• Punk

Votes: 151 48.6%
  • Lesnar with Heyman

Votes: 160 51.4%

CM Punk vs. Brock Lesnar - THE BEST VS. THE BEAST

187K views 2K replies 589 participants last post by  Evolution 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

wwe.com said:
When CM Punk steps into the ring to fight Paul Heyman client Brock Lesnar at SummerSlam, he will face a Superstar who, in Punk’s words, is “a monster."

Against The Anomaly, The Straight Edge Superstar will have a near 50-pound weight disadvantage, as well as a reach disadvantage, never mind an obvious shortcoming in the strength department. Depending on how well he recovers from Lesnar’s savage attack on the July 15 edition of Raw — an incident that resulted in whiplash and strained knee and ankle ligaments for Punk — The Voice of the Voiceless may well be competing at less-than-peak form against an athletic abnormality who wrestles a part-time schedule.

But one factor that will not work against Punk when he arrives at Los Angeles’ STAPLES Center is fear. The Straight Edge Superstar concedes that Lesnar is every bit The Beast Incarnate that Heyman makes him out to be, but according to Punk, beasts like Lesnar exist for only one reason: to be slayed.

Punk has vowed to remove any obstacle between himself and the man who double-crossed him, Heyman. Motivated not only by the sting of betrayal, but also the uncomfortably personal remarks spouted by WWE’s extreme strategist, The Best in the World will likely need every ounce of fearlessness if he hopes to topple the biggest obstacle of them all in Lesnar.

The scene on July 15’s Raw did little to instill confidence in Punk supporters. Made to look like a courageous but overwhelmed civilian by The Anomaly, The Straight Edge Superstar displayed plenty of heart in the encounter, repeatedly pulling himself up by the bootstraps and reengaging in battle. Yet, when the dust settled, Lesnar appeared to have won the dust-up handily.

Punk insists the results will be different at SummerSlam. As unforgiving as Lesnar has proven to be, The Best in the World may be even more unrelenting. The Beast took the first several rounds of battle with relative ease, but with the war set to culminate at SummerSlam — inside the domain where Punk feels most at home, the squared circle — Lesnar’s victory is far from a fait accomplished.

Adding in the deeply personal overtones of the Heyman-Punk rivalry, there is reason to believe the fearless and untiring Straight Edge Superstar will stop at nothing to gain the win. Whether or not The Beast Incarnate can actually be slayed, however, might be a different story altogether.

Find out what happens when The Best takes on The Beast at SummerSlam, live on pay-per-view on Sunday, Aug. 18.

See less See more
6 1
#1,282 ·
So Punk talks all this shit, and loses, and where does that leave him? He's also the babyface in this program, they should be more worried how Punk looks after this and not Lesnar. Lesnar won't be effected by the loss, but Punk, who's lost all FOUR of his last big matches, can't afford to lose his fifth in a row.

It isn't that hard to understand.

#1,331 ·
You just don't get it.

Brock is a guy you'll never see again -- a UFC, WWE hybrid. His career trajectory is unique.

There will be many others like Punk, but there will never be another Brock.

Brock is the bigger star. He's the better talent (in-ring + charisma). He's the one that has to win.

If Punk needed a win so badly, then they shouldn't have put him against Brock. Put him against Ryback or Henry instead.

#1,332 · (Edited)
You just don't get it.

Brock is a guy you'll never see again -- a UFC, WWE hybrid. His career trajectory is unique.

There will be many others like Punk, but there will never be another Brock.

Brock is the bigger star. He's the better talent (in-ring + charisma). He's the one that has to win.

If Punk needed a win so badly, then they shouldn't have put him against Brock. Put him against Ryback or Henry instead.
The bold is just not true. Brock is great in-ring for sure but he's not better than Punk currently. I would say it was a good argument to say he was back when he was here full-time but not currently.

I'm still sticking by what I originally predicted would happen with this match. Either Punk will win if they are only having one match together, or Brock will win if they will face each other more than once.

It really makes no difference who's the bigger star, because you don't grow your starpower without credible victories over bigger stars than you.

Also, both sides make valid points for why either man should win but ultimately I think WWE values Punk more in their long-term success, which is why I think he comes out of this feud victorious, whether it be at Summerslam or another ppv.

#1,343 ·
Punk doesn't need shit. Why are people acting like he's been Jericho-level losing? All his "big losses" this year have been while he was heel so therefore, yes, they don't count. Losing to Brock (especially considering Punk's size) would not damage Punk. He could easily regenerate momentum. Brock is on the edge at the minute though and needs this win to propel him back to the forefront.

Reactions: Bryan D.
#1,428 ·
The Outcome of Brock Lesnar vs. CM Punk
We’re told there is still no definitive plan for the ending of Brock Lesnar vs. CM Punk at.WWE SummerSlam, which of course is just over a week away. The match was originally scheduled to main event the show, however, the talk now is that WWE Champion John Cena vs. Daniel Bryan will close the show. Suggested finishes for Punk vs. Lesnar have included a double count out and outside interference.
The bout really books WWE into a corner because it’s lose/lose for either Lesnar or Punk to go under. One observer notes that no finish can be ruled out, no matter how “stupid” or “far fetched.”
Highway robbery if they go this route. You can do this at Extreme Rules or Payback; but not at Summerslam. This is the match people are paying good money to see. Give us a better finish.

As for the notion that it's lose/lose if either one loses -- if you can't afford either one to lose, then why book the match in the first place?

Just give Brock Lesnar the win! Goodness.

Give it 20 minutes of fighting, letting Punk kick out of an F5 or two. When he goes for the GTS, Brock counters with the Kimura Lock (a move he has not been using throughout this feud, unlike with Triple H).

After 30-45 seconds of struggle, Punk reluctantly taps his hand on Brock's shoulder to submit and give Brock Lesnar the victory. Heyman stands tall over Punk for a nice image on WWE.com, maybe even a foot on top of Punk's chest. Afterwards, Punk refuses medical treatment and leaves broken-hearted with a broken arm.

That's a Summerslam. :cheer

#1,446 ·
holy shit the WWE will in the gutter if the Cena takes time off and they have to rely on Orton & Bryan in the fall against the NFL (not like it matters anyways). especially since Brock is at home hunting deerand The Rock is busy filming movies & possibly done altogether. If thats true.

they really are lost on how to finish Brock/Punk. its too bad

Reactions: Oliver-94
#1,502 ·
The Summerslam - Wrestlemania thing with Triple H was planned out well in advance.

Remember -- Brock initially signed for 1 year. As far as WWE was concerned, he was gone after Wrestlemania 29. The idea was Triple H would beat him at Wrestlemania and send him away, sealing the everlasting memory that Triple H > Brock Lesnar.

But then Brock re-signed in ~ February. It was too late to change Wrestlemania, and they needed Brock to look good. That's why we had the cage match at Extreme Rules; to let him recover.

Make no mistake though - the original plans called for Triple H to win the feud. He probably would have made Lesnar tap with the Kimura had Lesnar not re-signed.

#1,505 ·
Awesome article explaining why Punk needs the win.

Summerslam is nearly upon us and the wrestling world is talking up a storm about Daniel Bryan's quest to become WWE Champion. It should be an all-time classic match between he and John Cena, if all goes according to plan. Yet, color me more interested in the other of the top two bouts on the card. "The Best" vs. "The Beast" is the match that I'm most looking forward to and have been since the beginning of the summer when it became apparent that all roads to August 18th would lead to Brock Lesnar vs. CM Punk.

I have gotten just about everything that I have wanted from the feud, thus far. I just wrapped up the 8/9/13 Smackdown! and saw that they even got Brock Lesnar to do one of those sit-down interviews that I had suggested two months ago (I figured it would help to have Brock say something in this feud after becoming a mute in his multi-month saga with Triple H). Excellent mic work from CM Punk and Paul Heyman, intense interactions between Punk and Lesnar, and a little bit of verbal output from Brock have created for a well-rounded storyline that seems fit for an epic payoff at Summerslam.

Some have suggested that the rivalry extend past the Summer Classic, but I do not think that is a good idea. My colleague, Super Chrisss, suggested that Brock needs to win at Summerslam and that Punk can win the feud later. I disagree. Summerslam 2013 may be all about the rise of Daniel Bryan to the weekly, avid Raw viewer, but I would argue that the unquestionable top draw for the unique viewer that stops by during Wrestlemania and Summerslam seasons sees it differently. Brock Lesnar is a box office machine, thus far, in his WWE return. His appearances have been statistically significant. The casual viewer, I would argue, sees the Summerslam card and immediately recognizes that Lesnar is going to be facing the man that they have recently seen give The Rock and Undertaker everything that they could handle. In Punk's Royal Rumble, Elimination Chamber, and Wrestlemania matches, respectively, he was booked to look superb in defeat. We should, collectively, make no mistake about the impression Punk left on the broader audience in the last 18 months since his classic title defense against Chris Jericho at Wrestlemania XXVIII amidst his record 434 day championship reign. To the hardcore member of the fanbase, Punk is quickly approaching legendary status (if he hasn't already achieved the honor). To the fan that watches WWE similar to how I do the NBA and NFL - Playoffs only, while merely paying attention during the regular season - Punk is an emerging commodity on the brink of joining the legends that he has faced on recent big 3 PPVs in the pantheon of all-time greats.

Victory still matters. Multiple types of victory must be achieved by CM Punk for Summerslam '13 to yield him the type of success that he vociferously desires. Only one goal remains for CM Punk: to main-event Wrestlemania. To get there in today's environment is unique. This is not the WWE of five years ago, when the WWE had to call up celebrities like Donald Trump and Floyd Mayweather to drive the buyrates. They have their own, homegrown mainstream stars, now. The Rock has proven that you can come back and knock out huge Wrestlemania buyrates, make a ton of money for not much work, and create legendary, legacy-enhancing moments. Brock is in a similar class. Celebrities of a non-wrestling background such as Trump and Mayweather came in without the expectation of being in the main-event, allowing guys like Edge (and Randy Orton) - non number ones - to get the show closing spotlight. Those days will return, but with all the rumors flying of big returns, it is not likely to be this coming year (or even the next). John Cena is the prime candidate to continue pushing his career to rare heights unless CM Punk can do something that would make himself indispensable on a level that only Cena (on the current roster) can match. If Punk has any hope of turning his dream of facing Stone Cold Steve Austin into reality, then he needs to prove that he can pop a buyrate in another special attraction match. A lot would need to go right for the Austin-Punk scenario to come to fruition, not the least of which would be Stone Cold's own desire to return, but Punk is going to have to make it clear to the WWE higher-ups that, if they build a Wrestlemania around his match as the main-event, then the buyrate has a chance to hold steady at producing over one million buys.

CM Punk must achieve two victories at Summerslam. The first will come from the match result, itself; the black and white, winner and loser variety. There can be no "looking good in defeat" this time around. In fact, I would suggest that he could even get his rear end handed to him for the better part of the presumed 18+ minute affair, but he must achieve the three count in the end. It does not have to be definitive, but it must at least be resourceful. It cannot be cheap, but it does not have to be resounding either. The "bottom line" is that CM Punk must win. To counter Super C's argument, Brock can maul his Wrestlemania XXX opponent into next millennium and still look credible based on his background, reputation, and size. Because of Punk's stature, never will he be able to say the same. Punk has proven to the broader audience that he can compete with and take the best to their breaking points, but he has not proven that he can defeat them. CM Punk is the New Orleans Saints of professional wrestling. In the NFL, the Saints had very few of the qualities that made the casual fan pick them to win over the big boys. They proved in the 2006 Playoffs that they could hang with the elite, making it to the NFC Championship game. It was not until three years later when they won the Super Bowl, though, that all question marks were erased about the franchise's stature. In every walk of life, there is the old, established guard and then there's everyone else trying to get to where they are. A win over Brock Lesnar tells the at-large viewership that CM Punk can do more than just "hang" with the elite, but that he has taken a seat at their exclusive roundtable.

Make no mistake about it, Punkers, your guy - and the wrestler that I've pegged the single most entertaining in the business today - is on the brink of something special. The WWE is paying close attention to Punk's impact. It is not lost on them, I can (as a fellow businessman) assure you, that Punk's feud with The Rock popped incredible first quarter numbers or that Punk's match with Undertaker was the only match in the WWE's most important market at Wrestlemania that garnered a "Wrestlemania worthy" reaction. Punk's potential to main-event Wrestlemania, though, may very well hinge on the financial data released a month or so from today about the Summerslam 2013 buyrate. Brock being on the card last year against Triple H popped a major increase from 2011 to 2012 Summerslam buys. Expectations will be similar for 2013 as they were for 2012. I have stated this since the first shots were fired in the Punk vs. Brock feud that the biggest victory that Punk can claim other than the 1-2-3 will be the 350,000 buy mark. To expect equal to last year would, in my opinion, be too presumptuous. Brock is not the same draw that he was upon initially returning in 2012. Punk vs. Brock is not the same, historical draw that Triple H vs. Brock was last year. However, if Summerslam 2013 hits 350,000, give or take 5-7K, the idea that Punk can main-event a Wrestlemania this coming year or the next will gain quite a bit of empirically-based backing.

Steve Austin has his eye on the same things that the WWE does. He needs to know that Punk can up his game against the elite. He should probably have confirmation of that by now. What he still needs to know - and what the WWE still really needs to know - is whether or not Punk can draw consistently big buyrates. Austin will not want to come back to a financial flop. He'll want to be on the show that challenges for the buyrate record set two years ago. Prospective PPV buyers need to see Punk pin a star of Brock's magnitude so that they can buy him as a threat to Austin or John Cena in the Wrestlemania main-event.

Summerslam is going to be a big night for CM Punk. The pressure will be packed. He will need to put on the performance of his life, frankly, to live up to the lofty standards that he has set in big match situations in the past. Brock is like Rock, in that he can still go, but is not a seasoned, every day wrestler. Punk is in for a challenge. He will also need to win. He also needs to hope beyond hope that he and Daniel Bryan have done enough to entice a lot of fans to come out of the woodwork and order this PPV. CM Punk's dream might well depend on it.

Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/columns/...lvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#BPE2WwrAYKPZgH8A.99
How anybody can say Lesnar needs the win baffles the fuck out of me.

#1,536 ·
Awesome article explaining why Punk needs the win.

Summerslam is nearly upon us and the wrestling world is talking up a storm about Daniel Bryan's quest to become WWE Champion. It should be an all-time classic match between he and John Cena, if all goes according to plan. Yet, color me more interested in the other of the top two bouts on the card. "The Best" vs. "The Beast" is the match that I'm most looking forward to and have been since the beginning of the summer when it became apparent that all roads to August 18th would lead to Brock Lesnar vs. CM Punk.

I have gotten just about everything that I have wanted from the feud, thus far. I just wrapped up the 8/9/13 Smackdown! and saw that they even got Brock Lesnar to do one of those sit-down interviews that I had suggested two months ago (I figured it would help to have Brock say something in this feud after becoming a mute in his multi-month saga with Triple H). Excellent mic work from CM Punk and Paul Heyman, intense interactions between Punk and Lesnar, and a little bit of verbal output from Brock have created for a well-rounded storyline that seems fit for an epic payoff at Summerslam.

Some have suggested that the rivalry extend past the Summer Classic, but I do not think that is a good idea. My colleague, Super Chrisss, suggested that Brock needs to win at Summerslam and that Punk can win the feud later. I disagree. Summerslam 2013 may be all about the rise of Daniel Bryan to the weekly, avid Raw viewer, but I would argue that the unquestionable top draw for the unique viewer that stops by during Wrestlemania and Summerslam seasons sees it differently. Brock Lesnar is a box office machine, thus far, in his WWE return. His appearances have been statistically significant. The casual viewer, I would argue, sees the Summerslam card and immediately recognizes that Lesnar is going to be facing the man that they have recently seen give The Rock and Undertaker everything that they could handle. In Punk's Royal Rumble, Elimination Chamber, and Wrestlemania matches, respectively, he was booked to look superb in defeat. We should, collectively, make no mistake about the impression Punk left on the broader audience in the last 18 months since his classic title defense against Chris Jericho at Wrestlemania XXVIII amidst his record 434 day championship reign. To the hardcore member of the fanbase, Punk is quickly approaching legendary status (if he hasn't already achieved the honor). To the fan that watches WWE similar to how I do the NBA and NFL - Playoffs only, while merely paying attention during the regular season - Punk is an emerging commodity on the brink of joining the legends that he has faced on recent big 3 PPVs in the pantheon of all-time greats.

Victory still matters. Multiple types of victory must be achieved by CM Punk for Summerslam '13 to yield him the type of success that he vociferously desires. Only one goal remains for CM Punk: to main-event Wrestlemania. To get there in today's environment is unique. This is not the WWE of five years ago, when the WWE had to call up celebrities like Donald Trump and Floyd Mayweather to drive the buyrates. They have their own, homegrown mainstream stars, now. The Rock has proven that you can come back and knock out huge Wrestlemania buyrates, make a ton of money for not much work, and create legendary, legacy-enhancing moments. Brock is in a similar class. Celebrities of a non-wrestling background such as Trump and Mayweather came in without the expectation of being in the main-event, allowing guys like Edge (and Randy Orton) - non number ones - to get the show closing spotlight. Those days will return, but with all the rumors flying of big returns, it is not likely to be this coming year (or even the next). John Cena is the prime candidate to continue pushing his career to rare heights unless CM Punk can do something that would make himself indispensable on a level that only Cena (on the current roster) can match. If Punk has any hope of turning his dream of facing Stone Cold Steve Austin into reality, then he needs to prove that he can pop a buyrate in another special attraction match. A lot would need to go right for the Austin-Punk scenario to come to fruition, not the least of which would be Stone Cold's own desire to return, but Punk is going to have to make it clear to the WWE higher-ups that, if they build a Wrestlemania around his match as the main-event, then the buyrate has a chance to hold steady at producing over one million buys.

CM Punk must achieve two victories at Summerslam. The first will come from the match result, itself; the black and white, winner and loser variety. There can be no "looking good in defeat" this time around. In fact, I would suggest that he could even get his rear end handed to him for the better part of the presumed 18+ minute affair, but he must achieve the three count in the end. It does not have to be definitive, but it must at least be resourceful. It cannot be cheap, but it does not have to be resounding either. The "bottom line" is that CM Punk must win. To counter Super C's argument, Brock can maul his Wrestlemania XXX opponent into next millennium and still look credible based on his background, reputation, and size. Because of Punk's stature, never will he be able to say the same. Punk has proven to the broader audience that he can compete with and take the best to their breaking points, but he has not proven that he can defeat them. CM Punk is the New Orleans Saints of professional wrestling. In the NFL, the Saints had very few of the qualities that made the casual fan pick them to win over the big boys. They proved in the 2006 Playoffs that they could hang with the elite, making it to the NFC Championship game. It was not until three years later when they won the Super Bowl, though, that all question marks were erased about the franchise's stature. In every walk of life, there is the old, established guard and then there's everyone else trying to get to where they are. A win over Brock Lesnar tells the at-large viewership that CM Punk can do more than just "hang" with the elite, but that he has taken a seat at their exclusive roundtable.

Make no mistake about it, Punkers, your guy - and the wrestler that I've pegged the single most entertaining in the business today - is on the brink of something special. The WWE is paying close attention to Punk's impact. It is not lost on them, I can (as a fellow businessman) assure you, that Punk's feud with The Rock popped incredible first quarter numbers or that Punk's match with Undertaker was the only match in the WWE's most important market at Wrestlemania that garnered a "Wrestlemania worthy" reaction. Punk's potential to main-event Wrestlemania, though, may very well hinge on the financial data released a month or so from today about the Summerslam 2013 buyrate. Brock being on the card last year against Triple H popped a major increase from 2011 to 2012 Summerslam buys. Expectations will be similar for 2013 as they were for 2012. I have stated this since the first shots were fired in the Punk vs. Brock feud that the biggest victory that Punk can claim other than the 1-2-3 will be the 350,000 buy mark. To expect equal to last year would, in my opinion, be too presumptuous. Brock is not the same draw that he was upon initially returning in 2012. Punk vs. Brock is not the same, historical draw that Triple H vs. Brock was last year. However, if Summerslam 2013 hits 350,000, give or take 5-7K, the idea that Punk can main-event a Wrestlemania this coming year or the next will gain quite a bit of empirically-based backing.

Steve Austin has his eye on the same things that the WWE does. He needs to know that Punk can up his game against the elite. He should probably have confirmation of that by now. What he still needs to know - and what the WWE still really needs to know - is whether or not Punk can draw consistently big buyrates. Austin will not want to come back to a financial flop. He'll want to be on the show that challenges for the buyrate record set two years ago. Prospective PPV buyers need to see Punk pin a star of Brock's magnitude so that they can buy him as a threat to Austin or John Cena in the Wrestlemania main-event.

Summerslam is going to be a big night for CM Punk. The pressure will be packed. He will need to put on the performance of his life, frankly, to live up to the lofty standards that he has set in big match situations in the past. Brock is like Rock, in that he can still go, but is not a seasoned, every day wrestler. Punk is in for a challenge. He will also need to win. He also needs to hope beyond hope that he and Daniel Bryan have done enough to entice a lot of fans to come out of the woodwork and order this PPV. CM Punk's dream might well depend on it.

Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/columns/...lvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#4cSa1dCbr2uUDLGQ.99
How anybody can say Lesnar needs the win baffles the fuck out of me.
What an excellent article Wrestlingfan35! Thanks for posting it. I agree with you; there really are far too many valid points for why Punk should win then for Lesnar, the part-timer, to win. All in all, I'm fairly certain that when Summerslam closes Punk will have stood victorious, in decisive manner, over top of Lesnar, and all the detractors will just have to sit back and accept that WWE is higher on Punk then they hoped.

Then they will sit patiently until the buyrates for Summerslam this year come out and hope to prey on a potential lower buyrate than 2012, but once they see it's in the same ballpark or higher, they will of course give all credit to Brock but, hey, you can't say they didn't telegraph it :rolleyes:.

#1,530 ·
Crocker STFU, then you wonder why halfwits like Billion Dollar Man bag out Punk marks, you just make the rest of us look like twats.

Punk needs to win, ok Lesnar has lost some aura, but he will always look legit to me, he has an aura around him everytime his on my screen that someone is seriously going to get hurt.

Punk winning not only will catapult him into the elites of this business with The Rocks, Lesnar's, Undertaker's, Cena's and HHH. But will also define his career IMO.

When I say beating Lesnar I mean like, 2 GTS' in a row or something to pin him or getting belted so much he can barely stand but end up just outsmarting Lesnar and going over in a smart way.

#1,580 ·
The Rumble hasn't meant anything in years. Look where last years winner is. Doing 1-800-Fella commercials. Even Del Rio won a Rumble. Yes, I do think Punk should win the Rumble just to have it but it's not some giant win like a win over Lesnar at SummerSlam is.

Who is he even gonna beat for the title? Daniel Bryan? Randy Orton? Those midcard GEEKS who've spent everything but the last month this year losing to everyone under the sun? Yeah, that's a big fucking deal. He's not beating Cena, or Lesnar, or Rock, or Triple H, or Austin, or anybody else who actually matters, which is what he needs. He needs a clean win over a major star, which he has NEVER had. And the match he does get will be about 4'th from the top and nobody will give a shit.

#1,583 ·
spot on with that post man. he needs a win against either stnoe cold, the rock, hhh, undertaker, or brock lesnar..

and he didnt beat cena clean at MITB, i hate when people try their best to be optimistic.. punk benefited from a distraction, and also cena let go of the STF..

#1,590 ·
are u serious? that would be even more unfair to be honest. lesnar being booked to look strong against the undertaker, yet punk gets booked to look WEAK against the undertaker? are they fuckin serious? having punk lose to the rock twice, cena once, kane once, and then having him challenge the undertaker? what the fuck? but then all of a sudden, when BROCK gets to face the undertaker, they keeph im strong? LOL at the hypocricy.

anyways, theres a 60% chance that match wont happen because undertaker is just too injury prone to handle a match with brock, a stiff ufc fighter.

#1,639 ·
It's not about believing in whether a not a wrestler can end Undertaker's streak. It's about the star power of the wrestler and what prestige he brings to the streak. HBK and HHH are both top tier main eventers, guys who are among WWE's elite. Cena, Rock and Lesnar would also be on that level. CM Punk is kind've on a lower level, but he's still big enough to be able to wrestle those guys because let's face it, not many guys in WWE could really, and Punk is the second top guy in WWE after Cena. Just the fact he's wrestling those guys, is a big thing for Punk because not many people have or will. But as far as Punk beating Lesnar goes. Lesnar should beat Punk, it's only right when you consider that Lesnar is already 3:2 on the Win/Loss ratio. If he loses to Punk again, it will be ridiculous when he wrestlers whoever at Wrestlmania and losses again. Punk can be salvaged, Lesnar can't.

#1,726 ·
You will be angering the fans. This is not No Mercy or Armaggedon. You're talking Summerslam -- the 2nd biggest event of the year.

And if you pull a draw here, when you are going to restart the Lesnar-Punk feud to end it? Brock's next match is Wrestlemania. You want to stretch this rivalry out for 8 months?
They've been advertising this match too much to give us a nonsense finish.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.