Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official Indy DVD Help Thread

937K views 16K replies 349 participants last post by  vivalabrave 
#1 · (Edited)
If you need help picking a ROH DVD(s) just post in here and we'll try and help the best that we can.

#9,352 · (Edited)
Just put 2 orders in.
The first from ROH:
Shimmer vol 8
FIP cage of pain
ROH EOHB(debut show)
ROH FB 05
ROH SOH 1
ROH GBH IV night 2
ROH GTGM
ROH BOSP
The 2nd from SMV:
CZW NOI 4
CZW TOD 6
IWA-MS TPI 04
IWA-MS RSST 06
IWA-MS Joe/Necro 2
IWA-MS Point proven
IWA-MS Hurt07
Chikara best of 05
Chikara KOT night 3
Chikara YLC night 3
PWG nights 1-3 VHS

im very happy with those orders, my SMV order didnt change too much.

#9,355 ·
JD13 said:
Just put 2 orders in.
The first from ROH:
Shimmer vol 8
FIP cage of pain
ROH EOHB(debut show)
ROH FB 05
ROH SOH 1
ROH GBH IV night 2
ROH GTGM
ROH BOSP
The 2nd from SMV:
CZW NOI 4
CZW TOD 6
IWA-MS TPI 04
IWA-MS RSST 06
IWA-MS Joe/Necro 2
IWA-MS Point proven
IWA-MS Hurt07
Chikara best of 05
Chikara KOT night 3
Chikara YLC night 3
PWG nights 1-3 VHS

im very happy with those orders, my SMV order didnt change too much.
Looks like a solid order...damn do you have money :eek:

#9,356 ·
I need absolutely any recommendations for any NJPW, NOAH, or Dragon Gate DVDs from any year. I'm hopefully gonna make a large order sometime in the next week or two from IVP... Here's what I already have:

Wrestlejam
Dragon Gate 12/26/2005
Dragon Gate 12/27/2005
Dragon Gate 4/23/2006
NOAH 7/18/2005
NOAH 4/28/2007
NJPW 4/29/1996
NJPW 10/26/1996

#9,357 ·
Jack Evans 187 said:
I need absolutely any recommendations for any NJPW, NOAH, or Dragon Gate DVDs from any year. I'm hopefully gonna make a large order sometime in the next week or two from IVP... Here's what I already have:

Wrestlejam
Dragon Gate 12/26/2005
Dragon Gate 12/27/2005
Dragon Gate 4/23/2006
NOAH 7/18/2005
NOAH 4/28/2007
NJPW 4/29/1996
NJPW 10/26/1996
NOAH 4/10/04
NOAH 3/5/06
AJPW 4/18/04
NJPW 1/4/07
NJPW J Crown 96
DG 4/23/06

#9,358 ·
McQueen, gimme a list of the 20 best matches from buythematch...now! :D

I keed. But, really, I already got your 8 from an earlier post, do you have any other matches I need to see? Preferably anything involving Kobashi, Akiyama, and Vader.

#9,361 ·
Spartanlax said:
McQueen, gimme a list of the 20 best matches from buythematch...now! :D

I keed. But, really, I already got your 8 from an earlier post, do you have any other matches I need to see? Preferably anything involving Kobashi, Akiyama, and Vader.
there is a link in my sig sir, please read it.

I find Akiyama to be bland to be honest so I don't go out of my way to watch his matches, however around 2001-2002 he was hoping around from promotion to promotion in a bunch of tag matches and I've seen quite a few of them and they were good.

You go find yourself a list of things you want to watch and If I've seen it I'll let you know what I think. Go get some Jumbo matches :D

#9,362 ·
McQueen said:
NOAH 4/10/04
NOAH 3/5/06
AJPW 4/18/04
NJPW 1/4/07
NJPW J Crown 96
DG 4/23/06
Do you mean 7/10/04? If so I'm getting that next order. It's the dome show...
Added the NOAH show and J Crown to my list, already have the DG show...

MrPaiMei said:
NOAH 4/28/07
NOAH 6/3/07
NOAH 7/1/07
NOAH 7/15/07
DG 60
DG 64
DG 65
Will have the 2 DG PPVs next week so I'll let you know on those.
Already have 4/28, seen most of the other three NOAH shows, great stuff. I'm definitely adding KOBE World from this year to my list for whenever he gets it in...

#9,363 ·
Your sig link directs me to this page :(

I already got the 8 you posted a few weeks ago in this thread, if that's what you're trying to link through.

#9,364 ·
Jack Evans 187 said:
Do you mean 7/10/04? If so I'm getting that next order. It's the dome show...
Added the NOAH show and J Crown to my list, already have the DG show...
Personally, I enjoyed Departure 2004 (7-10 Dome show), more than Destiny. Destiny may have the all around more solid card but Departure has a mighty awesome upper card.

Also I forgot to add. (Best of) AJPW vs NJPW 2001 (1-4-01), aka WRESTLING WORLD 2001. It's a 6 man tournament for a vacated IWGP title (Kensuke Sasaki vacated it after losing a non title match to Kawada a few month's prior). Awesome all around show and all the Tourny matches are pretty damn good.

Tournament participants are:
Hiroyoshi Tenzan
Masahiro Chono
Kensuke Sasaki
Satoshi Kojima
Yuji Nagata
and some Kawada guy from All Japan. :D

Edit: Spartan it should bring you to page 897 of this thread. My link worked for me. :confused:

#9,366 ·
Cali, it's so worth it. Discs got to me within a week, guy is very nice, gave me a bonus match (I got every TM vs DK match he had 'cept the first one, cause I had it...so he just threw it on the comp for free). Also, the picture quality is PERFECT! I swear, the TM/DK matches, which are from the early 80s, look better than the matches from 2005/2006.

#9,367 ·
I bought a comp from buythematch and I didnt think it was that expensive. It was $22 for nine matches including shipping. I changed my order also. This is what I ended up getting.

Match (1): Kenta Kobashi vs. Mitsuharu Misawa (GHC Heavyweight Title) (3/1/03)
Match (2): Dragon Kid & Ryo Saito & Naoki Tanisaki & Anthony W. Mori vs. CIMA & Magnitude Kishiwada & Naruki Doi & Masato Yoshino (Captain's Fall Elimation Match) (1/27/06)
Match (3): Kenta Kobashi vs. Jun Akiyama (GHC Title) (7/10/04)
Match (4): Ultimo Dragon vs. Shinjiro Otani (8/4/96)
Match (5): Kenta Kobashi & Mitsuharu Misawa vs. Toshiaki Kawada & Akira Taue (Double Tag Titles) (6/9/95)
Match (6): Toshiaki Kawada vs. Mitsuharu Misawa (Triple Crown) (6/3/94)
Match (7): Dragon Kid vs. Susumu Yokosuka (Open the Dream Gate) (7/2/06)
Match (8): Toshiaki Kawada & Akira Taue vs. Mitsuharu Misawa & Jun Akiyama (Real World Tag League Finals) (12/6/96)
Match (9): CIMA & Naruki Doi & Don Fujii vs. Ryo Saito & Genki Horiguchi & Dragon Kid (Open the Triangle Gate) (7/3/05)

I heard these were all good. He said I would get it Monday so if you want me to review these, Spartan, I will.

#9,368 ·
^^^^ I 4 see ***** matches. :)

Spartanlax said:
Cali, it's so worth it. Discs got to me within a week, guy is very nice, gave me a bonus match (I got every TM vs DK match he had 'cept the first one, cause I had it...so he just threw it on the comp for free). Also, the picture quality is PERFECT! I swear, the TM/DK matches, which are from the early 80s, look better than the matches from 2005/2006.
I made a big Jumbo Tsuruta compilation from the guy a few weeks ago and I was watching part of it today and I was surprised how well the picture quality was. 1st match on my comp was Jumbo vs Terry Funk 2/3 for the NWA Title in '76 and the picture was as good as my most recent WWE DVD. The next match though looked like it was from a VHS but other than that they've been all good.

#9,370 ·
Spartanlax said:
Awesome. I'm mostly only interested in a few guys anyway, so it shouldn't cost that much.

#9,371 ·
I watched a couple Jumbo-Brody matches a little while ago that I really enjoyed, if he has any check it out as it differs from your regular "epic" Jumbo (the Misawa and TC matches). Brody was SO great. I really need to get my hands on that ***** Brody/Hansen-Funks match.

#9,373 ·
Toshiaki Kawada vs. Mitsuharu Misawa (Triple Crown) (6/3/94)
Great Muta vs. Hiroshi Hase (12/14/92)
Dynamite Kid vs. Tiger Mask (7/23/82)
Jushin Liger vs. Ultimo Dragon (12/13/95)
Mitsuharu Misawa vs. Kenta Kobashi (GHC Heavyweight Title) (3/1/03)
Mitsuharu Misawa vs. Toshiaki Kawada (Triple Crown) (6/6/97)
Vader vs. Mitsuharu Misawa (Triple Crown) (5/2/99)
Vader vs. Kenta Kobashi (1/15/99)
Keiji Muto & Scott Steiner & Rick Steiner vs. Masahiro Chono & Scott Hall & Kevin Nash (5/3/97)

^Probably gonna order that this weekend.

#9,376 ·
Future Star said:
Does anyone know the order the sales go for ROH? Im waiting for either a 25 or 30 % off sale...and want to know how long i have to wait
well they had a 30% for 4th of July and that's astounding because the only time i've ever seen a 30% was during Christmas of 06 and 05. they had a 25% sale before the 30% one and a Buy 3, Get 1 Free after the 30% one. so i'm not sure how soon it'll be till another 25% or B3G1 sale, but Death Before Dishonor is coming up in a couple weeks and i'm sure they'll have a big sale around then.

-------------

dman, Spartan, or Caligula, i've never heard of buythematch.com. is it basically you just pick out matches you want for a certain price and then they'll put them all on one dvd for you?

also, how much is a match usually?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.