Wrestling Forum banner

Your replacements for Cole, JBL, and King?

6K views 91 replies 84 participants last post by  closetfan 
#1 ·
I think a team of Scott Steiner, Stone Cold, and Scott Hall would kick ass. It's pretty well known Scott Hall wants to get back in the business in some capacity...

Or if WWE brought in an actual, real sports commentator from somewhere, that would be sweet.

Who would you realistically want to replace these guys.

#68 ·
Replace them with the NXT commentating team, Renee Young, William Regal and that other guy, not sure his name, he's been doing a pretty good job on NXT.

But seriously nobody could replace JBL and Cole, like Cole or not, he does a fantastic job at what he does, so does JBL. I've always liked King, but his work has gone downhill a lot the past 10 year's.

#71 ·
I think fans really need to cut Cole some slack. I think he's under-appreciated and under-rated on commentary. On the other hand, King really does need to retire; he is ruining his own legacy and its obvious he isn't passionate about the product. Furthermore, JBL isn't as impressive as he was. Although I think if JBL was given more freedom, I think he'd be very entertaining. Just get rid of King and give the commentary team more freedom, then we can once again witness the gold that the was chemistry between Cole and JBL. No drastic changes are really needed.

#72 ·
My perfect team would be Michael Cole, Alex Riley and Booker T.

Michael Cole does play-by-play, steers the overall broadcast and handles the corporate stuff like selling the app. Alex Riley does both play-by-play and color commentary because he's the best at selling matches and conveying excitement. Booker T's there for comedic value and to add credibility as a former main-event wrestler.

#74 ·
Cole isn't bad when he is actually doing play by play and not giggling at jokes and old references during an entire match. Lawler needs to make his peace and retire, he doesn't add anything anymore, his glory days with JR are behind him.

I am really liking the NXT announce team as it is what people have come to expect, you need someone on commentary that calls the actual moves instead of calling every suplex a throw

#75 ·
Cole and JBL are alright, but Cole, Heyman, and maybe Road Dogg for Raw. Lawler is... and JBL has some good days and some bad days.

No one can replace Cole at the moment. Saxton is alright, but not savvy enough, Renee is a great interviewer, thats it, Regal is too quiet, rambling, and boring at times, and Riley is a bit like the Miz. He'll get boring after a while.

#78 ·
William Regal

#85 ·
At this point anything will be better. Before atleast jbl was good but he went down to cole and king's level and shit went down from there. They don't give a shit for a match that isn't the main event and even there stupid stuff is going on. It's probably vince making them do that but changing it up will always do better since this shit has sunk so low.

#86 ·
Raven was so much better than these guys ever were. Really. I never liked Lawler. He was an annoying ass heel when I started watching him. JBL is shitty to begin with and I detest Michael Cole. I would literally take anyone, including Eugene or Roadkill over Michael Cole.

Scott Hall, Raven and a "real" announcer would be beautiful. Hall doesn't have the best voice or style to do it though.

Raven could dress like Raven and act like Johnny Polo. They already exposed in WCW Raven was actually a lot like Polo anyway. Raven is supposed to be bipolar, so we could see him chipper and cracking jokes on the color mic then acting moody and tortured in other segments.

#87 ·

Can't forget smackdowns #1 announcer! I think Jericho would be a good announcer though

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.