Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official Indy DVD Help Thread

View Single Post

Old 11-07-2007, 04:00 PM   #12202 (permalink)
-Mystery-
Wrestling Observer Hall of Fame

-Mystery- made the HOF Ballot-Mystery- made the HOF Ballot-Mystery- made the HOF Ballot-Mystery- made the HOF Ballot-Mystery- made the HOF Ballot-Mystery- made the HOF Ballot-Mystery- made the HOF Ballot-Mystery- made the HOF Ballot-Mystery- made the HOF Ballot-Mystery- made the HOF Ballot-Mystery- made the HOF Ballot
Default Re: Official Indy DVD Help Thread

IWA-MS 2007 Ted Petty Invitational

Night 1
1. Josh Abercrombie vs. Ricochet - **3/4
2. Joker vs. CJ Otis - **
3. Eddie Kingston vs. Human Tornado - **3/4
4. Davey Richards vs. B.J. Whitmer - ***1/4
5. Devon Moore vs. Dysfunction - *3/4
6. Mike Quackenbush vs. Billy Roc - ***1/2
7. Brent Albright vs. Tank - **
8. Brandon Thomaselli vs. Joey Ryan - **1/2
9. Drake Younger vs. "Spyder" Nate Webb - **3/4
10. Claudio Castagnoli vs. Nigel McGuiness - ***3/4
11. Chris Hero vs. Too Cold Scorpio - ****
12. Chuck Taylor vs. Jimmy Jacobs - ****

Overall show rating - ***1/4

Night 2
1. Josh Abercrombie vs. Devon Moore - **
2. Joker vs. Brent Albright - ***1/4
3. Human Tornado vs. Nate Webb - **1/2
4. Joey Ryan vs. Mike Quackenbush - **3/4
5. Davey Richards vs. Claudio Castagnoli - ***
6. Chuck Taylor vs. Too Cold Scorpio - ***1/2
7. Claudio Castagnoli vs. Brent Albright - ***1/4
8. Human Tornado vs. Chuck Taylor - ***
9. Josh Abercrombie vs. Mike Quackenbush - ***
10. No DQ, Last Man Standing - Chris Hero vs Eddie Kingston - ****1/4
11. Iron Saints vs. Nigel McGuiness & BJ Whitmer - ***
12. Claudio Castagnoli vs. Mike Quackenbush vs. Chuck Taylor - ****

Overall show rating - ***1/4

Overall tournament rating - ***1/4

The tournament was pretty good overall. It had it's high points but it also had some low points which is uncharacteristic of TPI but with the talent given, what can you do? Night 1 was solid. The undercard was hit and miss but the last 3 matches really delivered and helped elevate the show overall. Night 2 was a much better show than Night 1. The card was much more well rounded and less hit and miss. The big matches (Hero/Kingston and Taylor/Quack/Claudio) delivered and the undercard was very solid. Overall this wasn't the best TPI I've seen. In fact, it's one of the worse (second only to 2003). However, TPI is such a great tournament that it's tough to top it year after year so saying this is one of worse isn't such a terrible statement.

My breakout performer goes to Brent Albright. Albright made his IWA-MS debut and brought it the entire tournament. Decent match against Tank followed up by two good matches against Joker and Claudio. Albright has an upcoming booking at the SST and hopefully he gains more after that show.

My MVP was a tough decision and I ended up not having one because you could make serious cases for Taylor, Quack, and Claudio. All 3 guys had great matches and put on good performances. If you asked me each day to pick a MVP, my pick would probably change each day. That's how tough the decision was. Great performances by all 3 guys.

Finally, thank you Quack.