12-18-2007, 07:09 PM
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Preston, UK
Re: WWE: A Strong Response
Pro Wrestling Insider – Latest WWE Backstage News & Rumours
The WWE recruitment rumour mill has been going into overdrive over the last few days, however we can now clear some of them up. It’s been confirmed that Matt Bentley has indeed signed a developmental deal with the WWE and will remain in FCW, where he will work under the name of Michael Shane as he builds up to a possible call up to the main roster. The trademark for his name remains under WWE following the signing of Mike Shane several years ago. His real life cousin and trainer, Shawn Michaels was said to be behind the move, especially following his move to Smackdown. Michaels’ move to the brand was seen to give him a new lease of life, and will allow him to work with Bentley in the future. Also of note, HBK’s profile has been moved to the Smackdown page on WWE.com.
Ron “The Truth” Killings is said to be very interested in a return to the WWE after he asked for his release from TNA, and has supporters within the company. Stephanie McMahon refused to give away more than she let on at a recent press conference, but it appears that Killings could well be rejoining the WWE very soon. Low Ki however will not be joining the WWE in the near future following his release from TNA. It appears he wants to concentrate on working in Japan. According to friends close to him, a WWE move in the future is something he would be open to.
Rob Van Dam is also causing interest from the WWE as TNA is itching to get him to sign a contract before the new year as they go on the road with their PPV’s and feel his name could help sell more tickets. RVD has received a contract offer from TNA earlier this year, but said it is too low for him to consider getting back on the road, and it is felt the WWE would offer him a lot more money anyway, but would go even further to stop him joining TNA.
Carlito is one superstar who has been persuaded to stay by Vince McMahon after the Caribbean star asked for his release. Carlito could be in line for more of a push now that he is definitely staying. This was shown on Raw Monday night with his victory over Cody Rhodes going into the Survivor Series, where he is part of the elimination match for the Intercontinental Championship.
Long standing rumours of JBL’s in ring return may indeed be true as he has apparently told Vince that he feels he is ready to go. If he does return to the ring, it wouldn’t be considered he would work a full schedule, mainly working TV’s and PPV’s. Vince is willing to allow this as he and JBL have a very close relationship.
The Raw 15th Anniversary is coming up very soon and expect to see some big matches announced and some old names return. With Saturday Night’s Main Event coming not long after, it is felt the Raw show could hold some big matches that won’t get on the card for the NBC Special. It is expected that at SNME, we will just see high profile matches.
Mr. McMahon’s Streetfight with Triple H at the Survivor Series is expected to be nothing more than brutal. Anyone expecting a screw job should think again as it seems the way creative are going, Vince will be totally cast away from his family or they just won’t want to take sides. This storyline is set to run for a while and will see Stephanie & Shane on Raw for the considerable future, but Linda may make the odd appearance.
Ric Flair's son Reid has just signed a developmental deal and will head to the WWE's Florida base very soon. On a separate note, Jesse & Festus have been removed from the Smackdown roster and have returned to OVW for the time being.
To see the updated rosters from Raw, Smackdown, FCW & OVW, Click Here!
Last edited by Nige™ : 12-18-2007 at 07:48 PM.