Wrestling Forum banner

John Cena vs. Mark Henry for the WWE Championship

23K views 188 replies 144 participants last post by  bboy 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
wwe.com said:
If the Cenation thought John Cena’s schedule as a WWE Champion would get any easier once he turned back the sizable challenge of Ryback at WWE Payback, they were sorely mistaken.

At Money in the Bank on July 14, The Champ will face a new monster of a contender in the form of Mark Henry, the 400-pound-plus powerhouse who thrives on causing pain and appears bent not just on destruction, but also on capturing the WWE Title around Cena’s waist.

Raw Managing Supervisor Vickie Guerrero made the championship bout official on the June 17 edition of Raw after The World’s Strongest Man callously leveled Cena only one night removed from The Champ’s Three Stages of Hell Match against Ryback. In the moments immediately preceding the attack, Henry delivered what many believed to be a heartfelt swan song meant to cap off a stellar 17-year career in WWE. Instead, Henry’s retirement speech was merely a ruse, a setup used to lull a respectful Cena into a false sense of security and make him easy prey.

Now, the Cenation leader and Henry are on a collision course for July 14, and if Cena loyalists aren't concerned about their hero’s title reign — not to mention his physical well-being — they ought to be.

Ill-tempered even on the best of days, Henry is sporting a huge chip on his shoulder, and it seemingly has everything to do with a single objective: winning the WWE Championship that has eluded him in his near two decades of competition. WWE fans will remember that Henry set his sights on Cena the night after WrestleMania 29, only to have another monster, Ryback, steal the spotlight with a high-profile act of betrayal.

Lost in the commotion was the fact that Henry pinned Ryback on The Grandest Stage of Them All. Considering how much trouble Cena had overcoming the Shell Shocking Superstar in recent months, will he be up to the challenge of Mark Henry, one of WWE’s few competitors to hold a completely valid pinfall victory over “The Human Wrecking Ball”?

Henry also takes a discomforting amount of pride in being the reckless and ruthless gatekeeper of the “Hall of Pain.” The list of Superstars who have been put out of action by the superheavyweight is lengthy, reading like a “Who’s who” of WWE. Could The Champ — who’s been plagued by injuries as varied as bone chips in his elbow to a nearly torn meniscus to a torn Achilles tendon — be walking into the most dangerous match of his 11th WWE Title reign at Money in the Bank?

Find out what happens when Cena’s indefatigable spirit is put to the test by more than 400 pounds of bad attitude and bone-breaking expertise. To watch all the action, catch WWE Money in the Bank live on pay-per-view on Sunday, July 14.

See less See more
1 1
#168 ·
The built up for this match has been pretty bad IMO. I've loved the promos of Mark Henry, but that's it. Sure, they have tried to make Henry to appear as a dangerous challenger against Cena, but i think this title match is coming way too soon. One slam and few promos are not enough. Of course there is a chance that we will see Cena Vs. Henry II, but only if Henry manages to capture the WWE title at MITB, and that is a BIG if.

#171 ·
I was just thinking of an scenario for a triple threat on SS.

Cena and Henry beat each other to the point both are exhausted, Henry picks the win thou. Bryan who just won the briefcase comes out getting the win over Henry.
Henry got a wwe title win(short and stupid but it still counts). This gives Henry a rematch, also Cena have an rematch against Henry. This will make up for a triple threat on SS.

#172 ·
I have this faint hope that somehow Henry will win the WWE Title but realistically I'm not sure if it's gonna happen. Henry seemed to get a lot of momentum and attention from his excellent fake retirement promo which is part of the reason why I think he might have an outside shot. I'd love to see him have even a short reign with it and drop it to Bryan or someone else at Summerslam.

#175 ·
I can't wait til he makes Henry tap to the STF that's gonna be funny as hell. John Cena, the ultimate boyscout. The ultimate underdog. The ultimate troll.

#176 ·
Mark Henry loses clean, than beats the shit out of Cena, Bryan comes out and successfully cashes in. That's what I think is gonna happenz

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

#178 ·
I'm really excited for this one, they've given Henry that amazing push going into it and he's made so much out of it that he's looking like he's going to win the title. That being said, I don't think he will. Cena's too strong on this run and I'm hoping they go through with this one last push and let him keep the title, throughout.

#179 ·
Cena's going to win, but Mark Henry will look like a million bucks. He's really stepped his game up in the last few weeks. The Philly crowd will be 60/40 in favor of Henry. I don't think it will be classic wrestling, but this match for what it's worth will not disappoint.

#185 ·
Henry could pull a dirty victory. Weirder things have happened. Once upon a time the shield beat the three biggest faces in the company. No one though they'd pull that off.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

#188 ·
Add me to the "Fed-Up-With-Cena-Constantly-Winning-All-The-Damn-Time" camp.
I thought the ending of the Cena vs Henry match was crap.
Come on Vince / Triple H / Stephanie / whoever ... have the guts to NOT make it fucking Cena all the damn time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.