Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official TNA DVD Help/Discussion/Review Thread

493K views 7K replies 464 participants last post by  obby 
#1 · (Edited)
Post anything related to TNA DVDs here. Questions, match ratings, suggestions, news, ect... are all welcomed.

Couple of questions to start things off (since the other threads were closed)

BGLWrestlingGod: Should I get Turning Point 05?

Jack Evans 197: Should I get Destination X 07?

liljayl23: Best TNA PPVs to buy on DVD?

#954 ·
Just got down watching Turning Point 2005, and what a great show that was!

- The DVD includes the preshow which included the six man tag of Lance Hoyt & The Naturals vs. 3 Jobbers. This was less of a squash than it should have been, but Hoyt and the Nats picked up the win. Jeff Hardy was supposed to be in this match but he no showed (AGAIN) and that was it for him in TNA. They also showed some various promos and interviews hyping the matches, and they also showed them setting up for The Barbedwire Massacre.

- Throughout the PPV itself, there were various segments involving Jeff Jarrett trying to find out about TNA's announcement that "The Face of TNA would change in 2006" and this involved skits with him trying to get on the heels good side and one very funny segment with Monty Brown. All of those segments really paid off at the end of the show.

- THe PPV opens up with an awesome video package hyping The Barbedwire Masacre and that was our first match. Sabu vs. Abyss made wrestling history with one of the most violent matches in TNA history. This match was just sick, but entertaining. Both guys took some sick punishment. The ending saw Abyss get sandwiched between two boards wrapped in barbedwire and Sabu getting the pin. Sabu & Abyss had been feuding for months with two No DQ matches & a Monster's Ball under their belts, and they set out to top it with this one, and they did. It was crazy.

- After this match there was a long period of no wrestling because they had to set the ring back up and take the barbedwire down. THere was a $LK promo and then Mike & Don just babbled on forever to try and stretch which was actually kind of funny to see. They did something similar at BFG 2006 while they were setting up the cage for the tag title match.

- The next match was Roderick Strong & Alex Shelley vs. Austin Aries & Matt Bentley. This match was ok with some nice spots (Strong has great backbreakers) but the finish was extremely weak. Matt Bentley's Superkick sucks, that's all I'll say. The thing I like about this match is that this was the time where Shelley started to show some personality and that really helped him standout. Aries & Bentley got the win.

- Next up was a continuation of the on going saga between Raven & Zbysko. I really loved this feud. After Austin vs. McMahon, it's hard to find an Evil Boss vs. Employee angle that is interesting, but this one was as Zbysko begged for Raven to sign his release and threatened to throw opponent after opponent after him until he did. Raven's opponent on this show was Kanyon (going by Chris K., damn you WWE!) This actually a good solid match. Kanyou looked good in there and he took some good bumps for Raven. But Raven got the win with the DDT and then fought with Zbysko after the match.

- The 4LK with Kip James as their newest member took on Team Canada in an 8 Man Tag. This match was basically your typical 3LK match that I'd seen on Impact a 1000 times, however, the ending is what made it. Konnan turned on his team and knocked out Kip James with a chair, allowing Roode to score the pin. After some arguing, he also hit BG James, which brought on chants of "New Age Outlaws" and surprisingly, Konnan left Killings alone and encouraged him to follow. Say what you will about the 3LK/VKM guys (and Lord knows I say alot) but this angle was awesome, and Konnan's turn was very well done.

- One of the most heavily hyped matches on this card actually involved The Diamonds in the Rough. Can you believe that? AJ Pierzinski was a special guest of TNA, and Simon Diamond interupted which led to this six man tag of The Diamonds led by Simon Diamond, going up against Sabin, Dutt, & Dale Torborg who works for the White Sox now, but used to be The Demon in WCW. Adding AJ to the mix really got TNA some mainstream attention which is always good while Bobby Heenan provided commentary. He was obviously having trouble speaking, but that Heenan wit still came through. The match itself was pretty damn good with great X Division action and a great finish that involved AJ hitting Diamond with Homeplate, which allowed his team to get the win. This whole thing was very entertaining, and like I said it got TNA attention from the press, which is always good.

- Christian Cage made his TNA PPV debut against "The Alpha Male" Monty Brown in what was a really good heavyweights match. They played the big man vs. little man deal very well with Monty just dominating Christian with his strength. Eventually Christian fought back and was able to score the win after ramming Monty into an exposed turnbuckle and nailing The Unprettier for the pin. This was a very exciting match and a great showcase for both guys, especially Christian who pretty much proved that he was putting his best foot forward in TNA.

- Next up was AMW vs. Team 3D in a Tables Match. AMW were the tag champs, but the match was nontitle. I enjoyed the matches these two teams had together, and this one was good as well. This is definately one of the better tables matches I've ever seen. The only better ones I can think of are the Hardy/Dudleyz matches from 2000 & the more recent Steiner/Team 3D match from BFG. They had some great "nearfalls" with the tables. Storm unfortunately took a hard hit when Team 3D put him through a table using the Death Sentence. He got injured which forced Harris to finish the match himself, which had Team 3D go 2-0 on AMW for the win. The finish was probably rushed because of what happened to Storm, but the match was still pretty good, and thankfully Storm ended up being ok.

- The next match was easily one of my favorite matches in TNA history and probably my favorite X Title match ever as AJ Styles defended the gold against the undefeated Samoa Joe. They had already wrestled once at Sacrifice, which was an exciting match, but this bout blew the first one out of the water. The build up was great AJ getting pissed at Joe for dishonoring the X Division by savagely attacking Christopher Daniels. The match was amazing as Joe beat down AJ worse than any opponent he had ever encountered. AJ was the sympathetic babyface and soon fought back with his high flying offense. There were some great counters and great high impact moves, but it was over when Joe caught AJ in the Coquina Clutch and caused him to pass out.

After the match, Joe tried to do the same thing to AJ that he did to Daniels, but this brougbt out the returning Fallen Angel to try and get revenge on Joe. This great segment continued this three way feud in a great way as we would see in 2006.

- And finally there was the main event of Jeff Jarrett defending the World Title against Rhino. After winning the gold at BFG, Rhino soon lost the title to Jarrett in a rematch, which set up this rubber match. I can imagine alot of people not liking this match because it was mostly fought outside the ring, but I actually loved it. It was very exciting and the fans ate it up. They worked in the spot where Rhino Gored Jarrett through a table on the entrance tunnel which was awesome. And once it got back into the ring, it was pure insanity until the finish. I thought the match was exciting, and in the end, Jeff Jarrett scored another victory with tons of help from Team Canada.

However, before the show closed, the lights went out and pictures of a scorpion appeared on the screen. When the lights came back on, Sting's gear was left set up on a chair in the middle of the ring. That was an awesome way to end the PPV and a great set up for Sting's return.

So overall Turning Point 2005 was amazing. It offered some great matches like Rhino/Jarrett, Christian/Monty, Barbedwire Massacre, AMW/Team 3D, and of course the amazing AJ/Joe X title match. It also provided some great moments that really helped the show stand out like Konnan's heel turn, Heenan's return, and the first hint of Sting's return. It was just an all around great show that delivered in just about every way.

Match Rankings:
1) AJ vs. Joe
2) Abyss vs. Sabu
3) Rhino vs. Jarrett
4) Christian vs. Monty
5) AMW vs. Team 3D
6) Sabin/Dutt/Torborg vs. Diamonds
7) Raven vs. Chris K.
8) 4LK vs. Team Canada
9) Aries/Bentley vs. Shelley/Strong
10) Preshow Tag Match

#1,036 · (Edited)
TNA Against All Odds 2008

1. AJ Styles and Tomko vs. BG James and Bullet Bob Armstrong (for the TNA Tag Team Championship)
This match was what it was, but ended up being better than I thought it would be and it seemed like Bullet Bob was really trying out there. Tomko and AJ carried this to the best they could with the time they were given and it wasn't that bad. I liked the show of respect at the start of the for marine vets BG and Bob. *1/4

2. Payton Banks vs. Tracie Brooks
I don't really get why they threw this on PPV but like the previous match it was better than I expected. Everything about it was pretty average and seemed more like a WWE women's match (catfight) than a knockouts match. But still watchable as it was short and kept a good pace. *

3. Petey Williams vs. Scott Steiner (Case vs. Case)
This was a good-solid match and I thought it did a great job of putting over Petey. Why in the beginning he was kind of a pansy but after making a comeback he looked like a legit contender for Steiner, to the point I thought he may win. Good action and good showing by both men. Something else this match did was confirm that Steiner still hits a beautiful belly-to-belly :agree:. ***

4. James Storm vs. Eric Young (Drinking Championship)
Another really good match with lots of back and forth action! I think these two shocked everybody with how good their matches were including me. Though it was short at only around 8 minutes the spent that time going all out with a great pace. Easily the best "Drinking Championship Match" in TNA history :rolleyes:. Good
stuff and really underrated ***

5. ODB vs. Awesome Kong (Knockout Championship)
This was a decent match that was kind of a disappointment. That's not saying it was bad but lets say if it was on TV it would be a good match but on PPV this was pretty meh. But I admit we needed a little break in the action of Gail vs. Kong and ODB was a good choice **

6. Abyss vs. Judas Mesias (Barbed Wire Massacre 2)
I remember that the arena this event was held in wasn't going to allow this match and I would have been pissed if I attented this show. But onto the match, it was very good and entertaining. Some of the sick spots including Judas falling belly first on a barbed wire board and being chokeslammed onto one. I expected there to be more blood and that's my only complaint with this match. Not as good as the first one but still enjoyable! ***1/4

7. Booker T vs. Robert Roode

Now this is a "Grudge Match", these guys just went out and beat the hell out of each other. Sorry to say that this match was probably their best PPV showing during the feud but that takes nothing away from the match. Up until they got counted out the match was going great and well on its way to the four star range. But it didn't reach that point but still a very solid showing from both men ***

8. Jay Lethal and The Motorcity Machine Guns vs. Team 3D and Johnny Devine (Street Fight for the X Division Championship)
Very good showing but all 6 men involved. Both teams looked like a million bucks out there. Full of nonstop action and some amazing spots like Ray piledriving a blow-up doll :)eek:)this match was great fun to watch. Team 3D really put over Lethal in this match and told a great underdog story. Great match ***3/4

9. Christian Cage vs. Kurt Angle w/ Samoa Joe as Special Enforcer (TNA World Heavyweight Championship)
Now this is a main event! Early this year these two really showed they have great chemistry together and that's hard to deny after watching the trilogy of matches they had a few months back. It started out with some great back and forth technical wrestling that involved alot of counters, headlocks and some nice ground work. The pace quickened when the two went to the outside and the pace remained fast and perfect imo the rest of the match. Great reversals, great action and some very good near-falls. This is everything we expected it to be and more with the only down side the ending. Joe also helped out the match by messing with Kurt and such. Had the match had a legit ending this could have easily been one of the best matches in TNA history!
****1/4-****1/2 I'm still having a hard time deciding on which rating I should give this match, ****1/2 seems too high with the finish and ****1/4 doesn't seem worthy of the awesomeness of this match. I'll settle on a final rating when I rematch the DVD.

Conclusion: All things considered it was a great show. Too bad the first couple of matches were kind of lame or else this may have been remembered as one of their best PPVs ever instead of just one of the best of 2008 so far. Once we got to the 3rd match everything on the card delivered including the classic main event. I'd personally recommend this PPV as it's a great watch!
8/10

#1,070 · (Edited)
Well we did this with 2005 & 2006, so I'll go ahead and rank the PPVs from 2007:

2007 had some pretty damn good PPVs, but had a few others that could definately have been better.

1) Bound for Glory - This is my pick for greatest TNA PPV ever. Seriously, this card was just loaded: A great dream match main event in Angle vs. Sting, an awesome grudge match in Joe vs. Christian (who went 3 for 3 in great PPV matches), one of the better X Title matches of the year in Daniels vs. Lethal, a fantastic Ultimate X Match between LAX & XXX, and a great tag team grudge match in Team 3D vs. The Steiners in a Table Match. We also got the crowning of the first women's champion, Abyss won his first Monster's Ball, and the matches I thought would suck (AJ/Tomko vs. Team Pacman & FFTR) turned out much better than expected. It was just an all around fantastic show.

2) Sacrifice - This was a very stacked show. It had a little bit of everything, and I liked how all three title matches were Triple Threats. It gave the show a nice theme. We got great X Division action with Sabin vs. Lethal vs. Sonjay in the Title Match, a good X 4 Way, and a pretty good AJ vs. Joe match. Jarrett vs. Roode was a really good Old school match, and the main event of Angle vs. Sting vs. Christian showcased the heavyweights very well. Daniels vs. Rhino & Team 3D vs. LAX vs. Steiner/Tomko were pretty solid, and I marked huge for The Steiner Brothers reunion. But of course, no discussion about this show is complete without talking about the amazing Texas Death Match between Chris Harris & James Storm which is my personal pick for TNA Match of the Year for 2007.

3) No Surrender: I loved the theme of the show with Angle having to defend all three of his titles. The tag title match was a great set up for Angle/Sting at BFG, and his World Title Match with Abyss was a pretty good main event. However, it was his X Title match with Jay Lethal that stole the show as it provided the biggest upset in TNA history. Kaz vs. Roode & Storm vs. Rhino were two very good undercard matches, and the tag team gauntlet provided "Total Nonstop Action" for sure. My favorite match was Joe vs. Christian II which was very intense and exciting. From top to bottom, this was a very stacked PPV, and one of TNA's best.

4) Slammiversary: Alot of people seemed to be hard on this show because the matches were too short, but I felt like the undercard was very entertaining and maintained a high energy and it was all capped off with a fantastic main event. The only match I felt truly suffered from lack of time was Sting vs. Daniels, and even that match was pretty good. Other really good matches included Rhino/Senshi vs. LAX, Sabin vs. Lethal for the X Title, Wycheck/Lynn vs. Storm/Killings (very entertaining), & Abyss vs. Tomko: No DQ. Team 3D vs. Animal/Steiner was a good substitute for the 3d/Steiners match, and it was great to see Animal again. And of course I felt Robert Roode vs. Eric Young damn near stole the show. That was a great match. But the MOTN goes to The King of the Mountain match involving Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Christian Cage, & Chris Harris. Definately the best KOTM to date. It was amazing. Another special moment from this show was the heartfelt speech from Jeff Jarrett about his wife's passing and TNA's fifth anniversary. I don't think there was a dry eye in the house.

5) Victory Road: This is a very underrated show. It was loaded with tag matches, which I don't usually like, but the PPV still came off really well. The tag matches were good including a great tag match between Sting/Abyss & Styles/Tomko and an entertaining mixed tag of Eric Young/Gail Kim vs. Robert Roode/Ms. Brooks where Gail once again impressed big time. And of course the Match of Champions main event came off surprisingly well. Joe/Angle & Team 3D put on a very good bout and there were some nice twists during the match. The two singles matches of the show, Rhino/Storm & especially Harris/Christian, were both very good too and it was nice to see the AMW guys get the spotlight (although Harris didn't keep it long) The Ultimate X Gauntlet was just superb and I wish they'd bring that back, maybe at Bound for Glory.

6) Destination X: This show had a few problems. Angle/Steiner wasn't as good as I hoped, and we all know what happened in the Sting/Abyss Last Rites Match (but both matches were ok). Also, VKM vs. The Heart Throbs is my pick for Worst Match of the Year for TNA, maybe even in TNA history. It was just awful. However, there was ALOT of good on this show too. First of all, Lynn vs. Sabin 2/3 Falls was a vast improvement over the AGA match. Team 3D vs. LAX also improved with what I feel is their best match with each other. I got sick of that feud, but that match was the lone great one. Senshi vs. Austin Starr was very good despite a restricting gimmick of only being allowed to win with The Crossface Chickenwing. The Double Bullrope Mixed Tag was very entertaining, and Harris' return at the end was very cool. AJ & Rhino deserve major props for making Elevation X as good as it was. That was probably the scariest match I've ever watched. And of course the main event of Samoa Joe vs. Christian Cage was just fucking amazing! It's my pick for the greatest World Title Match in TNA history. It just blew my mind it was so good. So while this show had its downer moments, the good far outweighed the bad.

7) Final Resolution: This PPV kind of flew under the radar after it happened, but I felt it was pretty damn good throughout. Nothing fantastic, but everything was good. AJ vs. Rhino in Last Man Standing was pretty good & I liked the finish as it made AJ look like a chicken shit heel. Shelley vs. Starr in the PCS finals was good and I was very happy to see Shelley get the win. Team 3D vs. LAX was solid, despite the stupid finish. Petey vs. Storm was solid as well, and Lynn vs. Daniels vs. Sabin was very good, and of course I loved it because it was Lynn's first TNA match in ages. Joe vs. Angle in a 30 Minute Ironman match was overrated IMO, but still a really good match and a worthy entry to their series. I think my favorite match was Sting vs. Christian vs. Abyss in an Elimination bout for the title. Abyss was out first, so it was the closest we got to Sting/Christian one on one in a PPV main event, and they have amazing chesmitry together. It was a very entertaining main event and I was happy to see Christian get the gold back. Again, there was nothing truly amazing on this show, but there was nothing even close to terrible either.

8) Genesis: This was a really good follow up to BFG. The two standout matches are obviously Kaz vs. Christian in an AMAZING Ladder Match and The Motor City Machine Guns vs. Team 3D in what was probably TNA's tag team match of the year. The main event of Sting/Booker vs. Angle/Nash for the title had a ton of energy largely because it was Booker's debut and that was a very special moment. Abyss vs. Black Reign in The Shop of Horrors was surprisingly good (I was expecting a total trainwreck), and Samoa Joe vs. Robert Roode was pretty good. Everything else was ok. Steiners vs. AJ/Tomko was decent, so was the Knockouts 4 way, and Lethal/Sonjay was as well and the set up for the Team 3D/X Division feud was well done.

9) Lockdown: Unfortunately, two terrible bombs kept this from being one of the best PPVs of the year. If LAX/Team 3D & Harris/Storm had been regular cage matches without the gimmicks (Electrified Cage & Blindfold respectively) then Lockdown would have been awesome (maybe even Number one on the list) because those should have been great matches. Fortunately the rest of the show delivered. Petey/Roode & Senshi/Starr were both solid, and Gail Kim vs. Jackie Moore was a great women's match. Daniels vs. Lynn was very good. And the two best matches were the opener and the main event as the Xscape Match was amazing & Team Angle vs. Team Jarrett in Lethal Lockdown was fantastic. That was definately the best Xscape Match to date & Lethal Lockdown was pretty high up there.

10) Hard Justice: This show definately could have been better. I won't go as far to say it was horrible like many others did, but I felt some things could have been improved. The ending to the main event was predictable as hell. I'm not upset that it happened, but I wish they had done a better job of making it a surprise. Angle vs. Joe for all the gold was a pretty good match though and I liked the build up to it. I also really liked The Bar Room Brawl between Storm & Rhino, & the opening match of XXX vs. MCMG vs. Lethal/Dutt. Those were the two best matches. I also really liked Steiners vs. Team 3D. They made a big deal out of Pacman Jones, which to be honest I didn't have a problem with. It's just a shame he wasn't allowed to do anything in the ring. The Doomsday Chamber of Blood could have been better, and would have been if Chris Harris was in it instead of Andrew Martin. Speaking of Harris, I could have done without him getting killed by Black Reign. There were some other solid matches here & there (Kaz/Raven, VKM/LAX), but had the two main events had been done better, I don't think people would have hated it as much.

11) Turning Point - The major problem with this show was obviously the main event where Scott Hall no showed and Joe cut that shoot promo. It ruined the main event. The rest of the show was solid. Team 3D vs. The Guns & Lethal in a Tables Match was pretty good. Young vs. Storm was solid. Kaz/Booker vs. Christian/Roode was pretty good. The Thumbtack Match was ok, but would have been better if Rhino hadn't gotten hurt. Awesome Kong vs. Gail Kim is the main reason to check the show out as its one of the best Women's Matches I've ever seen. There were too many tag matches on this show, but overall it was alright. It wasn't terrible, but didn't live up to past Turning Points by a long shot.

12) Against All Odds: This show was just a mess. When one of the better matches is a mixed tag, you know something is wrong. Christy Hemme vs. The Big Fat Oily Guy was putrid. Sabin vs. Lynn for the X Title was very disappointing and boring. LAX vs. Team 3D in a "Little Italy" Streetfight was ridiculous. Senshi vs. Austin Starr was iffy. AJ vs. Rhino in a Chain Match was good, but TNA didn't do a good enough job of selling the gimmick of the match, so making it a chain match just seemed random. Angle vs. Christian in the main event was ok. I didn't think it was that great. The best match on the show by far was Sting vs. Abyss in a Prisonyard Match. That match was great, but couldn't save this show. I consider this to be one of TNA's worst.

#1,093 ·
Instant Classic: Best of Christian Cage
DVD Review

Family
Cage talks about his family. His father is an American and his mom is a canadian. He loves exploring new things. He has two brothers. The elder runs a sears and the the younger is doing real estate business and into music

Education
Cage talks about his college. He says he only went to college to study social science because he wants to get the loan to enter wrestling school (HAHA). He thanks his college for letting him enter wrestling school

Job

Cage has worked in many places. Its a long story, but uncharacteristically boring here. So i skip

Hockey
Cage says he is a huge (ice)hockey fan. He turns his attention to wrestling after breaking his shoulder during while practicing ice hockey. He was injured for 8 weeks and had to miss school. He says he got hooked with WWF shows at that time and taped the shows and watched them later.

Edge
Cage talks about Edge. Cage says Adam (Edge) is like his brother. He talks about things they did together. Cage tells a funny story where a small time promoter appoints them as apprentice for his promotion where they have to arrange chairs for the shows. Cage says he was excited because he felt he was going to wrestle in front of crowd (HAHA). During the intermission, Adam and Cage wrestled, and got thrown out by the security.
Cage says he and Adam looked at an article from Toronto Star and read that the winner of an essay contest got to train for free. Cage says they picked Adam because he had better looks (i mean wrestling wise). Cage joined Adam a year later. They show a clip on Adam and Cage's early indy wrestling matches.

Wrestling.. Finally

Cage says he and Adam will purposely turn-up for matches and try to get booked for the shows. Cage met Terry Richards (Rhino) while visiting some indy promotion show. Cage says he and Adam became best friends with Terry after that

Injury
Cage says he broke his nose after some guy botched a moonsault. He says his eyes were swallon shut after a day.

Cornette and WWF
Cage says Jim Cornette took him to the WWF training camp. Cornette had several problems to get Cage in there. But after few months COrnette called Cage to sign him for the WWF. A month later he was ready to go into the main roster. Cage says he got a call while watching a RAW episode, that he is going to work in the brood, tagging with Gangrel. Cage says he was very happy and confident working with Adam

Wife

Cage talks about his beautiful wife. He says he met her in England. He says working in TNA made it better for him to spare his time with his wife. Cage says he loves video games and watching sportcenter.

Jumping Ship

Cage says he was disappointed with his push in WWE even though he was getting good response from the crowd. (I feel the same, he was man handling Cena on mic at that time). He says he left them in good terms and we get clips of his fabulous debut promo at Genesis 2005. Cage says he loves TNA because he feels special here. He talks about safe and relaxing work environment here.

Cage in TNA
Cage talks about his best moments in TNA. He says he was choked after winning the NWA title, something he dreamed as a kid. He says he loved working with his best friend Rhino and 3D whom he had excellent chemistry with. Cage says AJ and Joe will be huge stars one day. He says AJ is like Adam for him. He is going to big things. Cage says he loves Daniels and the X-Division. Cage says he loves his new job and feels TNA is going places. Cage says he is not thinking about retirement. Cage says he will help new guys to groom after his retirement by becoming road agent or something

Matches

Match #1: Christian Cage vs Jeff Jarrett - Against All Odds 2006 (NWA World Title)
Good old school match with tons of interference and good crowd heat. Cage gets the win after 17 minutes
Rating: ***1/2

We see clips of Rhino and his wife congratulating Cage

Match #2: 8 Mile Street Fight: Christian Cage vs Rhino (Bound for Glory 2006)
Good hardcore match with tons of sick spots like piledriver from apron to a table and the crazy finishing sequence.
Rating: ***1/4

Match #3: Barbed wire steel cage: Christian Cage vs Rhino (Impact!)
Awesome Awesome match. These two has excellent chemistry toghether and it proved it here with some great spots like Super Unprettier and the sick gore which send Cage through the door. Cage's sick bladejob made it even better than their street fight at BFG
Rating: ***3/4

Match #4: No.1 Contenders Match: Christian Cage vs Sting (Impact)
Ok match which was marred by a commercial and a stupid no contest ending. This match also debuted Tomko to TNA.
Rating: *

Match #5: NWA World Title: Christian Cage vs Abys (c) vs Sting (Final Resolution 2007)
Good but short main event. Abyss getting eliminated early was a huge mistake and made the result very obvious. But still a good match. Cage picks his 2nd world title
Rating: ***

Match #6: NWA World Title: Christian Cage vs Kurt Angle (Against all Odds 2007)
Good match from the two as usual, but hurt cosiderably thanks to Samoa Joe as special enforcer stipulation. The match also marked first time that AJ has came to help Cage. Cage gets the win
Rating: ***1/2

Match#7: NWA World Title: Christian Cage (c) vs Samoa Joe (Destination X)
FABULOUS match. But i feel Joe had lot of offense in this match. Great counters with usual sick spots by Joe. Cage had great chemsitry with Joe. Great little ending too. Never made Joe like a loser.
Rating: ****1/4

Matches were all good, but i wish they had included his match vs AJ Styles from genesis 2006, which i still feel his best match in TNA. Interviews were great, and he looked like he is enjoying his time in TNA and very natural in delivery.

Thumbs up for the DVD.

#1,236 ·
Victory Road (2006)

1.) The Naturals vs. The Diamonds in the Rough - *3/4
Short forgettable opener. Not terrible though.

2.) Rhino vs Monty Brown - **
This started off so promising. You had the Pounce vs The Gore which was really interesting. They started brawling uncontrollably in the stands and the ref, who'd felt the Gore and the Pounce earlier couldn't get up. The match was called a no contest. Disappointing ending to a promising match.

3.) LAX vs. Killings/Dutt - ***1/2
Great tag match between these 2 teams. Killings was really impressive as was the Man Beast Hernandez who delivered an unreal looking Border toss to poor Sonjay. Crowd was really into this one.

4.) Senshi vs. Kazarian - **1/2
Expected a much better match between these two. They just seemed to be going through the motions and Kaz was showing a little ring rust. Pacing problems throughout. Not horrible but just not what I anticipated.

5.) Hair vs. Hair – Raven vs. Larry Zbyszko - 1/4*
Yikes this was complete shit. Definitely skip this one.

6.) Sabin/Lethal vs Nash/Shelly - **3/4
Pretty good match, the real treat was seeing the Sabin/Shelly interaction which was awesome. Nash had some trouble keeping up and it made for some awkward moments, but a nice match here.

7.) Team 3D vs. The James Gang/Abyss - **1/2

An alright brawl type of match. Brother Ray does a great job getting the crowd involved and while the beginning was pretty good it kind of tapered off as the match wore on. Ray got in a dig on ECW as he stapled (after a few failed attempts) a paper reading ECW fears TNA on Abyss's poor head.

8.) NWA titles - AJ/Daniels/Sirelda vs AMW/Kim - **3/4
Why this was for the title when the woman were involved is beyond me. After their last 2 great matches this one certainly didn't live up to the hype. Sirelda is just completely horrible in this. Kim had some great moments though. Funny yet weird spot where Kim was in a sexually suggestive pose in between Storm and Harris. I got a chuckle out of that. But the match was a letdown.

9.) #1 Contender 4 way - Sting vs Cage vs Joe vs Steiner - ***
An pretty good main event. JJ comes out early and takes Sting out by shooting Gasoline into his eyes. I'm sure the crowd were happy to see Sting out of the mix... Pretty much a triple threat from then on. Action was a bit too slow for my liking but there were some nice moments. Sting comes out towards the end with his face all bandaged up and gets the win and title shot, even though he probably only wrestled a total of 3-4 minutes....

Overall: Bad bad show, probably the worst TNA ppv I've seen so far. (Maybe slightly ahead of DX 05) Some of the matches I thought were going to be great didn't live up to expectations. Sadly the Lax vs Dutt/Killings match was MOTN at ***1/2 just shows how bad the quality was for this one.

Extra stuff: Team Canada disbanded on the show. D'amore gave a great performance as he touted the individuals talents and future prospects. All except EY who he berated in front of the Impact Zone. He was over BIG TIME with the fans.

Also Steiner does his infamous "Canada is Mexico North" promo. LOL Gotta love Scotty.​

#1,259 ·
Part 1 of 15 of my Ultimate X reviews!

Chris Sabin (c) vs. Michael Shane vs. Frankie Kazarian – Ultimate X – TNA X Division Championship – Weekly PPV 58 (8/20/03)

A week before, there was a ladder match to determine the #1 contender for Chris Sabin’s TNA X Division Championship between Michael Shane and Frankie Kazarian. Chris Sabin interfered and grabbed the contract. However, TNA’s Management Consultant Don Callis walked away with the contract. Later that night, he came up with “the ultimate idea”. He designed a match in which four fifteen-foot high steel poles were tied to the steel posts and on top of those poles, two steel wires stretched across the poles on the opposite corner. They would put the belt where the two wires meet and the competitors would have to shimmy across the wires to get the belt. It was going to be “ultimate danger”, “ultimate excitement”, “ultimate drama”, and most of all; it was going to be Ultimate X!

The match starts with some really good fast-paced action. Kazarian had Sabin on his shoulders and Shane worked across the wires. Shane’s right arm was within reach of the belt, but he didn’t try to grab the belt, that would make too much sense. Instead, he gave Sabin a botched hurricanrana. Moments later, as Shane and Kazarian were working their way across the wires, Sabin gave them both a springboard dropkick knocking them off the wires! Sabin then gave both Shane and Kazarian chair shots to their backs. Sabin then drove Shane’s head through the chair that was set up in between the top and middle turnbuckle, busting Shane open. Kazarian then gave Sabin a Yakuza kick to the head while Sabin was holding the chair close to his face. The chair was then set up in the center of ring and Sabin slammed Kazarian on the chair and it flattened the chair. With Shane and Kazarian down, Sabin worked his way across the wires. Shane then got up and gave Sabin a chair shot, knocking Sabin off the wires. Sabin, however, wasn’t the only thing that fell off the wires. The belt fell and they had to put it back up, which took a couple minutes. Once the match officially restarted, Sabin had Shane in a fireman’s carry and Kazarian did a sunset flip over Shane and Sabin, which was botched, and Sabin managed to roll through with Shane still on his shoulders and he gave Kazarian a dropkick. Sabin then had Kazarian in an Alabama Slam position and Shane gave Kazarian a dropkick to the head, and Kazarian then somehow gave Sabin a piledriver. Moments later, with Sabin and Shane hanging from the wires, Sabin gave Shane a powerbomb from the wires! As Sabin then tried to work his way across the wires, Kazarian tried springboard off the ropes and give Sabin a spear, but he slipped off the ropes. With Sabin just kinda sitting there, Kazarian gave Sabin a spear off the top rope. Kazarian, Sabin, and, of course, the belt fell from the wires onto the mat. The belt then had to be put back up AGAIN and the match had to be restarted… AGAIN! You’d think they’d be smart enough to buckle the belt where both wires met other than just across one the wire in the center. This probably would have prevented the belt from falling… TWICE! Anyways, once the match restarted, Shane and Kazarian climbed up the same pole, but Kazarian sent Shane from the pole to the arena floor. Sabin and Kazarian then worked their way across the same wire as the belt was on, and either of them could have easily grabbed the belt, but both men fell. I’m surprised the belt didn’t fall again too as it looked like it was about to. Sabin and Kazarian then tried to work their way across the wires, but out of nowhere, Shane rapidly got across the wire and easily grabbed the belt for the win and he became the X Division champion for the first time!

The match started out good enough, but the botches and the belt falling twice killed it. It was no surprise that after this match, the structure of the Ultimate X was slightly changed in that the wires would be secured at where they met as opposed to being two separate wires like it was in this match. Shane overselling then no-selling kinda hurts the match too, but not by much. There was cool spots here and there, but the belt falling killed all the flow that the match. It was almost to the point that once the match ended that I kinda didn’t care. With all that said, I give all three men a thumbs up for their efforts because they did the best they could for the first ever Ultimate X.

**3/4

#1,342 ·
After your praise for the XXX vs AMW match, I decided to watch the match again. Last time I saw it was more than 1,5 year ago. Here's how the match went down:

Triple X vs America's Most Wanted
(Elix Skipper and Christopher Daniels) vs (Chris Harris and James Storm)
Six Sides of Steel
Turning Point 2004
Stipulation: Losing team must disband

In those days there was a vicious feud going on between AMW and xXx. They both tried to brutalise eachother soo much, something special was needed. There was only one way to end this bloodshed once and for all: Six Sides Of Steel, losing team must disband. Winning was the only object in this match.
From the opening minutes both teams used the steel like a vicious weapon and soon all foreheads were busted open. xXx took an early advantage after handcuffing the wildcat into the cage. Storm took a severe beating including a Death Sentence, but somehow he managed to escape Skipper's dive and he speared Daniels, who was wearing the key, in half. Once Harris was freed, hell broke loose. Both teams tried to finsh the match, but everytime someone was still able to somehow kick out. As frustration, adrenaline and anger became bigger and bigger, some memorable moments were about to happen. After Daniels delivered a Angel's Wing on Storm, he and Harris climbed to the top of the cage. While Harris was sitting on top of the cage, Skipper reached the top as well. He somehow managed to get both his feet on the rail as he was about to do something never seen before. Slowly he got up and walked on the cage to do a hurricana on Harris. The crowd ate it. No time for a replay because Daniels was standing on top of the cage for a diving elbow. He hit it perfectly, all 4 man were laid out now and the ring was red. Red from the blood. Shortly after the insane cage walk, Daniels was once again on top of the cage with Harris. Skipper tried to powerbomb them, but Storm took down the tower of doom. Daniels took a vicious fall and was handcuffed by AMW. When Skipper ran into the Superkick, AMW raised their arms and showed the X sign. They hold Skipper up high and nailed him down with the Powerplex. 1,2,...3. It's done. xXx is gone forever. Fans were standing on their feet all the time and gave all 4 man a standing ovation. What a match. *****

Winners: AMW via pinfall after 21 minutes.

#1,455 ·
I don't do star ratings, but I can yell you what I thought.

There were 10 Matches at Slammy, so except for the Main event & Abyss/Tomko, none of them really got a whole lot of time, but overall the show was very entertaining and fun. It was one of my favorite PPVs of 2007 from TNA to be honest.

Rhino & Senshi vs. LAX was a really hot opener. On paper the match seems random as hell, but it was action packed & exciting. Senshi & Hernandez have great chemistry.

Sabin vs. Lethal for the X Title was a really good X title match and pretty exciting.

James Storm & Ron Killings vs. Jerry Lynn & Frank Wycheck was a surprisingly good match and a very entertaining bout involving a non wrestler. Storm f'n owned in this match.

Shelley vs. Backlund - Shelley doesn't come off looking too good here. Weak match. But its also very short.

VKM vs. Bashams - Sucked, but was under two minutes, so its painless.

Eric Young vs. Robert Roode damn near stole the show. I know no one agrees with me, but it was a pretty exciting match and the crowd ate it all up.

Team 3D vs. Rick Steiner & A Mystery Partner (I won't spoil who) was a nice substitute for Scott Steiner not being there. it was a short but sweet match. Notthing spectacular, but it was cool to see tag team legends interact with each other.

Sting vs. Daniels was way too short, but very entertaining for what it was. Also, Sting does his old school entrance where he comes down from the rafters.

Abyss vs. Tomko was a pretty good hardcore match and the first time Tomko looked like he might have potential to be good.

And the main event King of the Mountain match was amazing. A definately classic for TNA and my personal favorite KOTM match.

The PPV also includes a very emotional speech from Jeff Jarrett where he thanks the TNA fans for the support and talks about his wife passing away. Very emotional and touching.

And on the DVD, you get the awesome bonus match of Harris vs. Storm in a King of the Mountain Qualifying Match from Impact. It's hailed as one of the greatest matches in Impact history, so its great to have it on here.

Match Rankings:
1) King of the Mountain
2) Harris vs. Storm: Bonus Match
3) Young vs. Roode
4) Sabin vs. Lethal
5) Rhino/Senshi vs. LAX
6) Sting vs. Daniels
7) Abyss vs. Tomko
8) Storm/Killings vs. Lynn/Wycheck
9) Team 3D vs. Steiner/???
10) Shelley vs. Backlund
11) VKM vs. Bashams

#1,521 · (Edited)
Ownage's list is about close to mine. I haven't seen the Victory Road 12 man tag as of yet, replace that with Lethal Lockdown and switch around Angle/Cage & Joe/Angle for #2 and #3 spots. That would be my exact top five for the year.

Angle vs. Styles at Hard Justice rocked that I also have it over all other TNA matches this year.

#1,526 ·
Sorry for Double post.

Aj styles vs Samoa Joe vs Christopher Daniels - Unbreakable 2005.

Nice start to this match with Joe and Styles teaming before styles getting some cool nearfalls. Nice. Pretty cool stuff follows with a lot of chops and irish whips in to the corner, 2 freakish dives by Daniels and Styles take action to the outside! They were awesome! Lol at the woman in the crowd chanting holy shit. WOW! Monkey flip into a Hurricarana from all 3 men! That was an awesome spot. OMG, Thats the first spinal tap i've seen and it was awesome, on 2 men aswell! Man i love Joes corner kicks, He did one after another cool 3 man spot in the corner. "TNA TNA TNA". Man joe is athletic. Daniels shows good strength to hit a Death valley driver on Joe. HOLY SHIT! Nice flipping between Daniels and Styles with neither man hitting before Joe jumps over the top rope!! God this is great so far. God the spots don't stop coming, A double back drop off the top rope by Joe!! The fans rightfully chant TNA. Good stuff with the ref distracting Joe. Daniels counters a spinnign head scizzor with a weird move but its awesome :p. Follow that with a chokeslam! Best moonsault ever follows, Wow, That was a great combination of moves. Lovely inverted DDT by AJ to finally get him some offence, He has been dominated most of the match :eek:.

Thats short lived as Daniels gets a superplex. Daniels kicks out of a Joe powerbomb but Joe puts him in a STF! Awesome spot. PELE KICK! Then a weird move that looks like an Angle slam! This is near the end for sure! DAMN! Awesome crucifix into the styles clash! That would have been an awesome finish but Joe breaks it up. Daniels goes for his finisher and AJ counters for the win.

WOW! Best 3 way match ever in my books. That was phenominal pardon the pun!! I'm not a hardcore TNA fan but that was a hell of a lot of fun to watch. *****

#1,540 ·
Just rewatched Lockdown 2008. A pretty good PPV despite some of the matches being cluttered. I think if you take Xscape, Lethal Lockdown, Queen of the Cage, & Cuffed in the Cage all together, you have 35 Participants in 4 Matches. Yikes! But despite that, the show ended up being pretty entertaining with a strong double main event.

ALL MATCHES CONTESTED IN SIX SIDES OF STEEL

Match 1 - "Black Machismo" Jay Lethal (c) vs. "Guru" Sonjay Dutt vs. Curry Man vs. Shark Boy vs. Consequences Creed vs. Johnny Devine: X Division Championship Xscape Match

Xscape has become a fun annual tradition for Lockdown, right along with Lethal Lockdown. The best one was in 2007 IMO, but this one was pretty good as well. Curry Man got to shine a bit which he doesn't usually get to do given the comedy gimmick. There were some pretty cool high flying spots and they had a nice dynamic with Sonjay trying to help his friend Jay, even after he was elminated. Its not the Best Xscape, but its about on par with most of the previous ones.

Match 2 - "The Voodoo Queen" Roxxi Lavaeux vs. Angelina Love vs. Velvet Sky vs. Traci Brooks vs. Rhaka Khan vs. "The Pride of Tennessee" Jacqueline vs. Christy Hemme vs. Salinas: Queen of the Cage Match

Basically the rules here are similar to the dreaded Reverse Battle Royal, only this one came off way better because they have to climb up and over into the cage. That part was over with fairly quick and it came down to Roxxi & Angelina in the cage, and they had a pretty decent singles match to conclude the bout. Overall this was pretty quick and fairly entertaining.

Match 3 - BG James vs. Kip James

Every Lockdown has at least one bomb. In 2005 it was Lethal Lockdown. In 2006 it was the Arm Wrestling Match, & in 2007 we had the Blindfold Match AND The Electrified Cage. This was 2008's Bomb. The match isn't that bad, and this is coming from somebody that can't stand BG or Kip. They tried to put on a good match, but the crowd just crapped on them. I guess they just wanted to hate it or something. Oh well. Worst match on the show.

Match 4 - Super Eric & Kaz vs. The Latin American Xchange vs. The Motor City Machine Guns vs. Rellik & Black Reign vs. The Rock & Rave Infection vs. "Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner & "Maple Leaf Muscle" Petey Williams: Cuffed in the Cage

OK, I remember looking over the final card for Lockdown 2008 and I saw this match was like "Huh?!?!" That was one of the most ridiculous matches I've ever heard of. I noticed that every Division had their own Battle Royal kind of match (X had Xscape, Knockouts had QOC, & Heavyweights had LL) so I guess this is the tag team battle royal of the show. The rules were that there are 11 Sets of Handcuffs attached to thec age, and if a wrestler gets handcuffed to the cage, he's elminated, and it would go till only one team remained.

But in all honesty, the match was actually very enjoyable. LAX & The Guns provided some action when they were in it, and Kaz practacally killed himself to make the match good. Super Eric got involved and took on Black Reign, Rellik, & Rock & Rave by himself, which was actually well done. There were some cool spots and it was action packed and fun, so it turned out well, much to my surprise.

Match 5 - Gail Kim & ODB vs. Awesome Kong & Raisha Saeed

The Knockouts get to shine again as for the second year in a row, Gail Kim had one of the best matches on the Lockdown card. This was a really good mixed tag with some great action by all four girls. My sister saw me watching this match and said "They put the girls in the cage!" and she was really impressed with the Knockouts putting on such a good match inside a cage. It was really cool.

Match 6 - Booker T & Sharmell vs. Robert Roode & Payton Banks

The thing I'll always remember about this one is that it should have been Booker vs. Roode 1 on 1. The angle was calling for a big singles match at the PPV, but they opted for a Mixed Tag instead. The match was good and fun, but a singles match would have been better, and I think most will agree.

1st Main Event - Team Cage (Christian Cage, Rhino, Sting, Kevin Nash, Matt Morgan) vs. Team Tomko (Tomko, AJ Styles, Team 3D, James Storm): Lethal Lockdown

I look forward to Lethal Lockdown every year. Except for the 1st one, LL has delivered a really strong match at every Lockdown, and this one was great too. It was great to see young talents like Storm & Morgan interact with vets like Sting & Nash. The begginning was great to with them teasing Tomko vs. Cage to start, but we got a swerve as AJ sneaked in and attacked Cage, starting the match. We got a really big spot off the top of the cage, which was really scary at first because it looked like the set up wasn't safe at all.

This was a really fun, violent, and hardcore match, as Lethal Lockdown usually is. Once again it delivers strong at Lockdown.

2nd Main Event - Kurt Angle (c) vs. "The Samoan Submission Machine" Samoa Joe: TNA World Championship

If Samoa Joe lost this match he would retire from Professional Wrestling. Now this is one very unique match as they opted to go for a more shoot style exchange in the early going. The crowd didn't really buy into it at first but once the match turned into a more classical submission style match, it was great. There were some great counters to the holds, and there was one part where it seemed like Joe was really going to tap, so it had drama too. The match might not be for everybody, but I highly enjoyed it, and I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen it, but the ending made the PPV all worth it.

So overall Lockdown 2008 was a fun show. TNA should avoid having so many Battle Royal type matches on their PPVs in the future, but alot of the matches turned out better than expected, so I won't complain. The real strength in the show comes from the Double Main Event which delivered big time.

Match Rankings:
1) Joe vs. Angle
2) Lethal Lockdown
3) Xscape
4) Gail/ODB vs. Kong/Saeed
5) Cuffed in the Cage
6) Booker/Sharmell vs. Roode/Payton
7) Queen of the Cage
8) BG vs. Kip

#1,623 ·
Quick ratings for some recent shows I watched

Turning Point 2005:

Abyss/Sabu ***3/4 (not quite good enough to break the 4* barrier which is pretty weird for me lol)
Shelley & Strong vs. Aires & Bentley ***1/4 (I loved this match, brilliant x-division action)
Raven vs. Chris K *1/2 (Good storyline, bad matches, watchable due to length)
Team Canada vs. 4LK ** (Pure filler but Konnan's heel turn was great)
Sabin, Torborg & Dutt vs. Diamonds in the Rough **3/4 (Very solid match)
Cage vs. Brown ***1/4 (Good solid heavyweight bout)
Team 3D vs. AMW *** (Good but I expected more)
Joe vs. Styles ***** (My favorite TNA Match ever)
Rhino vs. Jarrett **** (A true underrated gem of a main event, great brawl!)

Final Resolution 2005:

3LK vs. Kazarian, Shane & Daniels **1/2 (Good action but not really up to the standards of a TNA opener)
Skipper vs. Dutt ***1/2 (Wow! Forgotten match right here, this was awesome and I really miss Skipper...)
Rhodes vs. Kash **1/2 (Rhodes was stinking up TNA PPVs long before Black Reign lol)
Erik Watts vs. Raven **1/4 (Decent but very skippable)
Hardy vs. Hall ** (Yeah...)
Brown vs. Page vs. Nash **3/4 (Good little match and story told here)
AMW vs. Team Canada ****1/4 (Brilliant, TNA's tag division was almost unmatched at this time)
Styles vs. Williams vs. Sabin ****1/2-****3/4 (Awesome awesome awesome!)
Jarrett vs. Brown ***1/4 (Really good main event here, if I didn't know better I would have thought Brown was getting the title)

Two truely awesome shows! Turning Point is one of the best in TNA history. FR had a little too much filler during the first half og the show but it was still a great show as well

#1,624 ·
Quick ratings for some recent shows I watched

Turning Point 2005:

Abyss/Sabu ***3/4 (not quite good enough to break the 4* barrier which is pretty weird for me lol)
Shelley & Strong vs. Aires & Bentley ***1/4 (I loved this match, brilliant x-division action)
Raven vs. Chris K *1/2 (Good storyline, bad matches, watchable due to length)
Team Canada vs. 4LK ** (Pure filler but Konnan's heel turn was great)
Sabin, Torborg & Dutt vs. Diamonds in the Rough **3/4 (Very solid match)
Cage vs. Brown ***1/4 (Good solid heavyweight bout)
Team 3D vs. AMW *** (Good but I expected more)
Joe vs. Styles ***** (My favorite TNA Match ever)
Rhino vs. Jarrett **** (A true underrated gem of a main event, great brawl!)

Final Resolution 2005:

3LK vs. Kazarian, Shane & Daniels **1/2 (Good action but not really up to the standards of a TNA opener)
Skipper vs. Dutt ***1/2 (Wow! Forgotten match right here, this was awesome and I really miss Skipper...)
Rhodes vs. Kash **1/2 (Rhodes was stinking up TNA PPVs long before Black Reign lol)
Erik Watts vs. Raven **1/4 (Decent but very skippable)
Hardy vs. Hall ** (Yeah...)
Brown vs. Page vs. Nash **3/4 (Good little match and story told here)
AMW vs. Team Canada ****1/4 (Brilliant, TNA's tag division was almost unmatched at this time)
Styles vs. Williams vs. Sabin ****1/2-****3/4 (Awesome awesome awesome!)
Jarrett vs. Brown ***1/4 (Really good main event here, if I didn't know better I would have thought Brown was getting the title)

Two truely awesome shows! Turning Point is one of the best in TNA history. FR had a little too much filler during the first half og the show but it was still a great show as well
Great review. Will review these two matches soon in my 'TNA's 5 best Matches Blog'.

#1,717 ·
Delirious wrestled in TNA? I never knew that. Great review Viva, I agree with pretty much all your ratings.

Anyway, thought I'd throw out a list of notable TNA TV matches this year.

Gail/Kong-1/10-***-***1/4
AJ/Joe/Cage-1/17-***1/4-***1/2
Angle/Nagata-1/17-****1/4
Angle/Cage-3/6-Six Sides Of Steel-***3/4
Angle/Nash-Sometime in March/April-***
MCMG/Cage & Rhino-4/24-***1/2
Joe/Angle-4/24-***1/2-***3/4
Gail/Kong-5/15-***1/4
Cage/Tomko-5/29-***1/4
Kaz/Curryman/Devine/Sabin/Rave-6/5-X KOTM-***3/4
Joe/Kaz-6/12-***1/4
MCMG/Speed Muscle-6/12-***3/4
MCMG/Dux & Daivari-6/19-***1/2
Guerrero & Bucanero/Speed Muscle-6/26-***1/2
AJ & Rhino & Cage/Angle & 3D-7/24-Tables Match-***
Gail/Kong-8/21-Street Fight-***
AJ/Cage-9/4-***1/4

I might be forgetting a few, but it's been a solid year of TV matches on Impact. Nothing over **** cept Angle/Nagata and that's kind of an iffy one, but there's been some really good matches.

#1,720 ·
Delerious wasn't there long. If I recall correctly, he was in an X Division Six Way Match at Slammy 05, and then jobbed to Joe at the next Impact (aired on the net) and that was it.

Good job on remembering alot of those matches dude. I forgot some of them, and props for naming Angle vs. Nash. That was a really good match. The second one was too.

#1,744 ·
TNA Hard Justice '08

TNA World Heavyweight Championship; Six Sides of Steel With Weapons
Samoa Joe (c) vs. Booker T **3/4

Last Man Standing Match
Kurt Angle vs. AJ Styles ****

Jersey Street Fight
Christian Cage & Rhino vs. Brother Ray & Devon ***-***1/4

Black Tie Brawl & Chain Match
Jay Lethal vs. Sonjay Dutt ***1/4-***1/2

TNA Tag Team Championship
Homicide & Hernandez (c) vs. Robert Roode & James Storm ***1/2-***3/4 (Greatest Border Toss Ever)

Don West: AAAHHH DAMN~!

Special Guest Referee: Tracy Brooks
Awesome Kong, Angelina Love & Velvet Sky vs. Taylor Wilde, Gail Kim & ODB **1/4

TNA X-Division Championship
Petey Williams (c) vs. Consequences Creed ***1/4 (Those Fans Really Love The Canadian Destroyer)

I Can't Believe They Consider Christian Cage...A Hardcore Legend :no:

The First TNA PPV I Seen Since BFG '07

#1,758 ·
PPV '08 Main Event Matches So Far

Hard Justice; TNA World Heavyweight Championship
Samoa Joe (c) vs. Booker T **3/4

Slammiversary; TNA World Heavyweight Championship
Samoa Joe (c) vs. Booker T vs. Christian Cage vs. Rhino vs. Robert Roode **1/4 (Boring)

Victory Road; TNA World Heavyweight Championship
Samoa Joe vs. Booker T 1/4* (What A Disaster)

Sacrifice; TNA World Heavyweight Championship
Samoa Joe (c) vs. Kaz vs. Scott Steiner **3/4

Lockdown; TNA World Heavyweight Championship
Kurt Angle (c) vs. Samoa Joe ****1/2 (EPIC~!)

Destination X
Samoa Joe, Christian Cage & Kevin Nash vs. Kurt Angle, AJ Styles & Tomko ***1/4-***1/2

Against All Odds; TNA World Heavyweight Championship
Kurt Angle (c) vs. Christian Cage ****

Final Resolution; TNA World Heavyweight Championship
Kurt Angle (c) vs. Christian Cage ***3/4

#1,981 ·
Not sure if this has been posted before (sorry if it has)-but here is the "tentative" line-up for the upcoming TNA Ultimate Matches DVD...

1. Full Metal Mayhem: Jeff Hardy vs. Abyss (Against All Odds 2005)
2. NWA World Title Full Metal Mayhem Match: Abyss vs. Christian Cage (Sacrifice 2006)
3. Monster's Ball: Abyss vs. Sabu vs. Rhino vs.Jeff Hardy (Bound For Glory 2005)
4. Ladder Match: Kaz vs. Christian Cage (Genesis 2007)
5. Ultimate X Match: 10 man Ultimate X Match (Victory Road 2007)
6. Ultimate X Match: AJ Styles vs. Petey Williams vs. Chris Sabin (TNA X Division Championship- Final Resolution 2005)
7. Ultimate X Match: Christopher Daniels vs. A.J. Styles vs. Elix Skipper vs. Ron Killings (TNA X Division Championship- Destination X 2005)
8. Ultimate X Match: A.J. Styles & Christopher Daniels vs. LAX (NWA World Tag Team Championship- Surrender 2006)
9. King Of The Mountain
10. King Of The Mountain 2
11. King of the Mountain 3
12. King of the Mountain 4
13. Six Sides Of Steel: America's Most Wanted vs. Triple X (Turning Point 2004)
14. Six Sides Of Steel: AJ Styles vs. Abyss (Lockdown 2005)
15. Six Sides Of Steel: Abyss vs. Christian Cage (Lockdown 2006)
16. Six Sides of Steel: AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels vs. LAX (Bound For Glory 2006)
Plenty of comments, first it is nice to see TNA going back to 2-disc DVDs, their recent efforts while often good, felt a little bit empty.

Only one match (first KOTM) from the weekly PPV era, which is a bit of a shame, especially when you look at the Ultimate X matches from 2004 that weren't included.

16 matches, 9 of which I already have on previous "best of" DVDs-a little disappointing, especially when you see some of the matches that have been released on a gazillion DVDs before. I'm talking Monsters Ball 2005, AJ/Daniels v LAX UX and Cage matches, and finally AJ v abyss from Lockdown 2005. As awesome as this match was, I've ended up seeing it about 1000 times now.

No doubt it will be a good DVD set, although like many recent TNA DVds it seems to be underwhelming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.