• Punk

Votes: 151 48.6%
  • Lesnar with Heyman

Votes: 160 51.4%

CM Punk vs. Brock Lesnar - THE BEST VS. THE BEAST

187K views 2K replies 589 participants last post by  Evolution 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

wwe.com said:
When CM Punk steps into the ring to fight Paul Heyman client Brock Lesnar at SummerSlam, he will face a Superstar who, in Punk’s words, is “a monster."

Against The Anomaly, The Straight Edge Superstar will have a near 50-pound weight disadvantage, as well as a reach disadvantage, never mind an obvious shortcoming in the strength department. Depending on how well he recovers from Lesnar’s savage attack on the July 15 edition of Raw — an incident that resulted in whiplash and strained knee and ankle ligaments for Punk — The Voice of the Voiceless may well be competing at less-than-peak form against an athletic abnormality who wrestles a part-time schedule.

But one factor that will not work against Punk when he arrives at Los Angeles’ STAPLES Center is fear. The Straight Edge Superstar concedes that Lesnar is every bit The Beast Incarnate that Heyman makes him out to be, but according to Punk, beasts like Lesnar exist for only one reason: to be slayed.

Punk has vowed to remove any obstacle between himself and the man who double-crossed him, Heyman. Motivated not only by the sting of betrayal, but also the uncomfortably personal remarks spouted by WWE’s extreme strategist, The Best in the World will likely need every ounce of fearlessness if he hopes to topple the biggest obstacle of them all in Lesnar.

The scene on July 15’s Raw did little to instill confidence in Punk supporters. Made to look like a courageous but overwhelmed civilian by The Anomaly, The Straight Edge Superstar displayed plenty of heart in the encounter, repeatedly pulling himself up by the bootstraps and reengaging in battle. Yet, when the dust settled, Lesnar appeared to have won the dust-up handily.

Punk insists the results will be different at SummerSlam. As unforgiving as Lesnar has proven to be, The Best in the World may be even more unrelenting. The Beast took the first several rounds of battle with relative ease, but with the war set to culminate at SummerSlam — inside the domain where Punk feels most at home, the squared circle — Lesnar’s victory is far from a fait accomplished.

Adding in the deeply personal overtones of the Heyman-Punk rivalry, there is reason to believe the fearless and untiring Straight Edge Superstar will stop at nothing to gain the win. Whether or not The Beast Incarnate can actually be slayed, however, might be a different story altogether.

Find out what happens when The Best takes on The Beast at SummerSlam, live on pay-per-view on Sunday, Aug. 18.

See less See more
6 1
#189 ·
Re: Who needs the win more Lesnar or Punk

Cena beat Lesnar but Lesnar still looked like an absolute monster, I'm pretty sure Punk can make an even better whipping boy for 20 minutes and get some kind of win out of no where. It'd hurt neither man to lose but in my opinion it would slightly be more beneficial for Lesnar to win.

#193 ·
Can't see Punk winning this feud for the simple reason, if he does then that surely classes him as better than HHH since Lesnar came out on top in their feud.

I hope Punk wins, but can't see it.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

#194 ·
Re: Brock Lesnar vs. CM Punk feud

Does this mean Punk wont be in the titlepicture for a longtime?

#196 ·

We're set to get the most epic love triangle in years lol. This was inevitable. I'm not as hype as others about this but I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next week. My only fear is that they blew their load already. In one night we got every major development this thing has to offer. Punk turned face, he split with Heyman and Lesnar returned. That's a lot of weeks worth of TV all crammed into one. We'll see how it goes. If Rock/Brock is the plan for Mania 30 then Brock ought to walk this. Having him lose to Punk would really take the sting out of that program. Same goes for Taker/Brock if that's the plan. Interesting that Heyman wasn't there during the attack though. I look forward to hearing what he has to say next and whether Axel will get involved ha. TRIPLE THREAT.

#200 ·

Punk. Brock will not wrestle Taker at mania and if he faces Rock it wont be the mainevent either so who cares. Punk is the fulltime wrestler and needs the win more.

#201 ·

This was the obvious problem in putting these 2 against each other. They just got through with putting Brock over HHH twice. It would be foolish to have him lose this one with a potential Wrestlemania match against Rock or Undertaker down the line. The thing is though, he's going to lose that Mania match no matter what lol so does it really matter in the end? If they brought back Lesnar to use him to put their guys over then why not give Punk the win? He could use it more but if he goes and retires in a year then again, does it really matter either? So much talk of wins and losses. Brock is Brock and he's a beast no matter what they do with him. Anybody complaining about him losing to Cena and HHH but then arguing for a Punk win here is lol however.

#241 · (Edited)

To all those people spouting the "Punk is a midget" rubbish - even though they clearly are pretty much the same height, and looks tiny next to Lesnar... just stop. Punk looks smaller against 'Taker, than he does Lesnar, and I'd say he does pretty well against 'Taker. And to all those crying foul, about possibly losing "hurting Lesnar's image", I'd say Lesnar cares a hell of a lot more about his bank balance these days, than he does his "monster" image - and he's getting paid handsomely regardless if he "loses". Besides, his image has been tarnished ever since he was beaten bloody like a chump by Velasquez, and then finished off with one body kick by Overeem... which, btw, is the only reason he's back in the WWE to begin with, and why we're now getting this program.

This was the obvious problem in putting these 2 against each other. They just got through with putting Brock over HHH twice. It would be foolish to have him lose this one with a potential Wrestlemania match against Rock or Undertaker down the line. The thing is though, he's going to lose that Mania match no matter what lol so does it really matter in the end? If they brought back Lesnar to use him to put their guys over then why not give Punk the win? He could use it more but if he goes and retires in a year then again, does it really matter either? So much talk of wins and losses. Brock is Brock and he's a beast no matter what they do with him. Anybody complaining about him losing to Cena and HHH but then arguing for a Punk win here is lol however.
That was different. In the case of Cena, that was Lesnar's first match back after his heralded return after 8 or so years, and fresh from his run as heavyweight champ of the biggest fighting organisation in the world - and he should've won. Neither Cena or HHH needed to go over Lesnar... Punk does - it's as simple as that. Like someone said, neither HHH, or Cena had anything to gain from beating Lesnar... but Punk has everything to gain from going over. If Punk beats Lesnar - a legit fighter and former UFC heavyweight champ, then it cements him in that upper level, on a par with Cena, a level he needs to be on, if indeed he ever faces Austin. It also legitimises him in the eyes of the casuals.

Doesn't show in his ring work though. He still punches like a girl and does wrestling moves/holds like a Tough Enough trainee.

Hell, if I was given the same moveset as he does, I'd probably do a CM Punk match better than Philip Brooks ever did in his life. At least I'd be believable.
Oh just fuck off, Seriously.

#202 ·

This is the problem with dream feuds between two top guys. Makes a shit ton of money for WWE because everybody wants to see it, but somebody has to lose, so a whole bunch of marks get butthurt when their guy has to lose one match.

As far as I'm concerned I couldnt care less who wins this feud, I just want to watch it happen.

#204 ·

Punk vs Heyman on the mic will be so great to watch :mark:

I don't want Punk OR Lesnar to lose the feud :jose

But I think Punk will be the one to win this. Loses to Rock and Taker, self-doubt sets in, lack of self-belief when he returns.

Beats Lesnar. Redemption etc.

Brock beats the fuck out of Rock before WrestleMania. Becomes a scary monster again and the loss to Punk is pushed to the back of people's minds.

#205 ·

depends how long they want this feud to last. If it is just 1 match than Brock should and will likely win. If they want to do it at SummerSlam than lets say HIAC or Survivor Series.

Than it will end up being 1-1 and they both move on.

#220 ·

The Punk/Heyman mic battles should be a lot of fun but I'm sure I'm not the only one who cringed when Lesnar grabbed a mic last night lol. Bork is many things but a talker isn't one of them.
Loved the way Brock grabbed a mic, I was saying to myself erm what is he going to say lol, but them Blammo!!! F5 to Punk, fucking classic, loved it.

Now who wins the match is tough, I want Brock to win but can Punk lose another high profile match, possibly if they build the match right with Brock as the dominant monstor and Punk as the babyface type, not a like the HHH matches where Trips ruined what most of the matches were supposed to be about.

#214 ·

Punk needs it more because he is a full timer and has lost his last three feuds. Plus if Punk loses then Lesnar goes away again until the next big PPV, what is Punk going to do? Oh I lost again, he needs the win he has been putting too many people over and he was just the longest WWE champion in 25 years

#219 · (Edited)

Punk needs it more because he is a full timer and has lost his last three feuds. Plus if Punk loses then Lesnar goes away again until the next big PPV, what is Punk going to do? Oh I lost again, he needs the win he has been putting too many people over and he was just the longest WWE champion in 25 years
Yeah, this.

Punk needs it more. Beating Lesnar will solidify him even more as a top guy, and he already has four high profile losses this year (Rock x 2, Cena, Undertaker). Beating the Jerichos of the world doesn't do anything for him. It's time for him to beat Brock.

Remember, the reason Brock Lesnar is even in WWE is, like The Rock, to "put WWE over." It does nothing for the company if Lesnar beats a bunch of top WWE guys. Yeah, the HHH feud was a waste of time, but he still came out on top 2-1 over him. First one decisively, second one was a loss, third was a questionable win. Still won overall.

Brock's WWE record since returning you can count on one hand. It's 2-2. 4 matches in what's now been over one year. Even with a 2 year contract, you don't see a lot of Brock during the year, so you can't have Brock build up a series of wins, because there's so much time in between matches. You have to have him pop in and put someone like Punk over, then disappear for a bit.

Plus, he won at SummerSlam last year, so he should lose at SummerSlam this year.

EDIT: If the argument is that Brock should beat Punk to build him up for The Rock, you have to look at what this actually does for WWE. Brock/Rock is a match that sells on name value, not story value. Sacrificing a top active WWE star like Punk in favor of putting over a part timer over another part timer hurts WWE overall. They need to favor Punk over Rock here.

#215 ·

So Lesner looses to John Cena but wins against Triple H.

CM Punk hasn't had a 100% clean win on John Cena or Triple H

If we go by that logic that Punk will loose, but as this is WWE logic I am sure Santino could beat Lesner :p

As to who SHOULD win, it should be Punk but Lesner is a pretty big beast, or at least thats how he has been booked. I see a win for Punk but I dont expect Punk and Lesner to end so soon, I expect them to have a few matches.

#216 · (Edited)

Can't wait for this match. The feud should be great, with Punk/Heyman going at each other during promos. I agree with what some said, that the feud has already evolved very fast. I didn't expect Punk to be Bork'd for another 4 or so weeks. I am not pushed over who wins the match either (although Brock most likely will).

As for those worrying about this match "hurting" Punk. Leave that notion alone. This match will be designed to cement Punk's face turn. Much like Austin/Hart at WrestleMania 13, Punk will just try to outsmart Brock and not give up until truly beaten. Remember how well Punk's losses to Rock affected him? If he loses here, it will be more beneficial than damaging.

Anyway, aptly poetic image:

#218 ·

They will probably exchange wins, although Brock should win the big one at Summerslam so he can have some momentum for his next big feud at WM30.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.