Wrestling Forum banner

Best WWE debut of all time?

8K views 82 replies 74 participants last post by  SpeedStick 
#1 ·
I have to say Kane. It was an epic match between HBK and Taker to begin with in the cell but to have him come out at the end, rip the door of the cell, and tombstone the Undertaker was brilliant. That scene of a bloody Shawn Michaels putting his arm on The Undertaker for the pin is one that always sticks with me. Props to Jim Cornette for that one

#31 ·
Kane by a country mile.

Dat buildup.
Dat gap between the build up and the actual debut (made people forget slightly and then BAM).
Dat match.
Dat entrance.
Dat fatman.
Dat tearing off the door.
Dat hurling the ref to ground.
Dat Taker reaction.
Dat pyro. (people didn't just fucking cheer... THERE WERE GENUINE GASPS)
Dat manhandling turning tombstone.
Dat exit.

There isn't a single debut that can compete.... anywhere ever. Jericho's intro was solid but the promo wasn't his best and the Rock didn't help matters. For pure impact and effectiveness there's nothing that comes close to Kane's debut.

#36 ·
This is why I want to see Joe and Styles in WWE. Their debuts will be well received especially if held in a very smarky city.

#41 ·
Jericho, for the best DEBUT in WWF. That was pretty incredible, not just for the pop, but because of who he was interrupting.

Flair's return in 2001 was pretty awesome, again not just for the crowd, but that awesome promo he had with Vince. "WELL THE CONSORTIUM WAS ME. And now, you and I are kiss stealing, wheeling dealing, son of guns!" AWESOME

#42 ·

#44 ·
Kane.

#46 ·
I have to go with Jericho's, even if it is a common answer. That was August '99, but I had been a Jericho fan since he was in ECW in '96. Living in the Northern New Jersey/NY market, I had the MSG Network. Late at night/early Saturday Mornings (like 2-3 AM), they would show the ECW weekly TV show, and that was my first discovery to Jericho. Became a fan of his right away, and followed him when he was in WCW. Loved his crybaby heel character in WCW. But I (and many others on the internet) in '98 wanted to see him go to the WWF. I'll never forget the debut and the insane pop he got when his name popped up on the Titantron. One of the best pops ever.

#48 ·
Kane's 2nd.

Mhm.

#52 ·
Y2J, epic, memorable, great hype, and entertaining as fuck

Reactions: Lumpy McRighteous
#53 · (Edited)
It really is Kane or Jericho with all things considered.

Honorable mentions:

nWo @ No Way Out 2002 (Just so many emotions for this Hulkamaniac. It was surreal to me)

Eric Bischoff @ RAW 2003 (Is this really happening?)

Raven @ Unforgiven 2000 (I was just stoked to finally see him in the WWF)

DDP @ RAW 2001 (Loved the build-up/ revealing but DDP deserved better)

Big Show @ St. Valentine's Day Massacre

Scott Steiner @ Survivor Series 2002

More recently: The Wyatt Family. It gave me chills.

#54 ·
#55 ·
NWO (aka 'the poison') at No Way Out 2002, I loved it.
DDP 2001, stalking Undertaker's wife
Goldberg 2003, loved that also
Wyatt family, was completely eery and different
The Shield, marked out like a baby when I saw Dean Amrbose and Rollins

#56 ·
Kane. When you yank off a cell door from the hinges and make a man like the Undertaker your bitch, you made the greatest debut of all time.

#57 ·
I still remember Kane's intro, it was pretty obvious he was coming out if you watched the promo's leading up to the match but was still epic as hell. I honestly didn't think there was any way the Undertaker was going to beat him. I liked Y2J's promo but he pretty much jobbed in it, so I can't really count it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.