Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Rate & Mini-Summarize the Last Movie You Saw

View Single Post

Old 12-07-2007, 11:09 PM   #55 (permalink)
LegendofBaseball
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots

LegendofBaseball is getting a pushLegendofBaseball is getting a pushLegendofBaseball is getting a pushLegendofBaseball is getting a pushLegendofBaseball is getting a pushLegendofBaseball is getting a pushLegendofBaseball is getting a pushLegendofBaseball is getting a pushLegendofBaseball is getting a pushLegendofBaseball is getting a pushLegendofBaseball is getting a push
Default Re: Rate & Mini-Summarize the Last Movie You Saw

Cocktail Starring Tom Cruise

Although people seem to hate the man nowadays, maybe judging him because of his religious beliefs, or because he just skipped a frame on Oprah, this movie about a young man trying to find a "high roller" kind of job in Manhattan is really a small little piece of gold. The sudden change of professions, going from "trying" to be someone working on Wallstreet to a bartender is not surprising, as the title of the movie gives this punch away, I felt this movie was more than anything, relaxing to watch and funny. The performances are not extraodinary. The cast is okay. The story not so bad at all. I think I'd recommend this movie for a few things. I'd recommend it because of the nice Jamaican outsets. I'd recommend it for those wanting to compare the Tom of today to the Tom of yesterday. I'd recommend it for people who are interested in pursuing bartending. And I'd also recommend it for the relationship between Tom's character and "Coglin", his closest friend, yet sometimes "enemy" throughout this film. For anyone having never known who their father was or, for anyone without any fatherly figure in their lives, you'll easily get attached to the relationship these too share, a bit of "tough love" and some real to life emotions make this pairing quite a good one. I'd finish off this small review by saying that "Cocktail" is very underrated. But I guess that critics who get paid to review films sometimes just like to bash people. I prefer to enjoy movies and not judge a box cover by its cover... or something like that. If you don't have anything to do better than lay around for a couple of hours, I recommend this movie very much.

8/10