Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official Indy DVD Help Thread

937K views 16K replies 349 participants last post by  vivalabrave 
#1 · (Edited)
If you need help picking a ROH DVD(s) just post in here and we'll try and help the best that we can.

#2,685 ·
Re: Official ROH DVD Help Thread

For The Ten Dollar Sale

-Dragon Gate Invasion
-Punk The Final Chapter
-Redemption

or

-The Homecoming
-Escape From New York
-Sign Of Dishonor

or

-Death Before Dishonor 3
-Future Is Now
-Survival Of The Fitest 2004

or

-Manhattan Mayhem
-Final Showdown
-Nowhere To Run

Which batch is the best and which is the best dvd out of each batch. I have lots of questions which I'm sorry for keep on asking.

#2,689 ·

I added rep for each of you guys. Now that it is norrowed down one more question before final decision.

Manhattan Mayhem
Nowhere To Run
The Final Showdown

or

DBD 3
MM
Escape From New York
Punk The Final Chapter
*Subtract One of the dvds*

THanks for answering my questions before.

#2,695 ·

just ordered a couple of the Best of Mutoh DVDs from IVP, i will have reviews up when they get here.

I am getting so into Puro, and its stars

#2,696 ·

I just finished watching the rest of Trapped here are my ratings for the whole show.

Sonjay Dutt vs. Drew Gulak vs. Andy Sumner vs. Derek Frazier - ***
Danny Havoc vs. Wifebeater - *
Larry Sweeney vs. Lufisto - *3/4
Lucky & JC Ryder vs. Cheech & Cloudy - **
Messiah & Adam Flash vs. Luke & Necro Butcher - *3/4
ALL OUT WAR - Franky The Mobster, Kevin Steen, Lufisto & El Generico vs. Joker, Sabian, Ruckus & Robbie Mireno vs. The H8 Club & Eddie Kingston - **3/4

Overall show rating - **1/2

#2,699 ·

dman88 said:
Hey Mystery did you actually buy that show? I heard the main event was supposed to be a clusterfuck.
I thankfully didn't purchase the show. Someone I knew purchased it and I just borrowed it. The main event was indeed a huge mess of wrestlers. The match really made no sense because Zandig has been involved in this heated feud with Blackout and the Canadians then he just goes and takes himself out of the match. However, it wasn't an awful brawl. It just wasn't as good as some brawls CZW has had.

#2,700 ·

Thats good that you didnt buy it.

My order came yesterday and I just finished "We're No Joke" and that was a really good show. Low Ki vs Necro was awesome.

I also got

CZW: Deja Vu 3
IWA MS: Simply The Best 7
IWA MS: A Matter of Pride

A lot of people have been asking about IWA MS so I might give my thoughts on these shows.

#2,703 ·

Homicide_187 said:
Me too did you download anything from that site?
yeah, i downloaded an old Mutoh VS Takada match, but nothing else yet. Ive been at work for pretty much the last 2 days. Only just got home.

#2,704 · (Edited)

Testing The Limit opinions needed!

Is it a one match show with Aries vs Danielson and whats the match like/ Is there anythign else on the show worth while besides the main event?

Im interested in getting it on the sale.

EDIT: Any one got an opinion on "Crowning a Champion"? Main Event sounds interesting and the significance of it being where the first ever ROH Champ is crowned makes this sound worth getting.

#2,705 ·

Hey guys, need some help here.

How was Final Battle 2003? Ive only seen the Kojima VS Homicide match, and was thinking about buying the show.

Can someone give me a star rundown of the card?

How was the crowd towards the Puro guys?

Was Mutoh wrestling as Great Muta or Mutoh?

Is it a show worth buying? Thanks

#2,706 ·

I was thinking about making an order for the $10 sale.

Confirmed: Manhattan Mayhem

I can only get 2 of the following....

Nowhere To Run
Third Anniversary Show- Part 3
Survival Of The Fittest 04
Redemption

I am kind of looking at SOTF 04 and Redemption as one match shows for their Main Events.

Opinions please.

#2,707 ·

^^^^I got Redemption a while ago thinking it was only going to be a one match show aswell but its actually a pretty underrated all round solid show.

Hardy/Himcide is averidge but Low Ki/Lethal is good and the 6 man war is very good and a match you will want to watch again. They are just all overshadowed by an amazing main event.

I would probibly go with that and No Where to Run which I havent seen but am ordering it with this sale and is ment to be an awesome show.

#2,708 ·

I'm pumped, here is the order i placed yesterday

War of the Wire
War of the Wire II
Death Before Dishonor IV

#2,709 ·

MBL said:
I was thinking about making an order for the $10 sale.

Confirmed: Manhattan Mayhem

I can only get 2 of the following....

Nowhere To Run
Third Anniversary Show- Part 3
Survival Of The Fittest 04
Redemption

I am kind of looking at SOTF 04 and Redemption as one match shows for their Main Events.

Opinions please.
Both the highlighted shows are really good ones, and there are some good qualifing matches as well as a good Punk vs Hydro(Jay Lethal) match, I don't have 3AYS night 3 but the other two 3YAS shows (aside from Gibson vs Spanky at night 2) aren't all that awesome, just so-so.

Also a question for myself, anyone seen ROH Gold, Joe vs Romero & Punk vs Homicide sounds too good to pass up but the rest of the card only looks so so, thought's anyone?

#2,710 · (Edited)

I've begun to watch IWA-MS' 'Simply The Best 7'. Here are my match ratings thus far.

Ryan Cruz vs. Shane Storm - **
Ace Steel vs. Ricky Reyes - ***1/4
Mickie Knuckles vs. Rain - **1/2 (Possibly **3/4)
Chuck Taylor vs. Delirious - ***

Unfortunately I've still got 9 more matches to watch not including the bonus match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.