Wrestling Forum banner

These young guys being afraid of Sting

3K views 26 replies 20 participants last post by  Jimshine 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok why in the hell is every damn heel scared to death of Sting? Ethan Carter is bigger and younger and he's scared of him, he tried his best to avoid facing him. Bobby Roode tonight was acting as if he was going against Brock Lesnar or someone when he heard he was facing Sting "WHHAAAATTTT!!! NOOOO!! NOOOO!". Lol how is it realistic that these 2 young muscular wrestlers are afraid of this old broken down fat legend? I mean Roode's fine with facing Angle but he's scared of Sting? ok....

This company books Sting as if he's still a wrestler in his prime, i think they need to take a step back and realize he's an old out of shape legend and it makes these young guys look like total pussy's being afraid of him. They're booking him like Undertaker back in 2006 "You're going 1 on 1....with da Undertaka!" as Teddy Long would say. Only difference is Undertaker was someone to be afraid of, Sting on the other hand just looks pathetic, he's fat and can barely work a match anymore. Wrestlers shouldn't be fearing him like they do, he's no Undertaker ffs.

#6 ·
Are you guys new to pro wrestling? Dusty Rhodes was always fat and out of shape, yet he still was booked to whip younger talent even in ECW. Ric Flair was old and saggy when he was booked to win the WWE tag titles. Since the dawn of time, the legendary wrestlers have been booked as larger than life stars who can still kick butt when needed. Wrestling 101.

#4 ·
Sting is Batman and Superman rolled into one... and so he should be... kayfabe, he's been no selling big shots for years and "Sting-ing up" with his roar and his beating of his chest. Hell, Joker-Sting withstood an attack from Abyss before wrapping barbed wire around his fist and beat him half to death. Sting in TNA is the Angel of Death really. He has been booked that way ever since he walked in the door. Get over yourselves people.

#5 ·
Wow, im really gonna like it here: i thought i was the only one who thought that! 100% spot on, tc. I'll admit to being a mark for shadowy-silent rafters sting, but the guy working under that name now is a straight-up fucking joke. He should be a gm, or nothing. I mean, for crying out loud, even if he could work a match like he used to, he's wearing a t shirt over his singlet and tights over his boots...what the hell is that about? If youre that ashamed of your working physique you probably shouldnt be commanding what you do to perfrom.

He looks ridiculous coming to the ring and the company looks ridiculous when he gets to hold his own against guys who look like they could kick his ass on accident. Yeah, hes a legend and on and on, but if youre gonna play the part, the least you could do is try your best to look the part, ya know?

I'm embarrassed for him and his, and dixies, inability to let reality be what it is.

#8 ·
He's no undertaker :lmao Both are old as fuck, it's pro wrestling. But Sting still ate the pin for Roode.

Reactions: imheretolurk
#7 ·
Most of these guys were a bunch of bitches anyway. Only Magnus and Roode were not and Magnus tried everything to not involve himself physically and Roode came in only at the end.

#9 ·
Exactly - this is how you book veterans.

The whole point of having them on the roster (apart from pulling people in through the doors through name recognition value) is that they put the younger guys over.

Yes, it seems ridiculous at times but by making Sting out to be an unstoppable wrestling force, it just makes the newer guys look tougher when they eventually beat him.

True, doesn't seem to have worked much in TNA and Sting going out there in a T Shirt doesn't help (why he doesn't wear a padded muscle singlet like he did back in WCW, I don't know) but that's the idea behind it. Not much sense in paying Sting a fortune just to book him as, "Now you have to get over a semi-immobile guy in his 50s! Woooo!"

#10 ·
I dont think its that we're not used to it, in some form, as wrestling fans, i think it's more that we're used to seeing it presented in a certain way that tna isnt implementing.

Im really hoping my memory isnt failing me here, as it very well could be as ive not accessed the tombs of wrestling knowledge in my brain for years, but rhodes worked best in ecw as a surprise run in guy for whomever he happened to be aligned with. When it came time for his single matches, the few that he had, he had the allure of being a credible threat because of who he was affiliated with or, in failing that, the weapons he had at his disposal to function as equalizers. Pretty much the same thing goes for flair, and funk, too, if i remember correctly.

Neither guy was booked as 'the unstoppable man that can beat the entjre locker room with their bare hands, even if its a surprise attack with a suped up tractor that shoots vending machines' like sting is at the end of their careers. The reason, provided im right and not making a complete ass of myself, is because it makes no psychological booking sense to put someone on the downside of their career that far over talent thats got no credibility to lose.

Granted, we're talking about tna here, but still. If youre paying sting all this money because you think hes a draw, the best way to use him would be to have him make cheaper, more pliable talent with a future, look better: no one, aside from sting, gets anything out of sting being the top babyface that the rest of the roster fears because he can destroy them at will.

roode, and by extension kurt angle, wouldve looked a million times better if roode just laughed at sting being a threat and just happily took the match.

#11 ·
I think Sting can be called the destroyer of worlds. He's the guy that pretty much took on the entire Aces and Eights. By himself.

Angle isn't far off. He took out Bad Influence by himself, owned every belt at one stage. As well as destroying multiple tag-teams solo during his mega-heel runs.

Between the two of them, they have crushed so many young wrestlers' momentum.

From the top of my head.

Sting, halted Joe's title run. Called AJ a crybaby, feigned his last match with AJ by passing the torch then reappeared in the rafters. Destroyed 'Fallen Angel' Daniels, screwed with the Abyss character. Got smashed with a beer bottle by Storm, only to go over him eventually anyway.

Angle is even worse. That Impact where he decided he hated young guys and tore into Creed, Lethal, LAX and a few other young guys. Angle breaking Joe's streak. Angle decided to end the up and comers dreams of Matt Morgan and Bobby Roode, despite them both emerging as viable title contenders. Kaz was coming up but Angle wanted to run through him, because he can. Now its Bobby's turn for Angle time.

#20 ·
So basically you're saying TNA should bury Sting and make him seem like a run of the mill lowcarder. If Sting's name drew no type of reaction from the wrestlers, he would have no use and you'd essentially be saying he isn't worth shit.

#23 ·
So basically you're saying TNA should bury Sting and make him seem like a run of the mill lowcarder. If Sting's name drew no type of reaction from the wrestlers, he would have no use and you'd essentially be saying he isn't worth shit.
:wall :floyd1

Roode has bullied and outsmarted Angle in every single way, even my taking advantage of his injuries which lead to him KO himself out for not respecting medical orders.

In a shit era of heels, he's one of the few that clearly stands out. Mainly during his 2012 title reign which was in my opinion the best title reign the company ever had. That Slammiversary ending did suck and in contrast to today where Sting eats the pin for a normal impact match, perhaps it's a light in the end of the tunnel... and Sting might actually put over a guy like EC3 which would be unthinkable 3 or 4 years ago.
:wall :floyd1

No, he hasn't outsmarted Angle. Let's look at it like this:
Roode beats Angle at BFG because he can't take a bump(that's LITERALLY what they've made out of it)
Angle does a great concussion angle with great acting, only to find out NO CONCUSSION.
He costs Angle a match. Yeah, a standout heel, right?
He cheats to beat Angle. Not a shocker since Roode never goes over.

And that doctor's order part is bullshit. Because they ONLY order he was given, and never utilized as a plot device, was a knee injury. Roode didn't even take advantage of a KO at BFG. He didn't get Kurt's neck injured, which was his entire offense at BFG, AND was agknowledged by Tenay & Taz, but never by the writers. Why?

Who the fuck knows?

#24 · (Edited)
:angle2

So you are going to ignore the fact Roode put Angle in a crossface for like 5 mins until he passed out right before the BFG match. okay... Attack after attack, Angle has been always one step behind Roode and Kurt's injuries and loses are making him question himself ala The Wrestler. Which Rooo takes advantage of to get inside his head.

Angle is now turning the page and is finally getting that win as a babyface over the heel. 101 Booking.

#26 ·
They should be afraid of Sting. They are not. That is why they still suck.A real veteran would beat the piss out of Magnus for his weak selling. Put the belt on him, he would never be seen again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.