian - Final Resolution - ***3/4
vs Christian - Against All Odds - ****1/4
vs Christian - Impact - ***3/4
vs Joe - Lockdown - ****
vs Joe - Impact - ***1/2

He's definitely TNA's wrestler of the year so far. I'd agree with him being better than anybody in WWE so far this year as well but only because Michaels hasn't wrestled as many matches.

#702 ·
I guess I'm a little late but the Unbreakable 3 Way...***** all the way. And if you can check out ROH Straight Shooting Series with AJ and Daniels, the part where they talk about this match is really interesting specially how about Joe screwed up and they ended up finishin the match early or something like that, it's a nice interview all the way.

And yes, Angle has been on fire this year so far.......

#704 ·
True, but Angle was working with Christian and Samoa Joe, two great in ring guys. Michaels had great matches with Kennedy, Jeff Hardy, a 58 year old Flair (even though he's still awesome), and Batista. He also had the elimination chamber which was pretty solid. So Michaels would probably be:

Kennedy - ***1/2-3/4
Hardy - ***1/2-3/4
EC - ****+
Flair - *****
Batista - ***1/2-3/4

So Angle still beats him out but not by too much. Angle's had a great year so far no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.