Official Indy DVD Discussion Thread

520K views 5K replies 190 participants last post by  sXeMope 
#1 ·
#1,314 ·
Heads up for anyone who didn't get it first time round

**BACK IN STOCK**
KEVIN STEEN: HELL RISING
(2 DISC DVD)
Easily one of the most controversial ROH DVD releases of all time, it was gone almost as quickly as it was released. You can see what all the buzz was about for yourself... KEVIN STEEN: HELL RISING is available now!! There are limited quantities available, get this title while you can!!

On December 18th of 2010, Kevin Steen was exiled from Ring of Honor after losing to El Generico in an ROH Career vs. Mask Match. For six months he was silent but at "Best in the World 2011", the man once called Mr. Wrestling returned with a vengeance and the face of ROH has not been the same since!

For this 2-Disc DVD set Steen sat down with ROH cameras for OVER TWO HOURS and, for the very first time, talked about the events that led up to his departure at the end of 2010. Steen opened up in detail about his relationship with Jim Cornette, how it was volatile from day one, and how it evolved over the years. Kevin elaborates on how he spent his time away from ROH cameras and just what brought on his unforgettable return in June 2011.

He touches on the joy of returning at "Best in the World 2011" & the anguish of being told "another six months". Kevin also discusses his official return to competition in 2012 and the changes that had occurred in Ring of Honor in his absence. Taped the day after "Supercard of Honor VII", Steen also reflects on his reign as the World Champion and just what it meant for him to battle Jay Briscoe that night. Honest to the core, Steen holds nothing back in sharing his thoughts and feelings on the last few years of his life here in Ring of Honor.

In addition to the must-see interview, this set showcases many of the moments from the last two years that shaped "Wrestling's Worst Nightmare" including:

- Steen creating chaos at "Death Before Dishonor IX"
- The "10th Anniversary" post-main event promo unavailable on the event DVD
- Steen & Cornette going face to face on ROH TV
- And, of course, the "Best in the World 2011" segment that declared to the world Kevin Steen had returned and hell came with him

Plus 12 Complete Matches:
1) Kevin Steen vs. Steve Corino...Final Battle 2011 12/23/11
2) Kevin Steen vs. Jimmy Jacobs (No DQ War)...10th Anniversary Event 3/4/12
3) Kevin Steen vs. El Generico (La Revancha Last Man Standing Match)...Showdown in the Sun Day 1 3/30/12
4) Kevin Steen vs. Davey Richards (World Title Match)...Border Wars 5/12/12
5) Kevin Steen vs. Eddie Edwards (World Title Match)...The Nightmare Begins 6/15/12
6) Kevin Steen vs. Roderick Strong (World Title Match)...Live Strong 6/30/12
7) Kevin Steen vs. Eddie Kingston (World Title Match)...Boiling Point 8/11/12
8) Kevin Steen vs. Cedric Alexander (World Title Match)...PWX: There Goes The Neighborhood 8/18/12
9) Kevin Steen vs. Jay Lethal (ROH World Title Match)…Killer Instinct 10/6/12
10) Kevin Steen vs. El Generico (World Title/Ladder War IV)...Final Battle 2012 12/16/12

LIMITED QUANTITIES are available Now! When they are gone, they are gone.

#1,319 ·
They put it on the ROH vs. SCUM dvd since it was Steen's "heel turn" and they needed a halfway decent match on there. I'm sure when they come out with a fourth Steen comp it'll be on there. I wonder if they edited any of the interview since that's what got it pulled the first time.

#1,318 ·
ROH and their must own DVDs :side: Hopefully I get the money to snag this.
If only it were available during Black Friday when I placed my $80 order!

#1,320 · (Edited)
They said it's unedited. I bought it. I already downloaded it from XWT and burned it long ago. Really not sure why I chose to buy it.

Update on the status of PRIME Wrestling.

This is a job I've been putting off doing for a number of weeks now, but has been swirling in my mind ever since, so please forgive and indulge me when it comes to the length of the following ...

In September of 2007, I was told about a new wrestling promotion that would be debuting the next month, and asked to be a part of it... at the time, that promotion was called "Pro Wrestling Ohio". I was excited about the idea, as it provided me a chance to expand my creative duties to a level I never had before, and help expose a new audience to what I felt were some of the most promising young talents in this part of the country. Such an undertaking wasn't without tribulations. On a beyond paper-thin budget, and more passion and dedication than I can describe, the journey began. Critics said we wouldn't last six months. No way, not even close. I'm proud to be sitting here six years later looking back on what was.

Over the next several years, we had some ups and we had some downs, just as any promotion would. There were days I would wake up eagerly anticipating working on PWO projects. There were days I would wake up dreading it. But, through it all, the goal of myself and everyone involved was to make the promotion, the television, the talent roster, everything therein, the absolute best it could be under whatever circumstances we were dealt. It was never perfect or ideal, in independent wrestling it never is, but I was and am so proud of what we were able to create the vast majority of the time. As a staff, a roster, a company, and a business, we grew... and we grew up. Every year was noticeably better than the last, and more doors opened for the future.

For those unaware, I worked in a creative capacity for the entire past six years, about five and a half of those six as the head of creative. Essentially, I, along with a few others, wore the matchmaker or "booker" hat. It was extremely strenuous at times, but a position I loved. In late-2011, things began to change. Circumstances necessitated me taking on more responsibilities in the front office, working more closely with first the television production (which I also enjoyed), then later also venues, sponsors, insurance companies, charities, merchandising, and financing. With that, plus our scope now reaching far beyond just Ohio, the "PRIME" name was born and the machine moved forward.

Over the next year and a half, we had some good stretches and we had some not-so-good stretches. While I had a very talented and dedicated team working alongside me, a large burden outside my main focus of the creative & TV production was still upon me, especially financially. What was once a fun and creatively fulfilling outlet that took up part of my "wrestling time" had turned into an overwhelming endeavor that was eating up ALL of my time. By mid-2013, I was decidedly burnt out. I didn't want things to change... I NEEDED them to, for the sake of my own sanity.

In the beginning of 2013, Fox Sports acquired SportsTime Ohio, the network we aired on since 2007. Formerly independently owned, STO was undergoing a slow transformation into a more corporate environment. With that change came new policies, rules, regulations and requirements. One of those requirements, in the form of an insurance policy, would have more than doubled our annual budget for producing a television show. By the end of July 2013, the new network structure was in place, and PRIME Wrestling was temporarily pulled from the airwaves until these new requirements could be met.

Now, Fox is COMPLETELY within their rights to ask what they did of us... but I knew in my heart this was the change. As much as I had given of myself mentally & financially over the past 18 months... there was no way I had the resources left to jump this big of a hurdle. The timing of said hurdle, coupled with other issues going on within our team... health issues, business issues, personal setbacks and other professional endeavors... all coming in a perfect storm, each one making the operation more challenging in its own way... I'm not sure how many of you believe in fate, or "a sign", or anything like that... but it became very clear to me it was time for all of us to make some difficult decisions.

With that in mind, and a heavy heart, it is my duty to make public & official for the first time, that Wrestlelution 6 on October 20 of 2013 was the last scheduled PRIME Wrestling live event for the foreseeable future.

I'm very proud of Wrestlelution 6. I feel it was one of our strongest events ever, if not the strongest. It was an incredible "final chapter" for a company and for everyone who was such an important part of it. For the final story to be told to be the handful of members of the "PRIME Foundation" re-claiming the legacy of what they had built from the forces working against them was beautiful and poetic. All usual merchandise shills aside, I really hope all of you who have ever supported us watch that show, be it on DVD or digitally, through us or Smart Mark Video or anywhere else. It means a lot to me, and I hope it means a lot to all of you.

Will PRIME Wrestling ever run an event again? Maybe. After October 20, there were talks of planning on doing more events on a more limited basis, but things never materialized. In the right place, at the right time, and for the right reason, I would absolutely do it again, no questions asked. I just know that, unfortunately, that isn't here and it isn't now.

I need to thank and acknowledge a number of people. Johnny Gargano & Gregory Iron sacrificed more than anyone will ever be able to realize or understand to make the past six years a reality. Production staff like Mike Moran, among others, were invaluable to our process, and we wouldn't have had a prayer without them. Thanks to Pat, Jim & Dawn at STO for believing in us all those years. Our sponsors over the years, who allowed us to present the quality of shows we did. Others like Bobby Beverly, Matthew Justice, Matt Cross, Josh Prohibition, Dan Arkham, Ben Fruith, Zach Gowen, Bobby Shields, and even my old nemesis Marion Fontaine, sacrificed a lot for something they believed in, and is something I will never forget. Guys like Jason Bane, Sons of Michigan, Jimmy Jacobs, Facade, DWS, Valentino, Aeroform etc brought instant credibility and intrigue to our product. Unsung workhorses from our early days like Mike Tolar, Jimmy DeMarco, Virus & Morty Rackem may not have been around for the majority of our most-watched and memorable events, but helped lay a foundation of quality that was adhered to and built upon from there on out. Pedro, Aaron Maguire, Vic, LaBar, Tom Dunn & Clemons were all vital cogs in the machine as well. Our latest crop - Castle, Madrox, RSP, Jay Flash, Aiden Veil didn't have the time to reach their full potential on TV, but absolutely will elsewhere and the sky is the limit. I mean to leave no one out, everyone was an important part of the process (well, almost everyone -- a few snuck by me I'd rather forget about).

Looking back, I see our six years as a success. It didn't always show that way on paper, and it sure wasn't always fun, but for a group of guys some thought would fizzle out after a few months -- or maybe even the first show -- we were able to do some pretty cool things. International online DVD distribution. National and international television syndication. Four live internet-Pay-Per-View events. Being part of the historic Cleveland Autorama and spend five years running big events at the Nautica Pavilion. Working hand-in-hand with amazing legendary talent like Kevin Nash, Greg Valentine, Al Snow, Rhino, Tito Santana, Hacksaw Jim Duggan and Paul London. Working with future stars on the cusp of stardom like Shiima Xion/Zema Ion, Brodie Lee/Luke Harper, Ashley Lane/Madison Rayne, Colin Delaney, Michael Hutter/Derrick Bateman/Ethan Carter III, and the stars whose breaks are yet to come, but will in the very near future. Grabbing the attention of the wrestling world when Johnny Gargano tried to end Gregory Iron's career, or when Marion Fontaine finally struck Justin LaBar.

Looking ahead, the PRIME name won't go away. This website will stay in tact, and remain updated when new news is available. The PRIME Facebook, YouTube & Twitter accounts will stay active as well. I plan to do a ton of things with the PWO/PRIME library... starting with releasing (hopefully) all of our "lost" shows that never made DVD, starting with late 2011-early 2012 and then our shows from this past summer, most of which never made it to television OR YouTube. I also plan to do "Best ofs" of many of our most memorable stars and themes. These will be must-haves for anyone who doesn't own our entire collection and is interested in the best of the best in what we've done.

Anyone who follows my career outside of PRIME knows I've already had my hands in several other projects. I'm in the process of launching Joe-Dombrowski.com and will continue my path as an announcer, writer, content producer, and merchandiser. Please feel free to find me on Facebook (/JoeDombrowskiwrestling) or Twitter (@Joe_Dombrowski), as I'll always post PRIME updates as well when they happen.

Lastly, we wouldn't have lasted even six days without fans... so thank you guys. Your support always drove us forward, through good and bad, and your loyalty was among the most difficult things to factor in when weighing recent decisions. The Justin Summers, Jill Dials, Leonard Bibbs, our buddy Kayden, etc. You guys are as much a part of this company as anyone I've mentioned. I hope you show the same support to support other area promotions I feel strongly about, such as IWC Wrestling in Pittsburgh and Remix Pro Wrestling in Marietta, OH.

It's been real, Cleveland.

"It is easier to try than to prove it can't be done."

- Joseph Dombrowski
Executive Producer
PWO/PRIME Wrestling TV
JoeDombrowskiPR@gmail.com

TL;DR: they're dead. At least for the foreseeable future. Hope to see some of their more exclusive guys like Krimson pop up in AIW.

I watched the Chris Hero RF Video Shoot on NYE. Pretty interesting but it was almost exclusively about NXT. I expected it to mainly be about NXT but not exclusively. Funny part in it was when he mentioned Goodhelmet. He referred to him by his real name so I'm not sure it was him but I can't see any other guys having a 36 disc Eddie Guerrero comp. haha.

Just saw this on LOP.
- The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that Eddie Edwards and Davey Richards won't be back at the next set of WWE NXT tapings and they aren't going to be offered a contract.

Apparently Triple H didn't want t sign them after their tryout because of their size. The feeling is they are loaded with guys who aren't big that can go so the mentality coming out of these tryout camps is that WWE is looking for guys who can headline WrestleMania in five or ten years.

A lot of people went to bat for Richards and Edwards with the feeling they should get a deal and several people pushed for them to go straight to the main roster. It's said Triple H made the decision not to sign them after the NXT tapings where they lost to The Ascension.
This is gonna be super awkward if it's true. They've already had their feel-good moment sendoffs. I did see that Davey tweeted something about signing a new contract. Assumed it was WWE but perhaps not. Probably for the better IMO. While they're good, they're already loaded with Junior Heavyweights as the article says and and with nothing for them to really go after they have a pretty limited ceiling.

#1,330 ·
Depends on your perspective. I can see all parties being somewhat responsible. They're big names and WWE taking the additional looks at them and telling them not to accept televised bookings after Final Battle could have been taken as a strong indicator that they may be signing. ROH did jump the gun with it but at the same time it was looking like they were leaving. I think they set it up okay with Eddie because they gave him his farewell but then he was beat down. Still pretty awkward overall though because they've already had their big farewells and gotten verbally blown from everyone. I definitely think they should have waited for final confirmation from WWE before they did their farewell tours.

I think BJ is back to wrestling again. He's booked for IWA Mid South. I wanna think he's booked for AIW too. Nothing confirmed but I saw John Thorne tweet something about a "Never say never" moment happening at the next show and that's just my personal speculation.

#1,322 ·
You'd have to think it was Eddie/ROH because it wasn't a normal signing but a tryout, so they had to know WWE wasn't sold on them yet. Will be awkward if Eddie returns to ROH but what are you going to do.

#1,324 ·
At least there's that, I assume Whitmer is going to wrestle and they have plans just in case Strong signs with TNA before he signs another ROH contract.

#1,325 ·
Hope Whitmer is making the right decision to wrestle. Happy he is, but rather not have him risk anything else just to continue working on the indies.

Has there been rumors of Strong signing w/TNA again? Not sure how much I'd look into it as it is. Technically Kenny King & Perkins are on the roster, yet you never see 'em. (I think..)

#1,326 ·
There have been a couple of them and one of them referenced Strong's drinking as heat on him from ROH and that he was making more guaranteed money in ROH then TNA was offering. I have no idea what they'd do with Strong has they have guys just as talented as him and they only show up once a month at this point. Isn't TJP injured or something? King I think they're just going to let his contract run out and then drop him.

#1,328 ·
Well Strong seems to be in the position Daniel Bryan was in during his last days with ROH before the Final Countdown tour as a gatekeeper and measuring stick for guys while they moved on to feuds and title shots and he was just there.

Just noticed they're charging more for Hell Rising then usual. So not only are they giving Cornette the middle finger but making money off of it too.

#1,329 ·
Yes & no on that. Strong's position doesn't quite feel like Danielson's atm. Strong feels more like lazy booking, but he's good, so they luck out by giving him every random name to come to ROH over the past year & into this year. It's worked vs some & hasn't worked vs others. But I guess once you've done so much in ROH as it is, this is bound to happen. Toss in my own personal opinion on current ROH + general interest as a whole, and well, it's a drop in the bucket.

#1,331 ·
I'm watching the Steen, Hell Rising DVD (the shoot interview part) and they're upto before Steen gets the title from Davey, and Kingston (who has the Grand Title with him) is there wanting to seemingly challenge Davey at the 10th Anniversary Show. The American Wolves intro hits, everyone thinks it's gonna be Davey, but of course it's Steen (when he had the Wolves intro added to his entrance music) and Steen's out in one of those Bow-Tie shirts, eating a banana whilst holding a tennis racket with Davey's face on the cover of it, with the World Title.

I hadn't seen that part for a while until just a moment ago, and it was just as awesome seeing it again as it was the first time.

#1,332 ·
Finally finished PWG BOLA 2013 Night Two after months of putting it off. I know why I did. It's awful. Pardon that amazing six person tag match. Young Bucks + Adam Cole vs Candace LaRae. Holy shit, absolutely mind-blowing. Even better than I was hoping. Rest of the show was damn near a total bust tho. That's not the PWG I love. That's ROH lite. And it must die. Ending was epic too. Gosh, did it ever need that after a DUD of a finals.

Meanwhile I watched the first four matches on Matt Rushmore and so far it's the best PWG show of 2013. I'm fairly confident the next three matches should deliver so it's probably going to be a lock. I needed this. Restores my faith in PWG. Matt Rushmore is the kind of show I'm used to seeing w/this promotion. I hope the up & down streak of PWG ends for 2014. It can't be hot forever, but dammit, please let 'em try.

And stop booking Elgin & Ciampa.

#1,333 ·
Matt Rushmore was an unbelievably good show!! I was there :D

I'm not a fan of Elgin or Ciampa either. Elgin's pretty popular with the crowd though :no:

When I'm there, I see Ciampa trying to sell merch and his corner of the merch ring looks like Virgil's table :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.