Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official TNA DVD Help/Discussion/Review Thread

493K views 7K replies 464 participants last post by  obby 
#1 · (Edited)
Post anything related to TNA DVDs here. Questions, match ratings, suggestions, news, ect... are all welcomed.

Couple of questions to start things off (since the other threads were closed)

BGLWrestlingGod: Should I get Turning Point 05?

Jack Evans 197: Should I get Destination X 07?

liljayl23: Best TNA PPVs to buy on DVD?

#28 ·
spear64 said:
I bought Destination X 2007 and heres my ratings. Tell me what you think

Joe/Christian ****1/4
Sting/Abyss **1/4
Angle/Steiner **3/4
Styles/Rhino **1/2
Lynn/Sabin ***1/2
VKM/Heartbreakers *
Senshi/Starr **1/4
Petey&Kim/Roode&Moore **1/2
LAX/3D ***
I think you're dead-on with every match except for the main event, which I thought was more pretty good than MOTYC, but I seem to be in the minority there. Most of the other main events ranged from ok to good; nothing terrible, but nothing amazing, either. I also thought Sabin and Lynn could have done a lot better with more time.

#29 ·
Penishead said:
Any ratings for TUrning Point 06?
PCS Match - Round 1
Pretty good x division match. You've seen it all before, and it's certainly nothing special, but a good x match is still a good x match.

Bikini Contest: Eric Young vs. Mrs. Brooks
A comedy segment is one thing, a comedy segment passing itself off as an actual match is another, especially when the entire segment is long, unfunny, and a waste of time. The first of three time-wasting segments.

Christopher Daniels vs. Chris Sabin
As good as their first match, as good as you would expect.

***1/2

AJ Styles vs. Rhino
If there were more time, it probably would have been better. But as a set-up to a long feud, it was pretty good, and the ending was pretty unexpeted.

**1/2

Latin American Xchange vs. American's Most Wanted - Flag Match
Better than their first match, still not quite great. It was like watching a pretty good ladder match.

**3/4

Abyss vs. Christian Cage vs. Sting
A little bland, a little boring, but it had some good stuff. Don't really see the comparisons to the rematch; I think they're both weak, but this got the job done.

**1/2

Kurt Angle vs. Samoa Joe
The reason to own this DVD. A huge improvement on the first, with an actual story being told, and fantastic action all around, not to mention, the right guy wins. If this match had the build up of the first match behind it, it might have felt more like MOTYC, but it's still very good.

All in a all, a mostly ok show, only reason I got it was because it's supposedly tough to find, and they had one copy at Best Buy for $15, so I thought "why not?" I already had Bound for Glory '06 and Genesis '06.

#30 ·
Joe/Christian and Harris/Storm are by far MOTY in TNA so far this year.

Joe/Christian amazed me, and really showed how good Christian is in the ring, regardless of the people who just feel he is a mid carder. ****1/4

Storm/Harris, i thought would just be a one spot match, that would be a load of mediocre shit, however the brutality of this match got both men so over, with shows how good it really was. ****1/2

#31 ·
Thought I'd go ahead and post these here since they were in the indy dvd thread:

Unstoppable: The Best of Samoa Joe
vs. Sonjay Dutt - **3/4
vs. Delirious - **
vs. Chris Sabin - **** to ****1/4
vs. AJ Styles (Sacrifice '05) - ****1/2
Unbreakable 3-Way - *****
vs. Jushin Liger - ***
Elimination X (Genesis '05) - ***3/4
vs. AJ Styles (Turning Point '05) - *****
vs. Jay Lethal - **
vs. Christopher Daniels (Final Resolution '06) - ***3/4

#32 ·
Genesis 2005

Shark Boy vs Nigel McGuiness-**1/2
Diamonds in the Rough vs The Naturals and Lance Hoyt-**
Raven vs Justin Credible-**3/4
Team Canada vs 3 Live Kru-**1/2
Jeff Hardy vs Monty Brown-**
Elimination X-****
Abyss vs Sabu-***
AJ Styles vs Petey WIlliams-***3/4
Jeff Jarrett/AMW vs Rhino/Team 3D-***

#33 ·
Jack Evans 187 said:
Thought I'd go ahead and post these here since they were in the indy dvd thread:

Unstoppable: The Best of Samoa Joe
vs. Sonjay Dutt - **3/4
vs. Delirious - **
vs. Chris Sabin - **** to ****1/4
vs. AJ Styles (Sacrifice '05) - ****1/2
Unbreakable 3-Way - *****
vs. Jushin Liger - ***
Elimination X (Genesis '05) - ***3/4
vs. AJ Styles (Turning Point '05) - *****
vs. Jay Lethal - **
vs. Christopher Daniels (Final Resolution '06) - ***3/4
The match against Jushin Liger was such a shame. It could have been absolutely amazing, however with it being only 7 or 8 minutes (or whatever it was) i don't think it could be anymore than ***.

#38 ·
Slammiversary is due out at the end of August at retail stores.

They haven't said if Victory Road will even be released in stores. Sacrifice is going to be a ShopTNA.com exclusive apparently, since they are selling it in their Victory Road PPV package. It looks like TNA may be reverting to only major PPVs getting national releases and everything else being online exclusives.

#42 ·
The Rabid said:
I'm hoping that Sacrifice '07 will be out in stores, because I've heard nothing but good things from it.

Is Lockdown 07 worth the buy? I know that the main event is supposed to be awesome.
Lockdown is probably the worst event of the whole year in TNA. Apart from the mainevent, which is still only about ***1/2, which is very low considering some of the talent in the match, the rest of the card, apart from Daniels/Lynn and the X Division Escape matches, which in themselves are only around ***, are poor.

Compared to the two previous years events, 2007 is definitely not worth a buy.

#43 ·
Anyone have some good TNA dvd recomendations? I dont own many as it is and was thinking about beefing up my collection since my WWE collection is overshadowing it by a mile. Are the AJ Styles best ofs worth buying?

#44 ·
Tad Finnegan said:
Anyone have some good TNA dvd recomendations? I dont own many as it is and was thinking about beefing up my collection since my WWE collection is overshadowing it by a mile. Are the AJ Styles best ofs worth buying?
Bound For Glory '05 and '06
Lockdown '06
The Best of Samoa Joe: Unstoppanle

Both Best of AJ Styles DVDs (Vol. 1 and 2) are definitely worth a buy. I think Vol. 2 is slightly better, but the 1st disc on the Vol. 1 is amazing. Get 2 ahead of 1 but eventually get both.

#47 ·
Dog_Bounty_Hunter said:
What does everyone rate Victory Road 2004, Turning Point 2004, and Lockdown 2005?
You should get it, the three pack I'm assuming. Voctory Road has an awesome X-Division Gauntlet and a very good Petey/AJ match. Turning Point is the best of the three, with one of the best matches in TNA history (XXX/AMW Cage) and a great Petey/Sabin match. Lockdown has the awesome AJ/Abyss match, a very good X-Scape match, and a few other other very solid matches.

Ready2Rumble said:
Which of the following shows should I get:
Slammiversery
No Surrender
Sacrifice

Which one is the best. As of now, Im thinking No Surrender.
What year?

#48 ·
Jack Evans 187 said:
You should get it, the three pack I'm assuming. Voctory Road has an awesome X-Division Gauntlet and a very good Petey/AJ match. Turning Point is the best of the three, with one of the best matches in TNA history (XXX/AMW Cage) and a great Petey/Sabin match. Lockdown has the awesome AJ/Abyss match, a very good X-Scape match, and a few other other very solid matches.

What year?

It was 05, during TNA's "Internet era" but nevermind, thanks anyways.

#50 ·
Someone posted this in the TNA Section, but the thread got closed, so:

A PREVIEW OF “DOOMSDAY: THE BEST OF ABYSS” – COMING JULY 31 ON DVD FROM TNA HOME VIDEO
By Bill Banks

Coming July 31 from TNA Home Video to major retailers everywhere is the DVD release of “Doomsday: The Best Of Abyss”.

“Doomsday: The Best Of Abyss” will feature eight complete matches (Warning: Viewer Discretion Is Advised!), along with a look at the shocking story behind the monster, rare family photos of Chris and his parents before he became Abyss, footage of his TNA debut, one of his first TNA matches and so much more. The DVD lineup is as follows:

MATCHES:

Destination X 2005: Abyss vs. Jeff Hardy (Final Assault)

Lockdown 2005: Abyss vs. AJ Styles (Six Sides Of Steel)

Bound For Glory 2005: Abyss vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Sabu vs. Rhino (Monster’s Ball 2)

Turning Point 2005: Abyss vs. Sabu (Barbed Wire Massacre)

Against All Odds 2006: Abyss vs. Rhino (Falls Count Anywhere)

Lockdown 2006: Abyss vs. Christian Cage (World Title Match)

Bound For Glory 2006: Abyss vs. Samoa Joe vs. Runt vs. Raven (Monster’s Ball 3)

Genesis 2006: Abyss vs. Sting (World Title Match)

THE STORY BEHIND “THE MONSTER”:

A look at the story behind the mysterious past of Abyss – from Christian Cage and Tomko revealing their “secret”, the wars between Sting and James Mitchell, all the way to the monster’s return from a gruesome attack at the hands of Cage and his army!

BONUS MATERIAL:

Profile Package on Abyss

The “Home Invasion” featuring Abyss and James Mitchell attacking Christian Cage at his home

Never-before-seen family photos of Chris before he became Abyss

TNA Wrestling action photo gallery

Bonus Match: The TNA Debut of Abyss and an early handicap match from 2003 that has never been broadcast on television

All this and much more on “Doomsday: The Best Of Abyss DVD” coming July 31 from TNA Home Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.