Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official Indy DVD Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 09-28-2013, 10:12 PM   #31 (permalink)
Jack Evans 187
The Conqueror

Jack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselves
Default Re: Official Indy DVD Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sXeMope View Post
I'm a strange guy when it comes to wrestling. The littlest things can throw me off. Bad commentary, or commentary that's hard to listen to (too loud, not loud enough, muffled), lighting of an arena, the look of the ring, etc. Really basic simple stuff. For the longest time I disliked AIW purely because their ring looked horrible. I think I actually bought Hell On Earth 8 after realizing that Eric Ryan played Kirst in PRIME. Took a while to get used to it but they're currently one of my favorite promotions and their latest DVDs is a shoe-in for my SMV cart. DGUSA is another one. I haven't seen a lot of shows, but every show I've seen has horrible lighting, or maybe it's the reflection from the ring. Looks really horrible. My mood also affects how much I enjoy something. Sometimes I just don't feel like watching something and enjoy it less. Maybe my prior experiences with ROH have been one, or a combination of those. But throughout the Ring Of Hardcore DVD I didn't really get that at all. The only negative I've experienced thus far is that the older footage has rather shaky camera work (Which I let slide considering it's age), and the ROH/CZW COD has no commentary.
Oh don't worry I'm the same way man. Some of the DGUSA shows have absolutely awful lighting (it seemed to get worse and worse after the first show which was pleasing to the eye) and commentary volume is a reason why I now stay away from PWX. That shit is WAY too loud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian View Post
What on Earth happened to ROH..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Chancery View Post
Sinclair happened, that's what. They bought out the company right after BITW '11, and from there things went down the tubes in a heartbeat.
Yep. Everyone thought it was a step in the right direction, then shit just got worse and worse until we all gave up.