Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Rate & Mini-Summarize the Last Movie You Saw
View Single Post
post #148 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2008, 07:07 AM
Catalanotto
GO RED WINGS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: Rate & Mini-Summarize the Last Movie You Saw

The Heartbreak Kid

Starring: Ben Stiller, Michelle Monaghan, Malin Akerman, Jerry Stiller, Rob Corddry, Carlos Mencia

Summary: Eddie (Ben Stiller) is a single guy looking for love. He meets Lila (Malin Akerman) when she is getting her purse stolen. They start dating. Eddie finds out that Lila , who is a researcher, is being sent away to lie in Holland for two years for her job and the only way she can avoid being sent there is if she gets married because it's policy that married people don't get tranferred.

They end up getting hitched and go to Mexico for their Honeymoon. During their drive, Eddie starts to see teh real Lila, thus far being annoying as she horribly sings every song on the radio.

They get to Mexico and it all goes downhill from there. She turns out to be a complete nut. She also gets angry and storms out of their hotel. When Eddie goes out looking for her later on at night, he runs into Miranda (Michelle Monaghan) when he drops her camera and he helps her get it. As they see each other on the resort, he starts to hang out with her and her family and realizes how much fun she is and how much of a mistake it was to get married too soon to Lila.

He hides it from Miranda that he is married and wants to get a divorce from Lila but he can't bring himself to tell Lila after he sews a "greatest husband in the world" pillow for him.

The days go on and Eddies realize that he loves Miranda and would rather be with her....

....that's all I will give away. Before I saw it, I thought "ugh, Ben Stiller" (I'm not really a fan) but this movie turned out to be really funny and I actually was easily able to tolerate him.

Lots of laughs and craziness and a good story to go along with it.

8/10.

Detroit Red Wings/Dallas Cowboys
MARKS FOR ROWDY RODDY PIPER
Just when you think you know the answers, I change the questions.
You ever notice Hulk Hogan’s got no hair on his chest? Only friend he’s got that DOES is Cyndi Lauper.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome