Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official Indy DVD Help Thread

View Single Post

Old 01-02-2007, 06:29 PM   #5050 (permalink)
MBL
Forever Blowing Bubbles!

MBL MBL MBL MBL MBL MBL MBL MBL MBL MBL MBL
Default Re: Official ROH DVD Help Thread

Watching Joe vs. Danielson to complete my Fight Of The Century ratings in a minute. In the mean time I have a few short comments on Richards/Kenta....

I watched this match yesterday, expecting a solid match going by other reviews I have read, I got a great match!

Most of the opening exchanges were kick combination with both men playing the stiff game but as the match developed it turned into so much more than that. I could really feel the teahcer vs. student concept behind the match, everything Kenta would do, Davey would come back and do it just as well. The last 5 minutes are as good as any 5 minutes of action I have seen in wrestling this year, any time, any promotion. They went all out and delivered several near falls that had me on the edge of my seat throughout because I had forgotten the result. Finally Kenta puts an end to one hell of a match with Go To Sleep, not the best executed version I have seen but it still got the job done.

Overall, one of the most exciting, fun to watch matches this year. It lacked a little bit of variety of wrestling styles, there was no mat wrestling or high flying techniques but in my opinion, the match didn't need it to be great. I was deabting between ****1/4 and ****1/2, I'm still not certain but I will go with ****1/4.

What did you guys think of this match?