Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official Indy DVD Help Thread

937K views 16K replies 349 participants last post by  vivalabrave 
#1 · (Edited)
If you need help picking a ROH DVD(s) just post in here and we'll try and help the best that we can.

#14,605 ·
ZERO1-MAX 7th Anniversary Show

Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Kohei Sato ***

ZERO1-MAX vs. NJPW Grudge Match
Masato Tanaka & Ikuto Hidaka vs. Koji Kanemoto & Ryusuke Taguchi ****-****1/4

Takao Omori vs. Manabu Nakanishi **1/4

Ryouji Sai & Shota Takanishi vs. Mitsuhide Hirasawa & Tetsuya Naito ***-***1/4

Osamu Namiguchi vs. Yujiro ***1/4

Tatsuhito Takaiwa & Ueda Shito vs. Minoru Fujita & KAMIKAZE DUD (Clipped To Death)​

#14,606 ·
TOSJ 1991: Jushin Liger v Owen Hart
Really good match that reminds me how good Owen Hart was. In the context of the match he's not really in Liger's league, but does a good job to hang anyway, pulling out some really nice stuff that pops the crowd, and is generally excellent throughout. I'm not sure if this was the final or not, but it would be a fitting one if it was. Oh, and the top rope DDT - AWESOME! ****

TOSJ 1992 (final): Jushin Liger v El Samurai
I've seen this given ****3/4-***** and called the best match of Sammy's career... but I just don't see it. It's an awesome match, no doubt, with awesome psychology and storytelling (Samurai having to be a total PRICK in order to hang with the king, only to piss Liger off too much and end up DEAD was done pretty much flawlessly) and match was never boring (although after 4 viewings, I can barely remember anything from the first 7 minutes aside from some mask ripping), but it just missed... something, to draw me in like most great NJ Junior matches. Like I said, awesome match, but I guess I'm just a little disappointed. ****1/2

TOSJ 1993 (final): El Samurai v Wild Pegasus
I've also seen this get called Sammy's best match ever... and I still don't see it. I've came to the conclusion that El Samurai makes my mind wander, seeing how his "best" matches don't really click with me. Like the Samurai/Liger match, I was slightly disappointed, but only because of the hype I'd heard, and it's still an awesome match regardless. Samurai seems to be playing the underdog role like the previous year's final, but once again comes up just short. And top rope powerbombs look fucking sweet! ****1/2

After watching most of the best Jr. matches from NJ 1990-1993, still nothing can top Jushin Liger v Naoki Sano (1/31/90).

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.