Wrestling Forum banner

TNA - "The New Age" of wrestling

3K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  barnesk9 
#1 · (Edited)
This is my very first attempt at a BTB. The back story has been changed just a bit

Coming soon to Be The Booker

TNA Wrestling - The New Age.

Back Story

TNA No Surrender 2006.....

MATCH: "Showtime" Eric Young def A-1..

MATCH: Jay Lethal def Petey Williams..

NO DQ 3-WAY: Abyss w/Father James Mitchell def Raven and Runt..

TAG TEAM BATTLE ROYAL: Won by The Naturals (Chase Stevens & Andy Douglas)..

X-DIVISION TITLE MATCH: Senshi def Chris Sabin to retain the X-Division title..

SUPER GRUDGE MATCH: Christian Cage def Rhino..

ULTIMATE-X: Chris Daniels & AJ Styles def LAX (Homicide & Hernandez) to win the World Tag Team titles!

FANS REVENGE LUMBERJACK STRAP MATCH: Samoa Joe def Jeff Jarrett..

No Surrender ends with the revelation that Kurt Angle would be joining TNA's roster which rocked the wrestling world.

The following month Kurt Angle made his debut first appearance in TNA's Impact Zone in Orlando, Florida. During Impact, Samoa Joe was informed that if he didn't relinquish the NWA championship belt he had stolen, he would be removed from the roster.

In an in-ring segment, Joe refused and ripped up the papers informing him. The lights went out and Kurt Angle hit the ring and got in Joe's face. He headbutted Joe and hit the Angle Slam. Angle held up the belt but Joe hit an enziguiri from behind. Joe cinched a choke on Angle and security tried to break them up. During all this, Jeff Jarrett came out retrieved his belt.

After Joe was removed from the ring, Angle took the house mic and stated that he wasn't fired (from WWE), he asked Vince McMahon for his release. He said he was back to wrestling and McMahon could kiss his "Olympic Ass."

TNA Bound for Glory 2006

Results

TAG TEAM 4-WAY: Team 3-D def America's Most Wanted and The Naturals and The James Gang...

MONSTER'S BALL: Raven def Abyss w/Father James Mitchell and Brother Runt..

LOSER GETS FIRED MATCH: Eric Young def "The Living Legend" Larry Zbyszko..

IN THE RING: Jim Cornette + Kurt Angle + Samoa Joe..

Jim Cornette already lost his voice and said he was sick as a dog but wouldn't have missed the show for anything..
Jim Cornette announced that Samoa Joe & Kurt Angle would be allowed settle their issue at some point in the future..
Kurt Angle came out and said he will do his job later tonight and call the Sting vs Jarrett match down the middle..
Kurt Angle then address Samoa Joe, who almost immediately came out and engaged in a lengthy pull-apart brawl..

TNA X-DIVISION TITLE MATCH: Chris Sabin def Senshi to win the X-Division title!

8-MILE STREET FIGHT: Christian Cage def Rhino...

SIX SIDES OF STEEL MATCH: LAX (Homicide & Hernandez) def Chris Daniels & AJ Styles to win the Tag Team titles!

CAREER VS NWA WORLD TITLE MATCH: Sting def Jeff Jarrett to win the NWA World Heavywieght title!

Kurt Angle was introduced and stood outside the ring acting as the ringside enforcer for the match...
Sting underwent a "transformation" 20 pounds lighter with new red & black tights and red & white face paint..
Kurt Angle was very aggressive whenever the action spilled to the floor even pulling a chair from Jarrett's hands..
Kurt Angle later grabbed a chair out of Sting's hands and Jeff Jarrett pushed the chair into Kurt Angle's face!
Both men got knocked out and the referee was about to count to 10 when Samoa Joe came down and took out the referee and Kurt Angle
Joe and Kurt Angle fought to the back and the referee woke and told Sting and Jeff Jarrett to "get it on!"..
A few minutes later, Jeff Jarrett locked Sting in the Figure Four but Sting eventually reversed it..
Jeff Jarrett bravely put Sting in the Ankle lock (Kurt Angle's finisher)..
Jeff Jarrett smashed a guitar over Sting's head but he no-sold it and put Jarrett in the Scorpion Deathlock!
Jeff Jarrett tapped out giving Sting the victory to win the NWA World Heavyweight championship!!!!!

ROSTER

A1
Abyss
AJ Styles
Alex Shelley
Andy Douglas
Austin Starr
BG James
Bobby Roode
Brother Devon
Brother Ray
Brother Runt
Chase Stevens
Christopher Daniels
Chris Harris
Chris Sabin
Christian Cage
Christy Hemme
David Young
Elix Skipper
Eric Young
Gail Kim
Hernandez
Homicide
Jackie
James Mitchell
James Storm
Jay Lethal
Jeff Jarrett
Jerry Lynn
Johnny Devine
Kevin Nash
Kip James
Konnan
Lance Hoyt
Low Ki
Matt Bentley
Petey Williams
Raven
Rhino
Roderick Strong
Ron Killings
Samoa Joe
Scott Steiner
Shane Douglas
Shark Boy
Simon Diamond
Sonjay Dutt
Sting
Traci

NWA World Heavyweight Champion: Jeff Jarret
X-Division Champion: Chris Sabin
NWA Tag Team Champions: L.A.X.

See less See more
#3 ·
I'm a huge fan of this time mate. The Samoa Joe / Kurt Angle feud was the highlight moving forward at this time, but Russo really got involved after BFG and Sting lost his title by DQ with Abyss and then moved into the horrible Abyss' Mother shot James Mitchell in the back he went to jail, met Tomko, and Christian knew his "secret" story which I'm sure you could really get rid of or make much better. Also due to his wife being sick Jarrett left but you could have him stay and kick off Angle's first feud since most the IWC believe the Joe/ Angle feud should have been built for a whole year to the next BFG. Any way good luck with this I'll be reading

#4 ·
Backstage updates

Backstage updates

Bound for Glory was said to be a huge success internally. Each match was better than expected.

Team 3-D is more focused than ever about winning the NWA tag team titles and have their sights set on the new champs LAX.

Eric Young is said to be elated that he still has a job in TNA.

The Monster's ball match saw Raven Defeat Abyss and Brother Runt when Abyss was unable to break a pin after being handcuffed to the ropes by Raven.
Abyss says he has unfinished business with Raven and he wants to settle the score once and for all.

Chris Sabin became a 3 time X-Division champion with his victory over Senshi and says he has no plans to let the title go any time soon.

After winning the 8 mile street fight, Christian feels that he should now be the number 1 contender for the NWA heavyweight title.

Jeff Jarrett blames Samoa Joe for his loss of the NWA world Heavyweight Title and says Sting doesn't deserve to be the champion. Sting says at this point in his career
he feels better than ever and he could go a few more years.

Fans left the arena talking about the main event and the brawl between
Samoa Joe and Kurt Angle and the world is buzzing over when Kurt is actually going to wrestle his first match.

A few wrestlers are banged up from the PPV. AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels as well as LAX are after their war in the six sides of steel.
The particpants of the Monster's ball match and 8 mile street fight were seen in the back at Bound for Glory bruised and limping around.

Jim Cornette has said that this upcoming episode of Impact is going to set the pace for TNA going forward.
He has an announcement for each division.
He also plans to address the statement that he made about the match between Joe and Angle.

#5 ·

TNA IMPACT

Tenay:
Welcome fans to TNA Impact. This is Mike Tenay along with Don West and
we are coming off of the biggest Pay Per View event in TNA history.

Don West:
You're absolutely correct Tenay. So many things took place night
we have new Tag Champions, We have a new X-Division champion,
and history was made as we saw Sting become NWA champion after defeating Jeff Jarrett.

Tenay:
Don what about the confrontation between Samoa Joe and Kurt Angle? Those two fought right out of the arena while Angle was supposed to be the special enforcer of the title match. Tonight Jim Cornette is going to finally make a statement about it. Also tonight he's already stated that we will see the newly crowned tag team champions LAX in action against the Diamonds in the Rough.

Before Tenay can finish the lights go out in the Impact Zone and Sting's music hits. The fans go absolutely insane for the new NWA champ.

Sting enters the arena with the same Jacket he wore at Bound For Glory. He bows to the fans on his way to the ring and stands at the entrance ramp to take in the reaction before letting out his signature "WOO" and making his way to the ring

Tenay:
The new NWA champ is here and he looks great. After all the trials and tribulations he had to go through, risking his career, his livelihood. Putting it all on the line and now he's here.

Sting finally gets a mic and the fans chant "STING STING STING" and "You Still Got It" for a few minutes before he is able to actually speak

Sting:
"Thank you all. It's nice to hear you tell me that I've still got it, Because for a while I wasn't sure."

Another chant begins but Sting talks over it

Sting:
"I have to give it to Jeff Jarrett. He got to me, he made me think it might be time for me to hang up the old boots and go fishing. He berated me, he tormented me, he made me go to a dark place that I hadn't been in years....... and that was his mistake!"

*crowd pops*

Sting:
"Ya see Jeff, what you did was you gave me the fire. You lit a spark under my backside and you forced me to show up. You thought by me putting my career on the line that I had everything to lose.... That's where you went wrong Jeff .... I had NOTHING to lose. If I were to never step foot in the ring again I'd go home happy. I'd look back with fond memories and smile about the life I lived. By reminding me of that, you turned everything to lose into nothing to lose and everything to gain. Now I stand before all of you again the NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION!!!!!!!!!!

Sting raises the belt high and the crowd goes insane. Before Sting can continue "MY World" hits and Jeff Jarrett bursts through the entrance making a bee-line to the ring and getting a mic

Jeff Jarrett:
"Shut it off, cut the music, shut it down, I gots something to say and I'm gonna say it"

The crowd erupts with boos and "You Tapped Out" Chants

Jeff Jarrett:
"You're all scum, the whole lot of ya. Cheering this man and telling him he's still got it"

The boos get even louder

Jeff Jarrett:
"Sting you're an absolute joke. Walking around here with MY belt and calling yourself a champion. What you did last Sunday should have gotten you arrested. You ROBBED me of my championship with the help of Samoa Joe and Kurt Angle"

The crowd starts to chant for Angle and Joe

Jeff Jarrett:
"Sting how have you been able to sleep with yourself at night? Knowing that that title belt doesn't belong to you? You pilfered it from me because that fat screw up and the Olympic failure decided to go into business for themselves during my match. I had you in the figure 4 in the middle of that ring and no ref was there. I had you BEAT!!!! You caint beat me, you never could beat me and you never will beat me. You're pathetic, You're a paper champion, and I'm warning you....give me back my belt"

Jarrett extends his hands to take the belt from Sting

Sting:
"Jeff I'd love to entertain your story I really would, but I'm gonna make it short and simple, You want this belt? Come take it from me"

The crowd goes nuts. Sting Drops the Mic. Then he removes his coat and the NWA title belt. Jarrett attacks Sting and a brawl breaks out.

Tenay:
"Here we go, Sting issued the challenge and Jarrett accepted"

During the brawl Jarrett gets the upper hand. He grabs the NWA belt off the mat and waits to hit Sting with it. He reels back and then.....

Don West:
"Jarrett swings that NWA title, but Sting ducks and SCORPION DEATH DROP!!!!!! Right in the center of the ring"

Jarrett is out from that scorpion death drop. Sting looks down, picks up his belt and coat and leaves the ring.

Tenay:
"Well Jarrett tried to rain on Sting's parade and it looks like it backfired. The sparks are flying already on this edition of Impact"

Don West:
"You can say that again. We haven't even had our first match of the night"

Tenay:
Well it won't be long before that happens. We get a chance to see our new NWA Tag Champions LAX in action.

LAX's theme hits and they make their way to the ring with Konnan. They are donning Mexican flags and carrying their newly earned gold. When they make it to the ring Konnan requests a microphone.

Konnan:
"Yo yo yo yo yo let me speak on this... We earned our belts back from those two gringos AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels in a six sides of steel match. We didn't cheat, we didn't run, we walked in like some gangstas and took our gold back"

a mixed reaction as some fans respect the tremendous show the duo put on at Bound For Glory

Konnan:
"But that's not what it's all about tonight. Tonight we start Operation: Extinction. So if you step to LAX you better have a will written up cuz it's the last time you'll breathe holmes. We're the pride of the Latino nation and we'll die over these belts. What we gonna do, is 1 by 1 take every team out until nobody can even fight for these titles. Team 3-D, you earned the right to face my boys for these tag belts but you might wanna rethink that, cuz we ain't running, we ain't hiding and if we have to we'll put you down with a bullet right between the eyes"

Homicide:
"bbbbdddddddrrrrrrraaaaaattttttt!!!!!!!"

Hernandez
"Believe dat"

The crowd seems a bit stunned by the words of LAX. The Diamonds in the rough music hits and they are on their way to the ring with Simon Diamond.

Jeremy Borash:
"The following contest is scheduled for one fall. Making their way to the ring led by Simon Diamond, Elix Skipper and David Young, The Diamonds in the Rough"

Match 1
LAX vs The Diamonds in the Rough

The match begins with Hernandez and David Young locking up. Hernandez uses his power to his advantage and tosses Young across the ring. Hernandez continues to use his power in the early minutes of the match making slight work of Young. Young finally begins to mount some offense when he makes a costly mistake. He runs the ropes to attack his opponent and is met with a huge shoulder tackle that stops him in his tracks. Homicide is tagged in and the team does their signature move. Hernandez presses Young into the air after an irish whip and Homicide meets him on the way down with an Ace crusher. Hernandez knocks skipper off the apron and Homicide gets the easy 3-count and the bell rings.

Jeremy Borash:
The winners of this contest. The NWA tag team champions. The Latin American Exchange.

After the match, Konnan gives a signal to the tag champs. With that they proceed to continue to attack the Diamonds in the Rough as well as Simon Diamond. Hernandez gives them all border tosses and Homicide uses a chair on their already ravaged bodies. The assault continues until Konnan calls them off. The trio leaves the ring and the Diamonds receive medical attention.

Don West:
My goodness that was just a mauling by the Latin American Exchange.

Tenay:
Is this what operation: Extinction all about??? No one in the ring is moving. That was just unnecessary and violent for the sake of violence.

Don West:
I agree 100% fans we'll certainly keep you posted on the condition of these three men.

Tenay:
We most certainly will but right now I'm getting word that Christian Cage is standing by backstage and he has something to say.

We go to the back where Christian is standing bye in street clothes. He seems to be very calm.

Christian Cage:
Vitti... Vetti.... Vicci..... I came I saw I conquered. Rhino, you challenged me to a match of your choosing....A 8 mile street fight. You invited me to your world and I walked out victorious.

Crowd Cheers

Christian Cage:
That's now in the past. I'm standing at the top of the mountain and I see an even higher one in the distance. At the top of it is the NWA Heavyweight title. Since I walked into this place It's been my goal to be champion and now the path is clear. I've been places before where I've been told "Kid you're good, you've done a lot but you aren't championship material" Well not anymore. I refuse to be denied. The NWA Heavyweight championship will be mine. I don't care if it's Sting, Jeff Jarrett, Samoa Joe, Kurt Angle, Jim from the gas station or Judy Bagwell. I'm going to get my hands on that belt and no one is gonna stop me. So Cornette..... LISTEN UP!!! I'm throwing my hat in the ring for the world title and THAT'S HOW I ROLL!!!!

Tenay:
Huge words from Christian Cage. Making it known that he wants to be heavyweight champion and no one is gonna stop him.

Don West:
I heard it and it makes sense. The man has yet to be pinned in the ring. He's coming off a huge win so his case has some weight behind it.

Tenay:
I agree Don. In my opinion he's the frontrunner for a title shot.

Don West
I'm not sure Mike. There's so much talent here that anyone could be the #1 contender.

Tenay:
Let's go back to ringside, it's looks like our next match is about to begin.

Match 2
X-Division 6 corner scramble match
Eric Young vs Austin Aries vs Matt Bentley vs Roderick Strong vs Shark Boy vs Sonjay Dutt

*All six participants make their way to the ring.*

Tenay:
Jim Cornette himself has ordered this match to determine a new number 1 contender for the X-Division title.

The match starts off with all 6 men in a corner. They all pair off and begin trading punches. Aries and Matt Bentley are in one corner. Shark Boy and Sonjay Dutt in one as well. Young and Roderick Strong

Tenay:
This match is gonna go on for 15 minutes and the winner at the person who scores the final pinfall or submission will win the match and become the number 1 contender to Chris Sabin's newly won X-Division title.

A few minutes past and no one has scored a pinfall. The pairs have not changed but the action continues.

Strong clothelines Eric Young out of the ring and proceeds to hit Shark Boy from behind. Aries hits the ropes and dives through giving Eric Young a flying forearm. Bentley follows right behind him flying over the top rope. Not to be outdone, Sonjay Dutt hits the top rope diving out and landing on the three men on the outside. The crowd begans to chant "TNA TNA TNA as the action in the ring continues.

Roderick Strong picks Shark Boy up for a powerbomb and turns it to a backbreaker.

Don West
OH MY GOODNESS!!! WHAT A MOVE!

Strong pins Shark Boy for the first fall of the match and is currently in control. Eric Young is the first one back inside the ring and goes after Roderick Strong. Young throws a right and Strong reverses the punch and turns it into a double underhook backbreaker, taking him out. Bentley comes into the ring and Aries comes in from the other side. Aries and Bentley take Strong out with twin dropkicks and take him down. They then begin attacking each other. Eventually Aries lands a brainbuster on Bentley and gets the 1 2 3 and takes control in the match.

Don West
Aries has control of the match and we have just about 2 minutes left.

Right after the pin Sonjay Dutt flys off the top rope landing a Hindu press on Aries and goes for the cover. Young pulls him off and goes for his own pin. Dutt pulls him off and the two begin arguing. Bently spins Dutt around and lands a super kick. Strong grabs Young and delivers a torture rack to double knee backbreaker taking him out. Bentley then nails Strong with a superkick. Shark Boy comes from nowhere off the top rope with a huge missle dropkick taking out Bentley. He then pins him for the 3 and control of the match.

Don West
Shark Boy with the cover and we have 15 seconds left!!!! Out of nowhere!!!!!

Shark Boy begins to celebrate with the crowd as they chant Shark Boy Shark Boy Shark Boy. Aries spins him around and delivers a quick brainbuster. With just seconds left he goes for the pin.......1........2....................3!!!!!!!!! Aries gets the pin with only 4 seconds left. 4...3...2....1.... ding ding ding...Aries wins!!!

Don West:
Austin Aries steals one and becomes the #1 contender for the X-Division title.

Tenay:
How close did Shark Boy come to earning that spot Don? That match was action from top to bottom.

Don West:
That's what the X-Division is all about. Action is what we do.

The cameras cut to the locker room where Shane Douglas and the Naturals are.

Shane Douglas:
YOU GOTTA WANT IT!!!! You aren't gonna be handed anything in this business. It's just not gonna work that way. I need you guys to be focused. At Bound For Glory you had that match in the bag. You guys took your eye off the ball for a SECOND... ONE SECOND. That's all it took for you to lose.

Chase Stevens:
You're right coach. We made a mistake and we slipped up.

Andy Douglas:
We won't make the same mistake again. It's not gonna happen.

Shane Douglas:
I know it won't.... Remember, if you aren't playing to win there is no point in playing. Now hands in, Hard Work on 3

All:
HARD WORK!!!!

Shane Douglas:
Now let's get back to training.

Tenay:
The Naturals don't seem to be too shaken up after losing in such dramatic fashion at Bound For Glory with that 3-D out of nowhere from Team 3-D.

Don West
With Shane Douglas as their coach I don't think they have the time to be. They're more worried about not disappointing him.

Mike Tenay:
Good point there Don.......

Before Tenay can finish he's interrupted by James Mitchell who has made his way into the impact zone.

Mike Tenay:
A room full of drones.... That's right you're all mindless drones who believe whatever the upper brass feeds you. You're self worth is less than the price of that dollar menu you eat from every day. Any of you who believe that my monster, my perfect creation was defeated by the likes of the filth monger Raven in Monster's ball, you are a sheep. He could not contain the monster so what did he do? He shackled him to the rope as if he were an animal because he knew that Abyss was too much for him. He cheated to win and you all believed it to be so but tonight... Oh tonight we right that wrong. My monster will maim the Raven, feather by feather and once he's done he will go on to challenge to become the Number 1 contender for the NWA heavyweight championship.

Main Event
Abyss vs. Raven
Street Fight

Abyss has already made his way to the ring. Raven is now on his way out with a huge bag full of weapons. Much to the delight of the fans.

Mike Tenay:
Here we go fans, it's our main event of the night. Abyss wants his revenge for what he feels like is a match he didn't lose.

Don West
Well he certainly didn't win the match.

Mike Tenay:
Nonetheless Don we have ourselves a main event to finally settle the score between these two.

Before Raven can even enter the ring Abyss meets him at the foot of the ramp and the two begin brawling. The bag of weapons spills to the ground and there are loads of weapons on the ground, a stop sign, a singapore cane, and a horse shoe to name a few. The brawl goes all over the floor and eventually makes it into the ring. The bell rings and the match is finally underway. Raven is already bleeding from his forehead. Every time Raven attempts to mount any offense Abyss shuts it down with ease. He begins to use the weapons that Raven brought to the ring with him. First the cane, shot after shot across the back, then the chest. Raven's body instantly welting from each stiff shot. Mitchell is smiling outside the ring from ear to ear at the display of carnage being shown in the ring.

Raven again attempts to fight back again and this time lands a few right hands but again Abyss fights him off. Now he leaves the ring and reaches under the apron to reveal a barbed wire 2x4. The crowd cheers at the sight of the weapon of Abyss's choice.

Don West
Oh no, this isn't gonna be good.....

Abyss hits Raven with the 2x4 in the stomach, doubling him over. Then hitting him in the back repeatedly. He then takes the weapon and grinds the barbed wire into Raven's face.

Don West
My God this is brutal...

The assault continues in the ring. Raven is screaming from the pain. The ring mat is now stained with Raven's blood. Abyss again leaves the ring. This time he looks through the bag that Raven carried during his entrance. This time he removes a smaller bag from the inside....

Mike Tenay
Could that be what I think it is?????

Abyss opens the bag and begins to smile. It's a bag full of thumbtacks!!!!!!! Abyss spreads them out in the ring as Raven lie motionless in the ring. Abyss goes over to pick him up and delivers a black hole slam to the thumbtacks. Raven is writhing in pain in the middle of the ring as Abyss goes for the cover. 1....2......3!! This match is officially over.

Mike Tenay
This wasn't a match it was a freaking massacare. Raven is barely alive in the ring.

Abyss and James Mitchell leave the ring with a look of elation at the sight of the mangled body of Raven while medical attention is being administered on him. Raven is placed on a stretcher and carried wheeled out of the arena. When he reaches the entrance tunnel. Jim Cornette is on his way out. Cornette takes a look at Raven, shakes his head and makes his way to the ring.

Mike Tenay
This is the man we've been waiting to see all night.

Cornette:
Impact fans, first and foremost I wanna thank you all for being here tonight in the impact zone.

The Crowd Cheers

Cornette:
As you saw earlier. I've addressed the X-Division title number one contender situation with the scramble match. The tag team division has contenders now as well. There's only two other things that I need to take care of. Firstly the number one contender to the NWA world title. Now's there's a few guys who have made it clear that they want a shot and some of their cases are hard to argue. So next week we will have a win and you're in number one contenders matches. The rules are simple, you win your match and you're in. The three men who will get matches are Christian Cage, Jeff Jarrett, and Abyss.

The Crowd Cheers

Cornette:
And now to address this Samoa Joe and Kurt Angle mess. The internet has been going crazy, my email has been full for days, my phone has been ringing nonstop and everyone wants to know what's gonna happen. Now what I'm about to say is probably gonna ruffle some feathers but I have to do whats right...... There will be NO match between these two men.

The Crowd Explodes with its loudest boos the entire night. A faint Bullshit chant can be heard as well.

Cornette:
I know, I know, it pains me to do it but it has to be now I hav.............

Before Cornette can finish Kurt Angle's music hits and he marches straight to the ring focused on Cornette the entire way. When he enters the ring he snatches the mic out of his hand

Angle:
WHAT THE HELL JIM????? WHAT DO YOU MEAN THERE ISNT GONNA BE A MATCH?????

Cornette:
Now Kurt let's get one thing straight. You don't just walk in here and just waltz to the top. It doesn't work like that on my show. You want this match I can't just allow you to face one of my top teir guys without proving yourself first.

More boos

Angle:
Prove myself??? I'm Kurt FREAKING ANGLE!!!!!!!!

The crowd begins to chant for Angle

Angle:
I came here to challenge the best and that's what's gonna happen. Whether you allow it or not.

The crowd cheers again. The crowd gets even louder when Samoa Joe's theme hits and he walks into the impact zone.

Joe:

Joe has a mic but doesn't say a word. He stares Kurt Angle in the eye in the ring. The stare is intense and the crowd is going insane. After the crowd dies down a little Joe takes the mic............ and hits Angle in the face with it, starting one of their now famous pull-apart brawls. The two trade punches as security fights to break them up. It is complete chaos in the ring. The fight goes on for minutes with no end in sight when security finally gets them seperated. Cornette takes the mic.......

Cornette:
I cain't take it anymore, I'm tired of hearing about it, I'm tired of thinking about it. Against my better judgement I'm going to allow you two to settle your differences in the ring. You want it? You got it. At TNA Genesis it's Kurt Angle vs Samoa Joe!!!

The crowd goes ballistic chanting TNA!!!!!!!

Don West:
OOOHHHH YEEAAAHHH!!!! THIS ONE IS GONNA BE ONE FOR THE AGES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The last shot shows each man staring at one another while security is holding them back as the show ends.

#6 ·
The Lariat Review

I've been waiting for your first show mate and here is my review. Now just like as if I was in a Raw or Impact thread I'm going to give my thoughts on the show. Now don't take my comments as anything but a fanboy talking about wrestling as we all know fanboys can love and hate certain segments.

I like that impact is still just the 1 hour show like it was back then. I think this really offers up a challenge for you as you won't be able to put everyone on your roster on the show every episode. This will frustrate some readers and yourself no doubt as you'll want to have certain guys on but you can't fit them in. All I can suggest is to make sure every match counts and there is no filler. For example, LAX's match was a squash, but it served to begin Project Extinction. Which I'm sure is your big storyline for the tag division (I'll go into that segment a little later on) but with only one hour everything needs to be noteworthy. So after you write the show I suggest just going over it again and seeing if there is anything in there that is just filler and asking yourself is this segment just padding, or can I include a major star in this spot that isn't on the show and get them to do some thing that will enhance my episode.

So onto your first show coming off of BFG. It would have been cool if you wrote a kind of recap video of the event. I know Mike and Don went through the major highlights but something a little extra could go a long way in establishing your BTB.

In any case I like Mike and Don opening the show quickly because it adds that sports element. When you watch football the commentators always open the show and give some sort of analysis on who they think will win etc. TNA having this as much as possible is a great idea.

And here we go and the new Heavyweight Champion of the World, the Icon Sting walks out to address his win. I really liked Sting's promo it was a little bit different from the Icon and a little human. Jarrett not wanting a rematch wouldn't make much sense, but his time in the title scene/ main event is no longer required. His promo although is wrestling heel 101 withTNA not being the biggest company, it should always be trying to promote its stars at any opportunity. Jarrett calling Joe and Angle losers or failures isn't productive. Sonsabitches or bastards etc would have been better here. Also it would have been a good excuse to transition Jarrett out of the title scene by feuding with Angle for in his mind, Kurt cost him the title. Any way... It was a star power opener for the aftermath show.

LAX kick the matches off with a Konnan promo. I'm so excited about this time because LAX in my mind were the top heels in the business. Ruthless, remorseless, they had an agenda, and excellent promo guy and a great in ring presence. As mentioned above it was a squash match but it was to begin the LAX era over the Tag division. "The Tag Team Champions are in action tonight" is very TNA and I liked that. LAX were never ever going to be troubled by the jobber Diamonds which is ok. I just hope whoever the next contenders to their titles are big players like AMW. That feud played out IRL but was marred but AMW breaking up storyline. I wold love to have seen a really multi month program between these two teams due to the whole political anti America stance by Konnan and of course AMW being nothing but patriots. But I like Project:Extinction and am looking forward tohow how you move forward there.

Christian Cage promo.much preferred this to the IRL part where he just appeared in the ring and didn't even allow Sting to celebrate his BFG victory. Cage is a big name for TNA and it was good for him to get into the title picture this way.

Everyone loves Austin Aries. Straight out of the blocks we have a new #1 contender for Sabin's newly won X title. Sabin not being on the show was alittle bit of a let down. A backstage promo on his win or he could have been on commentary scouting the match. Or come out at the end holding the belt up inAries' face. Also just like IRL Senshi just disappeared.Jarrett got his spotlight wanting a rematch, what about The World Warrior? Speaking of rematches where was AJ and Daniels?

Instead we get a Naturals and Douglas promo.

If Raven and Abyss were the main event I think some promotion of the match at the start and in the middle of the show could have gone a long way. Any way always good to have a gimmick match withAbyss being solidified as a top guy once again. Mitchell with Abyss is just as good as Konnan with LAX and another reason TNAwas so good back then. Also maybe a little bit more promotion or talking up of Raven's motivations would have been great here. Raven as a face was one of Jarrett's major opponents before Sting sort of came back on the scene. He was a major face and it would have been good to capitalize on this a little bit more.

It seems that you are possibly writing Raven out of TNA here... Not sure, he had the Seratonin thing coming up IRL so maybe that's the catalyst for you doing something like this even though that group turned into a job squad.

The final segment didn't really do it for me. Just likeAngle says, he doesn't have to earn shit in TNA he is the biggest signing they have got. If anything it would be a baby face Kurt wanting to earn his spot. In any case Kurt vs Joe will go ahead as it did before. I'm looking forward to how you book this feud, but I was hoping you were going to build it to next BFG, but I guess it is upto you on how you want these characters to play out. Although it wasn't fantastic we've seen with Cena and Rock you can build a long term feud. With Joe being so dominant at this time everyone thought it was going to be Joe and Sting for the title. And then it would move into Kurt vs joe for the title. But you could very well have Joe defeat Angle instead of how it played out IRL. So I'm interested at how you move forward.

Not a bad show to start things off. A Joe/Kurt pull apart is always food but the TNA audience has already seen it twice before, so it was nothing new. Also no AJ and Daniels for me left a small hole in the show. hope to see these guys and AMW next episode.

Can't wait for next episode

#7 ·
Post Impact Update
Post Impact Update

After the attack by LAX. Elix Skipper and David Young may be out of action for some time. When asked about the feelings towards the injuries doled out to the Diamonds in The Rough, LAX responded "that's just the beginning"

As seen on Thursday the Naturals continue their training with coach Shane Douglas. Shane Douglas has suggested to Cornette that the two be in action on the next episode of Impact.

Shark Boy was noticeably upset backstage after losing the X-Division scramble match

After the street fight between Raven and Abyss, Raven is said to be in very bad shape. The future of his career has been called into question as he had multiple lacerations as well as at least 2 broken ribs. With his contract having only a few months left this may be a way for TNA to sever ties with him.

Cornette has said that at Genesis the match is going to happen. Kurt Angle and Samoa Joe will wrestle for the first time in history. Jim Cornette has no desire for this match to happen but knows that he cannot deny the reaction of the fans who want this to happen.

Cornette has also said that he has opponents for everyone in the "win and your in" challenges.

#8 ·
I like that impact is still just the 1 hour show like it was back then. I think this really offers up a challenge for you as you won't be able to put everyone on your roster on the show every episode. This will frustrate some readers and yourself no doubt as you'll want to have certain guys on but you can't fit them in. All I can suggest is to make sure every match counts and there is no filler. For example, LAX's match was a squash, but it served to begin Project Extinction. Which I'm sure is your big storyline for the tag division (I'll go into that segment a little later on) but with only one hour everything needs to be noteworthy. So after you write the show I suggest just going over it again and seeing if there is anything in there that is just filler and asking yourself is this segment just padding, or can I include a major star in this spot that isn't on the show and get them to do some thing that will enhance my episode.
Thanks for that. Everything that is done will lead to something so what may appear as filler may be something where later on you go back and say oooooooh that's why that happened.

So onto your first show coming off of BFG. It would have been cool if you wrote a kind of recap video of the event. I know Mike and Don went through the major highlights but something a little extra could go a long way in establishing your BTB.

In any case I like Mike and Don opening the show quickly because it adds that sports element. When you watch football the commentators always open the show and give some sort of analysis on who they think will win etc. TNA having this as much as possible is a great idea.
I thought about it, mulled it over about 10 times but in the end I decided to get straight into the story because it's the very beginning of this BTB.

And here we go and the new Heavyweight Champion of the World, the Icon Sting walks out to address his win. I really liked Sting's promo it was a little bit different from the Icon and a little human. Jarrett not wanting a rematch wouldn't make much sense, but his time in the title scene/ main event is no longer required. His promo although is wrestling heel 101 with TNA not being the biggest company, it should always be trying to promote its stars at any opportunity. Jarrett calling Joe and Angle losers or failures isn't productive. Sonsabitches or bastards etc would have been better here. Also it would have been a good excuse to transition Jarrett out of the title scene by feuding with Angle for in his mind, Kurt cost him the title. Any way... It was a star power opener for the aftermath show.
Jarrett would never be respectful to anyone who stood in his way of getting the title regardless of how the world views them but I get what you're saying.

LAX kick the matches off with a Konnan promo. I'm so excited about this time because LAX in my mind were the top heels in the business. Ruthless, remorseless, they had an agenda, and excellent promo guy and a great in ring presence. As mentioned above it was a squash match but it was to begin the LAX era over the Tag division. "The Tag Team Champions are in action tonight" is very TNA and I liked that. LAX were never ever going to be troubled by the jobber Diamonds which is ok. I just hope whoever the next contenders to their titles are big players like AMW. That feud played out IRL but was marred but AMW breaking up storyline. I wold love to have seen a really multi month program between these two teams due to the whole political anti America stance by Konnan and of course AMW being nothing but patriots. But I like Project:Extinction and am looking forward to how how you move forward there.
Operation:Extinction is just getting started. I don't want to give away too much

Christian Cage promo.much preferred this to the IRL part where he just appeared in the ring and didn't even allow Sting to celebrate his BFG victory. Cage is a big name for TNA and it was good for him to get into the title picture this way.
Everyone loves Austin Aries. Straight out of the blocks we have a new #1 contender for Sabin's newly won X title. Sabin not being on the show was alittle bit of a let down. A backstage promo on his win or he could have been on commentary scouting the match. Or come out at the end holding the belt up in Aries' face. Also just like IRL Senshi just disappeared.Jarrett got his spotlight wanting a rematch, what about The World Warrior? Speaking of rematches where was AJ and Daniels?
That's one of the pitfalls of the 1 hour shows at this point. Some people can't be on the show.

If Raven and Abyss were the main event I think some promotion of the match at the start and in the middle of the show could have gone a long way. Any way always good to have a gimmick match withAbyss being solidified as a top guy once again. Mitchell with Abyss is just as good as Konnan with LAX and another reason TNA was so good back then. Also maybe a little bit more promotion or talking up of Raven's motivations would have been great here. Raven as a face was one of Jarrett's major opponents before Sting sort of came back on the scene. He was a major face and it would have been good to capitalize on this a little bit more.

It seems that you are possibly writing Raven out of TNA here... Not sure, he had the Seratonin thing coming up IRL so maybe that's the catalyst for you doing something like this even though that group turned into a job squad.
I'm not one to talk about my plans but you can rest assured that Serotonin is not going to happen here. They were probably my absolute least favorite stable of all time.

The final segment didn't really do it for me. Just like Angle says, he doesn't have to earn shit in TNA he is the biggest signing they have got. If anything it would be a baby face Kurt wanting to earn his spot. In any case Kurt vs Joe will go ahead as it did before. I'm looking forward to how you book this feud, but I was hoping you were going to build it to next BFG, but I guess it is upto you on how you want these characters to play out. Although it wasn't fantastic we've seen with Cena and Rock you can build a long term feud. With Joe being so dominant at this time everyone thought it was going to be Joe and Sting for the title. And then it would move into Kurt vs joe for the title. But you could very well have Joe defeat Angle instead of how it played out IRL. So I'm interested at how you move forward.

Not a bad show to start things off. A Joe/Kurt pull apart is always food but the TNA audience has already seen it twice before, so it was nothing new. Also no AJ and Daniels for me left a small hole in the show. hope to see these guys and AMW next episode.

Can't wait for next episode
I want you to remember this part of your review going forward lol. Thanks for the feedback

#9 ·
Impact Preview
Impact Preview

Shane Douglas hand picked a team for the Naturals to face this week.

This weeks episode of Impact will see three "Win to get in" matches to determine the number one contender for Sting's NWA World heavyweight title.

The wrestlers involved will be Christian Cage, Abyss, and Jeff Jarrett. They will have no idea who their opponents will be until the match begins.

Sting is said to not be worried about the fact that he may have to meet with three people in the ring in his first title defense.

A Cornette representative noted that Cornette will make a stipulation surrounding the Angle vs. Joe match.

#10 ·

TNA IMPACT

We open the show with a recap of last episode. First we see LAX talking about Operation:Extinction and taking out the Diamonds in the Rough. Next we get a shot of Austin Aries winning the X-Division Scramble in the last few seconds to become the number 1 contender. The following shot shows Sting giving Jarrett the scorpion death drop and walking out of the ring. Lastly we see Samoa Joe being pulled apart and Cornette making their match at Genesis.

*Fireworks go off in the Impact Zone and the camera pans around the Impact Zone showing fans getting pumped up for the show and chanting TNA TNA TNA!!!!

Tenay
Welcome fans to TNA impact I'm Mike Tenay along with Don West and.....

Before Tenay can finish the crowds cheers quickly turn into boos as Jim Cornette makes his way to the ring.*[/COLOR][/i][/b]

Cornette:
It's nice to see you all too. I don't wanna take all night talking your ears off so I'll get straight to the point. As you've all heard by now Samoa Joe vs. Kurt Angle is official for Genesis.

Crowd Cheers

Cornette:
You've also seen that the two can't seem to be in the same place without a brawl ensuing. So to protect both of them from injury before Genesis, I've barred them from the arena tonight.

The crowd reacts instantly, turning their cheers into boos.

Cornette:
I know you'd all love to see them brawl all over this place but I have to protect my investment in these athletes. This is a marquee match and I'm sure you all want them at their best at Genesis. So I've also decided to issue a no contact clause for their match. If either man touches the other before their match, they will lose and also be suspended indefinitely.

Even More Boos

Cornette:
I see I just can't win with you guys on this one. I promise you that the match will definitely be worth it and you'll forget all about this. Now on to tonight. We will crown a number 1 contender for the NWA heavyweight championship with the "win and get in" matches which are gonna start right now. So Abyss come on down.

JB
Making his way to the ring accompanied by Father James Mitchell.. The monster Aaabbbbyyyssssss!!!!!!

Abyss makes his way to the ring with father James Mitchell the two wait to hear the announcement of his opponent

Tenay
Now we await his opponent.. Who could it be?

The arena falls silent then....... Rhino's music hits

JB:
Annnnd his opponent from Detroit Michigan, The War Machine... RHIIIIIINOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Rhino runs down the ramp and makes his entrance

Don West
The war machine is back in the Impact Zone and he looks angry.

Tenay
We haven't seen him since that 8 mile street fight. You have to wonder if he's 100% here tonight Don

*The bell rings and the two stand in the middle of the ring trading punches*

Don West
These two aren't wasting any time

*Rhino takes control of the match pounding Abyss with huge forearms to his back.... He lifts him up, gives him an irish whip and follows with a shoulder block Abyss doesn't seemed phased by the maneuver. Rhino attempts a second shoulder block and it has the same result. On a third try Abyss tries to meet Rhino with a clothesline but Rhino ducks, hits the ropes and...*

Tenay:
Flying shoulder block by the war machine, taking Abyss right off his feet.

*Rhino begins to stomp Abyss but none of it really seems to affect him but Rhino continues to pound. Abyss works his way to his feet amid the pummelling of Rhino. Abyss takes everything he throws at him and starts to fight back with punches and kicks of his own. Abyss seems to be overpowering the war machine and taking control of the match. The match continues with Abyss in control for several minutes........*

Tenay:
I don't think we've ever seen anyone handle Rhino the way Abyss is right now

Don:
You have to wonder did Rhino decide to come back too early after that street fight. He's looked fired up coming into this one but like you said we've never seen him manhandled like this.

*Rhino is climbing back to his feet while Abyss is stalking him waiting for him to stand. Rhino hits his feet and Abyss hits the ropes. He lunges toward Rhino and he's met with a huge belly to belly suplex. Rhino, now noticeably banged up is on the attack again. He continues to fight off Abyss for a few minutes until he hits the corner to set up for the Gore*

Don:
It looks like it's gore time.

*Rhino goes for the gore but Abyss sidesteps him, forcing his head to hit the turnbuckle and as he reels back Abyss hits him with a black hole slam*

Tenay:
Black Hole Slammmm!!!!!!!

*Instead of going for the pin, Abyss lifts Rhino, throws him to the ropes and delivers a second black hole slam*

Tenay:
A second one for good measure

*After the second black hole slam, Abyss pins Rhino for the 1, 2, 3 and a shot at the NWA heavyweight title*

Tenay:
There you have it fans, with two definitive black hole slams, Abyss has earned his spot as a contender to Sting's NWA title.

Don West:
But man look at Rhino, he doesn't look like himself, he's in pain.

Tenay
Yeah, after that match you have to wonder if he actually re-injured himself in that match. Let's hope that he's ok. Now we take a look back at Shane Douglas and the Newly Franchised Naturals.

Shane Douglas:
YOU GOTTA WANT IT!!!! You aren't gonna be handed anything in this business. It's just not gonna work that way. I need you guys to be focused. At Bound For Glory you had that match in the bag. You guys took your eye off the ball for a SECOND... ONE SECOND. That's all it took for you to lose.

Chase Stevens:
You're right coach. We made a mistake and we slipped up.

Andy Douglas:
We won't make the same mistake again. It's not gonna happen.

Shane Douglas:
I know it won't.... Remember, if you aren't playing to win there is no point in playing. Now hands in, Hard Work on 3

All:
HARD WORK!!!!

Shane Douglas:
Now let's get back to training.
Tenay:
Shane Douglas had a talk with Jim Cornette and requested the match the Naturals are about to have here on Impact. Take it away JB

JB:
Making their way to the ring accompanied by Shane Douglas, the duo of Andy Douglas and Chase Stevens... The Naaaaaatrualllllsss!!!

Don West:
The Newly Franchised Naturals look more focused than ever tonight.

*The Naturals look stoic as they make their entrance focused only the task at hand*

JB:
And their opponents.......... The Team of AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels!!!!!!!!!!!

the crowd pops huge for the TNA originals.

Don West:
We haven't seen these two since Bound For Glory but they look ready to go tonight.

*They make their way to the ring and the match starts off with Andy Douglas and Christopher Daniels. Douglas takes early control working a much slower pace than the Naturals normally work. The strategy seems to be working as Daniels is grounded in the early going, the crowd booing the Naturals the entire way. Andy Douglas and Chase Stevens occasionally tag and keep Daniels cut off from tagging in his partner for the first few minutes of the match. Daniels makes several attempts to break away and make a tag but to no avail. Shane Douglas is seen outside the ring barking commands to the Naturals*

Tenay:
The Naturals are doing a great job of controlling Christopher Daniels.

Don West:
Whatever Shane Douglas is telling them to do is working pretty well.

*Just then Shane Douglas shouts to Chase Stevens, the legal man "Play Number 2", Stevens doesn't quite hear him and turns to get clarification. When he turns to Daniels he's met with a enziguri out of nowhere. The kick drops Stevens. This gives Daniels a chance to make the hot tag to AJ Styles who slingshots off the ropes into the match and takes Stevens down with a flying forearm. Douglas instructs Andy Douglas to get in the ring. AJ greets him with a hip toss. AJ controls both of the Naturals for a few seconds and the crowd is fully behind him when Chase Stevens nails him from behind. He then tags in Douglas and they two set up AJ for a Doomsday device. Douglas lifts Styles on his shoulders and Stevens goes to the top rope. When he hits the top rope Daniels runs along the apron and delivers a huge kick to the side his head sending him to the outside. AJ moves around and gives Andy Douglas a hurricanrana. Almost immediately afterwards Daniels lands a BME and AJ flies from the top rope with a huge frog splash, covering Douglas and getting the 3 count. The crowd goes nuts and Shane Douglas is Livid.

Tenay :
What a showing by all four of these men but Styles and Daniels go home with the W.

*The Naturals are making their way up the ramp and Shane Douglas is giving them an earful. At the same time Daniels takes a mic*

Daniels:
People have been wondering what's going on with us since we lost the NWA tag belts at Bound For Glory. To be honest with you we didn't know what was gonna happen after that loss. We thought about it long and hard if now was the time to go our separate ways............ We finally made a decision and that decision is that the two of us will ......... CONTINUE to bring you great tag team wrestling

*crowd cheers*

Daniels:
Let that be a notice to all the teams in the back. We want our gold back and we're going to get it.

Daniels drops the mic as he and AJ leave the ring after their victory

Tenay:
Daniels and AJ are here to stay and just threw their hat in the ring for the NWA Tag Team Titles.

Don West:
The great thing about TNA is that we have such a deep tag team division filled with talent. I for one look forward to seeing what these two do next.

Tenay:
I agree with that Don but what about what's left to come tonight? We have two "Win to get in" matches left to find out contenders for the NWA title.

Don West:
I'm excited to see what happens here tonight. Abyss has already made it and seems to be unstoppable as of late.

Tenay:
Will we see Christian Cage and Jeff Jarrett join him? What does the champion think about all of this?

Don West:
I think we will have answers to those questions before we leave here tonight, or at least I hope so.

*The camera cuts backstage to an office with Jim Cornette on the phone*

Cornette:
What do you mean he missed a defense? He's not even the champion anymore. I didn't authorize any NWA title matches and I wasn't consulted about any either so where is this coming from? I don't have the time for this right now. I'll call you later.

*Cornette slams down the phone and begins rubbing his temples when there's a knock on his door*

Cornette:
What is it?

*In walk Shark Boy*

Shark Boy:
Mr Cornette, sir

Cornette:
Yes?

Shark Boy:
I'd really like to participate in one of the two "win or get in" matches that you have scheduled tonight.

Cornette:
*Angrily* you'd like WHAT??!?!

Shark Boy:
I'd like to be in one of the matches tonight.

Cornette:
Well I don't know if you've been under a rock or you're still sufferring from that brainbuster last week but I've already selected people for those matches.......... And honestly Sharky even if I hadn't you'd be one of the last people I'd select for something like this. No offense but when was the last time you won a match? I'd pretty much be giving a spot away to whomever faced you and I can't have that. HA!!!! I applaud you for even thinking of coming in here and asking me that. You got some nerve kid, now get out of my office. I have real issues to deal with.

Shark Boy:
Bu.....

Cornette::
OUT!!!!!!

Shark Boy leaves the office and closes the door behind him

Cornette:
Of all the people to request a match.....Now what am I gonna do about the NWA board?

*The camera cuts back to the announce booth*

Tenay:
Wow some harsh words by Jim Cornette there

Don West:
Seems like he's really frustrated with the way that things with the NWA are working out, I wonder what that's all about.

Tenay:
That's for him to deal with, up now we've got our second "win to get in" match.

Tenay:
The following contest is a "win to get in" challenge match. Making his way to the ring.... The Instant Classic.... CHRISTIAAAAAAAANNNNNN CAAAAAAAAAGE!!!!!

*Christian makes his entrance to a mixed reaction which has been the norm since his feud with Rhino*

JB:
And his opponent....... Being accompanied by the wildcat Chris Harris, He is one half of America's Most Wanted, The Cowboy Jammmmmes Storm!!!!

*Storm makes his way to the ring with his tag partner, Cowboy hat and trench coat on as usual.*

Don West:
I love it whenever AMW makes their way to the ring. Everything about them is purebred, grade a tough

*The bell rings and the match begins. Christian and Storm stand face to face in the ring exchanging shoves which lead to chops to one another. Christian is turning a bright red from the strikes and begins to back away. Storm takes advantage of the situation and moves in giving him a few hip tosses as well as a snapmare to bring him to the mat followed by a reverse chin lock. Christian looks to be in shock as if he didn't expect the offensive flurry of James Storm. Christian battled to get back to his feet and attempted to get out of the hold, he pushed Storm off into the ropes and went for a back body drop. Storm countered with a huge boot and a clothesline then applying another chin lock on the instant classic.:

Tenay:
Storm is looking really good in this match so far. Controlling the pace and keeping Christian within an arm's length so that he can't use that explosive offense that he's known for.

*Storm keeps laying on the offense. Atomic drops, drop kicks, and flying forearms, he isn't holding back anything right now. Christian seems to not be able to mount any offense whatsoever so he rolls out of the ring to get himself together. Storm goes to the ropes to call Cage back into the ring while his partner looks on. Then on the other side of the ring.....*

Don West:
Is that? It's LAX

*LAX makes their way to the ring behind the unsuspecting Chris Harris and begin to attack him. The duo is doling out a viscous beating on one half of AMW. Storm turns around after the crowd gets his attention. He goes to help his fallen partner but as he goes to the other side of the ring Christian Cage slides back in the ring, grabs him from behind with a rollup and grabs a handful of tights for the 3 count victory*

Tenay:
Christian Cage just stole this match from the Cowboy as he went to help his tag partner.

*LAX continues to attack Harris and have focused on James Storm now. Konnan can be heard screaming "Extinction, Exterminate them!!!!". Cage rolls out the ring and makes his way back up the ramp. LAX continue their assault until Team 3D arrive to break it up causing LAX to leave the ring. Brother Ray then grabs a mic*

Brother Ray:
You guys wanna talk about keeping those belts and this operation crap you got going? Well guess what, before you do any of that you gotta get through me and my brother D-Von and there ain't no way in hell that's gonna happen.

*As Ray begins to pass the mic to D-Von, Chris Harris snatches the mic from*

Chris Harris:
You punks wanna get rid of the two baddest men in this company? It's gonna take more than that, and as for you two ray and D-Von, If we needed your help with a fight we would have asked for it. Keep your nose out of AMW's business from now on.

*Harris slams the mic down and he and Storm leave the ring with Team 3D looking confused and upset*

Tenay:
What do you make of that Don

Don West:
I have no idea Mike, I mean Team 3D just came to help AMW and that's how they say thanks? And what about this Operation:Extinction that LAX keep talking about? Are they trying to destroy the tag team division?

Tenay:
Well Don they said they'd do what the had to do to remain champions so it appears to be that way.

The cameras go to the backstage area where we see Jim Cornette and he's visually flustered when he's approached by Bobby Roode

Bobby Roode:
Mr. Cornette, I have an issue that needs direct handling, I haven't been given a match since Bound for Glory.

Cornette:
Robert, I do NOT have the time to deal with this right now.

Bobby Roode:
Ya see Mr. Cornette, I'm Bobby Roode, and I'm destined for greatness in this company, but if you can't see that then you're making a huge mistake.

Cornette:
Look, I will look into getting you a match but right now I don't have the time for this. I've got the NWA breathing down my neck, I've got a title match to watch for and a PPV to plan, I'm stressed out.

Bobby Roode:
I can see that you're stressed and I'll let you get back to your work but the last thing you want to do is ignore me sir. Have a good day

*Roode walks off angrily*

Tenay:
Jim Cornette looks beyond frazzled right now.

Don West:
He's got a lot on his plate, The fans are all over him, the NWA, the wrestlers, the man barely has a second to think right now.

Tenay:
Well let's help him calm down a bit by finding out how the NWA title scene is gonna pan out. It's time for our third and final "Win and you're in" match of the night.

JB:
The following contest is our final "win and you're in" match of the night, first of all, making his way to the ring. The King of The Mountain.... Jeff Jarrrrrrrrett.

Jarrett Makes his way to the ring, with his signature guitar in tow. He doesn't jaw at the fans like usual, he hits the ring and stands, waiting for his challenge.

JB:
And his opponent from Detroit Michigan.... The X-Division champion Chris Saaaaaabbbiiiiinnnnnnn

*Sabin comes down to the ring. He and Jarrett stand face to face. The two exchange words before the bell rings. Jarrett slaps Sabin and the match begins. Jarrett goes to strike Sabin again and is met with a standing dropkick. Sabin hits the ropes and takes Jarrett off his feet again with a leg lariat. Jarrett rolls out of the ring to gather himself. While outside, someone's music hits and.....*

Tenay:
Austin Aries is coming down the aisle.

*Aries makes his way to the ring and stares at Sabin. Sabin looks at Aries the entire way down the aisle and stands prepared to fight him. Aries continues walking around the ring and sits at the announce table and grabs a headset.*

Aries:
What's going guys?

Don West:
Not bad and yourself?

Tenay:
What are you doing down here?

Aries:
Jeez Tenay, nice to see you too, I didn't know it was illegal to come out and scout your competition.

*Back in the ring Jarrett has made his way back inside. He now tries to wrestle Sabin and shoots in and takes his leg out. Jarrett kicks Sabin in the knee a couple times before dropping an elbow*

Tenay:
Jarrett working on Sabin's knee right now.

Aries:
Tick, tock, tick, tock, tick, tock

*Jarrett is having his way with Sabin, who's been grounded the entire match. Every Sabin attack is met with a Jarrett reversal and an attack to his knee. Jarrett turns a kick into a takedown and tells Sabin to get up. Sabin gets up to his feet and Jarrett throws a dropkick of his own and does his signature strut after.*

West:
Jarrett is in the driver's seat

Aries:
Tick, tock, tick, tock, tick, tock

Tenay:
What's with the ticking and tocking???

Aries:
It's the timer counting down the seconds until I become the X-Division champion.

Tenay:
That's pretty confident of you

Aries:
It's not confidence when you're speaking the truth Mikey my boy.

*Jarrett wrenches Sabin's arm, Sabin rolls out of it and takes out Jarrett's leg. Jarrett gets up on one knee and Sabin gives him a huge kick to the head to take him down. The X-Division champ takes the momentum, He hits the former champ with a flurry of kicks and chops then he flies off the top rope with a missle dropkick and covers for a 2 count. *

Aries:
There ya go Chris, make it interesting.

*Sabin goes for another kick and Jarrett reverses it and applies the figure 4 in the middle of the ring. Sabin writhes in pain and reaches for the ropes. The hold is locked in for about 2 minutes before Sabin gets to the ropes. Jarrett keeps Sabin's leg and drags him back to the ring and applies the figure four again. Sabin holds out for as long as he can but has to succumb to the pain his knee feels and he submits to the figure four.

Aries:
Oh man, at least he put up a good fight. It was good hanging with you guys but I'm outta here.

*Aries walks away from the announce table and makes his way to the back, pointing to his watch and yelling TICK, TOCK to Chris Sabin who's trying to make his way back to his feet. He grabs his belt and walks up the ramp leaving Jarrett in the ring alone.

Tenay:
It's etched in stone now, Sting will defend his title against 3 men at Genesis.

Don West:
His chances to retain that title just dropped significantly.

*Just then Sting's music hits and he stands on the ramp. Sting with his baseball bat points to Jarrett and the crowd is loving it. The bat then hits the ground because he's hit from behind by Abyss with James Mitchell screaming to keep attacking. He rolls down the ramp and Abyss follows him. They end up in the ring where Jarrett joins the fray. Abyss and Jarrett are working on Sting with boot to his back.... Then out of the back Christian Cage runs out from the back, Jumping right into the action. Scaring off Jarrett and attacking Abyss. A few big rights and Abyss takes a clothesline over the top rope from Cage. Sting is getting up to his feet and Christian stares him down. Sting goes to leave the ring and Christian grabs him from behind and hits the kill switch. Jarrett returns with his guitar and delivers a huge shot to Cage. He looks down and begins to talk trash to Cage when Abyss turns him around and hits him with a black hole slam. The final scene we see is Abyss posing in the ring in his signature pose holding the NWA title with James Mitchell joining him in the ring*

Tenay:
My Goodness the monster stands tall. Is this foreshadowing for what we will see in Genesis. Fans I'm Mike Tenay with Don West saying goodnight and see you next week.

#11 ·
Post Impact Updates
Post Impact Updates

Shane Douglas is now lobbying to get the Naturals on to the Genesis PPV and he says that he is going to change his methods working with them going forward.

AMW and Styles and Daniels both want another shot at the tag titles.

Chris Sabin was seen limping after his match with Jeff Jarrett.

All talents are said to be excited about the coming Genesis PPV stating that this will be one for the history books.

As seen on the broadcast, Jim Cornette has been under pressure from the NWA regarding their championships. The call on screen was about Jeff Jarrett during his time as NWA champion not defending his title outside of TNA. NWA representatives have stated that Cornette is on very thin ice and that TNA could be removed from the National Wrestling Alliance if he continues to not cooperate. Cornette attests that the NWA is out of line and the allegations are false as he has no information regarding any missed title defenses.

In an attempt to help relations, Robert Roode is now booked to participate in a Match for the NWA in the upcoming days.

Cornette has figured out the match for the NWA world title. It will be one fall to finish the match.

After being barred from the arena, Samoa Joe and Kurt Angle will have a face to face encounter on the next episode of Impact.

Genesis Card so far

First Time ever
Samoa Joe vs. Kurt Angle

NWA Heavyweight Title Match
Sting vs. Jeff Jarrett vs Abyss vs Christian Cage

X-Division Championship
Chris Sabin vs. Austin Aries

NWA Tag Team Championship
LAX vs Team 3D

#12 ·
BREAKING NEWS!!!
BREAKING NEWS!!!!!

After participating in a match for the recently reopened NWA:Wildside, Robert Roode won the NWA Wildside United States Heavyweight Championship.

Because he won the title on Night One of their comeback tour he was allowed to compete in a unification title tournament during night 2, Robert Roode won the IWA Mid-South Light Heavyweight, NWA Wildside Television Championship, and the CZW World Junior Heavyweight Championship at the conclusion of the Night.

#13 ·
Impact Preview
Impact Preview

Austin Aries will take on Sonjay Dutt in preparation for his X-Division championship match

Team 3D will be in action

Samoa Joe and Kurt Angle will have a face to face confrontation

Sting will address his challengers for the NWA title

Genesis Card so far

First Time ever
Samoa Joe vs. Kurt Angle

NWA Heavyweight Title Match
Sting vs. Jeff Jarrett vs Abyss vs Christian Cage

X-Division Championship
Chris Sabin vs. Austin Aries

NWA Tag Team Championship
LAX vs Team 3D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.