Wrestling Forum banner

BFG Series Idea

2K views 25 replies 19 participants last post by  Lucifer The Dark 
#1 ·
Lets be honest, if they continually do it year in and year out, it's going to get stale.

Are you not going to want to one day see a big blowoff match to a feud end at BFG? If they're going to head towards that with an obvious BFG Series winner, then there is absolutely zero point to the series, am I right?

I think the BFG Series should occur once every 2 years.

#2 ·
C'mon , this idea is very nice , but its so long , 3 months !!
i realy like this idea but its so long and take more time in
the show , and break feud , so the plans for this idea in next
year is in Mid-August the BFG Series begin and continue for 1
month and the series ends at No surrender PPV free , its simple

#4 ·
It should be one of tna's special shows
The bfg series a round robin / elimination tornument
like in kurt angles film warrior
or never vack down 2

ThE SEMI Finals should Main event this show

then 2 weeks later the bfg series finale show
with the finalist this should occur 5 weeks before bfg

#6 ·
BFG should continue being what it is. A 3 month tournament to determine who gets the title shot. I don't see any flaws in it so far and it makes TNA different from WWE. this should be embraced. I remember one poster saying that 3 months is not enough time to build a legit contender. Of course this person chose to ignore the over 20 year history of the WWE Royal Rumble doing it in ONE NIGHT.

#7 ·
It's fine as is, with the odd tweak to the format. Split into Two Divisions, where Top Two go through from each bracket. Have the people at the bottom of each division square off, with the loser getting eliminated from next year's BFG Series.

This stops TNA giving away dream matches on free TV(Aries vs AJ), while it adds an incentive for the people at the bottom.

#10 · (Edited)
Its pretty simple

a round robin or singles elimination tournament. 5 weeks max.Promote the shit out of the concept weeks before that

Theres a reason why the wwf survivor series 1998 was so amazing. People get over so easily with that concept of match elimination. Noone was getting over with the constant fighting each other same shit over and over.

Why make things complicated, Forget these stupid 12 points 15 points.Noone cares how high someones points are. We want to see people beat each other and move on

Or even better like someone said,Just make it one of the tv specials but 3 hours long. Imagine how perfect the victory road name could be for that concept. People need to get over that one shitty match that happened. Most people wont even know about it other then the online smarks, And as if a shitty match has the destroy the legacy of a show name.

#13 ·
1. Reduce the number of wrestlers in the tournament to six.
2. Adopt round robin rules.
3. Just have the top two wrestle at the end.
4. Drop the point system and just count wins/losses.
5. Have someone go undefeated in the tournament in 2014 only to lose to the number 2 in the final.

#14 · (Edited)
It's not that it is hard to keep up with...because it isn't hard to.

It's not that I want the same tired and tried tournaments... It's that they work.

The BFG Series SUCKS.

Plus why would anyone give a damn in the firsts few weeks, and even months? If it's by points. Hell, someone can go on a winning streak for weeks, and still come short at the end. Which pretty much means, it will be constantly changing til the end..and then at the end (this year) we get the 20 point gauntlet match? LOL. Sometimes it's good to guess til the end...but not always. If anything make the turnament in one or two nights about a month before BFG.

Another thing...all the point crap, and we still get a final 4 elimination...lol.

Just make it a 12-man, 2 night tournament.

The point system also can compromise "better" storylines... as the y don't really have to write specific storylines for specific people ahead of time, as they can make anyone win it in the end.

JUST MAKE IT AN ELIMINATION TOURNAMENT!!!!! It's not like they still do KOR! I bet u if WWE brought it back, TNA would change it. Thats just their logic. ( I love TNA BTW...just a bit of tough love. right now)

If the kick-off match is by points, people won't care as much as if it was by immediate elimination. Even thought it is scripted, it comes off as there is more pressure o win. You MUST win, or be out until next year.

#15 ·
I think the BFG Series should occur once every 2 years.
a lot of different sporting events take place every 4 years, wouldn't that be more suitable?

#17 ·
You are talking about major sport events like the WK soccer, olympics etc. If WWE, TNA, AAA and NJPW would work together for a joint tournament, then it would be every 4 years to keep it special. But a tournament like TNA does would be more across the line of a Tour de France, National Championships, Champions League (soccer), Wimbledon (Tennis) etc.

#16 · (Edited)
Take the G1 format from NJPW, stretch it out to a 4-week period and you have a perfect tournament. It's simple and you dont have to explain how it works to the viewers for more than 10 seconds. You dont have to invent your own tournament style, just because you want to be different for the sake of being different. Take something that has already proven to work.

#19 ·
I like the BFG as it is. I wouldn't change the format. Simply execute it better.

If they do decide to scrap it, however, how about a "Pick Six" double-elimination format to determine the No. 1 contender at BFG?

TNA's Championship Committee can select who they feel are the top two contenders. These would be announced first.

And then the TNA roster would decide on two more contenders, via vote. This would lead to interesting angles. These contenders would be announced next.

And then the fans can vote for the final two participants, the "People's Choice" contestants. These would be announced last.

The double-elimination format would work like how it does in college baseball world series.

#21 ·
See if this was its own pay-per-view, it wouldn't be a problem. Bound For Glory is a once a year pay-per-view, wouldn't you rather some intense storyline build up over the year rather than constantly deciding the winner via tournament?

And I know what you're going to say, well hey they can still do that and then that guy can win the tournament, right?

Yeah.. that's cool and all.. but if we know 3 months in advance when the series starts of who's going to win it, it renders those entire 3 months and 12 superstars useless.

#25 ·
Sorry BkB I seemed to have made a mistake in my post. I meant to say it's the biggest ppv of the year instead of once a year, idk how I even mixed that up or how once a year was even a relevant statement.

What do you think would be the negative of having it once every 2 years?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.