Wrestling Forum banner

Mark Henry Fakes Retirement, Becomes Demi-God COZ THAT'S WHAT HE DO

67K views 457 replies 309 participants last post by  vault21 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

WWE Superstar Mark Henry, whom has been rumored to be retiring from the wrestling industry for quite some time now, has revealed on his Twitter page that he plans on making the announcement on tonight's Raw episode. Here are some tweets he sent to other verified accounts around an hour ago.

TheMarkHenry ‏@TheMarkHenry
@ArsenioHall man don't miss my retirement tonight.

TheMarkHenry ‏@TheMarkHenry
@MagicJohnson hey Ervin don't miss my retirement tonight on USA network Raw is war.

Mark Henry has been employed with World Wrestling Entertainment since 1995.
http://ringsidenews.com/article/10252/breaking-news-mark-henry-retiring-tonight-on-raw/

Mod Edit: AND THEN HE SWERVED US ALL AND SNAPPED CENA.

Discuss arguably the greatest promo of the year so far here and all the marking out that comes with it.

#30 ·
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Mark Henry Retiring Tonight on Raw

Ratingzzz gonna be at an all time low when he's gone.

I'm genuinely quite sad about this. He worked some really good matches in the past couple of years after a career of sucking for the most part. It's a shame he couldn't have found his form a bit earlier, would have loved a short WWE title run with him.

#31 ·

Really thinking it's a work for some reason.

If not, then damn that sucks. He was one of the highlights in WWE TV over the last couple of years. He was over big as a heel, drawing very well, and worked solid matches too. It really sucks that it took WWE 15 years to capitalize on Henry as a monster heel. Dude could've gone down as one of the greatest heel of all time if he was doing what he is now right from the beginning of his career.

#33 ·

Maybe the Wyatt's will come and beat him down after an emotional retirement speech?

It would be an impactful debut and get some good heat.

#34 ·

I think it's a work. Why would WWE show a video promo of him on Payback anyway?

#36 ·

Reading those tweets , I'm pretty sure this is for real. Be shame to see him go but maybe he's just decided the time is right and he did get a pretty big win at his last Wrestlemania which most people weren't expecting.

Still think there might be something more in his segment tonight than just his farewell speech but if it is the end of the House of Pain, I'm gonna miss him.

#39 ·

I haven't bought the retirement thing from the start. Why would they air vignettes for his return if he were retiring? I don't get it. I'm thinking it's all a work and leads to Henry-Cena, but if it's legit, that sucks. Henry, when healthy, has been on fire since his heel turn in 2011.

#42 ·

This has to be a fucking work! He cant retire will feel so empty without him.

#44 ·

If he was retiring, why would the video they show of him be of him destroying everyone? Just to throw people off is a stupid excuse. Not to mention he could've just retired a couple weeks ago when he last went away. Something about this is weird.

If it's not somehow a work, then I'll say it's too bad that he came into his own too late. Mark Henry was never gonna be one of my personal choices to get everything handed to them, but he had become a great monster heel and I would at least say I enjoyed him more than most of the locker room in recent memory.

I'm not gonna shed a tear for him being gone but if it's true it's too bad, he could've still added to the product.

#48 ·

Can't believe he might retire!

Though I could also see it being similar to HBK-Jericho storyline. Didn't HBK say he was gonna retire(storyline wise), then Jericho came out and stuff and eventually caused HBK to postpone his retirement(storyline wise) to feud with Jericho

I could see Henry saying he's been thinking of retiring, then someone comes out and bashes Henry, causing Henry to attack them, leaving people wondering if this was the last we saw of Henry, or if he'll be back for more.

#50 · (Edited)

If it is a legit retirement - Why does Henry get such a send-off to have a televised goodbye? Last three I can remember are Edge, HBK and Flair, and Edge likely only got one because he was world champion at the time and it was a huge shock.

That makes me believe it's a work.

There did seem to be a disconnect between Henry and the Front Office where he felt they were trying to rush him back, but he believes he's injured and shouldn't be back yet. But if he got fed up with this and retired ie WWE saying you're not hurt, you're dogging it and collecting a hefty paycheck - so he said FU then I'll retire.

Why would they give him a big television farewell?

#51 ·

Really is too bad. Very entertaining performer. I miss certainly miss him, he's been one of my favourites over the last two or three years. He was a legitimate badass and had an aura about him like no one else. Hopefully he's at least retiring on his own terms and because he wants to and not because of injury or anything like that.

#53 ·

I'm hoping he comes out and says that he's retiring and starts ranting on the fans before Cena comes out to defend them and insult Henry starting a feud for the WWE Title at MitB in which Henry gets the win. Give him 5-6 months with the title in a Hall of Pain type gimmick return.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.