Wrestling Forum banner

Backstage news on WWE's main goal for doing a feud between Evolution and the Shield

29K views 314 replies 147 participants last post by  tbp82 
#1 ·
Triple H vs. Roman Reigns rumored for SummerSlam

The main goal of WWE doing a feud between The Shield and Evolution is to push Roman Reigns as a top player and to get him into a singles match against Triple H.

The match with Triple H is rumored for SummerSlam but word is that it could end up taking place at Hell In a Cell or Survivor Series if they decide to stretch it out longer.
Source: PWInsider

Interesting, I think Roman will be with Evolution then turn on Triple H.

#3 ·
- The main goal of WWE doing a feud between The Shield and Evolution is to push Roman Reigns as a top player and to get him into a singles match against Triple H.

The match with Triple H is rumored for SummerSlam but word is that it could end up taking place at Hell In a Cell or Survivor Series if they decide to stretch it out longer.

Source: PWInsider
Can't see Evolution going past SummerSlam. If they want to push him that hard then he should go thru Orton at Payback/MITB, Batista at Battleground and finally Hunter at SummerSlam.

Reactions: SaviorBeeRad™
#4 ·
Re: Backstage news on WWE's main goal for doing a feud between Evolution and the Shie

It should end at Summerslam with HHH.

Is it even possible to stretch it out til November?!

#242 ·
Re: Backstage news on WWE's main goal for doing a feud between Evolution and the Shie

It should end at Summerslam with HHH.

Is it even possible to stretch it out til November?!
I'd be interested to see how they build HHH/Reigns because Trips will own him on the mic and given that they book Reigns as only powerhouse and aside from that has nothing going on for him...

Should be amazing train wreck, especially if they stretch it out so long :D:

#6 ·

I dont want them to stretch this out until November. Summerslam is the perfect way to end it with HHH putting over Roman. I say Evolution wins at ER, then the Shield goes on to dominate Evolution through the summer.

#7 ·
Re: Triple H vs. Roman Reigns rumored for SummerSlam

Old News but very exciting. I can see a great match out of these 2.

#68 ·

LOLBRYAN. Looks like this title reign is going to worse than Punk's.

What Vince wants, Vince gets! its that simple. :vince
Nothing can be worse than Punk's reign. BTW at least Bryan got to do something Punk never has and never will: main event WrestleMania.

#17 · (Edited)

WWE just spent the last 8 months pushing Daniel Bryan, yet people can't handle them doing the same thing with Roman Reigns?
Daniel Bryan has been in the WWE since 2009 and worked his way to the main event status. The WWE just wants to hand it to Reigns when he only has 4 years of total WRESTLING experience and has only been in the WWE for just over a year and half.

He should be getting the slow burn and start off in the mid card and work his way up. He shouldn't be given a main event push so early, its just going to blow up in their faces.

let the match happen, it will be amazing to see how bad the match comes off and Reigns will flop just like Ryback for being pushed too fast and too soon. You would think they would learn this lesson. Reigns is worse on the mic than Ryback and that is saying a lot, and he is certainly worse in the ring than Ryback.

#25 ·

So far Reigns has not impressed me with singles work. He does much better being part of a team, be it tag or triple. While his look and some of his moveset may be attractive, he still is too green for "solo-work" in my opinion.

#39 ·

They better not throw Rollins and Ambrose to the trash they are way more talented then Reigns, I don't mind pushing Reigns but Rollins and Ambrose should not be after thoughts in it all.

#40 ·

But Roman cant work a match without the other members of the group and, guessing from WWE not giving him proper promo time, cant cut a promo on his own.

Vince should know that having just THE LOOK can only get you so far with today's audience before they turn on you.

#160 ·

I'd be surprised if they even get to Summerslam, I mean by Extreme Rules they'll already have touched, you would think the singles matches would be the PPV right after unless they swerve us at Extreme Rules with a member(s) of The Shield turning and joining the Authority perhaps and then stretching out Reigns road to Hunter over the next 3 months.

But Roman cant work a match without the other members of the group and, guessing from WWE not giving him proper promo time, cant cut a promo on his own.

Vince should know that having just THE LOOK can only get you so far with today's audience before they turn on you.
I think Roman Reigns is nailed on to get 'The John Cena treatment' in a couple years time, Males will boo and Woman and Kids will cheer.

WWE aren't delicate enough with booking to avoid those pitfalls occurring.

#43 ·

So Evolution will face the Shield and then Reigns will break out and then people can bitch how he's not ready, he sucks, blah blah. Then people can bitch that Rollins and Ambrose are thrown to the wolves, but then if they get a push people will bitch about that.....never ending story.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.