Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official Indy DVD Help Thread

937K views 16K replies 349 participants last post by  vivalabrave 
#1 · (Edited)
If you need help picking a ROH DVD(s) just post in here and we'll try and help the best that we can.

#10,332 ·
PWG All Star Weekend V Night Two

No DQ Match
Joey Ryan vs Kevin Steen - *** 1/4
Appearently there was a problem with the ropes so Ryan decided to come out and "entertain" the fans, well that didn't last long cause Steen (having some sort of issue with Ryan) comes out and starts beating the hell out of Ryan. Really fun to see despicable heel Ryan getting beat on and this match in corporated a lot of fun spots like using the refs belt as a weapon and proper use of a Dynasty run in, good way to open the show even inf it was probably unintentional

Karl Anderson/Lil' Cholo/NOSAWA vs TJ Perkins/Rocky Romero/Ronin - ** 1/2
Enjoyable enough but really just an average 6 man, Anderson won me over a little in this match though with his antics

Chris Hero vs Davey Richards - *** 1/4
Fun and competitive match up, I enjoyed the "charisma" contest between the two men and Hero was more than capable enough to carry Richards to a good match

Disco Machine/Kikutaro vs Colt Cabana/Top Gun Talwar - ** 1/2
This is the Kiku/Colt Comedy show and Disco, Talwar and referee Taro are just there in supporting roles, comedy fun and a nice post match send off for Colt

Claudio Castignoli vs Alex Shelley - *** 1/2
Second night in a row Shelley was placed in what was pretty much an exhibition match, but who better an oppenent to have than "Double C"

Kaz Hayashi vs PAC - ****
Fun fun match that sees the veteran Kaz bully the young PAC, lots of slick exchanges and some nice highspots (although nothing super crazy like PAC vs Generico). I'd like to note at how well PAC vocally sells shit.

Arrogance vs Roderick Strong/Jack Evans - *** 1/4
I really miss the Evans/Strong team and this match just made me miss them more. Overall a fun match with a nice heat segement of Arrogance beating down jack but this match dragged a bit and was made somewhat pointless by the Super Dragon (lol @ how fat he looks now) & Davey Richards run in. Hoping the payoff for the post match stuff happens at DD4

PWG World Title Match
El Generico (c) vs Human Tornado - *** 1/2

Have to say i'm enjoying the new heel turn by Tornado. Now on my review of ASW V N1, I noted that I'm not really a fan of the HT's wrestling ability but he looked really good in this match, and he worked his heeling in really well with out over doing it (*cough* Davey Richards *cough*)like using Candace as a human shield and my favorite spot of the night throwing her like a missle at Generico, he also managed to work in the fact he was bitter against his former friend El Generico for taking his title away.

Samoa Joe vs Low Ki - **** 1/4
My MOTN. It was nice to see a recent Ki match where he didn't complete go into his usual routine of "I'm Low Ki, I will kick and stomp you" and he looked like Ki of pre-2004which IMO is for the most part is a good thing. That Samoan guy is a good hand as well, great match but I do like the old GBH match from 2002 more, but hey I'm not complaining.

Overall Show Value - *** (Worth a look)
I liked night one better but this show was a little more solid in that I have nearly everything around the *** mark or higher. Very good show by PWG.

#10,419 · (Edited)
I thought I would give star ratings a try. Please remeber this is my first time doing this, but I feel alright with these results...

wXw - 16 Carat Gold 2007 - Day 1

Adam Polak vs Big Van Walter vs Atsushu Aoki vs Tengkwa

This was a very good opener, not a long match. But a great fast paced opener where everyone got to put there spots in. Big Van Walter impressed me in this match. He didn't do a hell of a lot, but the stuff he pulled off was very crisp. Especially the lariat, it will be interesting to see some more of his stuff. He wasn't the only new face to impress me in this show

Rating - **1/4​

Go Shiozaki vs Davey Richards​

This match was excellent. Shiozaki impressed once again, and soldifies in my mind that he will have a very bright future indeed. He needs to be brought into ROH for a few US dates. There is no doubt that he would impress. Another interesting note is the after match 'incident'. Personally I didn't really enjoy it, but the crowd eat it up. It involves Bryce Remnsburg hitting some offense on Davey Richards....I won't give to much away.

Rating - ***1/2​

Nigel McGuinnes vs Doug Williams​

This match played on my mind after seeing it. This may be an old cliche to use, but it was like a rollercoaster...But wait, I'll explain this. To begin with this match started off great, lots of chain wrestling executed perfectly. The crowd were hot and loving it. As the match proceed the crowd seemed to lose interest in it, and as a result so did I to an extent. But things picked up after the slump and the finishing sequence was well worked. The wrestling was no doubt executed beautifully, but it didn't quite draw me in, which is suprising as I like both guys work. Personally I prefered Williams/Cabana from Fighting Spirit better. If you shaved off say five minutes this match could easily have gotten a higher rating.

Rating - ***​

Ares vs Tommy End​

This was pretty much a squash, with Ares dominating End for the majority of this short match. It was fun none the less, but nothing too great.

Rating - *1/4​

El Generico vs Pac​

We all know the bried history between these two. Excellent matches usually are created when these two come together, and this was no different. Personally I don't think it was as good as there original meeting together at All Star Weekend IV Night 2. I would love to have seen this match go a little bit longer, and I believe with those extra few minutes this match would be right up there with there original.

Rating - ***1/2​

Sydal vs Saito​

This match was quick as you would expect but it wasn't unbelievably fast like most Dragon Gate matches. They paced themselves really well in this match and had some really nice exchanges in this match. This was a pretty short match, which suprised me. I thought it would go a little longer. But with the time they had they pulled off a very entertaining match.

Rating - **3/4​

Bad Bones vs Emil Sitoci​

Now here is the next new face that impressed me greatly - Bad Bones. He sort of looks like a Snitsky/Kane hybrid. But is certainly more athletic than the two. All the time I was watching it I was thinking that he would certainly be someone that the WWE could scout, and potentially sign.

Rating - **1/2​

Murat Bosporus vs Steve Douglas​

This match was a bit hit and miss with me, because I really liked what I saw in one guy. But I really didn't like the other guy. The guy that was impressive was - Murat Bosporus. Some of his suplexes just blew me away. He will certainly be a treat for all the guys going to PWG's European Vacation 2. Steve Douglas was just meh...Nothing of note really. The match was very stop, start. When the match got going it was good. When it stopped, it just dragged everything down...

Rating - **​

Claudio Castagnoli vs Chris Hero​

Like Generico/Pac, when these two guys come together you are guaranteed a great match. However, Claudio and Hero have a bit more of a history and experience working together. This match was match of the night, but only just (Go/Davey was excellent, and was a close second) They went for a slow pace and gradually built to there spots. A lot of leg work, and a lot of lucha mixed into the pot. Very similar to their match at Rey de Voladores, but doesn't quite reach that level. But damn does it come close. The crowd were red hot all night long, and they absoloutely love these two guys. Hero especially. Post match is a very cool sight to see, and is well deserved.

Rating - A high ***3/4

Overall - A very enjoyable show, with nothing horrible on the card. Even the squash was fun to watch. There are no match of the years on this card, but there doesn't need to be. This is just a great night of wrestling, that I am certainly not regretting picking up​

#10,435 ·
StraightEdge said:
Is There still a problem with rohwrestling.com's Orders cause It's Been 5 Weeks now and I Still haven't got my order of DVDs, Usualy it takes 2 Weeks for them, 3 Tops. Rep For Good Answers.
Email their help guy on the website, they are usually very helpful. I don't know about Canada shipping but if they are on the road sometimes it takes an extra day since they aren't around to ship on Fridays and Saturdays when doing shows.

#10,466 ·
hulkamania said:
Can anyone reccomend me some some shows from early 04-05? I need to get a few more ROH Dvds in.
Reborn Stage Two
Generation Next
Death Before Dishonor II pt 1
Death Before Dishonor II pt 2
Midnight Express Reunion
Weekend of Thunder Night 1
Weekend of Thunder Night 2

Manhattan Mayhem
Final Showdown
Nowhere to Run
The Future is Now
Escape from New York

#10,473 ·
My 51 disc HBK comp arrived today...started from disc 48 'cause I wanted to see his recent run and such. So far, the matches have been HBK/HHH Royal Rumble (****), HBK/Orton RAW (***), HBK/Benoit RAW(***3/4), and HBK/Benoit vs Batista/Orton RAW(***). Pretty sweet.

Although, hearing the crowd chant Benoit's name so loudly and passionately is really, really weird...almost frustrating.

Reactions: KingKicks
#10,500 ·
McQueen said:
SHIMMER is really good for Women's wrestling but the Dreamslam shows make it look really fucking rediculous tbh.

Manami Toyota > All other women's wrestlers.
I've actually been watching a lot of Amazing Kong and Akira Hokuto recently.

Speaking of which, I need to pick up the Dreamslam shows...If I can find them...

#10,545 ·
My grab-bag consisted of SS w/ Liger, 1PW A Cruel Twist Of Fate, SS w/ Paul Ellering, FIP Payback, and NWA Saints & Sinners. Not too bad, but I was hoping for a bit better. I owe Cali 25k points though :(

Reactions: McQueen
#10,575 ·
^Unscripted, mabes? It was around that show, pretty sure it was that one though.

Mystery, I guarantee you'll get at least two SS from your grab bags...probably more. Most people are getting one or two in each bag.

Reactions: El Conquistador
#10,576 · (Edited)
M.W. said:
Random question: Does anybody know the name of the event that held the Michael Shane vs. Paul London street fight match?
ROH Unscripted, i think in 02...

Can someone give me star ratings for PWG's Uncanny X-Mas? And, if possible, some kind of humour rating.

EDIT: Also looking for ratings/review for Dragon Gate infinity 58 and IWA-MS When Hero Met Punk

#10,618 · (Edited)
mrchrisieclass said:
Where do you buy ROH dvds from if you live in the UK?
You can also buy them from:

http://www.twcfightshop.com
www.a-merchandise.co.uk

But I like most ppl on here prefer to just get them straight from www.rohwrestling.com

As it works out much cheaper for me with all the sales they have (buy 3 get 1 free, $10 for select items, 10%-30% off) even with shipping. Plus they have all the latest releases available within 2 months of the shows compared to U.K suppliers who get their titles atleast 6-12 months after their original release date, if your lucky!

Reactions: mrchrisieclass
#10,619 ·
RINGofHONOR_02 said:
You can also buy them from:

http://www.twcfightshop.com
www.a-merchandise.co.uk

But I like most ppl on here prefer to just get them straight from www.rohwrestling.com

As it works out much cheaper for me with all the sales they have (buy 3 get 1 free, $10 for select items, 10%-30% off) even with shipping. Plus they have all the latest releases available within 2 months of the shows compared to U.K suppliers who get their titles atleast 6-12 months after their original release date.
Not sure about TWC but a-merchadise is a rip off you'll be paying $26.00 for a show before shipping and direct from ROH it will only cost you $27.00 shipped.

But to whoever asked originally stick with the ROH site look out for the right sale for what your after ($10 for older shows, B3G1F for the rest) and go on ebay you can pick up alot of shows cheap on there specifically looked out for a user called outcastvideo he has 10-15 dvd up weekly and they often go very cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.