Wrestling Forum banner

Ring Of Honor: The Age Of The Fall

5K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  ThatWeirdGuy 
#1 · (Edited)
WrestlingForum proudly presents;
A FluxCapacitor Production!

RING OF HONOR: THE AGE OF THE FALL!

---

"Ring Of Honor is the very best professional wrestling company in the world and has been for the past nine years. I've been a multi-time World Champion, I've sold out arenas world wide and I have millions of fans the world over - But the fact that I helped create and mould Ring Of Honor in to what it is today, is in fact the thing I am most proud of in my twelve year career and I am not ashamed in saying that it will forever be my spiritual home."
- CM Punk (2011)

ROH Man Up!
September 15, 2007
Frontier Fieldhouse | Chicago Ridge, Illinois

Four Corner Survival |
Nigel McGuinness defeated Claudio Castagnoli, Chris Hero and Naomichi Marifuji
The Resilience vs. The No Remorse Corps Best Of 3 Series | Rocky Romero defeated Matt Cross (No Remorse Corps 1 - 0 The Resilience)
The Resilience vs. The No Remorse Corps Best Of 3 Series | Austin Aries defeated Davey Richards (No Remorse Corps 1 - 1 The Resilience)
The Resilience vs. The No Remorse Corps Best Of 3 Series | Roderick Strong defeated Erick Stevens to win the series for The No Remorse Corps 2-1
ROH World Championship | Takeshi Morishima (c) defeated Bryan Danielson
ROH World Tag Team Championships | Ladder War | The Briscoe Brothers (c) defeated Kevin Steen and El Generico

Following the brutal main event, as the Briscoe Brothers were celebrating, a group of rowdy fans began an uproar. All dressed in black with ski-masks covering their face, the hooligan fans began screaming, talking about a "revolution", "the age of the fall" and "project 161". This was not a repeat occurence however, as over the past few events, interruptions from similar members of the crowd would do exactly the same thing. As the Briscoes looked on from in the ring, from behind they were jumped by JIMMY JACOBS, TYLER BLACK and THE NECRO BUTCHER! Accompanied by Lacey, the trio brutalised the popular tag team champions, despite the fact that they just went through one of the most hard-hitting affairs in ROH history with Steen and Generico just minutes prior. The threesome used chairs and even barbed wire to punish the brothers, before they hung Jay by his feet and sent him to the rafters unconscious.

Footage of the grotesque scenes from the Pay-Per-View begin at 2:06

ROH Roster

FaceTweenerHeel

Adam Pearce
Austin Aries
BJ Whitmer
Bobby Dempsey
Brent Albright
Bryan Danielson
Chris Hero
Claudio Castagnoli
Davey Richards
Delirious
Eddie Edwards
El Generico
Erick Stevens
Hallowicked
Jack Evans
Jay Briscoe | ROH World Tag Team Champion
Jigsaw
Jimmy Jacobs
KENTA
Kevin Steen
Mark Briscoe | ROH World Tag Team Champion
Matt Cross
Mike Quackenbush
Mitch Franklin
Naomichi Marifuji
Necro Butcher
Nigel McGuinness
Pelle Primeau
Rocky Romero
Roderick Strong
Ruckus
Takeshi Morishima | ROH World Heavyweight Champion
Tank Toland
Tyler Black

Daizee Haze
Lacey | Valet of Jimmy Jacobs and The Age Of The Fall
Sara Del Rey | Valet and member Sweet N' Sour Incorporated

Age Of The Fall, The: Jimmy Jacobs, Tyler Black, The Necro Butcher and Lacey
Briscoe Brothers, The: Jay Briscoe and Mark Briscoe
Hangmen Three, The: Adam Pearce, BJ Whitmer, Brent Albright and Shane Hagadorn
Kevin Steen and El Generico
Mike Quackenbush and Halowicked
No Remorse Corps, The: Roderick Strong, Rocky Romero and Davey Richards
Resilience, The: Austin Aries, Erick Stevens and Matt Cross
Sweet N' Sour Incorporated: Chris Hero, Sara Del Rey, Tank Toland, Bobby Dempsey and Lary Sweeney
Vulture Squad, The: Jack Evans, Ruckus, Jigsaw and Julius Smokes

Julius Smokes | Manager Of The Vulture Squad
Larry Sweeney | Manager Of Sweet N' Sour Inc.
Shane Hagadorn | Manager Of The Hangmen Three

Commentary Team | Dave Prazak and Lenny Leonard
Backstage Interviewer | Rebecca Bayless

---

ROH HONOR NATION!
Date:
October 5, 2007

ROH SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST!
Date:
October 6, 2007
CROWNING THE NUMBER ONE CONTENDER FOR THE ROH WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP FOR FINAL BATTLE!

ROH UNDENIABLE!
Date:
October 19, 2007

ROH GLORY BY HONOR VI NIGHT ONE!
Date:
November 2, 2007
FEATURING THE AMERICAN DEBUT OF WRESTLING LEGEND MITSUHARU MISAWA!

ROH GLORY BY HONOR VI NIGHT TWO!
Date:
November 3, 2007
MITSUHARU MISAWA WILL LEAD A 4 MAN TEAM REPRESENTING PRO WRESTLING NOAH AGAINST AN ROH ALL STAR TEAM IN AN EPIC 8 MAN TAG!

ROH RECKLESS ABANDON!
Date:
November 30, 2007

ROH UNSCRIPTED III!
Date:
December 1, 2007

ROH RISING ABOVE!
Date:
December 29, 2007

ROH LIVE ON PAY PER VIEW!
FINAL BATTLE 2007!
Date:
December 30, 2007
LIVE, FOUR HOUR PAY-PER-VIEW EXTRAVAGANZA! THE BIGGEST ROH EVENT OF THE YEAR!

---

Hey yo.

I'm back with another attempt at this booking thing. I'll keep this very short and sweet. I've decided on this project because I've fucking tried everything else over the past year or so I've watched ROH 2006-2008 (and I'm still in the middle of 2008), and it's by far my favourite time period for any promotion in the world, ever. I know that an ROH thread may not be as conventional as say the WWE or TNA, due to not having a TV show, but I know how it will work, and I know for a fact that I will be learning and progressing as I move along, as should you.

Due to the nature of the thread, and the way ROH presented it's product back then, a lot of updates and posts won't be shows or previews, it will be bits and bobs from the ROH website: hyping events, announcing matches, online videos etc. (similr to Shock's ROH thread a few years ago, if any of you can remember that). The exact same kind of thing the company used to do it's self back in the day. Will I ever make it so the company has a TV deal? Possibly, but that is not a part of the plan any time soon. Yes, it will be very heavily wrestling based, but there will be promos, there will be character developments and their will be angles/feuds, so don't fear Sports Entertainment fans.

We have WWE threads, TNA threads and created feds. Let's see if a Ring Of Honor thread can work.

So yeah. Do your shit, and I'll try and do mine. Peace.

:woolcock

See less See more
#3 ·
AGE. OF. THE FALL. :mark:

Always a fan of your work and this seems like a great project. ROH around this time (or ROH in general, really) was a promotion that has an identity, but that you can readily craft into something completely your own. Plus, I'm all for something different. Good luck, homie (Y)

#6 ·

Glad to see someone with a proven track record and as good of a booker as you taking on ROH. With all the TNA/WWE threads around, it's always good to see people try and take on something different and this is certainly a lot different.

ROH was awesome at this point, the roster was stacked and they had so much potential to go on and actually push towards and through the proverbial glass ceiling that they seem to still be struggling to break through.

Definitely interested to see how you're going to work build the shows to develop feuds and storylines.

Most importantly, this title is fucking awesome. The Age Of The Fall are one of my favourite stables of all time, I fucking love the group and was considering bringing them into WWE at one point when throwing around ideas for a new BTB.

Good to see you back and best of luck with this, I'll certainly be keeping my eye on this one.

#4 ·
This is different which is why I'm sure everyone will be checking this out. I don't know much about ROH, just snippets of it but I'm going to follow this project just 'cause I know you'll write it well. Stick with this one man. You sounded really excited about it when we talked about it, so this should be a good one. Goodluck! (Y)

Reactions: LadPro
#7 ·
So this is what finally draws me into the BTB Section. OA badass stable and one of the greatest periods in ROH. I'm stoked to read this and you seem excited to write it. I love the way it sounds you'll go about this. Good luck

Reactions: Flux
#10 · (Edited)

- Our "Man Up" Pay-Per-View just three days ago will be one that everybody in the wrestling world will never forget for many reasons. The main talking point coming out of the event, however, will be the disturbing and grotesque debut of the faction led by Jimmy Jacobs, called The Age Of The Fall. The next ROH event: HONOR NATION, will be held in Boston, MA on October 5th, 2007 and it will be there that we will see all of the fall out of the horrendous ongoings that took place on September 15.

- Already lined up for Honor Nation is ROH World Heavyweight Champion, Takeshi Morishima, defending his title against "Mr Wrestling" Kevin Steen. However, we can now confirm three more matches for Honor Nation: Kevin Steen's best friend and tag team partner, El Generico, will take on Takeshi Morishima's Pro Wrestling NOAH cohort, Naomichi Marifuji, in a rematch from Motor City Madness on September 14th, which arguably stole the show. The other two confirmed matches stem from the shocking ending to Man Up, as each Briscoe Brother will take on a member of The Age Of The Fall, as Jay will square off with The Necro Butcher in a No DQ match, and Mark will go up against Tyler Black! The war between The Briscoes and The Age Of The Fall has only just begun, but we know it not going to pretty.

- As a part of the double shot weekend, the night after Honor Nation, ROH presents SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST, in Edison, NJ. The event will consist of six qualifying matches and the Survival Of The Fittest match it's self, as well as some special attraction matches that will be announced at a later date. However so far, we can announce six of the twelve men who will compete in the qualifiers: Austin Aries, Adam Pearce, Chris Hero, Claudio Castagnoli, El Generico and the winner of a newly added match for Honor Nation the night before between Jack Evans and Davey Richards! The qualifying matches will be decided on the day by a random draw! More participants shall be announced later this week.

- More news regarding Honor Nation, Survival Of The Fittest and other ROH events will be released in the week.

Confirmed for ROH Honor Nation!
Friday 5th October, 2007

ROH World Heavyweight Championship

Takeshi Morishima defends against Kevin Steen!

No Disqualifications Match
Jay Briscoe vs. The Necro Butcher!

Survival Of The Fittest Qualifying Match
Jack Evans vs. Davey Richards!

Motor City Madness Rematch!
Naomichi Marifuji vs. El Generico!

and

Mark Briscoe goes one on one with Tyler Black!

Card subject to change.​

---​

Thanks for all of your support so far. These Newswire things will get better as I go, I'm just trying to get used to them. I'll be posting another Newswire which will round off the Honor Nation card as well as the wrestlers involved in the SOTF qualifiers. I'll then post the video wire hyping up the show, and then possibly a preview, I don't know. This is a smaller show compared to others, so it will not be in full, and instead it will be in extended recap.​

#11 ·
heres my predictions:

1:Mark Briscoe defeats Tyler Black by Jay interferance

2:El Generico defeats Naomichi Marufuji cleanly

3: Davey Richards beat Jack Evans with NRC interferance

4:Takeshi Morishima beat Kevin Steen & Danielson saves Steen from attack by Takeshi

5:Necro Butcher defeats Jay Briscoe & AOTF & Briscoes brawl around the arena

love the idea of a roh btb by the way hopefully sami callihan makes an appearance! yes im a calli-maniac! lol good luck!

#12 ·
Thanks for your predictions, IceCreamFan, but the card isn't completed yet. I'm posting another newswire rounding off the card as well as the other SOTF participants this weekend, and that will be the final card and predictions can be posted then when I post a template. I suppose I could have made it more clear, but whatever, I won't complain about my thread being bumped to the top again.

So just to make it clear:

NO PREDICTIONS PLEASE

#13 · (Edited)

- ROH officials can now confirm two more matches for ROH Honor Nation on October 5, 2007: Faction warfare will continue when representatives of The Hangmen Three and The Resilience will do battle as Adam Pearce and BJ Whitmer will square off against Austin Aries and Matt Cross. These two factions have waged war before and they are more than willing to do so again in the heart of Boston. Speaking of The Hangmen Three: "The Gun For Hire" Brent Albright will do battle in Boston with the crazed Delirious! The feud between The Hangmen Three and Delirious has continued to escalate and this is just another chapter in this particular war. We can also reveal that Claudio Castagnoli, Chris Hero, Roderick Strong and Pelle Primeau have all signed to compete at the event, but no matches have been confirmed featuring any of the four men.

- As promised, we can now reveal the other six men that will take part in the Survival Of The Fittest qualifying matches the night after Honor Nation, in Edison, NJ. Bryan Danielson, Roderick Strong, KENTA, Nigel McGuinness, Delirious, and whomever isn't the ROH World Heavyweight Champion after their match at Honor Nation: either Takeshi Morishima or Kevin Steen! These six men will join the six that were announced last week: Austin Aries, Adam Pearce, Chris Hero, Claudio Castagnoli, El Generico and the winner of the Davey Richards vs. Jack Evans match at Honor Nation. This is undoubtedly the most starstudded Survival Of The Fittest line up in ROH history, with the three previous winners (Bryan Danielson, Roderick Strong and Delirious) all competing in this year's event.

- JUST ADDED! On top of the qualifying matches and the Survival Of The Fittest match it's self - which will main event the show - we can now confirm that Naomichi Marifuji will team up with The Briscoe Brothers to go up against THE AGE OF THE FALL! It will be the very first time we see The Age Of The Fall compete as a unit, as both Tyler Black and Necro Butcher will compete in singles matches at Honor Nation. Following the horrific scenes at Man Up, any time The Briscoes get a chance to lock up with The Age Of The Fall, you can bet your bottom dollar they will jump at the opportunity, and they couldn't ask for a more capable partner than Naomichi Marifuji.

- ROHWrestling.com have already confirmed that at Death Before Dishonor VI Night Two, the main event will be a huge eight man tag, pitting a four man team representing Pro Wrestling NOAH against a four man team representing Ring Of Honor. Before today, all we knew was that the legendary Mitsuharu Misawa will be representing NOAH. However, Misawa revealed in a press conference in Japan just yesterday that his team will consist of current ROH World Heavyweight Champion, Takeshi Morishima, KENTA and Naomichi Marifuji! Arguably the most forimiddable foursome possible in the world today, ROH officials will have a very tough job in comprising a team capable of defeating Team NOAH. We will keep you informed on any updates regarding this huge eight man tag, as well as what role Mitsuharu Misawa will play at Death Before Dishonor VI Night One: His wrestling debut in the United States!

Confirmed for ROH Honor Nation!
Friday 5th October, 2007

ROH World Heavyweight Championship

Takeshi Morishima defends against Kevin Steen!

Faction Warfare Continues!
Austin Aries and Matt Cross vs. Adam Pearce and BJ Whitmer!

and

Delirious will stand across the ring from Brent Albright!

Mark Briscoe goes one on one with Tyler Black!

Also signed:
Claudio Castagnoli, Chris Hero, Pelle Primeau and Roderick Strong!

Card subject to change.​
So thats the announced Honor Nation card, meaning that there will be matches added, but unannounced, just like what they did/do in real life. By all means, you can make predictions. Honor Nation it's self is pretty much half completed, but I want to get it finished and Survival Of The Fittest started before I post it, seeing as there's only a Videowire and a preview for SOTF separating the two events. Prediction template below, of course any feedback is welcomed, but I understand there isn't much to feedback on, especially if you're not well versed in the company at this specific time.​

ROH PRESENTS: HONOR NATION!

Main Event | ROH World Heavyweight Championship!
Takeshi Morishima (c) vs. Kevin Steen

Delirious vs. Brent Albright!

Mark Briscoe vs. Tyler Black!

Bonus Questions:

1) What will be the longest match?
2) What will be the shortest match?
3) Will there be any blood? If so, in which match(es)?
4) How many matches will end with a pinfall?

#15 ·
You've got an awesome opportunity to write some absolutely brilliant stuff with an ROH thread. Good luck, and here's predictions.

Bonus Questions:

1) What will be the longest match? World title fight.
2) What will be the shortest match? Delirious/Albright.
3) Will there be any blood? If so, in which match(es)? Faction Warfare and No DQ.
4) How many matches will end with a pinfall? Five.

#16 ·

Bonus Questions:

1) What will be the longest match? Evans vs. Richards
2) What will be the shortest match?Briscoe vs. Butcher
3) Will there be any blood? If so, in which match(es)?Briscoe/Black, Briscoe/Butcher
4) How many matches will end with a pinfall? 3

#17 ·

Bonus Questions:

1) What will be the longest match?
Marifuji/El Generico

2) What will be the shortest match?
Faction Warfare

3) Will there be any blood? If so, in which match(es)?
World Title match, Jay Briscoe vs. Necro Butcher

4) How many matches will end with a pinfall?
Five

I love the fact that there is finally an ROH BTB that has potential, especially during such a great time period. I can't wait for Honor Nation! I wish you luck.

#18 · (Edited)
1:Mark Briscoe defeats Tyler Black by Jay interferance

2:El Generico defeats Naomichi Marufuji cleanly

3: Delirious defeats Brent Albright cleanly

4: Davey Richards beat Jack Evans with NRC interferance

5:Adam Pearce & BJ Whitmer beat Austin Aries & Matt Cross after interfereance

6:Takeshi Morishima beat Kevin Steen & Danielson saves Steen from attack by Takeshi

7:Necro Butcher defeats Jay Briscoe & AOTF & Briscoes brawl around the arena

Longest Match: Butcher vs Briscoe
Shortest Match: Delirious vs Albright
Will there be BLOOD!?!: Yes in the Butcher vs Briscoe & Tag Match & Davey vs Evans
Pinfalls?: 5

#19 ·

Bonus Questions:

1) What will be the longest match?No Dq match
2) What will be the shortest match?Evens vs Richards
3) Will there be any blood? If so, in which match(es)?No Dq, Roh world title
4) How many matches will end with a pinfall?5

#20 ·

Bonus Questions:

1) What will be the longest match? Morishima-Steen
2) What will be the shortest match? Tag Team match
3) Will there be any blood? If so, in which match(es)? Yes, in Butcher-Jay.
4) How many matches will end with a pinfall? 6
There are my predictions.

#21 ·

Bonus Questions:

1) What will be the longest match? World Championship match
2) What will be the shortest match? Delirious vs. Brent Albright
3) Will there be any blood? If so, in which match(es)? Yes, Jay Briscoe vs. Necro Butcher
4) How many matches will end with a pinfall? 4

#22 · (Edited)

Bonus Questions:

1) What will be the longest match? Takeshi Morishima vs. Kevin Steen.
2) What will be the shortest match? Delirious vs. Albright.
3) Will there be any blood? If so, in which match(es)? Jay Briscoe vs. The Necro Butcher.
4) How many matches will end with a pinfall? 5.

#23 ·

Bonus Questions:

1) What will be the longest match? ROH Title Match
2) What will be the shortest match? Delirious vs Albright
3) Will there be any blood? If so, in which match(es)? Faction Warfare
4) How many matches will end with a pinfall? 6

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.