Wrestling Forum banner

Stephanie McMahon vs. Brie Bella (STEPHANIE RETURNS TO THE RING TO FACE BRIE MODE)

68K views 651 replies 316 participants last post by  GGGGGGGG_G_UNIT 
#1 · (Edited)

Brie Bella vs. Stephanie McMahon

Stephanie McMahon will compete in her first match in more than a decade when she answers the challenge of newly rehired former Divas Champion Brie Bella at SummerSlam.

One of the principal owners of WWE, as well as a former Women’s Champion, Stephanie reluctantly agreed to the match in exchange for Brie dropping charges of aggravated battery. The charges stemmed from a July 21 incident in which Stephanie slapped Brie, who was attending Raw as a member of the WWE Universe.

The slap, Stephanie says, was simply a response to the one Brie gave her at WWE Payback, which was the same night that the Bella Twin — facing the likely scenario of being fired by Stephanie — quit WWE. Prior to her quitting, The Authority had made clear its intentions of making life difficult for Brie and her husband, injured then-WWE World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan.

Since WWE Payback, Bryan — whose injury was worse than originally feared — has been stripped of the title, and Stephanie has continued making life miserable for Brie by targeting those closest to her, namely twin sister Nikki. Stephanie repeatedly arranged for Nikki to compete in lopsided Handicap Matches, which invariably ended with Nikki being beaten down. Unable to continue watching her sister get placed into one disadvantageous situation after another, and offended by Stephanie’s suggestion that Brie abandoned Nikki, Brie let loose on the WWE principal owner on July 21, calling her “vindictive.”

Now that she has been forced back into action, how will Stephanie McMahon respond when she steps in the ring against Brie at SummerSlam? The Billion Dollar Princess hasn’t fought in a sanctioned bout since No Mercy 2003. Will she be prepared for the acutely focused rage of Brie and make the former Divas Champion regret ever undermining her authority? Or will Brie, finding motivation in the way Stephanie treated Nikki and Daniel Bryan, unleash a fury the likes of which we’ve never seen from her?

Don’t miss history in the making when Stephanie McMahon returns to competition against Brie Bella at SummerSlam, live on WWE Network and pay-per-view Sunday, Aug. 17, at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT!​
http://www.wwe.com/shows/summerslam/2014/brie-bella-vs-stephanie-mcmahon-26525499

whatever

See less See more
1 1
#80 ·
Re: Worst final segment of Raw I've ever seen

Really WWE??? For a pre Summerslam Raw, you got me staying up until 1:45 in the morning watching my DVRed Raw after work... FOR A BRIE BELLA SEGMENT!?!?!?!?? :cuss:

I'm not watching Raw next week now out of spite.
What didn't you like about the Steph/Brie segment? I thought it was a great... a lot better than a finishing match ending in a DQ as per usual.

#145 ·

I'm astonished by the amount of hate towards this Raw ending. For ONCE, they decide to do something different and push the females on their flagship show and you guys just shit on it. When's the last time a female feud closed the show? Trish and Lita 10 years ago?

I'm sorry Raw didn't end with Kane chokeslamming somebody.

EDIT: By the way, worst Raw ending segment I've personally ever seen was Cena humiliating Cole.

#160 ·

I'm astonished by the amount of hate towards this Raw ending. For ONCE, they decide to do something different and push the females on their flagship show and you guys just shit on it. When's the last time a female feud closed the show? Trish and Lita 10 years ago?

I'm sorry Raw didn't end with Kane chokeslamming somebody.

EDIT: By the way, worst Raw ending segment I've personally ever seen was Cena humiliating Cole.
Wow females close the show I should be so happy. Despite the fact that I dislike both people in the ring and it isn't even in the top 10000000 rivalries I want to see...Do something different by doing something good...Not just a gender swap

#223 ·

Fuck. you people bitch about everything, guess some of you do have friends called mark. Last segment was brilliant and I'm glad women are getting a legitimate shine without thing teases and all that bs.there are 3 individual diva programs I don't think I ever seen that.

When Stephanie faked cried and slapped her,that was good stuff, the match will probably suck but that was good stuff

#479 ·
Re: Brie: "Then... I will see you in court!"

I have more of a problem with Brie always yelling the last word of each SENTENCE!!!
same here she cant pronounce any line like a normal person would. that why i cringe everytime they have her on the screen. she doesnt sell it just says the line same way she always done. stephanie makes her look better. steph a pro although i dont like steph myself she at least sells her segments

#130 ·

You're right OP.

Why can't they do something original for a change, like a Cena/Reigns/Orton/Kane tag team match?
Ha! This I agree with. It's almost like whenever WWE strays away from the norm, it's shit on, then, when it is repetetive, it's shit on.

I enjoyed this segment for what it was, whatever. I don't enjoy a segment more or less based on what time on the show it goes on. Please. At least this is something we haven't seen before like the beatdowns, run-ins to end matches etc that usually end Raw.

#94 · (Edited)

Stephanie & Brie have done good jobs in the storyline tbf. Should it be closing Raw? Not in a million years. If people thought that promo was bad, the match itself at Summerslam will be a train-wreck of epic proportions.

The problem that I have with this whole thing is that if Stephanie is to get back in the ring, it should be against the top diva, not one of the fucking Bella twins. Stephanie/AJ, I'd be fine with. Someone that could carry her to a somewhat tolerable match. Brie though? She's not bad. She's just as average wrestler, but I have been impressed with her promo work for the most part.

I just wish they'd put as much attention and work into the actual divas division instead of a one-time match for Stephanie and someone who isn't good enough to be Divas Champion.

#109 ·

The problem that I have with this whole thing is that if Stephanie is to get back in the ring, it should be against the top diva, not one of the fucking Bella twins. Stephanie/AJ, I'd be fine with. Someone that could carry her to a somewhat tolerable match. Brie though? She's not bad. She's just as average wrestler, but I have been impressed with her promo work for the most part.
AJ is already an established worker, why would she need this sort of rub? She has already had the luxury of being featured in the main event echelon for several months in the past. Instead, other divas are being given the opportunity to take the ball and run with it. The creative team ended up making a smart decision, because in the long term stars are being created in Nikki and Brie, which means more than one diva that audiences have a vested interest in, more than one diva who has the leverage to put over younger talent, etc. I don't see the issue.

I just wish they'd put as much attention and work into the actual divas division instead of a one-time match for Stephanie and someone who isn't good enough to be Divas Champion.
Have you been living under a rock for the past couple of months? There are three other ongoing programs in the women's division in addition to the Bellas/Stephanie. How you could say that the division is not getting enough exposure is beyond me.

#112 ·

It was a great segment of the best storyline with the best heel in the business right now.
Lot of you marks crying about vince with his unmovable ideas about wrestling, god damn you're worse.
The midcard is red fucking hot ATM, nice to see the wwe spread the spotlight around.

#149 ·

Why? Because the woman were in the ring instead of in the kitchen?

It was clearly the biggest development that happened on Raw last night. Why wouldn't it be the last segment?

lol @ saying you aren't going to watch next week btw.

Reactions: NeyNey
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.