Wrestling Forum banner

Hogan lowballed by WWE; Staying with TNA

26K views 306 replies 123 participants last post by  Mic1988 
#1 ·
#118 ·
I'm not saying he hasn't done anything. I do think he has helped TNA. he gets the loudest pop out of all the wrestlers. he promotes TNA on radio appearances, and I bet because of that/him there are fans that come out to show. how often do you see fans in Hogan clothing? but of course he doesn't help.
I think he helps TNA more than people would know, and if Hogan was gone I bet in the short term TNA would be worse than anytime Hogan has been in TNA. I also bet he is a plus to SpikeTV, and there are a lot of casual/general viewers that do want to see him on TV.

#121 ·
Troll post? I'm not joining the bandwagon of the IWC kids saying Hogan should leave, we all would rather mark out for people like Antonio Cesaro, etc.

Hogan: Successful.
Bischoff: Successful.
Heyman: Not.
ROH: Not.
TNA is on the cusp of something big one day and while Dixie does not have the full experience, giving Bischoff and Hogan more voice to change TNA to turn it into what WCW was is a good thing. Their track record speaks for itself.

TNA needs Hogan more than Hogan needs TNA, by himself he has more brand awareness and brings that here. Not 140 lb indie guys.

#124 ·
I just think its amazing how most internet wrestling fans are ignorant to business, being too involved with backstage paychecks. Its none of our business.. Hulk Hogan is Babe Ruth, Michael Jordan and Tiger Woods.. I respect him and he doesn't push ratings the same reason Jeff Hardy doesn't... No one knows he's there. TNA is still not pushing asvertsing. TNA is like having a wrestling show in my sitting room.. All my mates will show but the world wont know.. If Hogan, Hardy, Angle or any of that lot went to WWE and was advertised a week before. It would show in the ratings.. See my point? He is a value contribution he's just in my living room and the world doesn't know it haahaa

#135 ·
When a legend retires, he should be used as a special attraction, making sporadic appearances, the way WWE uses guys like HBK, Foley, and Hart. When you see them every week the novelty wears pretty quick, problem is, TNA needs to justify Hogan's ridiculous salary by having him on TV every week. He may sell them a few more tickets/t-shirts now..but what future do they have if they hang all their hopes on a 60 year old man?

#137 ·
I think it's desperate that Hogan's decision was all down to who pays him more $$$.....It's like he doesn't care about anything but fame & money. Even more pathetic that his publicity stunt in that thong with the wrecking ball was nothing more than a 60 year old man trying to steal the spotlight from a teenage girl. LMAO!

What happened to him seeing so much talent in TNA when he debuted? Just like I thought, basically Vince wouldn't give him what he wanted in WWE, so he went to Vince's opposing side in 2010.

#143 ·
Bryan and Punk are some of the most over stars on the roster.

TNA cannot rely old star and it has not helped. Their biggest draw was Joe and even Monty Brown and they did nothing with them.

Hogan hasn't done nothing but give funny stuff to laugh at, jack dude brother.

#148 ·
This is only rumours.

We dont know yet.

But this is sad: " It's said that what WWE offered Hogan was nowhere close to what they've offered other stars in previous years. What Hogan will make in 1 year with TNA is about what The Rock and Brock Lesnar are making for 1 match with WWE. "

Never trust a woman. Dont get married kids.

#149 ·
obviously the rumors of fiscal insolvency are backwards

WWE is about to go under

all that money theyre spending on fandango's wardrobe has them running so deep in the red they can't even match TNA's offer to the hulkster

#150 ·
We know how Superstars and their second stints in TNA usually fare....

Not too well the second time in TNA 99% of the time!

Hopefully Hulk Hogan will realize this fact!

99% of Second Stints in TNA have ended up failures!

Tara
Kid Kash
Chris Harris
Gail Kim
Petey Williams
Eric Young
Abyss

And thats just to name only a few...

So TNA and Hulk Hogan, I advise against this, DO NOT DO IT!

Second Stints in TNA usually dont work and usually dont end well!

#151 ·
Not sure if trolling or if you're serious.

When were any of the names you listed ever a big name or anything like that? They came back a second time and received similar pushes to when they left except for Abyss who got a major push and is now over and Eric Young who they did their best with.

Oh and as for second stints, what about Austin Aries, Christopher Daniels, Frankie Kazarian, Jeff Hardy and Manik? They all went onto be more successful in their second stint.

#153 ·
Here's the difference between hogan's offer and the deal Brock, rock, Jericho, rid, ect got.
they can all actually work!

When Jericho's around he works near a full time schedule.

Brock works two really big matches a year and makes a handful of tv appearances.

Rvd worked 3 months of regular appearances.

Rock wrestled 3 big matches this year and made appearances.

Hogan should compare his deal with flar, old guy that used to draw and now makes random appearances but can't wrestle.

Why would wwe pay big money for some old guy who used to draw, who can't work, and can just make appearances when you have John cena who's more relevant and will sell more tickets in 2013.

This why dixie is a fucking idiot and Vince owns the business... Sadly.

#163 ·
It's quite amusing seeing the pro-Hogan camp lambast the naysayers for not "understanding business".

Why turn a profit when you can bleed money, push 40-50 year olds and wrestle in empty arenas hey ?

#188 ·
It's quite amusing seeing the pro-Hogan camp lambast the naysayers for not "understanding business".

Why turn a profit when you can bleed money, push 40-50 year olds and wrestle in empty arenas hey ?

:eek:bama2

What does Cena rushing back have to do with Bryan,Punk and Sports Entertainment? Last time I checked Raw wasn't the Bryan/Punk indy show with 120 minutes of wrestling. It's been sports entertainment for the past 30 years.

Which is why it makes little sense for TNA to compete with WWE at what it does best especially in a dying market. TNAs best option is to be a wrestling alternative. Will they reach WWE or WCW levels? No never. But maybe they'll survive.
Punk and Bryan are seen as guys who are in the big leagues today because of their excellent in ring ability. Truth is WWE has rushed Cena back because these guys don't live up to the expectations they have of what top guys should draw or do ratings wise.

They are good supporting players but your leading guys are needed. The two guys who can have a 5 star classic are less popular than a guy who in the eyes of the internet wrestling community "Can't wrestle"

Ratings were higher when the ring had 6 sides :banderas

TNA was turning a profit when the ring had 6 sides :banderas

I could go on..

:lmao @ :hogan
Everyone actually in the business who doesn't have it out for TNA has said that Hogan getting rid of the six sides is a good thing. It's the internet wrestling community who cares about that and they only care about that because they think TNA is going to magically have 5 star matches if they have a six sided ring

And TNA was running out of a studio in Florida with the six sides they now run in Arena's. The ratings also were not higher.

Impact October 2009: 0.9-1.0

Impact October 2013: 0.9-1.0

#164 ·
What does Cena rushing back have to do with Bryan,Punk and Sports Entertainment? Last time I checked Raw wasn't the Bryan/Punk indy show with 120 minutes of wrestling. It's been sports entertainment for the past 30 years.

Which is why it makes little sense for TNA to compete with WWE at what it does best especially in a dying market. TNAs best option is to be a wrestling alternative. Will they reach WWE or WCW levels? No never. But maybe they'll survive.

#165 ·
I'm really surprised that TNA offered him so much money. Especially since they are having financial problems, and them releasing/ letting talents go and having their contracts run out that shouldn't have like Mickie, Tara, Anderson, Devon etc. They really should let Hogan and Bischoff go. They hardly did nothing to help TNA. And are just killing the company. I'm not trying to rip TNA. I actually enjoy watching their product. It's just that signing hogan to a big money deal, is a bad business decision..

#166 ·
staggering how many times one company can get the obvious so, so wrong.

has tna become more popular since hogan joined? no
has he contributed anything to growth or success of tna? no
has he done all he possibly could to promote and help grow tna? no

you would get fired from your job if after 4 years on substantial pay as the most important asset to a company and you just helped drive that company further into the ground. not in tna. in tna they sign you up anyways on a mega (for tna) contract.

#169 ·
This company deserves everything bad that's happened to it and will happen to it if they keep him and that equally worthless Stooge of his. He's not worth a dime. I'm losing my patience with them and the end of my rope watching them screw up again and again seemingly on purpose and putting out shit after shit. More intent on catering to the whims of a person's Ego than instead of actually putting out a good product Every bad thing that has happened to it and will happen it deserves, it can go under for all I care with how that stupid woman is intent on ruining it.

#170 ·
The thing is TNA's viewers are solely wrestling fans, with a few being TNA diehards. Wrestling fans will watch wrestling which is why WWE doesn't give 2 shits what the wrestling fan thinks because they know the vast majority will always be there. If you apply that to TNA and Hogan, it's a huge waste of money on TNA's part at a time that they can ill afford it. Fans will watch TNA whether Hogan is there or not, which is why there isn't a significant difference in the ratings on shows where Hogan was around and when he isn't. Does anybody honestly think that TNA will become mainstream and a rival to the WWE because they have Hulk Hogan? Fair play to Hogan though for being shrewd enough to take advantage of a moron and get a good pay day. Again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.