Wrestling Forum banner

ROH Wrestling - NJPW Invasion

64K views 631 replies 121 participants last post by  sharkboy22 
#1 ·
Hey guys I didn't see this anywhere so I thought I'd post it here. Man I'm really excited for today I haven't been excited for a wrestling announcement in a long time. As you all know by now roh is gonna announce a show with major njpw stars probably in New York may 17th at the Hammerstein ballroom. If it is true and they come to New York which I'm not holding my breath for just yet they can go to New Orleans or Toronto.I will definetely go man this show will be beyond epic Hammerstein will sell out in a New York minute. I'm mostly into mma now have been for a few years this just gets me real giddy the wwe network has kinda wore off on me a little since a month and a half ago don't get me wrong I'm gonna get it because I'm sharing with a friend but this njpw roh announcement just blows it away. Anybody else excited anybody gonna go share your thoughts. Thanks guys!

#6 ·
Re: Roh wrestling njpw invasion

Preety sweet I'm definetely gonna go to this Hammerstein is probably gonna be sold out by late next week first time that's gonna happen for wrestling there since ecw one night stand in 2005 or maybe that's just my thinking lol. I live on Long Island ain't far from me gonna be fun roh will officially announce it in the next half hour!

#9 ·

Preety sweet I'm definetely gonna go to this Hammerstein is probably gonna be sold out by late next week first time that's gonna happen for wrestling there since ecw one night stand in 2005 or maybe that's just my thinking lol. I live on Long Island ain't far from me gonna be fun roh will officially announce it in the next half hour!
I could be wrong, but I highly doubt ROH will sell out this far in advance. I've seen the Hammerstein packed and they were still pushing tickets the day of the show. Not to mention the last few shows I've been to, they've been struggling to fill up the first balcony, let alone sell out.

#8 ·

Should be interesting. I didnt really like the last NJPW tour from May'2011 in Jersey/NY, but that was when NJPW had their bad period, Okada wasnt a star yet, had too many people like Dan Maff on the show, and the booking kinda sucked. So this one should be much better.

#10 ·

Should be interesting. I didnt really like the last NJPW tour from May'2011 in Jersey/NY, but that was when NJPW had their bad period, Okada wasnt a star yet, had too many people like Dan Maff on the show, and the booking kinda sucked. So this one should be much better.
:kobe NJPW 2011 was great.

#12 ·

Yeah I was going to say that, what was bad about NJ in 2011?

This sounds interesting, I mean they will probably be guys from the lower ends of the NJ roster, I'd imagine anyway.
Tanahashi and Okada will be coming over. Gedo, Jado & Kushida are tagging along as well.

Can only assume they'll be using several of their American guys like Anderson, Shelley, Bucks, etc. too.

#13 · (Edited)

I know I'm a weird person, but I'm more excited for guys like Kushida (vs ACH), Liger (w/ Kushida vs Bucks), Jado and Gedo (vs reDRagon, in a similar match to Devitt/Gedo) than Tanahashi and Okada. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Okada and Tanahashi's mark, but their styles are so different from ROH's top guys. Besides Cole/Steen vs Nakamura and maybe Strong/Okada, I don't really care for other match-ups... I'm hoping for Tanahashi/Okada main event in one of these shows. Should be fun nonetheless.

EDIT: And Hero/Tanahashi.

#14 ·

Don't care because barely anyone in ROH is worth matching them up with to satisfy me desires at least. Is anyone in ROH worth a damn these days? I liked ACH but I fell totally behind in 2013. I'd say Jacobs but I don't see him matching up well with anyone from New Japan. If ROH got AJ in then Styles facing one of the top guys could be good but other than that this isn't gonna produce anything great.

#15 ·

ROH's drones look like total jobbers compared to New Japan's wrestlers. But it doesn't matter anyway, because whoever from ROH faces anyone above Yujiro's place on totem pole, is going to lose.

Styles is the only guy whom I could see going over someone like, let's say... Makabe? And even that is quite a stretch.

#24 ·

ROH's drones look like total jobbers compared to New Japan's wrestlers. But it doesn't matter anyway, because whoever from ROH faces anyone above Yujiro's place on totem pole, is going to lose.

Styles is the only guy whom I could see going over someone like, let's say... Makabe? And even that is quite a stretch.
Yeah I'm sure ROH is bringing in New Japan just to have their roster job to them fpalm

That was sarcasm btw. I love that ROH went through the trouble of creating two huge supershows and bringing the top guys in Japan to North America......

and people STILL find a way to be upset and complain about it. Holy crap.

#25 ·

I hope Ishii and Nakamura teach Elgin and The Worst Wrestler on the Planet how to pace strikes and apply proper holds.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.