Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official Indy DVD Help Thread

View Single Post

Old 01-02-2007, 06:29 PM   #5050 (permalink)
MBL
Forever Blowing Bubbles!

MBL better hope they're relatively new hereMBL better hope they're relatively new hereMBL better hope they're relatively new hereMBL better hope they're relatively new hereMBL better hope they're relatively new hereMBL better hope they're relatively new hereMBL better hope they're relatively new hereMBL better hope they're relatively new hereMBL better hope they're relatively new hereMBL better hope they're relatively new hereMBL better hope they're relatively new here
Default Re: Official ROH DVD Help Thread

Watching Joe vs. Danielson to complete my Fight Of The Century ratings in a minute. In the mean time I have a few short comments on Richards/Kenta....

I watched this match yesterday, expecting a solid match going by other reviews I have read, I got a great match!

Most of the opening exchanges were kick combination with both men playing the stiff game but as the match developed it turned into so much more than that. I could really feel the teahcer vs. student concept behind the match, everything Kenta would do, Davey would come back and do it just as well. The last 5 minutes are as good as any 5 minutes of action I have seen in wrestling this year, any time, any promotion. They went all out and delivered several near falls that had me on the edge of my seat throughout because I had forgotten the result. Finally Kenta puts an end to one hell of a match with Go To Sleep, not the best executed version I have seen but it still got the job done.

Overall, one of the most exciting, fun to watch matches this year. It lacked a little bit of variety of wrestling styles, there was no mat wrestling or high flying techniques but in my opinion, the match didn't need it to be great. I was deabting between ****1/4 and ****1/2, I'm still not certain but I will go with ****1/4.

What did you guys think of this match?