Wrestling Forum banner

TDL XVI: CAPTAIN WARS - THE LADY KILLER VS ANDRE - THE CARD

18K views 355 replies 31 participants last post by  BkB Hulk 
#1 ·
TDL XVI: CAPTAIN WARS - THE LADY KILLER VS ANDRE

CHAMPviaDQ

TDL Wrestling Division Championship Match
ZOMBO TEAM TLK VS WOOLCOCK TEAM ANDRE

Say Undertaker let WWE know on New Years Day 2014 that he was retiring at Wrestlemania 30 and wanted The Streak to end. Should John Cena, Bray Wyatt or Brock Lesnar have ended the streak?

PM Debates To [USER]Andre[/USER]

TDL Social Division Championship Match
Anark TEAM TLK vs Hollywood Hanoi TEAM ANDRE

Prince is a creative music genius. Agree or Disagree?

PM Debates To [USER]Seabs[/USER]

Super Hans TEAM TLK vs BkB Hulk TEAM ANDRE
Are Manchester United better off missing out on Europa League football next season?

Seabs TEAM TLK vs Elipses Corter TEAM ANDRE
Were WWE right to induct Carlos Colon into the WWE Hall of Fame?

GothicBohemian TEAM TLK vs CGS TEAM ANDRE
Who was the best in ring worker in WWE during 2013?

PM Debates To [USER]ZOMBO[/USER]

Notorious TEAM TLK vs Magic TEAM ANDRE
Should Refs start giving more leeway to allow more physicality in today's NBA?

PM Debates To [USER]Moyes' Hot Cross Buns[/USER]

Alim TEAM TLK vs Andre TEAM ANDRE
Which Wrestlemania was better, 17 or 19?

PM Debates To [USER]ZOMBO[/USER]

Sinisterness TEAM TLK vs MoveMent TEAM ANDRE
Now that Undertaker's Wrestlemania Streak has ended should he ever wrestle at Wrestlemania again?

PM Debates To [USER]Headliner[/USER]

Perfect Poster TEAM TLK vs JM TEAM ANDRE
Mark Cuban recently said that it would be better for NBA prospects coming out of High School to play in the D-League rather than spend time playing college basketball. Do you agree with this stance?

The Lady Killer TEAM TLK vs AwShucks TEAM ANDRE
Is making the Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal an annual event at Wrestlemania a good move?

SPCDRI TEAM TLK vs Aid180 TEAM ANDRE
Are College athletes employees?

• Deadline for all debates is April 26th 01:00 GMT. Basically April 26th just after the time of this post. Any no shows WILL RESULT IN PERMANENT EXCLUSION FROM THE LEAGUE.
  • If you need to withdraw then please PM me and let us know.
  • In the event that someone pulls out we will replace them on the card with another user.
  • Please make sure you only submit your debate by PMing it to the intended recipient stated above. Don't post them anywhere on the forum. The debates will be forwarded onto the selected judging panel for your debate anonymously. When I post the results show you'll know what user posted each debate along with the judging panel for each debate.
  • Minimum word count = 600, Maximum word count = 1000.
    This is for ALL debates on this show.
  • You are free to debate either side of an argument. Your choice.
  • NO BLATANT PLAGIARISM

See less See more
#176 · (Edited)
I have until this evening, correct? I’m nearly finished - I’ve been re-watching a few matches to finalize my points - but I have to run out for a few hours (I’ve just learned the water is going to be shut off along my street for the next week during repairs and I have to make provisions).

Oh, and decided on who I’d argue for by putting five names I felt I could make a case for into a hat and went with the one I picked out. I didn’t make it easy for myself. :argh: :lol Sorry, TLK.

Just to clarify: I don't need an extension, I'm only double-checking that my time zone conversion is safe.

#209 ·
TEAM TLK :tlk

Oh, and decided on who I’d argue for by putting five names I felt I could make a case for into a hat and went with the one I picked out. I didn’t make it easy for myself. :argh: :lol Sorry, TLK.
2 final exams in over the next 2 days. My entry is going to be a piece of shit but at least I'm submitting something. Didn't want to rep out because TLK chose me for his team and didn't want to let him down so here we go motherfuckers
I totally screwed up figuring how much time I had left. Thought I had til tommorrow but forgot about the time difference.

Ah well, will get something decent in I suppose.
Same here.
Private Facebook conversation with The Lady Killer said:
ZOMBO: ummm, just giving you a heads up, debate deadline is like 5 hours from now. Andre is excitedly talking in the cb about hoping to disqualify you lol Just thought I'd give you a heads up.

TLK: It is??? I thought it was the 26th

[some discussion about timezones]

Crap I guess I better start on something
Additionally, you have The TURNCOAT headlining your roster. Things are looking up!

#213 ·
not according to the chatbox, andre

i'd love an extension as it would save me having to tell my girlfriend that no, i shall not be watching that with you because i have 500 words to cut and a conclusion to write from that geekathon i take part in on that geek forum i post on

#287 ·
Let's be honest, all sports title reigns before my current one (including my cup of coffee as the first champ) are irrelevant now that I've created the GOAT TDL title run. I also prefer it that way because we can try to forget that Lawls some jobber was once champion :bigron

/new standards set

#49 ·
:lmao woolcock getting nonstop titles chance. at least he can finally get his coloured username back after this card.
In fairness I never asked for either match to be for the title, even Andre had to essentially force Seabs' hand to make it for the Sports Title last card. That being said I've debated one wrestling topic since TDL X and I'm still the top points scorer in the Wrestling Division :eek:

I maybe would have given it a shot :p
For feck sake, I begged them to give you the chance! The stars had aligned, a young man's dream was to be immortalised against the iconic Lady Killer, it would have been the feel-good story of the spring!

#18 ·
With those comments you've just motivated me to bury you right down to the centre of the Earth. Now only Phileas Fog will be able to mourn your demise Alim. Congratulations...

Perhaps the overlooked gem of this show is that I won't have to do any judging :hb
^^^ This :agree:

#20 ·
So while SEABS is still in the title match giving mood, if I beat former Social Division Champion SPCDRI in a Social topic, does that give me a Social Division Title Match on a future show? :side:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.