Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official Indy DVD Discussion Thread

520K views 5K replies 190 participants last post by  sXeMope 
#1 ·
#1,864 · (Edited)
The champ is a "Captain" who wears a sailor's hat, a fur coat, and smokes a fake cigarette. My sole desire for the entire event is him having some insanely overblown entrance such as a long fur coat with sailor's carrying its train or coming to the ring on a tiny boat.

EDIT: Also that match has got a lot of WEIRD in side of it. Not a bad weird just a lot of moving parts. I don't remember the last time Castle won a match despite being a fan of the guy(probably my favorite dude in there). Isys JUST lost the belt and it makes sense for him to go for it but I also don't want him with it cause he's not real good.... Gregory Iron has been in 2CW twice, won neither match, but he also hasn't gotten pinned I guess. Delaney is a guy people either like or don't. I tend like him except for his finisher cause it looks SO awkward. Ummm and the last man is Dick "'Merica's Finest Son" Justice. Dude is super over even if he is just a comedy chubster character.

EDIT X2:2CW also just announced that in CUSE(!) Tajiri and Whipwreck would be going against OI4K.

#1,868 ·
Haven't seen HOH 1 or 2 but HOH3 was a good show. Only complaint is that some of the students aren't really ready to be on a platform of this size. That's just my opinion though I'm kind of stubborn to accept new talent. Commentators also went back and forth between names a lot. (ex: Referred to Rosita as Rosita and Thea Trinidad, Victoria as Tara, Victoria, and her real name).

#1,866 ·
First two DGUSA shows are SUPERB. SHINGO/Doi from the first show was a fantastic main event, although I remember being equally impressed by the Chikara 8-man tag. Then Open the Untouchable Gate not only had Danielson/Doi which speaks for itself, we also had Richards/SHINGO, which came at a time when Davey didn't go ridiculously over the top in every match, meaning that this was a well-worked war between two tough guys.

Two stellar shows indeed; I may go and rewatch them at some point soon to see how they hold up.

#1,869 ·
Just got done watching the ICP Kayfabe Commentaries shoot dvd as it's already up on XWT. Definitely not their best YouShoot, but it was enjoyable nontheless. Couple funny stories and such, but nothing wrestling related that most didn't already know I think.

Also since when do they use those green screens on YouShoot's? I haven't watched most of the more recent ones but they never did on the old ones, it was present here though but I wasn't a big fan..

#1,886 ·
Roddy has always looked incredibly bland to me. Not that he has a bad look in the ring, but if you stick him in a shirt and jeans you'd never tell he was a wrestler.

I noticed that Highspots has a Diva Diaries shoot with Allysin Kay set to release. Looking forward to that. Kay is one of the few womens wrestlers that I'd go out of my way to see.

#1,890 ·
ROH Raising The Bar Night 2 Review:

Michael Elgin vs. Tyson Dux – **3/4
Roderick Strong & BJ Whitmer vs. Adrenaline RUSH – **1/2
The Briscoes vs. Outlaw Inc. (No DQ match) – **
Silas Young vs. Matt Taven – **1/4
Kevin Steen vs. Cedric Alexander – ***3/4
reDRagon(c) vs. The Young Bucks (World Tag Team Championship) – ****
Adam Cole(c) vs. Chris Hero (Ringmasters Challenge for the ROH World Title) – ***1/4

The first half was pretty vanilla and that Briscoes/Outlaw match sucked. The second half was really, really good. Alexander/Steen was tons of fun and I loved YB/reDRagon. ME was really good but the last 5 minutes and the Sudden Death were underwhelming.

#1,893 ·
AIW Gleaming The Cube

1. Tim Donst vs Josh Prohibition

2. Mark Andrews vs Pete Dunne
**3/4

3. Josh Alexander vs Mr Touchdown

4. The Batiri vs #NIXON
**1/2

5. Ethan Page vs Colin Delaney vs Michael Hutter vs Eric Ryan

6. Louis Lyndon vs Flip Kendrick vs Josh Alexander vs Matt Cross vs Andrew Everett
***1/2​

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.