Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official Indy DVD Help Thread

937K views 16K replies 349 participants last post by  vivalabrave 
#1 · (Edited)
If you need help picking a ROH DVD(s) just post in here and we'll try and help the best that we can.

#1,127 ·
Re: Official ROH DVD Help Thread

What did everyone think of the string of matches that Nigel & Claudio had in the past few months.

What did you all think of their little rivalry?

I enjoyed it. I thought the finished were interesting and both men were able to show off their outstanding talents against eachother.

#1,129 ·

The Nigel VS Claudio matches were for the most part pretty good. They had a couple of dull ones, but mostly good wrestling matches.

Too bad that in one night Danielson and Nigel had a better match than anything Claudio and Nigel did put together.

#1,130 ·

I love the European 'style' of wrestling, a modern version of Rick Flair and Ricky Steamboat styles it seems like (back in their prime).

Colt, Claudio, Nigel, Danielson, Williams, Fleisch, all amazing wrestlers.

With that said, Claudio/Nigel had some great matches and some 'meh' matches, as Honor said.

P.S. I only got the Danielson banners because I love the chant and I got cool 7/15 pics. I'd rather have a Colt banner anyday

#1,133 ·

anyone here got any idea where i could find myself a copy of roh main event spectacles from somewhere in the uk? i have seen it around in a few places but it is still fairly highly priced considering it is a pretty old event. my top range price is maybe about £10 if it is new

if anyone can help out rep will be given

thanks

#1,134 ·

Sabu_FTW_champion said:
anyone here got any idea where i could find myself a copy of roh main event spectacles from somewhere in the uk? i have seen it around in a few places but it is still fairly highly priced considering it is a pretty old event. my top range price is maybe about £10 if it is new

if anyone can help out rep will be given

thanks

If you go to rohwrestling.com you'll find a link to their ebay site, You might find it cheap on there. You'll see the ebay sign on the left hand side of the main page if you scroll down.

If not you'll get it on rohwrestling.com for about £15 including shipping.

#1,135 ·

I was looking at the venues of ROH shows and from the One Year Anniversary (2/8/03) to Manhatten Mayhem (5/7/05) Ring of Honor didnt hold a show in NYC.

Yes they're was a show in Spencerport New York and NJ but not New York City.

Can somebody tell my why ROH didnt run shows in NYC, during that time. Im interested to know.

#1,136 ·

OrtonsPEEP316 said:
I was looking at the venues of ROH shows and from the One Year Anniversary (2/8/03) to Manhatten Mayhem (5/7/05) Ring of Honor didnt hold a show in NYC.

Yes they're was a show in Spencerport New York and NJ but not New York City.

Can somebody tell my why ROH didnt run shows in NYC, during that time. Im interested to know.
Dont forget ROH was just "another" indy back then.

#1,137 ·

Hey guys I'm still wondering what best of movie to get either the Best Of The Second City Saints or the Best of Colt Cabana. Does anyone own these movies ? and if you do could you tell me what the better overall movie is ? also one more question what Good Times Great Memories are on the Best Of Colt Cabana ?

#1,138 ·

GenerationNeXt6 said:
Hey guys I'm still wondering what best of movie to get either the Best Of The Second City Saints or the Best of Colt Cabana. Does anyone own these movies ? and if you do could you tell me what the better overall movie is ? also one more question what Good Times Great Memories are on the Best Of Colt Cabana ?
Either, there both really good, but if you had to choose, prob second city saints.

#1,139 ·

GenerationNeXt6 said:
I own both and love both. If you like Punk, Ace, and Cabana, get Best of Second City Saints. If you like Cabana the best, get his DVD. Both have awesome matches on it, I can't really say one is better than the other, I enjoyed both. If I had to pick an overall better one, I'd go with Second City Saints slightly, due to the intense/awesome Punk promos and variety of people, but it's ALL tag matches. Best of Cabana has singles, tag, four courner, etc, a mix of evertyhing.

As for the Best of Colt Cabana, the Good Times Great Memories segments are meh, decent ones, not his best. He needs a Vol. 2.

Either, there both really good, but if you had to choose, prob second city saints.
You haven't seen them :(. But we should watch them Saturday or somethin.

#1,147 ·

Better Than Our Best is a solid show from what I keep hearing, one of the best this year, but there are better shows out there.

I haven't seen BTOB, but Ring of Homicide is amazing. Great card from top to bottom, my review on it is on the bottom of the page or on page two in this section.

#1,148 · (Edited)

Get Better than our Best than its a great show IMO, I think Honor reviewed that show a while back.

Six Man Mayhem – Ace Steel vs. Jack Evans vs. Matt Sydal vs. Jimmy Jacobs vs. Jake Crist vs. Dave Crist: Good fast pace match up to open the show. I love these kinds of matches to open the show because you are expecting a spot fest with some blown spots I might add but that didnt stop the action. The match was not to long but it got the point across. **stars

Ricky Reyes vs. Delirious: This was a suprising match to me I thought Reyes would squash Delirious but Delirious brought the fight to Reyes on this night. It ended really quick with a couple of counters and a shocking winner. It really wasnt a match up more like pushing Delirious towards a big win. *stars

This is where the DVD really starts at.

Jimmy Rave, Alex Shelley & Masato Yoshino vs. Do Fixer- . It starts kind of slow but as the match goes on you will be on the edge of your seat. The last sequence is great also. This is a must see match see match up. ***1/2 Stars

Four Corner Survival – AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe vs. Christopher Daniels vs. Jimmy Yang: This was one of the best 4 Corner survivals I have seen in ROH. Everyone in the match went after Joe which was smart wrestling. Every spot in the match was timed perfectly threw out with all four guys getting enough offense in. Of Course we got the match break down with every man in the match getting in some type of offense. IMO Styles and Daniels made this match. *** stars

ROH Tag Team Title Match – Roderick Strong & Austin Aries vs. Blood Gen(CIMA & Naruki Doi): Whoa this was my MOTN so far as both of these tag teams had a steller contest, The match is so fast paced and the spots are so crazy you just have to watch this match to see what I mean. It was everything I expected and more from these two tag teams. ****Stars

Bryan Danielson vs. Lance Storm:Its this simple if you love hold for hold clinics this is the match for you. A lot of people call this match boring but I think it picked up as the match went on. I guess they were so into the fast paced matches that came before this they needed to settle down with a classic hold for hold clinic. Storm looked very strong coming into this match and I didnt get the feeling that he had any ring rust. Both guys get a much deserved standing ovation at the end. ***3/4 stars

Chicago Street Fight – Homicide vs. Colt Cabana: Emotion and Violence is the best way to desribe this epic main event match. It was kind of sloppy but what do you expect in a street fight. The long brawl between these guys was amazing to see it came off great on DVD. I think my rating goes up for this match because I love chair riots. It was nice to see Homicide put Cabana over in this feud and the aftermath was great with them showing each other respect that was just a great way to end a great feud. ****Stars

I hope that helps you make a decision about getting this great DVD. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.