Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official Indy DVD Help Thread

937K views 16K replies 349 participants last post by  vivalabrave 
#1 · (Edited)
If you need help picking a ROH DVD(s) just post in here and we'll try and help the best that we can.

#8,684 ·
FIP is completely different from ROH. Despite the talent they use don't expect ROH quality matches because the audience FIP is geared towards is women and children and they don't want to see tremendously long matches like in ROH. HOwever, this has an upside because in FIP you get the traditional face and heel cheers. It isn't like in ROH and other Indys where faces get booed and heel cheered. Down in FIP the faces get cheered and the heels get booed.

#8,688 ·
Just bought GBH N2, Unified, GTGM, Vendetta, ROH, Joe/Punk II and the Best of the Briscoes. :D

FYF: Finale

Colt Cabana vs Delirious - ***
Sara Del Rey/Allison Danger vs Jetta/Eden Black - **
Falls Anywhere - Jimmy Jacobs vs BJ Whitmer - *** 1/4
Matt Sydal vs Pac - *** 1/2
Briscoe vs Briscoe - **** 1/2
Naruki Doi/SHINGO vs No Remorse Corps - ****
Nigel McGuinness vs Jimmy Rave - ****
Samoa Joe vs Homicide - *** 3/4

#8,689 ·
Can someone rate any, or all of these shows for me. Trying to decide wat to purchase ROH wise for the 10 dollar sale

Throwdown
Chi-Town Struggle
Showdown in Motown
WoC: Night 1
Destiny
In Your Face
Best of Roderick Strong
Homecoming
Fourth Anniversary Show
Survival of the Fittest 2005
Dissension
Unscripted II
How We Roll

Thanks for the help and rep to anyone who gives me a review. Not a full match card review, just an overall show review.

#8,692 ·
-Mystery- said:
FIP is completely different from ROH. Despite the talent they use don't expect ROH quality matches because the audience FIP is geared towards is women and children and they don't want to see tremendously long matches like in ROH. HOwever, this has an upside because in FIP you get the traditional face and heel cheers. It isn't like in ROH and other Indys where faces get booed and heel cheered. Down in FIP the faces get cheered and the heels get booed.
It's old school memphis type of wrestling. If you like old school wrestling, you'll like FIP.

#8,693 ·
I ordered Good Times Great Memories, Chi Town Struggle, and Fifth year Festival:NYC

$10 dvd sale and 10% off, total was $52

#8,694 ·
WORLD said:
Just bought GBH N2, Unified, GTGM, Vendetta, ROH, Joe/Punk II and the Best of the Briscoes. :D

FYF: Finale

Colt Cabana vs Delirious - ***
Sara Del Rey/Allison Danger vs Jetta/Eden Black - **
Falls Anywhere - Jimmy Jacobs vs BJ Whitmer - *** 1/4
Matt Sydal vs Pac - *** 1/2
Briscoe vs Briscoe - **** 1/2
Naruki Doi/SHINGO vs No Remorse Corps - ****
Nigel McGuinness vs Jimmy Rave - ****
Samoa Joe vs Homicide - *** 3/4
That's a pretty impressive order :eek:

#8,695 ·
I only ordered Ring of Homicide. Im a little tight on money this weeks as I just ordered Chris Canido Memorial Cup and CZW TOD 6 which cost me like 65. So I cancelled out my FIP DVD Ill pick most of them up the next $10 sale when Ive built up some paychecks and have a lot of money.

And StylinProfilin most people will tell you that you didnt make a great order besides GTGM. Not that Im gonna critisize it at all but most feel 5YF NY was one of the worst, you would have been better off with Chicago or the Liverpool shows(unless of course you already have them) and as fot ChiTown Struggle Ive never seen it but nobody brings it up when talking about the best $10 shows. But hey its your money :)

#8,702 · (Edited)
This is my very first review i've ever done here so let me know what you guys think about my ratings, compared to yours.

IWA-MS - February Fury 2007 - 2.23.07

Jack Thriller vs Diehard Dustin Lee - ** 1/2
BLKout (Sabian and Joker) vs Ash and Michael Elgin - *** 1/4
Brandon Thomaselli vs Billy Roc vs Devon Moore vs Vortekz - ***
Teddy Fine vs Z-Barr - Can't rate, didn't really watch it
CJ Otis vs Drake Younger (MMA Fight) - ** 3/4 way too short
Steve Corino vs Mickie Knuckles (Sherri Martel special ref) - ** 1/2 Not a whole lot of wrestling
Iron Saints vs Northstar Express (Torando Rules) - *** 1/2
Arik Cannon vs Low Ki - *** 3/4

Overall Show Rating - ***
Match Thoughts - Although there wasn't a lot of wrestling in the Corino/Knuckles deal it was great to see the late great Sherri Martel, and Corino talked on the mic for a while and said some pretty funny things to Mickie. The 2 main events were pretty good, and the undercard was pretty good overall.

#8,705 ·
X/L/AJ said:
I actually haven't seen this show but I find the Ki/Cannon rating hard to believe after the way Ian talked about it during the Q&A @ KOTDM. He said that was one of the reasons Cannon wasn't being brought back as it was quite bad and Low Ki considered it to be his worst match in a long time. He said Ki actually promises Ian that every match now will be better than his match vs Cannon. After hearing that I don't see how it could nearly be a 4 star match.
Yea, I guess I was a little generous with the rating, the match wasn't terrible by any means, besides one little slip on the rope by Ki, but I guess i'd switch it to about *** instead.

#8,707 ·
-Mystery- said:
Ki/Cannon was easily ****, yes you heard me right. The match has been terribly underrated by everyone. I felt it was a perfect follow up to their meeting in the TPI finals.
lol, strange coincidence eh? Somehow I don't think everyone could underrate it. Ian said it wasn't very good himself and Ki hated it so that should speak volumes right there. I guess I will see if I can find it to download somewhere as I didn't get that show but I am interested now.

#8,709 ·
X/L/AJ said:
lol, strange coincidence eh? Somehow I don't think everyone could underrate it. Ian said it wasn't very good himself and Ki hated it so that should speak volumes right there. I guess I will see if I can find it to download somewhere as I didn't get that show but I am interested now.
Sometimes wrestlers are their worst critics (no offense to Ki). I mean for instance, Mick Foley says his best match was against Orton from Backlash 2004. In my opinion, he's taken one too many shots to the skull. Hopefully you understand what I'm trying to say. No disrespect to Ki or Ian but they should leave the match ratings to the fans.

#8,710 ·
DWPunk said:
I upload it by tomorrow X/L/AJ
I found it. Thanks for offering though. :)

-Mystery- said:
Sometimes wrestlers are their worst critics (no offense to Ki). I mean for instance, Mick Foley says his best match was against Orton from Backlash 2004. In my opinion, he's taken one too many shots to the skull. Hopefully you understand what I'm trying to say. No disrespect to Ki or Ian but they should leave the match ratings to the fans.
Eh, maybe. I could see it though. I mean Cannon never really impresses me much unless he faces Hero. Plus I think Ki knows what's good. If he says it's his worst match in IWA-MS I tend to take his word for it. Plus I don't know how fans can be more right than wrestlers. Just a different opinion is all. I'll watch it tonight or tomorrow though and see for myself.

#8,711 ·
X/L/AJ said:
Eh, maybe. I could see it though. I mean Cannon never really impresses me much unless he faces Hero. Plus I think Ki knows what's good. If he says it's his worst match in IWA-MS I tend to take his word for it. Plus I don't know how fans can be more right than wrestlers. Just a different matter of opinion is all. I'll watch it tonight or tomorrow though and see for myself.
To be fair, he's set the bar pretty high as far as his matches are concerned. He's been so good that the match could easily be ranked in the bottom half of his IWA-MS matches.

#8,712 ·
DWPunk said:
This is my very first review i've ever done here so let me know what you guys think about my ratings, compared to yours.

IWA-MS - February Fury 2007 - 2.23.07

Jack Thriller vs Diehard Dustin Lee - ** 1/2
BLKout (Sabian and Joker) vs Ash and Michael Elgin - *** 1/4
Brandon Thomaselli vs Billy Roc vs Devon Moore vs Vortekz - ***
Teddy Fine vs Z-Barr - Can't rate, didn't really watch it
CJ Otis vs Drake Younger (MMA Fight) - ** 3/4 way too short
Steve Corino vs Mickie Knuckles (Sherri Martel special ref) - ** 1/2 Not a whole lot of wrestling
Iron Saints vs Northstar Express (Torando Rules) - *** 1/2
Arik Cannon vs Low Ki - *** 3/4

Overall Show Rating - ***
Match Thoughts - Although there wasn't a lot of wrestling in the Corino/Knuckles deal it was great to see the late great Sherri Martel, and Corino talked on the mic for a while and said some pretty funny things to Mickie. The 2 main events were pretty good, and the undercard was pretty good overall.
-BLKOUT vs. Pretty Unreals = **3/4 - Too many botches on Sabian's part, really killed the pace and flow to the match.
-CJ Otis vs. Drake Younger was a dude, period.
-Iron Saints vs. NSE wasn't anything too great, I'd say ***1/4.
-Cannon vs. Low Ki was the only match that put me to sleep the entire show. It was so god damn boring, the crowd reaction was terrible. Ian did the right thing in getting rid of Cannon. Between this match and his match against Erick Stevens at Hurt, he garnered zero reaction. Good riddance.

I'd say you're a little generous, this wasn't one of IWA-MS's better shows of the year. Decent undercard with a lot of let-downs for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.