Votes: 60 47.2%
  • NO!

Votes: 35 27.6%
  • Its OK but I preferred it back in...

Votes: 32 25.2%

Are You Happy?

6K views 77 replies 53 participants last post by  Oxidamus 
#1 ·
...with the current State of the WWE Product.

If so hit "Yes" and be content.
If not hit "No" and explain in the comments at what point you were last "Happy" overall with the WWE product (Story-lines/Matches etc.).

#11 ·
Mixed bag. I'm thrilled with Heyman doing his thing every week, CM Punk's position on the card, Sandow as Mr. MITB, the Wyatt Family, and Del Rio holding the world title instead of a shitty alternative like Sheamus and Dolph Ziggler.

I'm PISSED at Barrett's position in the company, Ambrose doing nothing of any note, this incessant shoving of Daniel Bryan down my throat, John Cena being the absolute lamest person on the planet, and the McMahon family horseshit.

So they get about half right and half wrong.

#16 · (Edited)
Yes. It has never been that good since 2008/2009. Not that it's perfect or something, but they're actually building new stars and not just shoving Cena down our throats. Bryan is rising, and so are The Wyatt Family and other new stars. There are more interesting characters such as The Wyatt Family, Fandango, Dean Ambrose, Damien Sandow and so on. So yeah, I'm happy.

Reactions: bigbuxxx
#34 ·
Irony of WWE is that minus the HD stuff and social media, today feels less modern than watching WWE around 2003-2004. WWE around those years had great sets, great theme music, great video promos and everything. Today it's just WWE trying to be over the top(they're like that person who wears certain clothes,listens to certain music,watches certain shows, just so they can be like "Look at me, I fit in with people because I listen to ___,I know who ___ is" and stuff...).

Though lately, stuff like that has been toned down(especially the past 2 Raws that followed PPVs(MITB and Payback)

#37 ·
Yes. Bryan is getting a shot at the WWE Championship, The Shield, Cesaro and Sandow are great new additions, there are more good matches than there was just a few years ago and Punk is finally near the top where he belongs after years of being held back. Not to mention the roster is pretty solid right now. Is it GREAT? No, but it's good. Anyone still crying about the old days can just get over it, AE is over and so is the Ruthless Era. The show has been improving for awhile now and while there is plenty of shit still, I've seen it in far worse shape.

#40 ·
Yes i'm happy with the product, they're starting to build more stars, and i'm a fan of more guys now then I've ever been.

Reactions: Dustin13
#10 ·
There's a bit of a freshness atm with some new talent emerging, and we're getting a hell of a lot of quality wrestling matches on free TV this year (mainly thanks to one man) so I'm pleased enough with it.

Certain areas they could do better in of course, but I'm enjoying WWE more than I was this time last year anyway.

#24 ·
I really don't know. This year has been great yes. New stars are being made well kinda. I mean look at Ziggler. It just feels as everytime they build something exciting up and then decides to just drop the ball on it. I was stoked when Ziggler won the belt. I was thinking finally this is the push I've been waiting for the entire time and he got one of the biggest pops in freaking history as a heel. No a month later they give the belt to a guy nobody freaking gives a shit about. I swear not even his so called latino fanbase gives a shit. Im swedish and if del Rio was Swedish I would still not give a shit. Just give me somebody I enjoy I dont care if he,s mexican,american or freaking Nigerian. They always do that. Cody Rhodes,Barret,Mcintyre whatever. They can never go through with a push. That's the way i feel even a guy like Henry who should of beaten Cena but no Cena made him freaking tapout. I feel the same thing will happed to the Shield I mean they are already on the preshow directionless as shit. Wyatt family lord knows when they will fuck them up to. Like I said look at Ziggler now he,s facing jobbers when he should be a maineventer.

I have to see how Summerslam plays out though I got a feeling we will see some heelturns and hopefully Bryan ends up winning the title. It's tease after tease after tease and then back to the same old shit in The champ is here. It feels as if the whole show revolves around that man. Build a guy up and feed him to Cena and then job him out til he,s up again. I got a feeling that wont be the case with Bryan and I hope it isn't because its been like this for 7 freaking years. Like I said I have to see how Summerslam plays out before I tell you how I fwel,but if we get a smiling Cena promo the night after Summerslam still champion I'm taking a break from watching until the rumble.

#27 ·
everyone who says no is just living in the past! Things change yo! Cant keep doing the same thing over and over! your not a kid anymore either so you will naturally watch with diffrent perspective! 2001 was boss though :-D

#30 ·
Yes. Raw/PPVs have largely been enjoyable this year and the standard of in ring work has been very good, we're also seeing a lot of fresh exciting new talent coming e.g. The Shield, Bray Wyatt etc, as well as the likes of Bryan being pushed. It's definatly improved since 09-12. There are still lots of ways to improve but its getting there.

#33 ·
Yes and no. I don't really like the whole "Only the main event scene matters" form of booking.

WWE has neglected the midcard so badly that they've created the mindset that midcarder = jobber. So the only way a Superstar can look strong is if they're shoved into the main event or into programs with main event talent. A guy gets pushed to the moon, has a big time feud with a top level guy, and then once that's over, they just flounder around. And once a guy has been in the main event, or competed for a World Title, it looks like a big step down when they're not. WWE just has too many "main eventers" (guys who are supposed to be top contenders in kayfabe) on the roster.

Instead of trying to get people over on all levels of the card, WWE will try to put anyone they're high on into the upper tier, leading to a bloated main event scene and a shitty midcard. And the REAL midcarders end up looking like jobbers because they have to lose a lot just to maintain the pretense that guys like Ryback or Barrett are still "big deals", despite them falling hard

That's the whole reason we still have two World Titles even without a brand split. The WWE Title is clearly the title for the big boys, while the world title is the trial run/consolation prize for people who don't have the level of star power of those competing for the WWE Title. Some of these guys competing for the WHC are just glorified midcarders/upper midcarders but WWE won't let them just BE midcarders and let them compete for the IC Title or in the tag division. The World title only exists to inflate certain guys' importance.

I like Alberto Del Rio. He's more over and charismatic than people give him credit for, but for whatever reason, he just isn't taking as a main eventer. Personally I think the World Title should be laid to rest. Rock going AWOL with the WWE Title and Ziggler's concussion proved that two major titles aren't needed. With just one world title, maybe they can start building stars instead of manufacturing them.

Right now I think WWE just expects us to care about a guy jus because he has "The WCW Belt" (I'm sure some casuals still call it this despite WCW being dead for over a decade)..

#43 ·
Wait. There are more storylines in the midcard. The Wyatts aren't in the main-event and they have no titles currently. I'd call them midcarders, currently. The Shield? They were pushed as destroying EVERYONE and they were given midcard titles. I'd call that a midcard even though they started off in the Main Event "scene". We have a storyline (yes, in the main event) that isn't even about the WWE title and it feels much...much bigger in CM Punk vs Lesnar. We have a Ziggler vs Big E fued without the WHC, we have a Damien Sandow vs Cody Rhodes fued which is a non-title but might turn into a briefcase fued, we have ADR vs random face fued (not that I care, but it's still a fued / storyline). We have a Heyman / Curtis Axel vs Random Face fued (was currently with the Miz / Barrett). Sure, they could do better with going further down the line, but, it's not ALL about the WWE Title / John Cena and there is a lot more than the Main Event scene now than there ever was 2+ years ago.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.