Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official Indy DVD Help Thread

937K views 16K replies 349 participants last post by  vivalabrave 
#1 · (Edited)
If you need help picking a ROH DVD(s) just post in here and we'll try and help the best that we can.

#13,938 ·
He "sent" it twice and it never came and I've talked to a few other people who have not received stuff for ages and when it did come was wrong some who still haven't got the right stuff now after 3 months+ seems he doesn't provide the best service for us UK people. Which is a shame because my first 2 experiences with him went perfectly.

#13,940 ·
New update on SMV some more remastered IWA:MS shows some HWA DVDs and

This 3 disc releases features the top matches of 2007 from Chikara.
1. Team TNA vs. BLK Out (2/17/07) King of Trios, Nt. 2
2. Quack/Jig/Storm vs. Pantera/Lince/Sicodelico (2/18/07) King of Trios, Nt. 3
3. Claudio Castagnoli vs. Ricochet (2/18/07) King of Trios, Nt. 3
4. BLK Out vs. Hallowicked/Colony (3/24/2007) Time Will Prove Everything
5. Cheech/Cloudy vs. F.I.S.T. (4/22/2007) Rey de Voladores
6. Pac vs. Ricochet vs. Retail Dragon vs. Chuck Taylor (4/22/07) Rey de Voladores
7. Mike Quackenbush vs. Chris Hero (5/26/07) Aniversario?
8. Lince Dorado vs. Mitch Ryder (6/24/07) YLC V, Nt. 3
9. Los Ice Creams vs. Olsen Twins (7/21/07) Showdown in CrisisLand
10. Tim Donst vs. Eddie Kingston (7/21/07) Showdown in CrisisLand
11. The Colony vs. Tres Deliriosos (8/5/07) Maximum Overdraft
12. F.I.S.T. vs. Briscoe Brothers (8/5/07) Maximum Overdraft
13. Chuck Taylor vs. Ricochet (8/18/07) International Invaders 2nd Stage
14. Claudio vs. Pac (8/18/07) International Invaders 2nd Stage
15. Olsen Twins vs. Cheech/Cloudy (9/22/07) Cibernetico & Robin
16. Incoherence vs. Icarus/Taylor (10/26/07) Bruised
17. Cheech/Cloudy vs. Osirian Portal (10/26/07) Bruised
18. Icarus vs. Tim Donst (10/27/07) New Star Navigation
19. Shane Storm vs. Chuck Taylor (11/16/07) Battle Who Could Care Less
20. Claudio Castagnoli vs. MIYAWAKI (11/17/07) Sordid Perils
21. Incoherence vs. Cheech/Cloudy (11/17/07) Sordid Perils
22. Claudio Castagnoli vs. Chris Hero (12/9/07) Stephen Colbert > Bill O'Reilly
23. Bonus Material: Hero vs. Equinox video recap
24. Bonus Material: Mitch Ryder vs. Lince Dorado highlight package

Even as someone whos not a big Chikara fan i've got to say thats a steal for $20

#13,942 ·
WrestleJam is a fun show and acts as a good introduction to Dragon Gate for people who are fans of wrestlers like Roderick Strong, Austin Aries, Jack Evans, etc.

BOC07 IS ONLY $20?! Fuck me, I should have just not ordered Bruised and Ciberntico & Robin, I coulda just gotten that! Oh well, I'm ordering that DVD right now, the price is too awesome to pass up.

#13,944 ·
Just ordered Best Of Chikara 2007, CHIKARA Two Eyebrows Are Better Than One, IWA:MS A Rotten Fairwell.

I'm officially back to being addicted to indy wrestling.

Fuck.

I'm broke.

Reactions: GenerationNeXt
#13,946 ·
After watching the four way on final battle '07, Chris Hero joins Chris Bosh as a God Amongst Men.

#13,947 ·
Chris Hero is on a much higher level than Bosh. Yeah the guy is funny sometimes but I still think he's overrated. He's the Dane Cook of wrestling he says outragous shit but after awhile you just realize he's obnoxious.

Even despite my current waining interest (the power to watch my DVD pile does not compell me) that CHIKARA Best of 2007 looks like something I might be willing to buy at some point. And if it fails to catch my interest i'm done with CHIKARA, Bob Saget or no Bob Saget.

#13,982 ·
Chris Hero is on a much higher level than Bosh. Yeah the guy is funny sometimes but I still think he's overrated. He's the Dane Cook of wrestling he says outragous shit but after awhile you just realize he's obnoxious.
I think this statement got lost in the Chikara excitement, but how dare you compare the greatness of Bosh to the joke that is Dane Cook.
On another note, might have to make my fisrt Chikara order and pick up the BO07, I've just been holding off on Chikara because I don't want to have to spend money on another promotion, as PWG and ROH get enough of my money as it is.

#13,948 ·
I don't follow CHIKARA, but I think I'll order the BOC 07 DVD; $20/£10 is freakin' awesome!

Already made a $55 order from buythematch.com last night though. Went nuts with the New Japan 90's Junior stuff:

Match 1 - TOSJ final 92: Jushin Liger v El Samurai (never saw this but have seen it given *****)
Match 2 - TOSJ final 93: El Samurai v Wild Pegasus (same as above, seen it given ***** as well)
Match 3 - BOSJ 94 final: Jushin Liger v Super Delfin (never seen this either, but any final Liger is in is pretty much must-see)
Match 4 - 6/14/95: Koji Kanemoto v Sabu (for the hell of it)
Match 5 - BOSJ 95: Black Tiger v Wild Peagasus (Benoit v Eddie, 'nuff said)
Match 6 - 7/7/05: Ultimo Dragon v Chris Jericho (think this happened in WAR)
Match 7 - J Cup 95: Jushin Liger v Gran Naniwa (it's Liger for fuck sake)
Match 8 - J Cup 95: Wild Pegasus v Chris Benoit (and this is Benoit and Jericho for fuck sake)
Match 9 - J Cup 95: Jushin Liger v Ultimo Dragon (awesome match, probably should have been the final)
Match 10 - J Crown 96 tourney: Jushin Liger v Shinjiro Ohtani (one of the best junior matches ever)
Match 11 - J Crown 96 tourney: Great Sasuke v El Samurai (never saw this before)
Match 12 - J Crown 96 final: Ultimo Dragon v Great Sasuke (Sasuke v Dragon = aweseome)
Match 13 - 1/4/97: Jushin Liger v Ultimo Dragon (not super awesome, but at the same time, it's still Liger v Dragon)
Match 14 - 2/9/97: Jushin Liger v Shinjiro Ohtani (Liger's better than crack, Ohtani's fuckin' Ohtani. Almost *****)
Match 15 - 3/18/97: Liger & Benoit v Ohtnai & Otaiwa (should be good; never seen it)
Match 16 - 6/28/97: Takaiwa/Ohtani/Nakajima/Tajiri v Liger/Naniwa/Wagner Jr./Jericho (great multi-man tag)
Match 17 - 8/10/97: Shinjiro Ohtani v El Samurai (another new one for me)
Match 18 - 8/31/97: Shinjiro Ohtani v Kanemoto (like I'm explaining this)
Match 19 - 9/23/97: Shinjiro Ohtani v Tatsuhito Takaiwa (this should be at least good)
Match 20 - 11/2/97: Shinjiro Ohtani v Chris Benoit (more Ohtani from 97. Shock)
Match 21 - 9/23/98: Takaiwa & Ohtani v Guerrero & Jericho (I love 3 of these guys and don't mind Takaiwa so looking forward to this)
Match 22 - 9/23/97: Jushin Liger v Kaz Hayashi (Liger rules everybody and I'm a big Kaz mark. Win)

A lot of the more well-know stuff is missing (J Cup 94, Liger/Ohtani 3/17/96, Benoit/Kanemoto 95 series, Kanemoto/Samurai BOSJ 97 final, pretty much any of Kanemoto's best stuff), but I already own most of that stuff and wanted to get some matches I haven't seen. My only gripe with the site is that there isn't NEARLY enough Kanemoto stuff from 97 & 98 (his best years imo), but apart from that, awesome selection of stuff to choose from.

Oh, and since I ordered more than 10 matches, I get a free Best of Tatsuhito Takaiwa DVD which looks more awesome than I imagined. Mainly because it has the final of the IWGP Jr. Tag Titles Tournament between Takaiwa/Ohtani and Kanemoto/Wagner Jr. which is a match I've wanted to see FOREVER. Plus it has a couple of good-great GHC Jr. title defences. Good shit.

#13,951 ·
Oh yes I have it downloaded on my computer, I just mean it would be a nice addition to your comp.

Since your appearently an Jrs. mark like me, If you haven't seen it you should go on that site and look up (in the NOAH section) Kikuchi/Kanemaru vs. Jushin Liger/Wataru Inoue (whom I usually pass on) from 2/17/02 , man was it ever awesome and probably Liger's finest match of the decade.

#13,952 ·
I agree. AWESOME match from all 4. Inoue, who I'm not totally sold on either, was fantastic in this one.

I'm intending on making another order in a couple weeks for this decade's best Jr. stuff. I just wanted to stick to the 90s in the last comp.

Seeing how you seem to be pretty knowledgable on the Jr.s subject, what are Kanemoto's best matches from this decade? I stopped really following NJ around the turn of the century and I'd like to chack out some of his stuff that I've missed, being a huge mark for him and all.

#13,953 ·
I haven't seen a whole hell of a lot of his recent stuff but he had a very good match with Bryan Danielson at the 03 or 04 BOSJ's (a little short though), a match where he invaded NOAH with Liger to face Kikuchi-maru, a fun match in NJPW against NOAH's Makoto Hashi and an absolutely fantastic IWGP Heavyweight Title bout with Tanahashi last year, way overlooked MOTYC, it was a nearly perfect Junior vs. Heavyweight style match.

Supposedly Kanemoto has an awesome run in the 2004 G-1 as well which I have but I haven't seen yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.