Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Being The Booker

View Single Post

Old 04-13-2004, 02:51 PM   #143 (permalink)
Wolf Beast
IT'S YERSEL!!

Wolf Beast has posts worth readingWolf Beast has posts worth readingWolf Beast has posts worth readingWolf Beast has posts worth readingWolf Beast has posts worth readingWolf Beast has posts worth readingWolf Beast has posts worth readingWolf Beast has posts worth readingWolf Beast has posts worth readingWolf Beast has posts worth readingWolf Beast has posts worth reading
Default RAW- The Fall out from SummerSlam. (sorry it's late)

RAW ; August 23rd 2004; Vancouver

Highlights are shown of the RAW action at SummerSlam

Opening video
Pyro

J.R: We are off the back of the hottest event of the Summer last night, SummerSlam was off the charts. Champions were crowned, but none more so deserved than Chris Jericho, who last night became the NEW World Heavyweight Champion after making Randy Orton submit to the Walls of Jericho.

King: Yeah, but lets not leave out the point that it was only due to interference from Mick Foley!! An impartial GM? More like a jealous old man J.R.

J.R: More on that later folks, but right now -

J.R is interrupted by the Evolution music.

J.R: What the hell??

Evolution make their way to the ring, all three are clearly angry. Orton takes the microphone.
Orton: Mick Foley, get out here right now, you mutilated freak, come on Mick, we know you’re here, show your face….

Foleys music hits. He stands at the top of the ramp as Orton signals for Foley to bring it on. Foley then takes the microphone.

Foley: Now Randy, I realise that you’re perhaps a little frustrated about losing the Heavyweight Title last night, but if you want to blame anyone, then perhaps you should look at the two men in the ring. That’s right, your buddies, Ric Flair and Batista. Remember Randy, I warned all three of you, that I wouldn’t tolerate you three cheating at SummerSlam, I banned your team mates from ringside, but they didn’t listen, so I decided to take matters into my own hands. I wasn’t gonna just sit and watch as you three just ruined a great match. These people don’t want to see that every week, and especially last night……

Flair cuts in

Flair: Cut the crap Foley!! You are jealous of us. You’re jealous of EVOLUTION!! You just couldn’t bear to see Randy Orton hold the World’s Title!! You screwed Randy Orton out of the Title!!

Foley: I think that’s a little inaccurate. I mean I wasn’t the one who made Randy Orton tap out to the Walls of Jericho!!

You tapped out chants begin in the arena, and this makes Orton irate.

Orton: Shut up, shut up all of you. SHUT UP YOU CANUCKS!!

Crowd Boo’s, and then they begin to call Orton an asshole.

Foley: I hope you realise Randy, that right now, Vancouver thinks you are an asshole!!!

Crowd cheers.

Foley: Now I kinda figured that you guys would be pretty upset tonight, so what I done earlier today to make up for things was sign a match for tonight. You see Chris Jericho is gonna defend his newly won WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP, right here tonight, in Vancouver (crowd pops), against Evolution’s ….BATISTA!!! Have a nice day!!

Orton is irate in the ring as Batista is shocked about having a title shot tonight.

Commercial

We return with the arrival of Chris Jericho to a huge ovation from the crowd.

1st Match:
Cade & Jindrak vs. O’Haire & Palumbo
Finish: The two teams battle evenly throughout the contest, with Cade & Jindrak taking the advantage, but Palumbo fights back quickly and tags his partner. O’Haire then cleans house, and whips Cade into the Jungle kick from Palumbo. He then goes up top for the Swanton Bomb, but Jindrak pushes him off the top to the floor.
Palumbo then fights with Jindrak in the ring, but Cade takes Palumbo from behind and gets a school boy. He grabs the tights for the three count and the cheap victory.

Evolution chat in their locker room about tonight’s match. Orton says that the match shouldn’t be happening as he was robbed of the title at SummerSlam. He says he doesn’t mean to disrespect Batista, but really it should be a rematch for Orton tonight, but as long as Evolution have the title, it’s all good.

Interview with Chris Jericho. He talks about finally proving all his doubters wrong, and proving that he is not a one time wonder. He then says it’s ironic that he lost the Undisputed Title at Sky Dome, and then won the World Title at Sky Dome. Jericho then says that it’s even more ironic that tonight, after defeating an Evolution member for the title, he gets to make another one tap in his first defence.

Edge, Christian and Trish chat. They talk about all three of them retaining their titles at Summer Slam, and then they talk about Trish giving an Open challenge to any Woman on the Smackdown roster to face her one on one at Clash of the Champions.

2nd Match: Intercontinental Championship Match:
Sting vs. Christopher Nowinski w/Molly Holly
(Before Sting enters, Nowinski bad mouths the crowd and also the fact that Sting hides behind face paint. He is about to keep talking, but Sting cuts him off and the match begins)
Finish: Sting goes to work early on Nowinski, with a number of chops, kicks and punches. He hit’s a DDT for a two count. Nowinski comes back with a chop block and begins to work on the leg of Sting. He locks in Stings finishing move, the Scorpion Deathlock, but Sting makes the ropes. He then fights back and hit’s a suplex, and then a number of Stinger Splashes to the challenger. Sting then goes for a power bomb, but Nowinski fights out, and rolls up Sting. He gets a hand full of tights, but Sting still kicks out. Nowinski goes for a clothesline, but Sting ducks and spears down Nowinski. Sting then locks in the Deathlock and Nowinski has no option but to tap out.

A limo pulls up outside the arena and J.R and King wonder who could be inside. The driver steps out and opens the door. We see the person step out of the limo to a huge gasp, as we then see that it is VINCE MC MAHON!!

Commercial

Mr. McMahon’s music hits and we see the chairman of the board make his way to the ring. He is visibly angry as he takes the mic. He shouts for someone to cut the music. He then begins to talk.

“Last night, at SummerSlam, I was EMBARRASSED!! I was embarrassed by what you people would refer to as an icon, a Canadian hero. That man that I am referring to is the General Manager of SmackDown, BRET HART!!”
(Fans cheer, and begin a long Bret, Bret, Bret, Bret chant.)

“SHUT UP!!!!” (More Bret chants. Eventually they die down and Vince begins to talk again)

“That man made a fool out of me, Brock Lesnar, and Paul Heyman. Well this is a message for you Bret. If you think that screwing me over was a good idea, so these people will love you again, then you have made a HUGE mistake. Don’t forget who the boss is around here. If I wanted to, I could fire your ass right here right now!!” (BOOS) “But I don’t want to do that. No, the way I see it, is that one day Bret, I will have the last laugh. I will make you look like a fool. Just like in Montreal back in ‘97!!”
(BOOS)
“One day Bret, don’t forget, I may not be allowed back on SmackDown, but I can turn up at any PPV, and boy, there are a lot coming up. That brings me to my next point. As you all may be aware by now, next month from the Nassau Coliseum on September 12th, WWE will present it’s first ever Clash of the Champions PPV.
As you all know, it will be a RAW vs. SmackDown event. But what types of matches will you see? Well, at that event, you will see DREAM matches, that you never thought you would see. It’s gonna be World Heavyweight Champion vs. WWE Champion, Intercontinental Champion vs. United States Champion, Tag Champions vs. Tag Champions. All sorts of matches.
And for the first time EVER, there will be a McMahon’s choice match, in which I will choose a RAW superstar to take on a Smackdown superstar in a match stipulation, OF MY CHOICE!! Plus the Main event at Clash of the Champions will be 5 Superstars from RAW vs. 5 Superstars from SmackDown, in a 10 Man Tag Team match. The two GM’s will make his five choices over the next week or so for the match. And next week, right here on RAW, I will name the Superstars of my choice to meet at the event. Thank you and goodnight.”

J.R and King then talk about that Earth shattering announcement from Mr. McMahon. They talk about all the matches he has just announced and who may be competing in the matches. They then talk about SummerSlam being the greatest of all time and then show a video package of the event.

Backstage, Chris Jericho is congratulated on his title win at SummerSlam from many of the RAW superstars.

Commercial

3rd Match:
Gail Kim & Victoria vs. Jazz & Molly Holly
Finish: In a pretty boring match, Jazz and Molly control Victoria for the most part until she tags in Gail. Gail cleans house and goes mad, still in rage from her defeat at SummerSlam. She looks set to hit’s a moonsault off the top, but she is then distracted by the presence of Trish Stratus. She jumps down and goes after Trish, meanwhile, she leaves Victoria in a two on one situation, and Jazz applies the STF for the tap out victory. Gail tries to break the hold, but is too late as the match is over. Trish walks up the ramp, laughing at Gail.

Backstage, we see Kane. He is pacing around and then decides to barge into Mick Foleys office. He tells Foley that SummerSlam wasn’t a proper match, as he didn’t have to be pinned. Foley tells him that he agreed to the match and really has no rights to a rematch. Kane then says he wants one more match with HBK, a match where Michaels cant run, or hide, a match that will settle the score once and for all. Foley then says that he will sign next weeks main event for RAW to be Kane vs. Shawn Michaels - in a STEEL CAGE MATCH!!!! Kane smiles and tells Foley he’s on.

Commercial

We return with Edge & Christian in the ring. They talk about retaining the titles last night, and then say that as they have brought back the Conchairto, then now is a good time to bring back the 5 Second pose!! This gets a pretty good response from the crowd. They then say that they have a perfect pose for tonight, of the chumps that they beat last night at SummerSlam. Edge then puts on a wig of dreadlocks and puts on a glove, and Christian puts on a gold shirt, and mask. Edge then says that this is for the benefit of those with flash photography….Edge gets on one knee and looks to the hand with the glove on, as Christian rubs himself as Goldust would do. Then Booker T and Goldust come in through the crowd and stand behind E & C. They do the exact same poses and then wait for the champs to turn around. When they do, Booker and Goldust kick ass. They leave E & C laying as they hoist up the tag titles.

Backstage, Mr. McMahon and Foley go face to face. Vince tells Foley to keep up the good work and that he at least has one GM to be proud of. Foley says nothing as he doesn’t trust Vince at all.

4th Match: Hardcore Championship Match:
Rhyno vs. Tommy Dreamer
(Before the match, we are told that RVD is currently in hospital, recovering from his injuries at SummerSlam)
Finish: Tommy gives his all in a fascinating Hardcore encounter. He hits Rhyno with trashcans and stop signs and a DDT off the top rope, but eventually, Rhyno comes out on top and decimates Dreamer, before finishing him with a Gore.

Commercial

Flair - Foley showdown, Foley tells Flair that tonight, if Evolution disobey his orders and interfere in the main event, then he will suspend all three of them for a long, long, time.

Rhyno interview. He talks about being the most dominant force on RAW in the last six weeks and then challenges the winner of the Jericho - Batista match to face him next week with the title on the line, if they have the guts. Jericho interrupts. He tells Rhyno that when he defeats Batista tonight, he will have no worries about taking down the man beast next week.

Booker and Goldust chat, they say that if Edge and Christian can disrespect them, then they can disrespect Edge and Christian.

Batista prepares for his title match up next.

Commercial

Main Event: World Heavyweight Championship Match:
Chris Jericho vs. Batista
Overview: Jericho uses his speed to his advantage early on by ducking Batista’s early power moves, and landing with his own moves. He hit’s a dropkick, and a fore arm for a two count. Batista then hit’s a fierce clothesline on the champion. He then begins to dominate Jericho with a huge power slam, and then a superplex. He goes for a Powerbomb, but Jericho fights out. Y2J bounces off the ropes but walks right into a SpineBuster. 1...2...KICK OUT!! Batista then goes to work on the back of Jericho. He hit’s a number of elbows, and kicks as well as a hard suplex and a back drop. He applies an abdominal stretch, but Jericho eventually fights out. He then hit’s a bulldog and goes for the lionsault, but Batista gets the knees up. He then hit’s a the sit out Powerbomb, 1...2...FOOT ON THE ROPE. Batista is irate. He goes for another, but Jericho rolls through and gets a roll up, 1...2...KICK OUT! Batista tries a clothesline, but Jericho ducks and hit’s the Breakdown, 1...2...KICK OUT!!! Jericho then goes up top and tries a splash, but Batista catches him. Jericho rolls throu8gh, and applies the Walls of Jericho. Batista taps and Jericho retains!!!!!
Jericho celebrates in the ring, but Evolution then run to the ring. They begin a three on one attack on Jericho. Foley then runs to the ring. He tries to help Jericho, but the numbers become too much. Orton nails Foley with the RKO. He then goes to the outside and picks up a chair. He hits Jericho and then lays out Foley with four chair shots, and another RKO, this time onto the chair.
The three Evolution members stand tall in the ring as the show goes off the air.

Apologies for posting late. I was away for the weekend. Smackdown will be up tomorrow. Replies would be grateful. Thanks.