Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Siamese Dream turned 20 today

View Single Post

Old 07-27-2013, 11:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
MachoMadness1988
Searching for a new identity

MachoMadness1988 probably won't be missedMachoMadness1988 probably won't be missedMachoMadness1988 probably won't be missedMachoMadness1988 probably won't be missedMachoMadness1988 probably won't be missedMachoMadness1988 probably won't be missedMachoMadness1988 probably won't be missedMachoMadness1988 probably won't be missedMachoMadness1988 probably won't be missedMachoMadness1988 probably won't be missedMachoMadness1988 probably won't be missed
Default Siamese Dream turned 20 today

No album is ingrained in my psyche like Siamese Dream. I grew up to this album. I mended my broken heart to this album. I lost my innocence to this album. Few albums can claim there is not a filler song on the whole album. Say what you will about the albums Smashing Pumpkins released after this is a fucking masterpiece. During a period when everyone was trying to compare them to the Seattle bands SP took Sabbath, The Cure, My Bloody Valentine, Cheap Trick and Zeppelin and stuck them in a blender. To this day I probably listen to this album front to back more than any. I can't think of 5 songs I like more than Spaceboy. I can't think of 5 videos I like more than Today. I can't think of 5 riffs I like more than Silverfuck. I can't think of 5 better alternative rock songs than Cherub Rock, I can't think of five more brutally honest songs than Disarm or Soma and I sure as hell can't think of five songwriters I like more than Billy Corgan. Geek USA rocks, Rocket rocks, Luna is incredibly beautiful and Mayonaise is one of the most underrated songs of the 90s. One of my favorite album covers as well.

I will shut up. Good article below. Who else loves this album?

http://www.spin.com/articles/smashin...disarm-rocket/

"I am the devil himself, and all of you, stupid, mindless people fell for it". ~

My top 5 favorite wrestlers of all time
1. Macho Man Randy Savage (RIP...thanks for the memories)
2. Mick Foley (Cactus Jack)
3. Bret Hart (The Hart Foundation best tag team ever)
4. Sting
5. Ted DiBiase (best heel of all time)
MachoMadness1988 is offline   Reply With Quote