Wrestling Forum banner

PWG's 2014 Battle of Los Angeles *spoilers in this thread only pls. if not you die*

42K views 407 replies 72 participants last post by  Goyle 
#1 · (Edited)
Three nights. 24 participants. The 2014 Battle of Los Angeles takes place on August 29th/30th/31st!

Night 1 - August 29

Young Bucks & Adam Cole vs. Men of Low Moral Fiber & Zack Sabre, Jr.

Bad Influence vs. Inner City Machine Guns vs. World's Cutest Tag Team

BOLA Matches
Kyle O'Reilly vs. Drew Gulak
Bobby Fish vs. TJ Perkins
Biff Busick vs. Roderick Strong
Michael Elgin vs. Tommaso Ciampa
Trevor Lee vs. Cedric Alexander
AJ Styles vs. Brian Meyers (Curt Hawkins)

Night 2 - August 30

Young Bucks vs. Bad Influence

reDRagon vs. Drew Gulak & Biff Busick

BOLA Matches
ACH vs. Kenny Omega
Adam Cole vs. Zack Sabre, Jr.
Rich Swann vs. Candice LeRae
Chuck Taylor vs. Johnny Gargano
Chris Hero vs. Matt Sydal
Chris Sabin vs. Ricochet

See less See more
#255 ·
Yeah I'm not a big AR Fox fan.

I understand Elgin being there as he is a high-profile star on the indies.

And I wish Brian Cage would just go to TNA. Just go.

#256 ·
Is Elgin, Ciampa and AR Fox really over in Reseda though? That crowd fucking goes crazy for everyone. But IMO the guys who get the smallest reactions besides the pointless tag teams like ppRay and RockNES are Elgin and Ciampa. Fox is a bit above them but only because of his high spots.

Cage I agree with, he's over. Either way...the only thing that can ruin this tournament is Elgin going deep again. He's fucking made it to the finals back to back years. Hopefully he loses in the first round.

I'll be so disappointed if guys like Gulak/Busick/Sydal/ZSJ are eliminated in the first round and fucking Elgin makes the finals. I understand they're new to PWG but they're all 4000x the wrestler.

#262 ·
That's on July 26th.

Night 1

2014 Battle of Los Angeles First Round Match
Brian Cage vs. AR Fox

Cedric Alexander vs. Trevor Lee

Biff Busick vs. Roderick Strong

Tommaso Ciampa vs. Michael Elgin

Brian Myers vs. AJ Styles

Drew Gulak vs. Kyle O'Reilly

Non-Tournament Six-Person Tag Team Match
The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson) & Adam Cole vs. Best Friends of Low Moral Fiber (Kenny Omega, Chuck Taylor, & Trent?)

Non-Tournament Three-Way Tag Team Match
Inner City Machine Guns (Ricochet & Rich Swann) vs. World's Cutest Tag Team (Candice LeRae & Joey Ryan)
vs. Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian

Night 2

Johnny Gargano vs. Chuck Taylor

Rich Swann vs. Trent?

Adam Cole vs. Zack Sabre, Jr.

Ricochet vs. Chris Sabin

Chris Hero vs. Matt Sydal

ACH vs. Kenny Omega

Non-Tournament Tag Team Match
Biff Busick & Drew Gulak vs. Unbreakable F'N Machines (Brian Cage & Michael Elgin)

Non-Tournament Tag Team Match
Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian vs. The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson)
Those look like 2 incredible nights. That being said it sucks that it doesn't look like Joey and Candice will be on Night 2. I was kind of hoping they would go into BOLA as the tag champions but with them not being on Night 2 I'm not sure if that will be the case.

#267 ·
I won't say I'm happy about Fox not being on the card until I see who replaces him. I don't really hate him as much as a lot of you guys. All the criticism about him is totally valid but he can be fun to watch and does all sorts of cool stuff. And when he bothces it looks like he should die but he somehow doesn't which is also pretty cool. I honestly do enjoy him in a tag team setting where the fact that he just does big moves can be hidden when he's the hot tag. I'll admit he doesn't do much for me in singles matches though.

I'm also the leading expert on all things AR Fox because I saw him wrestle a dozen matches in about a month and a half time frame.
Best of the Best (3 matches)
Evolve Tournament at WM Weekend (3 matches)
CZW at Wrestlcon (1)
DGUSA at Wrestlecon (1)
WSU Mixed Tag Tournament (3)
CZW show after the tournament (1)

So yeah I watched a dozen AR Fox matches live in person in such a short period of time. Therefore everything I say about him must be taken as truth and until you have such an absurd experience and have AR Fox literally land in your lap at a show at least once (which is another reason I like him) then can't even argue with me.

I know Candice has a match and everything already but they should really put here in the tournament if she won't be a tag champion when it happens.

#280 ·
GO ROT! I still find it hard to truly feel like he is on the East Coast until more promotions start booking him. It is probably true but at the same time how is he not getting ALL the bookings if so? Yet he is getting flown to the West Coast somewhat regularly where I have to believe he isn't drawing in enough fans to counter a flight. What I'm really saying is he should be getting bookings on the East Coast since he lives here. Popping up once a month in places is not enough.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.