Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Renegade™ & PARANoIR Present: WWE 2006

View Single Post

Old 03-05-2007, 11:04 PM   #673 (permalink)
Snap
Snap? I LOVE that guy

Snap is an after thought
Default Re: WWE 2006 by Renegade™

EDIT: My clock said 11:55 when I posted this.

With only a few minutes to spare, I have fulfilled my personal promise to you to have a review up by Monday. Ha and it looks like my first review comes in the form of a PPV event, should be interesting.

Haas vs. AJ is unique, although I don’t know any of the build behind it. Fun enough match with plenty of high risk maneuvers such as that awesome Sit Out Power Bomb counter and a Sunset Flip, and some technical prowess thrown in as well. AJ wins the match and Intercontinenal Championship in the process. Should be interesting to see what you do with both men from here. I would’ve loved this as a real life opener, so this shows off to a good start.

The NAO - Stryker stuff was ridiculous but funny.

Second match sees the Tag Championships on the line. A bit odd IMO to have two title matches in a row but IMO not a big deal. I always liked Jindrak and Cade as a Tag Team (unlike Cade and Murdoch, in which I think “horrible” would be an improvement) and as a heels I think they would have made great tag champs.

Monty Brown and Coach is a unique paring, although I know Monty can promo quite well so he really doesn’t need a manager IMO.

Monty Brown beats Carlito, good. All interest in Carlito was lost a year ago IMO, and he’s completely bland and his “girlfriend“ only makes him that much worse. Monty on the other hand is still interesting and I look forward to seeing what you do with him in this thread.

Rhino vs. Hardcore Holly in a match invented in TNA, not to mention storyline wise by Raven. Strange. Decent enough however and Foley as referee adds interest. I have no idea what the deal is with SD lockerroom coming out so I won’t comment. Good to see Rhino win with the gore as Hardcore Holly is completely uninteresting and nothing more then enhancement talent.

What is the deal behind this Triple Threat? You don’t usually see these kind of matches without something on the line and from the looks of things there isn’t anything up for grabs. Christian winning is cool, although I’m personally a Van Dam mark. However pushing Captain Charisma seems to be the thing to do these days in BTB for most people.

The Rock - Austin promo was a tad out of character IMO.

John Cena beats Kane. Another good decision. Kane is boring for the most part IMO and really a glorified jobber whereas Cena is the biggest thing money wise that WWE has right now. I don’t know if you’re a Cena hater or whatnot (guessing not since you put him over) but I hope you use him right, and that’s as an Main Eventer.

Interesting idea for a mixed tag. Edge rules so its cool that Lita and he went over, and I hope this leads into what could be an awesome Rock/Edge singles program.

The ME was AWESOME. The Vince/HBK stuff was great, the match was great, HBK kicking Vince and Jack Doan was well done and finally Triple H catching Michaels with two pedigrees to secure the victory. Confused as to if he won the belt or retained, guessing won by JR’s reaction although you wrote “Retains WWE Championship” at the end. Should be interesting to see where the Shawn Michaels/Vince McMahon stuff goes from here.

All in all, I’m impressed and will be back for another dose. 9/10.

Hollerz.
Who in TNA creative has the testicular fixation? Samoa Joe lost 2 PPV main events in a row because of Ball shots. Jay Lethal lost this week due to a ball shot. Matt Morgan got laid out with a Ball shot to set up the finish on the pole match. Kong should be World Champ based solely on the fact that she isn’t susceptible to ball shots.