Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official Indy DVD Help Thread
View Single Post
post #7324 of (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 03:36 PM
ROH
Claudio.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: Official Indy DVD Help Thread

I would DEFINATELY go with Liverpool. I haven't seen both (all 3 are in the mail, Chicago, Finale and Liverpool) but my vote still goes with Liverpool.

You have Briscoes/Shingo and Doi, which was said to be easily ****+, and although being different could be better than the 2/24 tag title match (Sydal and Daniels aren't a very good team IMO).

You have Joe/Nigel in the great match they finally can have, which from live reports sounds very insane and emotional at the end.

You've also got Strong/PAC, Sydal/Delirious and Cide/Davey to back it up. And its the UK crowd, said to be hotter at the Liverpool show than the Finale one, because they tired themselves out too much at the Liverpool one!

P.S. Sorry Spartanlax

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ROH Fifth Year Festival: Dayton

1. Nigel McGuinness & Colt Cabana vs. Jimmy Jacobs & Brent Albright - ***1/4 - ***1/2 (good work over period and long, hot finishing sequence)

2. Jimmy Rave vs. Sterling James Keenan - *1/2 (Meh)

3. Lacey vs. Daizee Haze - **1/2 - **3/4 (Solid women's match, had a feud behind it)

4. Homicide vs. Christopher Daniels vs. Jay Briscoe (Three Way Dance) - ***1/2 (Really good 3 way, non stop action (like a sprint))

5. Matt Sydal vs. Austin Aries (Dragon Gate Open The Brave Gate Championship) - ***1/2 (Really good match, faster pace than I expected/had read of)

6. Tank Toland vs. Mitch Franklin - 3/4* (Meh squash)

7. Roderick Strong vs. Shingo vs. Claudio Castagnoli vs. Mark Briscoe vs. Matt Cross vs. Pelle Primeau (Six Man Mayhem Match) - ***3/4_**** (Amazing non stop action, tons of great spots)

8. Samoa Joe vs. Davey Richards - ***3/4 (really good match, very stiff)

9. Takeshi Morishima vs. BJ Whitmer (ROH World Title Match) - ***1/2 (Good match that told a good story)

Overall show thoughts: Very good show. Better than FYF: Philly. Nothing to really go out of your way to see, but a very solid card, with LOADS of great ***1/2 matches. I heard some pretty average reviews of this, but overall I was pleasantly surprised with the show, lots of things came put really good.

Overall score: 8/10.

Last edited by ROH; 04-28-2007 at 04:32 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome