Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official Indy DVD Help Thread

937K views 16K replies 349 participants last post by  vivalabrave 
#1 · (Edited)
If you need help picking a ROH DVD(s) just post in here and we'll try and help the best that we can.

#14,172 ·
I wanted to ask a couple of question can anyone find me live reviews for Proving Ground b/c i am kind of interested to get it.Also is their repetition to the sales they have on ROH's site and does anyone know when Without Remorse and the show before that comes out interested in seeing both.

A little off topic but what was the original cards supposed to be before they were changed to Unscripted really just interested to see how much the card got changed.

#14,173 · (Edited)
Proving Ground was an excellent show and HIGHLY recommended. Every match is solid with the exception of Claudio/Ruckus. It was a bit underwhelming however very funny (Claudio's "Hey!" vs Ruckus' "Whee!").

The ULTIMATE ultimate endurance is quite the match. BJ and Jacobs even went back a little to their cage match with some spikes. Erick Stevens vs Austin Aries was a fantastic piece of wrestling. Steen vs Necro was a crazy brawl (but wasn't dull, props to them for that), even the opener of YRR vs Eddie Edwards and Pelle was great stuff. The only match I remember being sort of boring/filler was Delirious vs Sal Rinuaro, but it doesn't take away from the overall experience. It definitely set a high standard for the rest of 08's shows.

#14,175 ·
PROVING GROUND
King/Blade vs. Primeau/Edwards --- **1/2
Daizee Haze vs. Alexa Thatcher --- *1/2
Ruckus vs. Claudio Castagnoli --- **1/2
Bryan Danielson vs. Brent Albright --- ***3/4
Necro Butcher vs. Kevin Steen (No DQ) --- ***1/2
Sal Rinauro vs. Delirious --- **
El Generico vs. Roderick Strong --- ***
Erick Stevens vs. Austin Aries (FIP Title) --- ****1/4
Jacobs/Black vs. Briscoes vs. Evans/Jigsaw vs. Albright/Whitmer (ROH Tag Titles - Ultimate Endurance) --- ***3/4

#14,179 · (Edited)
Re: Shimmer DVD's

Has anyone seen the womens shimmer volume dvds? are they any good? Im sick of the WWE and the womens division over there, I want something where they can actully wrestle.
If you want actual women's wrestling then SHIMMER is a good choice (personally I prefer TNA knockouts, but I'm biased). You get ladies at all levels here from just starting out to highly skilled ladies like The Death Rey and Melissa. Wrestling wise they are light years ahead of the average divas match. The production isn't as good as TNA and nowhere close to WWE, but the wrestling action itself is great. Some of the matches featuring the ladies just starting out tend to be sloppy and slow, but even those can be quite good because everyone in there is actually trying their best and "going for it". Absolutely give SHIMMER a try. You won't regret it.

Edit: Check out volumes 11 & 12. It's the SHIMMER tournament to crown the first ever champ. Some really good matches in there and you get a special treat in "Dark Angel" Sarah Stock (who usually wrestles in CMLL). Sarah is downright spectacular during this tourney. (TNA, if you're listening, pony up whatever $$ to get this lady)

#14,180 ·

Well thanks for the info. So you were saying that the early volumes are from their early years when the women first started?

I have been watching TNA and the knockouts are amazing and the wrestling is entertaining. I like the gail kim vs ODB fued its got more steam then mayweather and big show, lol. Do you think TNA will be signing more ROH and CMLL women? im not big on the glitz and glamore of wrestling production I used to watch ECW in the late 90's so the shimmer dvds wont bother me, I just want to see exciting womens matches with alot of moves

#14,181 ·

To be honest I haven't seen some of the real early volumes. They tend to vaguely follow a chronological order for the most part.

I would love for TNA to sign some more talent from ROH, SHIMMER, Mexico, Japan, etc... but their women's roster is pretty stacked right now. I absolutely want Sarah Stock in TNA.

#14,186 ·
Off topic question:

I purchased front row seats for the 3/28 Orlando show. Go the tickets today and not only are they different from regular tickets, the date reads "3/28/07" on both. Are these legit?

This post has been deleted
#14,192 ·
For any Scots out there...And I know there are a few out there. I've got a little bit of information that might excite you...Well maybe.

The Generico luchadore - El Generico is coming to Glasgow. Friday March 14th at the Barrhead Sports Arena for PBW. Yeah I don't know the company myself, but hey I might go to see El Generico wrestle...

#14,193 ·
Let me clarify my situation: I bought 4 3rd row tickets from ROH, 2 for 3/28 and 2 for 3/29. There were no first row available. Then, a week ago, I decided this would be a very rare opportunity to see ROH live, so I wanted to upgrade my tickets. I went to the ROH fourm and got tixs from a guy on there, got them today. The 3/29 show tickets look exactly like my other 3rd row tickets, but the 3/28 first row tix look like this:

#14,194 · (Edited)
dude, those are the old tickets. but they aren't torn up. so maybe they ran out of tickets and made some like that? idk. email ROHHelp@aol.com (check the website to be sure the email address) and ask.

i really hope you didn't get screwed over. usually when you go to a show, they rip them in half to show they have been used. so unless he bought them last year and didn't go, they might be legit. might.

edit: also it usually says the price and yeah. just realized someone wrote all that on the ticket. it's usually printed on the ticket. so the chances of it being legit just went way...way down

edit 2: also it usually has the location of the venue, city, state, and address of the show.

#14,201 ·
Can anybody tell me what the usual turn-around for a shipment from ROH's site is? I placed my first order with them the other day (picked up a few FIP DVDs to get the new Best of Punk in FIP Vol. 2) after doing most of my shopping through Highspots, which has been good about getting stuff processed and out the next day.

So, you faithful ROHWrestling.com users, what's the usual time-frame for processing?

#14,202 ·
This might be a dumb question but has any events from this year been better than Fianl Battle 2007 b/c I am thinking about maybe getting Proving Ground but i also want to get Final Battle along with Death before Dishonor V Weekend.Or is Proving Ground and Fianl Battle 2007 better than one of the DbD V Weekend shows.

#14,204 ·
Quick update on my ROH tickets situation:

They are legit, according to ROHHelp. Hmmm...why don't I feel any better? Well, I'm going and I'm hoping for the best. Big thanks to those who responded to the original post! Hope to seem some of you in Orlando!

Oh, and BTW...there's no way I'd buy from ANYONE unless I felt safe. I had the guy's phone number, address, place of employment, and a photo ID before I even contacted him. God bless teh intrwebz!

Reactions: Platt
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.