Wrestling Forum banner

Is WWE saving Punk v Bryan for WrestleMania?

12K views 188 replies 77 participants last post by  markedfordeath 
#1 ·
I find it strange that Punk isn't part of the "best for business" storyline. In fact, he's very conspicuously NOT a part of it, to the point where even in 11 on 3 matches, Punk, who is somewhere between 1st and 4th in terms of overall popularity, isn't even one of the 11. On top of that, WWE is well aware of how much people have wanted to see a major rivalry between Punk and Bryan. Do you think WWE is saving Punk vs Bryan for the road to Wrestlemania? I mean they could keep Orton vs Bryan going that whole time, or they could end Orton vs Bryan sometime around the Royal Rumble, leaving Bryan vs Punk for mania. What do you guys think?

#50 ·
Re: Is WWE saving Punk v Bryan for Wrestlemania?

I don't know about the main event but Punk will be facing either Cena or Bryan at Mania. Punk vs Cens has been a match deserving to close a Wrestlemania for some time, while Bryan will have likely cemented his position as the top face by then, so either of these two matches is possible.

Main event will likely be the Taker match.

#51 ·
Re: Is WWE saving Punk v Bryan for Wrestlemania?

They should be setting it up for WrestleMania... XXXI.

Bryan should go over Triple H in the latter's final match at WrestleMania 30 and Punk should do something huge as well at the upcoming WrestleMania with a long-established star. Then they can build from there for an entire year toward Bryan/Punk at the following WrestleMania after they, and most pointedly Bryan, have become bigger than they are today. (Punk has probably peaked, but Bryan's not there yet.) The whole storyline right now should be leading to the power struggle of the company, the heels becoming more powerful than ever around Survivor Series-to-Royal Rumble time and Bryan vs. Triple H at WrestleMania in the grand payoff. Meanwhile, any combination of Taker/Cena/Lesnar/Punk with Sheamus vs. Orton in a role reversal from all of their old matches and feuds, and you're set.

#53 ·
thanks but no thanks, even tho it would be a great match, Punk & DB deserve better oppoinents for the 30th anniversary of WM.

#55 ·
The thing is...Bryan has to go over Cripple H for what happpened at Summerslam. He has to win at Mania. I'm sure little Punk marks think he should win at Mania too. It's obvious something is up...they haven't interacted at all since Money in the Bank and the crowd exploded for the confrontation.

#57 ·
JACKPOT!!!

#60 ·
They've taken every effort possible to keep Punk out of the story. He's "The Voice of the Voiceless" and the shoot promo depicted a future matching exactly what we're living through (HHH and Steph taking over).

They must be saving it. Or at the very least, saving Punk's inclusion until Bryan needs like a mystery partner or something.

#61 ·
Or they are not gonna include Punk at all and Ignore that he ever said that about HHH and Steph. They have done stuff like that

#63 ·
so is Bryan a made man yet? they seriously should have had him win at Summerslam and just defend the title with random people...they've booked these last two pay per views badly because people will think he'll just keep getting screwed so they don't purchase it, its the WWE's fault that they won't be successful. Instead of taking the title continually away from him, let him have a run with it, it'll be better and you'll have more satisfied customers...They have to know this by now.

#64 ·
There is no doubt that a Punk vs Bryan match in 2014 would be way bigger than their match in 2012, in terms of star power. Just remember the crowd reaction when both looked at each other in Money in the Bank, it really felt BIG, WWE knows it and they might be considering that option of a Punk vs Bryan ME. Is it big enough for a WM main event? I don't know, it depends on the stars that will participate in WM and on the rest of the card, but a Punk vs Bryan match for Wrestlemania doesn't sound bad at all. I think once in a while we deserve some good wrestling matches, although they might not be the best drawing option.

#66 ·
I'd say there's a big chance of it happening at Mania XXX with the title on the line. I think it's either going to be Punk/Bryan for the title with Cena/HHH control of the company or HHH/Bryan for the title and Punk/Cena just because they don't fit anywhere else. I think Punk/Bryan is most likely though. If it were me I'd have Punk pick up the title around the Rumble. Bryan is forced into the Rumble at no.1 and is told this is his only chance for a title match etc. Bryan wins to set up the match and ultimately wins at Mania to finally get the title after chasing all this time. I'd rather it be HHH that Bryan goes over but realistically speaking, they're obviously going to give that to Cena so that leaves Punk I guess.

#72 ·
Yes it is. WWE booked them as the last two in the ring at MITB to test the fan reaction to that match and given the reaction WWE had to of taken notice. It's why they don't even have Punk and Bryan acknowledge each other right now. It's coming dude. Maybe not at Mania but it is coming after this Corp story line is over. Bet on it.

EDIT: And it will be mega-face vs mega-face ala Hogan/Warrior IMO.

#70 ·
It's probably better to save the match for 31 tbh. It will be a much bigger deal by then and has a greater chance of actually being THE main event. If it happens next year it's the 3rd biggest match on the card. If it happens at 31 I'd say it's definitely in with a chance of being at least the 2nd biggest match because I imagine the landscape will likely have changed by then.

#79 ·
They will. I have no doubt about that lol and yes, the shitstorm will be of the most epic proportions. Finally smarks around the world will have everything they hate in one match: The McMahon's, Triple H and John Cena. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

if the Punk/Bryan match happens, who wins? Bryan has yet to beat Punk in the WWE.
I say Bryan. WWE doesn't seem to like giving Punk wins very often :p.

#80 ·
Bryan, especially if my theory about how Punk is about to retire from the full time roster next year is correct.

I say Bryan. WWE doesn't seem to like giving Punk wins very often :p.
You are such a tease. :lmao

#81 ·
I honestly don't see he McMahon stuff main eventing unless it's Bryan/HHH for the title. Cena/HHH? Don't see it main eventing. Vince/HHH? I certainly don't see that main eventing. Even Rock/HHH... if they somehow managed to get that, I couldn't imagine that closing the show. While the angle would certainly be a big deal, that alone just doesn't warrant it closing out Mania over the title match unless that is something like Punk/Orton or Bryan/Orton or Punk or Bryan against some lower card guy. Never mind if Taker/Brock happens, that'd be the biggest match on the card anyway, so the only chance I see of the McMahon angle main eventing is... like I said, if it's Bryan vs. HHH is for the belt. Of course even then, if Rock/Brock, Taker/Cena, or Taker/Brock happens, the match is second to that anyway despite being the main event of the show, which goes back to the reason I think Punk/Bryan for the title would close the show if it happened for the belt(except in the case of Taker/Cena, as like I've said, I don't think anything would main event over that).

#83 ·
it'll be telling once Cena comes back exactly how they book him..if he takes Bryan's place and saves the day, then there you go, a fuck you to the fans once again. But we'll see I guess. This is their perfect opportunity to start a new revolution in the WWE. they seem to not want to let go yet.

#88 ·
Please name all these losses this year. 1 to Rock, 1 to Taker, and 1 to Heyman via Ryback interference. (I guess you could throw in MITB as well but since Punk didn't eat a pin I won't.) Man what a loss magnet. This time last year all the way up to Mania 29 Bryan was on his back staring at the lights for the Shield and yet he not only survived but thrived. Relax dude.

#92 ·
Wrestlemania and especially the main event is about star power and the money. It is not about trying to please or impress the IWC marks whose idea of a great main event wrestling match is vastly different than the mainstream wrestling crowd sitting in the couches and chairs across America. As much as I am not a Cena fan I'd rather still pay money to watch him wrestle then watch Bryan/Punk.

#93 ·
I don't understand this argument that they can't draw...they both get the highest crowd reactions and they sell a lot of tee shirts and merchandise....how the fuck do Punk and Bryan not draw? explain this to me! all the "CM Punk" and "yes" signs mean that those people didn't go to the event to see them? they all get on their feet when they both come out...how do they not draw? what can make a person say that?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.